Predict the SDCC 2014 exclusive!

vicious_maturity

2011-- Modern Thor

2012-- X-Force set, with Wolverine, Psylocke, and Archangel

2013- Thunderbolts set, with Luke Cage, Moonstone, Ghost, Crossbones, and Satana.

I thought there was a pattern here of a team manifesting into action figure form based on their popularities in the prior year... but there isn't... seeing as both X-Force and Thunderbolts sets were formed in 2011.

But if you can find a pattern here, go for broke with your predictions!

Mine:

Brain: Avengers Marvel NOW set- Thor, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Havok, Wolverine

OR Inhumans set- Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Lockjaw

• My brain's telling me it's gonna be some sort of an Avengers team and the reason why I picked the Marvel NOW set is simply because they have to have a full Marvel NOW team at some point, so why not at SDCC? Plus the Thunderbolts set from the previous year was quite out of left field-- maybe they're opting for a more mainstream approach this year.
  • Then again, with how successful the Infinite waves have been getting, maybe another "out-of-left-field" set wouldn't hurt sales, and it would satisfy some fans. Which brings us to the Inhumans. They got an MU set...so... plus, this is a good way to re-popularize the team and put them on the map as a viable brand, especially with the FF movie coming out next year.

Heart: X-Men Marvel NOW set- Storm, Rachel Grey, Jubilee, Psylocke, Rogue

• I enjoyed this composition. And it certainly broke barriers. But would Hasbro risk an exclusive composed of only female figures? Maybe we don't have enough faith in the consuming public? This set's also good in that it satisfies those who were really banking on Rogue/Jubilee to get released last year.
  • Another team I would love here is Alpha Flight, but they're not really on any radar right now, anywhere. Seeing as we already have Sasquatch, Guardian, and Puck, a set of: Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, Medicine Man would be nice.

Gut: X-Men Days of Future Past comic set- Classic costumes of: Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, Storm, Nimrod, Rachel Summers, Colossus

• No word yet on an Infinite DOFP line, and it looks like there won't be one. Ergo, my gut's telling me it's gonna be a DOFP set just to have it coincide with the movie's release.

What do you think? What are your predictions?

Brain : They will release something they already released with a new paintjob along with one or more of the "missing" figures.

Marvel Knights : Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Blade. (2 birds with 1 stone)
X-men (insert whatever name will make the set make sense) : Rogue, Jubilee, White Phoenix, Moonstar, FA Storm (5 figures they made and never released)
Phoenix 5 - Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Magik, Namor

Heart : There are so many!
Mutant X : Fallen, Brute, Ice-Man, Goblin Queen, Havok, Bloodstorm
Alpha Flight : Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, Shaman
Young Avengers : Wiccan, Hulkling, Kid Loki, Kate Bishop, Marvel Boy

Last year, it was announced June 5th. So we still have some ways to go.

thedevilsdude06, I like that X-Men set you have there... Somehow, I'm really doubting we're getting another X-Men 5 pack, considering we just got that horrid All-New set. Me personally, I would spend my money on any X-Men that comes out lol.

I personally would love to see a Phoenix 5 boxset. I'd love to see that done and I believe a 5-pack would be the best way to pull it off. I'd really love to see something related to GOTG as well. I'd really love to build the comic based team. I have Drax and only need the arms for Rocket Raccoon. By the way if anyone has extras would love to make a deal to acquire those arms...

I personally would love to see a Phoenix 5 boxset. I'd love to see that done and I believe a 5-pack would be the best way to pull it off. I'd really love to see something related to GOTG as well. I'd really love to build the comic based team. I have Drax and only need the arms for Rocket Raccoon. By the way if anyone has extras would love to make a deal to acquire those arms...

I like the sound of this. Especially given the recent Phoenix 5 Cyclops eBay craziness. I'd take any of the Phoenix 5.

I would also love to see a Femme Fatale set with any un-releashed figures: Rogue, Moonstone, Jubilee, Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel, Lilandra, FA Storm.

Or an unreleashed set of Blade, Rogue, P5 Cyclops, Sentry, Iron Fist.

X-Men Days of Future Past wouldn't really coincide with the movie release if the movie is out in May and the SDCC is in July.

I do think we are WAY down on X-Men movie figures and what were the last ones? X3 The Last Stand? Phoenix, Juggernaut, Colossus and Beast? There have been so many developments in the X-Men franchise that there's cause for a whole new line of figures, I'm surprised they haven't done any in so long.

