4 Waves a Year for X-Men Infinite Series... Let's Plan 'Em!

DSmith

I'm a dreamer. I would be SO thrilled if we had Avengers, X-Men, and Spider-Man lines running at the same time throughout the year. They're the tentpoles of the Marvel Universe (plus Fantastic Four, but man, have they lost their luster), and their movie franchises are hotter than ever, only expanding more and more as the years go on.

So because I LOVE wish lists, surprise, surprise, I figured it could be fun to plan waves for 2015, four waves a year per line, planning three swaps per wave (like Infinite Spider-Man wave had), remakes, fresh characters, etc. I kept it all comic-based, since the next X-Men movie isn't until 2016. But I still had trouble packing all the characters I wanted into the waves. Still missing some! I also planned which figures wouldn't contain BAF parts based on what Hasbro probably think wouldn't need them to sell and also how many parts the BAF would need to be broken up into. Also, following along the lines of Arnim Zola and the upcoming Thor/Odin variant BAFs, I created a BAF and an alternate BAF for each wave! This brings the total of characters per wave to 11 characters! Feel free to jump in. Here I go...

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 1 (Dec 2014/Jan 2015)

Polaris (modern) / Storm (1st appearance) (swap) (contains BAF torsos)

Havok (modern) / Iceman (remake) (swap) (contains BAF arms)

Quicksilver (classic remake) / Avalanche (swap) (contains BAF legs)

Silver Samurai (contains BAF head)

Wolverine (patch) (no BAF parts)

Archangel (metal wings, blue face/long hair, blue/white "halo" logo costume, no BAF parts)

BAF: Strong Guy (X-Factor costume)

Alternate BAF (packaged with swap figures): Strong Guy (black t-shirt & jeans) (common parts packaged with non-swap figures)

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 2 (March/April 2015)

Rogue (modern, unreleased) / Aurora (swap) (contains BAF torsos)

Shatterstar / Multiple Man (swap) (contains BAF heads)

Northstar / Shaman (swap) (contains BAF legs)

Gambit (remake) (contains BAF arms)

Sabretooth (Jim Lee remake) (no BAF parts)

Angel (articulated feather wings, flesh-tone face/long hair, red/white "halo" logo costume, no BAF parts) (wings & head swappable with prior wave Warren Worthington)

BAF: Colossus (Jim Lee remake)

Alternate BAF (packaged with swap figures): Cyber (some parts common with Colossus are packaged with non-swap figures)

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 3 (June/July 2015)

Lilandra / Callisto (swap) (contains BAF torsos and heads)

Nightcrawler (classic remake) / AOA Nightcrawler (swap) (contains BAF legs)

Toad (remake) / Namor (Dark X-Men) (swap) (contains BAF arms)

Cable (modern) (no BAF parts)

Mimic (Dark X-Men) (no BAF parts)

Cyttorak Colossus (no BAF parts)

BAF: Beast (Jim Lee remake, better articulation)

Alternate BAF (packaged with swap figures): AOA/Dark Beast

SDCC Exclusive New Mutants Boxed Set: July 2015

Moonstar (unreleased)

Magma (translucent plastic painted like her powered-up "lava lines")

Sunspot

Cannonball (detachable at waist with alternate "blast-off" base)

Warlock

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 4 (September/October 2015)

Rogue (Jim Lee remake) / Mystique (classic white dress remake) (swap) (contains BAF torsos)

Cyclops (Jim Lee remake) / Corsair (swap) (contains BAF legs and heads)

Guardian (remake) / Captain Britain (remake) (swap) (contains BAF arms)

Sunfire (classic, alternate masked and unmasked heads, flame attachments) (no BAF parts)

Sauron (no BAF parts)

Professor X (hoverchair) (no BAF parts)

BAF: Blink

Alternate BAF (packaged with swap figures): Wolfsbane

sorry but unless Marvel get back the movie rights to them, X-men wave will more then likely be exclusives.

I don't get that. They can still profit by the work done by Fox. I assume they hope that Fox does not keep them and think not making figures will help?

Good list by the way. I would love to have those waves.

I would make a few changes though (obviously everyone is different) I would like to see Quinton Quire, Death Gambit, Domino an Uncanny X-Men Emma Frost. I do like alot of your list though.

