Store restock

Heisenberg

I have managed to get all the new X-Men Legends except that Storm still eludes me. Every single figure at my TRU has been bought do you think they will get another shipment in? If so how soon? I live in Myrtle Beach so its a pretty decent sized city. I assume the price for Storm online will go down as more stores around the country get these figures?

I am way more into Marvel Universe in general but I have to say Legends has been doing really well of late. Its as if they took all focus off of MU to make Legends their thing. Carnage and Spiderman were nice from the last wave but the X-Men wave is awesome. Once I saw Scarlet Witch and Magik were being made I knew I had to expand my collection some.

I'm pretty sure it depends on the location and their traffic. I have three TRUs in my city and they all have different stocking schedules as outlined by head office. Best to call each location and map when to make calls and visits. E.g. location A has deliveries Thursdays an processing dated Friday or Saturday... Location B has deliveries Mon and wed, processing on Tues and Thurs... Etc.

I must say though, customer service in all the TRUs in my area are all bad. Lol.

PS. I don't think it was necessary to start a new topic on the xmen legends, no? There's the main sightings topic, and then two slash three more XML topics apart from this. Regardless, good luck!!

I'm pretty sure it depends on the location and their traffic. I have three TRUs in my city and they all have different stocking schedules as outlined by head office. Best to call each location and map when to make calls and visits. E.g. location A has deliveries Thursdays an processing dated Friday or Saturday... Location B has deliveries Mon and wed, processing on Tues and Thurs... Etc.

I must say though, customer service in all the TRUs in my area are all bad. Lol.

PS. I don't think it was necessary to start a new topic on the xmen legends, no? There's the main sightings topic, and then two slash three more XML topics apart from this. Regardless, good luck!!

I am sorry I didn't know those topics had information on how often stores restock. My store already had them but I am really new to this and was curious how often most people check their TRU to see if they can find the hard to find figures. Plus, to be honest i didn't even think about it because its not like this forum is crawling with new topics. I sometimes see the sight go days with a new topic. Maybe the Legends has a little more traffic. Lastly, I kinda wanted to actually converse with people on this topic. I have made alot of good friends on the MU board actually. Anyway, haha you actually gave me pretty good information I apperciate it.

I guess my real question is how often do you stop by a store if your looking for a figure? I have been basically going every other day. I really want Storm so I can finish my first Marvel Legends wave.

That really all depends on each store's processing dates. They get delivery x amount of times each week, but how many employees are actually willing to scour through the boxes and boxes of toys just to get one person what they want on the day their delivery just arrived when their stock room is a mess? I've tried that tactic numerous times,never worked. But as I said, the TRUs in my area are horrid at customer service.

So I usually go with their processing dates. I often call first... No point in wasting traveling money. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't cuz it doesn't matter how specific you are, the service rep may just never know what you are talking about. Still, unless a tru is within walking distance, if you check everyday you might find, if added all up, gas slash transit money might pile up to the point where you're paying more money than if you were to get the product on eBay.

They suck at my TRU as well. They are shady as well. I told the woman I didn't want the "protection coverage" and she wouldn't stop bothering me, and I understand its just sales as I have to do it myself but she just wouldn't shut up. So, to shut her up I said "fine just on Magneto but only him". I look at my receipt later and she charged me for all of them.

There is good news though. My ex-girlfriend knew I was looking for Storm and picked her up for me at TRU in Maine where I used to live. They had the entire wave there. So, happy I don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get her.

So nice when a girlfriend gets you what you're looking for. But it boggles my mind how non-collectors are so lucky to find things when we devoted collectors trudge the aisles almost daily trying to find things and never do. Geez!

Storm figure's awesome, isn't she!

It is! The funny thing is..... my EX girlfriend got me the hardest to find X-Man. Its in the mail and should be here by Friday. I told her to go back and grab me Magneto because I know people who want him. I guess in Maine there are not that many collectors.

I know what you mean about the scalpers always beating us to the punch. Something really needs to be done about them. They had TONS of classic TMNT figures so I thought I could just go back later but almost all of them were gone after 1-2 days. I am positive most of those were bought by people who want to over charge for them online. I am just lucky because I work in retail, right next to a TRU and I am friends with a guy who owns a comic shop. He is going to order the line for me because I didn't think I would get Storm so soon. I am hoping I can just trade them. If not I might try and make some customs.