Marvel Legends Psylocke Variant!!

savonte007

Hmm. It's hard to say. I don't have a "real" one per se. But when comparing your photos to this:

http://marvellegends.info/legendspics/series14/psylocke/crimsonDawnPsylocke%20(4).JPG

- It might seem your figure has a shiny sheen. Could be custom painted... Then again, it could just be the lighting and flash? Generally speaking though, the finish shouldn't be too glossy.

- Psylocke's garter should extend all the way around the ball joint. Yours kind of ends before the ball joint's end.

- the torso area- notice the difference in shape? The black should cover most of her chest. Yours kinda has a distinct hourglass shape.

- there are black paint smudges on your figure's chest, as well as on the inside of her thigh.

Check for signs of resealing. Or maybe a tiny slit at the base that would allow one to insert the figure in?

Again, I'm no expert, and I don't have one of CD Psylockes myself. Just sharing my two cents, that is- what you have is a custom. I have a custom myself (or had, I don't remember if I've sold it or not). And it suffers from paint smudging too.

FYI, a real CD Psylocke, I've seen sold from $500 to $15,000, depending on condition. I'd love to own one someday but I'll probably be never rich enough to justify such a purchase. lol

Thanks for you You knowledge. I put up several other pics to view as I'm still on the fence as to if this is custom or not. It does have the same paint rub on the chest that the standard marvel legends psylocke has...go check yours out it does have it... So that means that its for sure the same mold. The X logo looks to perfect I highly doubt a customizer could get it like that... The hair also is another indication as its different but you can also see the old wash coming in on one string of hair on the right side of her face. The eyes are the same.. but what gets me is the eyebrows, which seem to be thicker and shorter than the standard..

The face logo is exactly the same as the alleged variant in size and in how it is placed on her face. It is however has a tad more brightness than the one listed above... But what if that's just how this one came out? I've looked several places online and I can't get a real clear picture as to what its supposed to look like. Thanks guys.

Unboxing a Marvel Legends Crimson Dawn Psylocke:

All the photos I've seen, as well as what's depicted in this unboxing, show that CD Psylocke does not have the hourglass lining above her bosom. Most of her chest should be covered. The eyelashes are also overdone. The x symbol can come out well too depending on a customizers skill. I'll show you some good examples later (but it is as easy as looking online). I also found my custom CD Psylocke and her x symbol is also well done. Will post photo later.

There are some rare collectors here (and I believe they frequent the rare forum, but I forgot what it was called). Best to have them verify its authenticity, but I reckon a hands on verification is always more accurate.

But as for me, I wouldn't regard this as real. The chest area is provably the biggest red flag. Even my custom doesn't maintain the hourglass shape. But maybe one of the rare collectors will say differently.

Thanks for the video add... That video doesn't show the face in detail, it kind of just skims over it. I would love to see a verified one up close and not just skimed over... What do you mean hour glass covered up? If you mean the mold of the body it is the standard psylock mold it just has black so it "appears" smaller probably. But it is the same mold. I do agree with you about the eyelashes... But keep in mind this is super up close and we are disecting it like à science project so we are looking for the flaws.. you should post your custom.

Here. The chest area. All the ones I've seen online (from marvellegends.net, toyark, etc.) as well as the one from the video show a fully covered chest area. NOT the one that maintains the original blue Psylocke's hourglass lining. Compare the red circle area to yours.

Also, have you asked at the rare forum yet?

Vic is right, mine has the same chest as his picture not the hour glass of the normal figure.

it was at this place called Cedar Cliff collectables in Eagan MN. They are pretty much an action figure warehouse with all kinda cool and craziness going on lol. Are you interested in "intentionally" buying it lol?

Haha - really neat find, but nope not in my budget to buy one figure. That action figure warehouse sounds like an awesome place to go spelunking, though. I know of the figure, but do not know the intricacies to know if yours is legit or not, always fun to speculate and find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Looks like you sold your Psylocke figure. Congratulations, it sold quite well.

It seems I'm not the only one who's had their reservations about the figure, though. The lowest I've ever seen that figure sell for on Ebay was $500 ish. And that was for an opened Crimson Dawn, loose.

In any case, I'm assuming that was a huge profit for you?