Sign in to follow this  
RichardC

Want Dakken Marvel Legends

I don't know if anyone has messaged you yet, but check the Disney Store and Ross or Marshalls. I have seen him twice at Ross, and a Disney Store in Gilroy, CA had 4 of them, they had the Arnim Zola line with the swap figures, 16.95. Plus other figures from the Epic Heroes line.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Sponsors

• Topics

• Good to see you back in the game Cobra. Nothin' like a good ole SDCC to bring the gang back together, right. Ya, me and Rukk put our differences aside & realized we have a greater cause to fight: The prevention of the TAKOVER of one of the best American toy lines in history by changing everone's favorite comic action figures to ACTOR FIGURES. Again, I like figures based on movies as much as any comic fan, buuuuut we are a long way from one Tom Jane Punisher or Ben Affeck DD mixed in every once in a while to the unrivaled HORRAAAH that was the Black Panther wave(s) and Infinity War waves. What's happening to our ML? All levity aside (sorry Tarot), I personally think it's a mixture the whole 10 year anniversary thing and the end of the modern Avengers movie arch as we know it. As we all know, the actors are starting to get up there in age & tho it seems RDJ is okay to be Tony Stark in every damn movie for the rest of his life, most of the other actors (specifically the Chris's) are ready to throw in the towel. So with the future uncertain at this point, I think this is Hasbro & Marvel's last hooorah to milk as much Hollywood based merch out of the line as possible. Now, much like the BP movie, the Cap Marvel movie is starting to look a lot more appealing than it previously had, but the sad truth is this Cap simply does not have the chops to carry the next phase, no matter how much Marvel wants her to. Marvel Stdios does get it wrong every once in a while (Inhumans anyone?) And this will be one of those times. This is where the reacquisition of the Fox properties come in to play. Thank you God, for X-Men & F4, returning home. Captain Marvel & Spider-Man will bridge the gap just long enough for those "Unnamed Projects" to be turned to new reboots of both franchises. And baby I'm sooooo excited to see what Marvel Studios does with these guys. I expect their versions of Apocalypse and Doctor Doom to wipe the terrible taste of the last one out of our moth completely. As for what this will mean for the toy lines, we'll I expect that the be one part awesome and two part nefarious. First off I think this will free the Avengers based waves from movie figure hell. Meaning since Cap, IM & the Avengers still remain a major part of the Marvel brand, ML should still have waves based on them without the need for further actor figures & we start to get a lot of those comic figures we've so desperately been pining for, and maybe we will get all the comic versions of the newly restored Avengers that we most definitely need. How many of these waves a year they could squeeze in per year remains to be seen, though one comic Avengers wave & one each IM & Cap wave per year does not seem outta the question, similar to the one X-Men & 2 Deadpool we recieved this year. The Avengers & Captain America waves of the future could be what the X-Men & Deadpool waves are currently: pure comic figure nirvana. Basically, I see the Avengers & X-Men changing roles, tho it does give one pause that the Iron Man movie arch has been over for 5 years & we still haven't had a comic based wave yet, but maybe that has something to do with the actors movie contracts. Yes, that means the X-Men & F4 waves will all eventually be over run with MCU figures one day & though it will be bliss for MCU collectors who would love nothing more than to have all the repetetive actor figures their little hearts desire, us Comic figure fans will suffer for any crumbs they will throw at us. The bright side of that is it looks like the creative team is doing everything in its limited power to try & get us as many Comic based X-figures as possible before that happens. We've already gotten damn near perfect versions of the F4 and I'm almost certain a new Doctor Doom & Kang will follow the Super Skull sometime in the near future. So I'm keeping a positive outlook. This would be a subject I would like to touch apon at this year's SDCC, but alas, I fear this is something that's a few years off and though it would make perfect sense (in a sensible world) the suits at both Hasbro & Disney are as unpredictable as a Walking Dead season premiere. On other fronts, I think the 4 & 12 inch lines are toast. Initially I did not like the 4" line but as they got better I grew to like them & even tracked down all the older figs I missed. Best part about them: NO FREAKIN' MOVIE FIGURES! Ultmately, with the resources and focus on the reignition of the ML line the distribution & quality & articulation of the 4" line suffered & I don't foresee a full return to glory other than exclusives or special products similar to the Gamestop Rainbowpool set. Sad story. I really liked the assortments and the fact that they dared to let the worlds of the Avengers & X-Men intermingle. As far as the 12" I just think it never caught on. I think it was too much too fast. As much care as they put into detail, they ignored as much in scale. Deadpool was the same size as Spidey as Daredevil and some of the head sculpts were way too big. The only ones I ever bought were on clearance and from what I saw they all eventually ended up in clearance. Honestly, to be rid of them would take some burden off my wallet. As good and as large some of them were, that price point was a hell of a stretch for me.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE