Thoughts on ML wave 5

Dane

It's been quite as of late.. So I was just wondering what you guys think about wave 5? I've watched the reviews for some of the figures and I have to say Wrecker looks great. Looks like a really big figure and goes well with Thunderball and Piledriver. I also like Black Panther but the paint looks like a big time spidy job. Ill have to get the figure in hand to make the final call. But if its bad what paint is the best to repaint the figure? I have never done a repaint but it looks like one is in order here. Thoughts, gripes, things you like? Things you'd like to see?

I'm caught up on all waves, with the sole exception of a Piledriver that mysteriously disappeared (or so it seems) from a closet in my apartment. If anyone has one and is willing to trade, please let me know!

That said, I can't wait to get Wrecker and Bulldozer. Speaking of Bulldozer, however, has ANYONE come across the variants ANYWHERE? I've never seen a single one. I know it's been written/said a bajillion times, but I really can't figure Hasbro. All they have to do is put them on HTS.com and they'll be snapped up!

I'm excited for the Jim Lee Jean Grey and White Phoenix. I kind of wish they would have went with just one Jean figure and gave someone else the spot in her running change...updated Storm or a new Psylocke that doesn't cost $90 on ebay, perhaps.

I also really like the modern Hawkeye figure. I might pick it up if I ever happen upon it.

I'm mostly concerned with the possibility of not getting the Jim Lee Jean right away. I know how the previous "swaps" have been going, but there's still a part of me that's afraid I'll open up my BBTS pre order of wave 5, and I'll have AoA Jean or White Phoenix. When I pre ordered the first wave of the new Legends, I got the Stealth Armor IM rather than the normal deco. Granted, that variant was super common...but, the thought is still there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not been very consistent with Marvel Legends...I'm more of a Marvel Select kind of guy these days, but I do own a handful of ML figures. I've got Commander Rogers, Bucky Cap, the black-and-green Spidey, and all of the Iron Man 3 ones. (Yes, that means I have built my very first BAF...Iron Monger baby!!) (lol)

I guess I've just been a little sporadic with the line, only wanting or grabbing the ones I like the most. But I have to say, Wave 5 looks to be the wave I might want to complete for a change. I even like the variants! I'm especially drawn to Bulldozer and Hawkeye...I really want both the classic and modern versions of Mr. Barton. And I'd really like to assemble the Wrecking Crew...years ago I bought the entire Secret Wars mini-series; it was basically my introduction to reading Marvel comics, and I absolutely loved it. The Wrecking Crew was a highlight of the series for me. They just seemed to make great adversaries for any given superhero. And I've always been a sucker for anything designed by Jim Lee, so the Jean Grey is a given.

I have yet to see any of these at retail, but I'll definitely be looking to complete probably the entire wave, although I'm not exactly crazy about building Rocket Raccoon. (lol)

You may be disappointed about the Bulldozer, Classic Hawkeye & Jean running changes...Hasbro said they goofed & somehow forgot to produce all the running changes going back to the Epic Heroes/Wave 3 set. So no red Deadpool, White FF Dr. Doom, Moonstar, Blade, Sentry, X-Force Archangel, Savage She-Hulk/Lyra, White Iron Fist, Bulldozer, Classic Hawkeye, Jeans, Rogue or Phoenix 5 Cyclops. That's a ton of good/cool figures! They may sneak them into other waves though. I definitely want Bulldozer, Classic Hawkeye, Red Deadpool (I sold my two pack version in anticipation for the new one), Blade & Sentry)!

I pretty much just pick & choose them now too instead of buying full sets. Or I'll keep the ones i like & sell the others. Thankfully hasbrotoyshop listed the Rocket Raccoon wave separately so I could just buy the ones I wanted. I wasn't in to Hit Monkey at all but I can't wait to build Rocket Raccoon!

Big Bad Toy Store has Punisher & Ultimate cap on sale for $6.99, Klaw & Constrictor for $8.79 and Scarlet Spider for $8.99 for anyone that's interested!

• 5 weeks later...