I would buy any of these sets:

Inhumans - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal, Lockjaw (a MUST for an Inhumans set!)

Future Foundation - Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing, Dr. Doom (white, unreleased), Dragon Man, Franklin & Valeria Richards

Marvel NOW Avengers - Thor (unreleased), Scarlet Witch, Rogue (unreleased), Havok, Hawkeye (unreleased), Wolverine

Alpha Flight - Northstar, Aurora, Shaman, Snowbird, Guardian (remake), Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

Apologists Release - Dani Moonstar, Bulldozer, Blade, Sentry, Lyra, Iron Fist, Rogue

Brain : They will release something they already released with a new paintjob along with one or more of the "missing" figures.

Marvel Knights : Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Blade. (2 birds with 1 stone)

X-men (insert whatever name will make the set make sense) : Rogue, Jubilee, White Phoenix, Moonstar, FA Storm (5 figures they made and never released)

Phoenix 5 - Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Magik, Namor

Heart : There are so many!

Mutant X : Fallen, Brute, Ice-Man, Goblin Queen, Havok, Bloodstorm

Alpha Flight : Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, Shaman

Young Avengers : Wiccan, Hulkling, Kid Loki, Kate Bishop, Marvel Boy

I don't like the guessing game (sorry, it's just me, I like to be pleasantly surprised), but if I were to play, I would have guessed either the Women of X-Men or the Phoenix 5, both mentioned by thedevilsdue06...

I think the Phoenix 5 would be a set that would be perfectly unique for a Comic Con, but would sit around if released at retail.

• 4 weeks later...

I could see them doing a "Masters-of-Evil" pack and include the announced but unreleased:

- Radioactive Man

- Blizzard

- Batroc

- Tigershark

Maybe adding a new 5th figure like Grey Gargoyle etc...

this. but I think they would trade Grey Gargoyle for repaint of Zemo.

$100... and that's for people that get them at the door. How much more outside of it? The Thunderbolts last year sold for... $89.99 retail. The cheapest I got that was $120 (via HTS... since I'm Canadian, $30 for shipping). But average prices upon release were like $140-150 PLUS shipping on ebay. I'm dreading how much this Thanos imperative will sell for, yikes. I think the most I'd pay is $150 with shipping... but the question is whether to try one of the vendors on ebay, or compete with everyone else once they get released on HTS, circa August? Hmm...

So no one really got the prediction right, 100%. A few, myself included, got Medusa (though I'm sure, not in the outfit we expected), Black Bolt... and another few got Star-Lord.

Blastaar and Gladiator evaded the predictions!

It's a bittersweet set, personally. I would have loved to see Gamora and Groot (both were in Thanos Imperative weren't they? I'm sure Gamora was) but what are you gonna do?

We're finally getting a comic Star-Lord, as was promised! Those who want to complete a comic GOTG set will go crazy to get him.

Gladiator and Star Lord are my favourite figures of the bunch. Medusa, again, is not in the outfit I'd wanted her in but meh. Would anyone here have preferred she got prehensile hair instead of the block of plastic? I think I'd be more excited for her if that was the case. Blastaar is cool, but again, comic Groot or Gamora would have been nicer. Black Bolt is meh, since we technically already have one, but I know some people have been craving a remake.

One of the best theme exclusive I have ever seen. almost new characters and all character that I can say "Fin-*****ing-lly".

Blastaar- Nice to have another classic villian. Kinda saw him being made because he was done in MU/MUA. Using the hulk base works for him.

Medusa- I be honest delighted that we finally have her (maybe Crystal in the F4 movie line?) but I prefer the classic look

Gladiator- finally finally finally. now I can move on and find another one to do.

Starlord- well we knew he was coming here he is.

Back Bolt- well time to throw that his other POS in storage.

These are sweet. Does HTS.com always get the comic con exclusives to sell? I'd love to own this. The star lord looks like a repaint of the aim soldier body. That's funny because I was thinking about making a custom with an extra AIM soldier. Either way, this set is cool.

I don't know if they ALWAYS do. I know for sure, after the Cons the past two years, the Thunderbolts and X-Force sets were available for a sporadic amount of time. They kept popping in and out and would sell approximately 1-5 sets a posting. The Thunderbolts were sold out by late August. The X-Force sets were sold out much sooner.

I guess it would depend on how much stock they have left over from their factories?