Cap Wave

Dane

Robotkingdom's has their pre order up and I was looking at the case break down. All the figures are supposed to come in a case correct? As in Zemo, Red Skul,l AIM and Hydra. Idk if their case break down is correct or not but their if 4 caps and one each of everything else. Army building is not going to be easy it seems? Why isn't BBTS up for pre order

BBTS has it up now, as well as the Spidey Legends figures. January 2014 release date... Hmm, isn't that a little soon? I thought they were releasing these babies on film release dates?

But then again, the Black Widow and Winter Soldier, both of which are the movie versions, will come out at a later wave, presumably closer to the movie's release date. So I guess that's okay too.

Thank you. I wonder how these are going to do in retail. I just started collecting with the Hit Monkey series, so in your opinions what is best? Ordering a case or trying to find at retail? Do you guys think they will end up on Hasbrotoyshop? I was able to get the Rocket Raccoon wave from there, but Hit Monkey series was by the case. I'm just trying to learn all the tricks of the trade. Thanks in advance.

Thank you. I wonder how these are going to do in retail. I just started collecting with the Hit Monkey series, so in your opinions what is best? Ordering a case or trying to find at retail? Do you guys think they will end up on Hasbrotoyshop? I was able to get the Rocket Raccoon wave from there, but Hit Monkey series was by the case. I'm just trying to learn all the tricks of the trade. Thanks in advance.

I think these may be distributed like the Iron Man 3 Legends were distributed, so we may see this as a mass retail offering including HTS as well...

Both of these will see mass retail and HTS being movie lines. It's just a matter of how much your local stores order. All the Targets near me had the IM3 waves where as only 6 or 7 of the 11 Wal marts had them. I finally spotted the last wave of Legends in Wal Mart the other day. Not to mention I just got Jean off of HTS last week for $14 shipped. Patience paid off. I only really wanted 3 figures from that wave anyway. It just depends on how bad or how soon do you want them. I'm waiting for retail for all of these except maybe Black Cat since scalpers and collectors alike will be all over her.

• 3 weeks later...

Cap wave is hitting Targets. DCPI 087-06-2560 for $14.99 each.

If Target is still charging $15 each, then BBTS is seriously price gouging. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about that...

Where do you see price Gouging? If you buy a full case from BBTS the cost is $160 which is basically $20 a figure. BBTS has to pay more than a Target or Walmart because they can't afford to buy in the same bulk numbers those big box retailers can. The way it works if you are a retailer is the more you buy the less you pay. The system is set up to reward the big guys not the small. Your technically paying more a figure to buy from a BBTS but the upside is your not spending money on gas driving around town trying to find them which unless you happen to hit the store the moment they put the case out you likely won't find a Hydra or AIM figure, not to mention your saving wear and tear on your car not driving all over the place and the level of frustration of hitting store after store only to come up empty handed. I mean if you can easily find these figures at the big box stores then knock yourself out and buy the cheaper figures, but I don't think BBTS is ripping you off and in the long run may actually be saving you some money and sanity.

Cap wave is hitting Targets. DCPI 087-06-2560 for $14.99 each.

If Target is still charging $15 each, then BBTS is seriously price gouging. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about that...

Where do you see price Gouging? If you buy a full case from BBTS the cost is $160 which is basically $20 a figure. BBTS has to pay more than a Target or Walmart because they can't afford to buy in the same bulk numbers those big box retailers can. The way it works if you are a retailer is the more you buy the less you pay. The system is set up to reward the big guys not the small. Your technically paying more a figure to buy from a BBTS but the upside is your not spending money on gas driving around town trying to find them which unless you happen to hit the store the moment they put the case out you likely won't find a Hydra or AIM figure, not to mention your saving wear and tear on your car not driving all over the place and the level of frustration of hitting store after store only to come up empty handed. I mean if you can easily find these figures at the big box stores then knock yourself out and buy the cheaper figures, but I don't think BBTS is ripping you off and in the long run may actually be saving you some money and sanity.

I understand all of that and I have been a BBTS customer and supporter for a long time, and I'm willing to pay a 2-3 dollars over retail which should cover the costs of the price difference. But when all is said and done, I'll be paying over seven dollars a figure for each figure. I can name at least 3 significantly smaller online retailers who I can all but guarantee I'll be paying closer to retail ($15-$17) instead of $20+ (not including HTS). I like and support their Pile of Loot feature which keep shipping costs down, but they are more than making up for it in the cost of the set.

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined the group and I want to thank those that posted the Target DCPI for the Cap Legends. I was able to find a complete case on Saturday at one of my local Targets in Laredo, TX. I bought the whole case and sold the duplicates to a friend in town who also collects. Don't worry I sold them to him at retail, I'm not a scalper. Not to brag but in the attempt to find another Cap case for the same friend at the other local Target I did a search for the New Spiderman Legends on one of the price scanners and luckily they had a case in stock. Thanks to Marvelous News and all its members because I also became aware of the Target DCPI for that wave on this site. I am happy to say that I was able to find both Infinite Series waves for the Captain America and Spiderman Legends movie line in the same city. Laredo only has two Targets and is not that big of a city compared to other cities in Texas.

Just joined the group and I want to thank those that posted the Target DCPI for the Cap Legends. I was able to find a complete case on Saturday at one of my local Targets in Laredo, TX. I bought the whole case and sold the duplicates to a friend in town who also collects. Don't worry I sold them to him at retail, I'm not a scalper. Not to brag but in the attempt to find another Cap case for the same friend at the other local Target I did a search for the New Spiderman Legends on one of the price scanners and luckily they had a case in stock. Thanks to Marvelous News and all its members because I also became aware of the Target DCPI for that wave on this site. I am happy to say that I was able to find both Infinite Series waves for the Captain America and Spiderman Legends movie line in the same city. Laredo only has two Targets and is not that big of a city compared to other cities in Texas.

image.png

• 1 month later...