SDCC 2014 Marvel Legends

tarot

No linking to other sites Marvelousnews or Enews will eventually reveal it.

Use this thread to discuss the new news we have recieved. I will also be updating the OP when a new piece is revealed.

what we know so far.

Marvel Legends collectors box set.

• Captain America (Marvel Now?)
  • Ms Marvel
  • Radioactive Man (same one as the cancelled Jubilee wave)

Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Unreleased Hawkeye
  • Unreleased Sentry
  • Unreleased Thor (Marvel Now)
  • Unreleased Iron Fist
  • Brand new Machine Man !!
  • Brand New Captain Marvel (Carol Danver - Marvel Now changable heads)
  • Brand New Scarlet Witch
  • BAF Odin!!!!!

New Spider-man wave

• Spider-girl (Mayday Parker)
  • Hobgoblin (Phil Urich)
  • Spider-man (classic)
  • Spider-man 2099!!!

Avengers wave 2

• Spider-woman / Hellcat!
  • Maria Hill (MOvie)
  • Nick Fury (Movie)
  • Coulson (movie/tv series)
  • BAF Thanos (Finally)

Guardians of the Galaxy 5 pack

• Starlord
  • Gamora
  • Drax
  • Groot
  • Rocket Racoon (im guessing?)

TBA

• Modern Gamora (probably in the second GOTG wave)
  • Magik
  • Dormammu (guessing it will be part of a Doctor strange wave?)

No linking to other sites Marvelousnews or Enews will eventually reveal it.

Use this thread to discuss the new news we have recieved. I will also be updating the OP when a new piece is revealed.

what we know so far.

Marvel Legends collectors box set.

• Captain America (Marvel Now?)
  • Ms Marvel
  • Radioactive Man (same one as the cancelled Jubilee wave)

Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Unreleased Hawkeye
  • Unreleased Sentry
  • Unreleased Thor (Marvel Now)
  • Brand new Machine Man !!
  • Brand New Captain Marvel (Carol Danver - Marvel Now changable heads)
  • Brand New Scarlet Witch
  • BAF Odin!!!!!

New Spider-man wave revealed to be reveal on Friday.

👍

Super stoked for the Odin BAF, been waiting a long time for that one. Sentry and Scarlet Witch are definite standouts since they needed new figures badly. Not really excited about Machine Man, Hawkeye, or Thor. I'm perfectly fine with the old Toybiz Hawkeye and the Heroic Age Thor. And Captain Marvel, eh, I don't like the new comic or that look, much more excited for the three pack Ms. Marvel. The figures look great but like the Cap wave it just doesn't excite me, despite the killer BAF.

Any pics of Hawkeye?

it the exact same as the varaint one that wasn't release before (the rocket racoon Hawkeye variant) there should be a pic on this site somewhere. They must have took him out before the show.

With a new Spider-man wave, will we finally get a MJ? They don't have too many characters left that don't already have a better figure out there, going back to the Spider-man Legends

I hope not. I hope we get a Silver Sable (they have mention it before being a variant for Black Cat).You know someone that can fight.

My feeling of his wave is it is just to hold us until the Avengers wave comes out.

Super stoked for the Odin BAF, been waiting a long time for that one. Sentry and Scarlet Witch are definite standouts since they needed new figures badly. Not really excited about Machine Man, Hawkeye, or Thor. I'm perfectly fine with the old Toybiz Hawkeye and the Heroic Age Thor. And Captain Marvel, eh, I don't like the new comic or that look, much more excited for the three pack Ms. Marvel. The figures look great but like the Cap wave it just doesn't excite me, despite the killer BAF.

Not wanting to spark a fight or anything...but you folks do realize that your "old Toybiz" figures are getting close to being 10 years old right? There is a whole new world and generation of Marvel Legends collectors who don't care that you still have, in your own words, "old" figures. They jump at the chance for new Deadpools, Ms Marvels, Hawkeyes, Thors, Sentry, Black Cat, etc... w/o having to shell out big bucks for old/dated/ugly figures. There are also lots of collectors, like myself, who appreciated the updated figures and cashed in on all my "old" figures. Remakes of dated figures are always going to happen and are, in my opinion, welcome as long as some new characters like Radioactive Man, Machine Man, Cap Marvel, Stryfe, Odin, Jubilee, Rocket Raccoon... are always mixed in.

Any pics of Hawkeye?

it the exact same as the varaint one that wasn't release before (the rocket racoon Hawkeye variant) there should be a pic on this site somewhere. They must have took him out before the show.

With a new Spider-man wave, will we finally get a MJ? They don't have too many characters left that don't already have a better figure out there, going back to the Spider-man Legends

I hope not. I hope we get a Silver Sable (they have mention it before being a variant for Black Cat).You know someone that can fight.

My feeling of his wave is it is just to hold us until the Avengers wave comes out.

Got it, thanks. BTW I believe the Captain America figure in the Target 3 pack is Ultimate Captain America.

The figures that are being updated are done very well. I look at them compared to some of the older stuff and say wow. I have some of the older legends but not all of them. I also am a new age collector and who ever is made I will buy to make my collection whole. I'm really happy with what they are doing. Plus getting out these figures we never got the chance at because they were never released. I smell a MOE pack with Tigershark, Zero repack and maybe Blizzard? Or Bulldozer. Either way I'm very happy

Excellent showing so far! Great way to get out these released figures, and I'm glad it's still the company's priority.

