Marvel Legend Updates

Professor

Its been awhile since I have been on these forums. I stopped checking after having to go through the password reset everytime and not being kep signed in. Hopefully those problems are in the past. It seems like activity in here has been pretty light any way...

Well I really would like to view this video on the Marvel Legend updates but I cannot get the video to play. (Found here)

Rant aside. Can anyone give a brief summary of what the video contained? I'd really like to know.

Anyone know whats going on with the variants from the Hit-Monkey series? Last I had heard from news out of SDCC Hasbro claimed to have fixed the problems with case ditribution and planned to get those changes out but early swaps would be held back.

Really would like to acquire the Snetry running change and the X-Force Archangel. Any news would be appreciated, even bad news. Thanks out there!

Basically that the new upcoming movie based/related lines will have better distribution as far as variants and swap figures go. As far as the ones from previous lines that we're waiting on it's still not clear as they said we might get them in future lines. Personally if movie based lines are going to be the thing, I can only see us getting maybe Rogue, Moonstar and maybe the Jean Grey/Phoenix and Cyclops anytime soon. That's if they do a line for the Days of Future Past movie. Other than that it's a couple of years to the next Avengers movie. I cant picture Blade or Lyra in those lines. Maybe just maybe Sentry, Iron Fist and possibly Bulldozer in an Avengers line. Sucks. You're abusing my love Hasbro!

Wow that is some bleak news. Guess that Archangel and Sentry will just collect dust on my wish list, just like the FF Doom. I am really looking forward to some of those Spider-man Legends though. That Carnage and Black Cat look awesome. The Superior Spider-man thing still grinds me the wrong way but its a nice looking figure.

Thank you for providing me the cliff notes on the video!

Oh hai professor,

Basically what prime said. Here are some other notable things I can recall.

Good news:

- Movie line will focus more on getting all swaps out

- However, while it has been assured that the Cap Am movie line will have all swaps guaranteed, as well as available all in one box, the same cannot be said of the Spiderman line.

- This means that Wave 1 of Cap Am line will offer Cap Am, Hydra soldier, Aim Soldier, Red Skull, and Zemo available all in one box. The other revealed figures will be released in a second wave.

Bad news:

- Spiderman lineup will consist of Spidey, another Spider version, movie Electro, Black Cat, Carnage, Boomerang, Ult Beetle. It is unknown at this moment which figures will be featured in the first and second waves.

- The unreleased swaps (MoonSTAR [CJay kept calling her Moonstone], Blade, Lyra, Sentry, Iron Fist, Bulldozer, Jean Grey I and II) do not have a planned release date in 2014... meaning, if they were to be included in a later wave, it will most likely wait till 2015.

- no news on the Jubilee wave. It's mid November... highly unlikely they'll be released this year, if at all.

Thanks for the news vicious_maturity. I wish we had more info on that Spider-man line. I love that Carnage and Blackcat and really hope to get my hands on those.

I simply do not understand Hasbro. They have a perfectly usable means to release those figures that are essentially just waiting to be sold. Its called... wait for it...

HasbroToyShop.com

They have these figures already tooled and ready for production. They have people wanting to purchase them and constantly on their case to make these available. If they do a pre-order style release they will get a very good idea of how much to produce. They also will be getting those profits directly. Hasbro just leaves me sctratching my head. So many poor chocies recently...

I second deltron3030, any news on the third Ironman legends line would be nice. I really want to pick up that Rescue figure. I have low hopes though as I've never seen wave 2 in stores since wave 1 clogged things for so long and is still sitting in many stores even on clearance. Another poorly executed release...

• 1 month later...

Im sorry but im not taking Hasbro's word on this, at all. I have asked them about this kinda problem when it started on the second wave of Marvel Legends.

Lemme break it down on what happened. My stores, within a 5, to 50 mile radius have not (repeat HAVE NOT) Been getting in any of the new Marvel Legends toy lines. Walmart, Target, none of them based on the comic toy line. Soon as Wave 3 hit the shelf, thats all they've gotten in and thats all they keep putting out on the shelf, is Wave 1 and 2 of the Marvel Legends.

Ive even asked them, both stores as to why any of the new product has come in, They tell me that, thats what their getting from the company. They make the orders and thats what Hasbro's sending. So I e-mailed Hasbro, about my situation and they tell me that they are coming out.

Please tell, does this make any sense?!?

So ever since then Ive been missing out on Wave 3, 4, 5, and including the Wolverine 6" line up. And im blaming Hasbro, Walmart, and Target for this because of their horrible communication with one another and with their customer.

Since then any of Hasbro's words, are nothing but an empty promise to me. Granted this is my problem, but a major problem none the less. Considering two major stores in multiple locations in Arizona are not getting their up to date porducts.

Vincent, I have had your problem for the longest time, which prompted me to stop collecting for a period.

But the wonders of online ordering became my salvation. True, retail costs are very low, but action figures I find, are not as prominent as they used to be more than a decade ago (and possibly, not as profitable?). The most recent wave my local stores carry is the Hit Monkey, skipping Epic Heroes altogether. The local Disney store stopped carrying any action figures altogether, not even the Marvel Universe line. I live in a major city suburb, mind you.

Honestly, if you want any of the new lines, succumb to order online. Get them asap, for if you wait around another couple of years hoping for their retail release, you might find that their rarities have hit the market and their prices, skyrocketed.

Also, the Wolverine Legends line was never meant to hit any retail stores. Online exclusive. You might find some local comic book specialty stores carrying them, but don't expect them for cheap prices or large quantities.