Toy Biz & Hasbro

coco-loco

I searched up for the old threads as to whether this had been done before...which is had been (the last thread I could find which covered this topic was from 2008).

It seems like this was a sensitive topic back then but on the same account the Hasbro line hadn't been around as long at that point. SO, I ask you all; now that the Hasbro line has been around for around the same amount of time that the Toy Biz series were around for, which are you overall happier with?

I've only recently gotten back into ML but I'm collecting with the sole purpose of focussing on the Toy Biz line, partly because that was the line I was familiar with as a kid and I had a weird dislike for the Hasbro line back then too....though I don't know why hahah.

Keen to hear your thoughts! Thanks guys! :)

I like what hasbro has been doing since the Return of ML and with the Infinity line. Sure when they got the license at first they did fairly bad but that was only cause they were just starting out and didn't really know what the fans were like. When they cancel ML first it was a huge blow and they returned to full form with the ROML line. Some of the figures they did have surpassed the TB figure. The Infinity line, where they are all theme based, is the best idea they have had for a long time and I love most if not all the figures.

while some of the scuplts and paint can be bad, one thing Hasbro has over TB is their character choices. they are not afraid to dive into as far as the z-list character if that's what the fans want.

People over glorify TB. They were the same as any other company. They made some poor choices but the sculpt and paint was one of the few things that they had over TB.

I like what hasbro has been doing since the Return of ML and with the Infinity line. Sure when they got the license at first they did fairly bad but that was only cause they were just starting out and didn't really know what the fans were like. When they cancel ML first it was a huge blow and they returned to full form with the ROML line. Some of the figures they did have surpassed the TB figure. The Infinity line, where they are all theme based, is the best idea they have had for a long time and I love most if not all the figures.

while some of the scuplts and paint can be bad, one thing Hasbro has over TB is their character choices. they are not afraid to dive into as far as the z-list character if that's what the fans want.

People over glorify TB. They were the same as any other company. They made some poor choices but the sculpt and paint was one of the few things that they had over TB.

Took me a while to decipher as I'm new around here and was a little unsure about the abbreviations used.

ROML= Return of Marvel Legends, right? I did a little research....I don't know if this is right or not but does that start with the Terrax series?

The Infinity Line= Mandroid & Ultimate Green Goblin series, right?

Sorry for being such a dunce!

Back to the topic though, I had dropped out of anything ML related for almost ten years, so what I saw of the Hasbro lines was the very early stuff which (then as a kid) I spoke badly of something chronic. Since looking into them more (as of the last few days), there are a few figures which I like the looks of; Klaw and most of the Arnim Zola series to name a couple.

As you said, a lot of the characters in the Hasbro line are a little more obscure which I honestly love. That would happen occasionally with the TB line but Hasbro certainly takes it many steps further which is rad.

Thanks for your response and for not bashing me as this was my first thread in here! :)

Cool to hear your thoughts....it's made me think twice about the Hasbro line now (for the better).

To be honest I'd say they're almost on par with one another, with a slight edge to hasbro. I've been collecting since Series 8 of Toy Biz and despite some of the classics from the Toy Biz era I have replaced older Toy Biz figures with better Hasbro ones (Heroic Age Thor, Puck series Wolverine etc.) There are honestly some figures which Toy Biz did better, Spider-Man, Lizard, Colossus, Sentinel BAF etc, and then there are some that they didn't (Black Cat). The new Carnage, Black Cat, and Nova figures are amazing, even some older figures like Warpath and the Fin Fang Foom BAF were good and I'm not sure we'd ever have seen these under Toy Biz but of course we'll never know. So kudos to Toy Biz for getting the ball rolling, but Hasbro is doing a great job running with it now. Love the direction with the new Infinite line but hey I'm a Spider-Man collector so I'm rather biased on this.

To be honest I'd say they're almost on par with one another, with a slight edge to hasbro. I've been collecting since Series 8 of Toy Biz and despite some of the classics from the Toy Biz era I have replaced older Toy Biz figures with better Hasbro ones (Heroic Age Thor, Puck series Wolverine etc.) There are honestly some figures which Toy Biz did better, Spider-Man, Lizard, Colossus, Sentinel BAF etc, and then there are some that they didn't (Black Cat). The new Carnage, Black Cat, and Nova figures are amazing, even some older figures like Warpath and the Fin Fang Foom BAF were good and I'm not sure we'd ever have seen these under Toy Biz but of course we'll never know. So kudos to Toy Biz for getting the ball rolling, but Hasbro is doing a great job running with it now. Love the direction with the new Infinite line but hey I'm a Spider-Man collector so I'm rather biased on this.

WOAH. I hadn't noticed the Nova ML figure for some reason....I just checked it out then and it looks super rad!!!

My only beef with the Warpath figure is that it wasn't his original costume. I'm a sucker for the silver/bronze age of Marvel though cause it's what I grew up on I suppose.

The only other thing I'm not huge on is the Groot series for Guardian of the Galaxy or whatever? I'm not excited for the movie, so any interest in the ML series is (unfortunately) limited hahahaha.

WOAH. I hadn't noticed the Nova ML figure for some reason....I just checked it out then and it looks super rad!!!

My only beef with the Warpath figure is that it wasn't his original costume. I'm a sucker for the silver/bronze age of Marvel though cause it's what I grew up on I suppose.

The only other thing I'm not huge on is the Groot series for Guardian of the Galaxy or whatever? I'm not excited for the movie, so any interest in the ML series is (unfortunately) limited hahahaha.

Yeah I love the new Nova figure, I'm a huge fan of the character especially from Annihilation onward. Probably one of my favorite MLs ever.