The Carol Danvers love is AWESOME so far, and I'm glad that Moonstone mold isn't going to waste and is properly being used as a way to update the outdated Ms. Marvel figure from the old Giant-Man wave, and also give us the current version with her new costume and short hair.

Sentry, Hawkeye, and Thor, excellent.

Radioactive Man, wonderful.

Machine Man... who would have thought!!! Perfection! Hopefully multiple Avengers waves will mean that we will see at least one more obscure Avengers character per wave. Randoms like Dr. Druid, Demolition Man, Starfox, Crystal, Sersi. Characters we fans know but don't have that A-Lister buzz.

The multi-pack Captain America is a reissue of Ultimate Cap, BUT he's wearing Modern Hawkeye's little pouch sling, or whatever you want to call it, instead of the previously-worn brown vest. And we get an unmasked head, which, I guess we already had with Steve Rogers release, but at least you get a little difference from previous releases.

Scarlet Witch!!!!!!! THANK GOD, and she looks great. Looks like a lot of reuse of the Satana Judith Chambers parts, with maybe an updated upper torso, and of course a new cape and head sculpt. She looks stunning and the accessories are a great representation of her powers. I'm thrilled. They know what mistakes there still are to clean up and they're working hard to get them done.

ODIN! How can you go wrong?

Looking forward to the Spider-Man wave 1, and glad that such a vast resource will be ongoing in the release schedule. Hopefully first wave will give us some Silver Sable/Mary Jane appreciation. There aren't a lot of females that come to mind in the Spider-Man universe, unless you want to loop in Jessica Drew (also in need of a redo), and Julia Carpenter, but I consider them more Avengers than Spider-Man characters.

Can't wait to see Day 2 of SDCC!

That Spidey series looks awesome! Been waiting for a Spider-Girl (May Parker) for a long time, I can finally replace my custom. It would be so easy for Hasbro to make MJ a swap figure to Spider-Girl, still keeping my fingers crossed. Plus the new Hobgoblin looks cool, but the sleeper of the wave is that classic Spidey. The fact that he appears to be on a Superior Spidey mold makes him a definite contender for the definitive Spider-Man figure. Wish they had shown the entire wave, the suspense is killing me!

Odin should not b baf for avengers

yes he should. He is the Father of Thor, leader of Valkyrie(also father of her if she you look into her myth) and ally to the team on many occasion. why shouldn't he be?

as for the Spidey wave (by the way Spidey 2099 as also seen) I love that we now have Spider-girl and that new Hobgoblin looks sick (I wonder if the swap would be his Green Goblin hero version). Finally a new 2099 figure. as for the Classic ...............eh space filler.

Not wanting to spark a fight or anything...but you folks do realize that your "old Toybiz" figures are getting close to being 10 years old right? There is a whole new world and generation of Marvel Legends collectors who don't care that you still have, in your own words, "old" figures. They jump at the chance for new Deadpools, Ms Marvels, Hawkeyes, Thors, Sentry, Black Cat, etc... w/o having to shell out big bucks for old/dated/ugly figures. There are also lots of collectors, like myself, who appreciated the updated figures and cashed in on all my "old" figures. Remakes of dated figures are always going to happen and are, in my opinion, welcome as long as some new characters like Radioactive Man, Machine Man, Cap Marvel, Stryfe, Odin, Jubilee, Rocket Raccoon... are always mixed in.

Sure and that's your opinion. For people waiting for that Hawkeye since the Rocket wave I'm glad they might finally have a shot. Other than that tough, the other figures I mentioned are practically a straight re-release of other RoML figures. The Marvel Now Thor is very close to the Heroic Age Thor released only a couple years back, and having a new (and sorely needed) Ms. Marvel released/teased at the same time as a Captain Marvel (also Carol) is sort of overkill, when another figure could be in that slot. Believe me it's not just new collectors that appreciate re-dos I've swapped out quite a few of the as you say "old/dated/ugly figures" for superior new ones when they show up. But I suppose the bottom line is that I'm not saying these are bad figures, they simply don't excite me. I hope other collectors really want them because that's the only way the line survives. But hey whatever.

I am responding from the San Diego comic con and wow am I excited about all the things unveiled these last couple days. If anyone has a question they'd like asked of the Hasbro team let me know. I just wanted to say that the Hobgoblin BAF wave will include 6 figures. Some characters will tie into Marvel upcoming Spider Verse series .... I'm guessing an ultimates Gwen Stacy...

I did get my hasbrotoyshop loot by just showing up to booth. No crazy waiting in line. The new figures are boss! Especially the new target 3 pack exclusive with radioactive man and new ms marvel. Avengers wave is awesome. Also on display was the 3.75 inch unreleased fig of Emma Frost which should be coming in an upcoming wave.

you know they said there won't be any x-men theme wave anytime soon but people don't forget about the X-men who are Avengers

here's a list;

1. Scarlet Witch (started off as a X-men villians)

2. Quicksilver (same as sister)

3. Beast (first official team X-men Avenger)

4. Firestar (mutant and current teacher at Wolverine's school, started off as a Hellion member)

5. Havok (he lead a avenger team for frig shake)

6. Cannonball

7. Sunspot

8. Rogue (slot her missing figure into a wave)

9. Sunfire

10. X-23 member of avenger academy (i want to see some of them as well by the way)

and that is just the members never mind all the villians they have fought.