Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Sponsors

• Topics

• Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about, "Pole."  Disney lets each division and studio operate with a huge amount of autonomy. Marvel Studios takes care of Marvel Studios business, including hiring and all that goes with it, like background checks. The autonomy they operate with was earned, but it's also given out of necessity; despite what people want to believe, Disney is just too damn busy with their own operations to micro-manage Marvel Studios, Pixar and Lucasfilm. To suggest they all knew about the tweets years ago is pure ignorant speculation. Marvel Studios may have, but Disney didn't. The real reason for the firing is a simple one: Disney's core value, the ideal everything revolves around and something ingrained into their corporate culture, is that childhood is sacred, special and magical. If there is one line you definitely can't cross with them, it's that. Disney couldn't care less about the conservo-twats who dug the tweets up or what supposed pressure they brought to bear. The truth is, Disney would've fired Gunn once they became aware of the tweets, regardless of the way they were discovered/brought to their attention. As I said, those tweets crossed an uncrossable line with Disney. You're apparently also ignorant of Disney's history of cutting ties with profitable people who exhibit unsavory character flaws. For example, once accusations came to light and an investigation was made, they fired John Lasseter--Pixar guru and animation genius who turned Disney animation around--because he had become an abusive drunk. That's a huge loss for Disney there. You just know Dreamworks or Illumination would love to snap him up asap. Or maybe you didn't know that they forced the Weinsteins out of Miramax and then sold it off completely because they heard about Harvey W's atrocious reputation, but couldn't find anyone to step forward and press charges. They believed what they heard though, and cut ties rather than associate with a horrible person, no matter how much money he brought in. Also, Gunn was an unknown when he was hired BY MARVEL STUDIOS (and not Disney). It was actually a huge gamble to hire him as the director of a big budget flick about an obscure group of comic characters the general movie-going public knew nothing of, let alone cared about. He hadn't done anything to suggest he was capable of helming such a project. He wasn't sought after. He wasn't admired or in demand. To assert Disney knew beforehand and turned a blind eye because of the money he'd bring in is just astoundingly stupid, lacking in both facts and common sense, and full of shat.
    • Don't care about the game. Not going to buy a PS4 for one game. Prefer my 1X for gaming. It looks like the Devs did a nice job. Folks should have a good time.   I do have a pre order in for the Legends figure based on game though.
    • PM sent if you’re still looking for the boxcar.
    • Went to three Walgreens after work.  The newest legends any of them had were from the first Deadpool wave.  
    • The unmasked head is definitely the best feature of this figure.  I saw some other reviews and people got better painted ones so I guess you were no so lucky. The hair to the side puts some dramatic effect but limits a bit which poses you can put the figure on.  But what really bothers me and I think all are like this, is the huge gap in the crotch area. Tha is very ugly. Psylocke has that problem too, but this figure looks a lot worse. I think that they should not use legs so skinny because that would make it easier to hide or just fix the peg and sue a shorter one.  In comparison I think the X-Force version looks better and the fact you can put the unmasked head on it is a plus. 

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE