Wave 6 and IM Wave 3 - Classic Villains and Female galore.

tarot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need at least 4 of the AIM agents. Hasbro seems to be really improving in giving the fans what they want along with applying the A-listers. Now if they can only work out the distribution.

Ready to get Tiger Shark, Radioactive Man, Songbird, and Batroc.

Also the Marvel Now version of Thor is a nice re-do of the ROML wave one.

The AIM soldier is definite grabber for me from the captain America wave, along with modern baron zemo & I'm loving the black cat sculpt from the spiderman wave too!. These are the ones I want to get my hands on ^_^

Whats funny is people are going to want to army build, and I have a Huge feeling the A.I.M. soldier is the BAF! smart on Hasbros part by not saying who the BaF will be but hinting it is an army builder... Obvious? Its a ballsy move to make a great selling wave and I wouldent put it past them to try because I know a couple of people who built 6 Iron Mongers!? and thats not even an army builder character just a cool azz robot Suit. just my thoughts and I wouldent mind it I would make 3-4 tops.

AIM soldier won't be the BAF. it was announce that the baf will be Iron Monger size. The AIM soldier is a regular release (hopefully with out a BAF piece cuase that would be annoying to have so many of the same piece.)

The BAF is an AB as well but for the life of me I can't thinking of a suitable one that goes with Cap.

I just thought I let people know that it look like the ult GG BAF is the Red Hulk retool.

No Its the Avengers Movie Hulk retooled. You can tell by every thing from the waist down.

which was a retool of red hulk

From where? they are completely 2 different plastics. Red hulk is thicker and the movie avengers Hulk is thin and soft, Movie hulk has ab swivel, Red Hulk has ab crunch, M Hulk has double jointed elbows...the list goes on and on. I cant even believe I have to explain this. Nothing is the same?

For the BAF Jubilee wave, anyone knows if you have to buy 3 or 6 figures to complete her? Because if it's just 3(Like say the 3 Villian figures that each have a variant), I might be okay with it, but it's all 6, I'm not sure. I remember how hard it was for me to finally build Terrax when I decided I wanted both Variant Commander Rogers and Stealth Iron Man instead of the regular verisons, and how much of a pain that was to finally complete(Normally, I don't buy all the figures of a BAF wave, unless I get like 4 or 5 out of 6 figures, and I get some of the figures at a good price).

For Wave 3 Iron Man 3 line, defently going to want Pepper Potts as Rescue. That said, I'm surprised they haven't released that 6" Whiplash figure they showed a prototype of back in 2010.

For Captain America: The Winter Soilder, defently going to want Movie Black Widow and Comic Book Modern Baron Zemo. Will consider Movie Winter Soilder, and Cap's costume in the movie, but I still need to see what the 4" verisons are going to look like 1st, because if those look good enough, I'll get those.

For Spider-man, that Classic/1980's-1990's Black Cat does look really nice. I wonder if they are going to do a variant of Black Cat where they replace the black with blue, because in that Classic costume, they sometimes either colour it dark blue in the comics, or some statues sometimes make it a shinny blue. Or even do a variant were it's the modern costume? Will decide on Black Cat once we get more details, probably by Toy Fair 2014.

Really do hope they keep their promise on releasing the variant figures of the various waves, and that they consider keeping the Build A Figure piece(Though to be honest, if they did that, that would mean they would have to consider re-releasing the other figures that make up the Build A Figure for those waves). Otherwise, it sounds like they may instead just release them without the Build A Figure pieces as singles or 2 packs. It wouldn't necessary affect me, but I do know that it would upset a lot of people. An example of this was in DCUC, they had a wave with Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost who were shortpackage/hard to find, as they had pieces to complete Giganta. Mattel did re-release them in a V.S. 2 pack, but many people were upset that they didn't come with the 2 Build A Figure pieces to complete Giganta(Which to me, doesn't make sense with one 2 pack, unless you were doing 2 packs of all the other figures in that wave, or re-release the other figures of the wave as singles. Otherwise, you only have one 2 pack with 2 BAF pieces, but the single figures are no longer around or hard to find).

Maybe Hasbro should also consider re-releasing those Wal-mart Exclusive Marvel Movie 6" figures in some format, but this time, in regular retail(Best option, but maybe for a wave with no Build A Figure pieces), or as a different store exclusive (Not Wal-mart, but maybe this time as Target or Toys R Us Exclusives). Maybe use the 2 Caps and Nick Fury(1st movie and Avengers) in the Winter Soilder Movie line(Maybe with no Build A Figure pieces for those who already got them), and if they do decide to do a Thor Movie line, a repainted Thor in 2nd move colours with a swappable head(Build A Figure Piece), and Avengers Loki in both Avengers(No Build A Figure piece unless they decide to do variants) and Movie 2 colours(Build A Figure Piece).

• 1 month later...

If the Captain America, Spider-Man, X-Men, and future movie ML lines get extended to at least 2 I'd like to see:
Captain America:

• Agent 13 (Comic & Movie Versions)
  • Black Widow (Comic Version)
  • Winter Soldier (Comic Version)
  • Hydra Soldiers (Comic Version)
  • Taskmaster
  • Nick Fury (Comic Version
  • Nick Fury Jr. (Secret Avengers)
  • Nuke
  • Falcon
  • D-Man
  • Armadillo

Spider-Man:

• Sandman
  • Toxin
  • Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly)
  • Green Goblin
  • Gwen Stacy (Comic Version)
  • MJ (Comic Version)
  • Superior Spider-Man or Classic Spider-Man (if they put the other in the wave that's coming out)