Can't get enough of X-Men either. I've done something like this before in some capacity, but what the hey? Here's my wishlist (more thematically organized), in order of want. Ideally, I'd like them all, but that is but a dreamer's wish. Especially with the hordes of female characters in the X-Men universe.

On a minor side note, Dsmith, I approve of your New Mutants lineup heeheehee.

Alpha Flight Series- Snowbird Bear/Wolverine Swap BAF

• Wolverine
  • Guardian (upper torso)
  • Shaman (lower torso)
  • Northern Knockouts- Snowbird/Vindicator (Heather Hudson) [with head and tail swaps]
  • Les Jumeaux Canadiens- Northstar/Aurora (with limb swaps)

All classic AF outfits. Then again, most of them retain their outfits anyway more or less. I really liked the idea of swappable BAFs, so for this one, I thought a bear/wolverine swap that Snowbird can morph into would look cool. Yeah yeah, wolverines are generally a lot smaller then bears, but this is Snowbird we're talking about. If she can morph into a giant owl, why not a larger wolverine?

Modern Series- Colossus (Juggernaut) BAF

• Hellion
  • Doctor Nemesis
  • Namor (Marvel Now)
  • Stepford Cuckoos (army builder)
  • Ladies of Legacy- Rogue (unreleased)/Frenzy
  • Muslim X-Men- Dust/Monet St. Croix

A female heavy line with no heavy headliners... but surely with a badass looking Colossus BAF, people would still flock to get this set right? LOL, suureee.

Hellfire Club Series- Selene/Tessa Swap BAF

• Magneto (Marvel Now)
  • Sebastian Shaw
  • Mastermind
  • Hellfire Club Footman (army builder)
  • The Bishops from Hell- Harry Leland/Donald Pierce (with head swaps)
  • Mistresses of the Mind- Emma Frost (Marvel Now)/Cassandra Nova (with accessory swaps; maybe Tessa's cape has a bluer shade)

Love this set. It's like everything one would want for a Hellfire Club set. You get all the core members, a couple of Marvel Now outfits to pose with Cyclops MN, AND you get Selene and Tessa as BAFs. They have such similar outfits, you probably only need a head swap.

X-Factor Series- Wolfsbane/Rahne Swap BAF

• Havok (with torso)
  • Multiple Man (army builder)
  • Strong Guy (w/ Hell Lord variant) [with head swaps]
  • Luckless Lovers- Shatterstar/Rictor (with forearm or hand swaps)
  • Femme Factors- Polaris/Boom Boom (with foreleg or feet swaps)

Ideally, I'd love to have all wearing modern outfits. The yellow/blue X-Factor motifs are kinda bland to me. Strong Guy can have a standard modern outfit (black shirt, https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/1732856.jpg) and a Hell Lord variant. Wolfsbane can have a human form (maybe X-Force? That was my fave outfit of hers) with swappable head/limbs/hands/feet.

Classic Series- Sauron/Karl Lykos Swap BAF

• Cyclops (classic principal blue & yellow boots remake) [sauron's shorts]
  • Clash of Kin- Rogue (Jim Lee)/ Mystique (classic white qi pao dress) [human/pteranodon left arms]
  • Golden X-Men- Sunfire/Thunderbird [human + pteranodon heads]
  • The Brotherhood- Avalanche/Destiny [human/pteranodon right arms]
  • Forces of Radiance- Storm (First Appearance)/Dazzler (First Appearance) [human/pteranodon legs]

Oooh I like this. All the classic outfits in my list that need to be a)remade or b)done period.

Morlock Massacre Series- Callisto Swap BAF

• Gambit [torso]
  • Caliban [head + Morlock staff]
  • Leech [legs]
  • Malignant Maurauders- Scalphunter/Harpoon [left arm/left tentacles]
  • Malicious Marauders- Arclight/Vertigo [right arm/right tentacles]
  • Bonus- Angel with bloody wings. Hehehe, way cool.

Eeeeh. The more I get into doing these wishlists, the more I get excited. I know they have little chance of getting done, but still!

Villains Wave- Proteus/Shadow King Swap BAF

• Silver Samurai
  • Bastion
  • Arcade
  • Toad
  • Lady Deathstrike

Well I'm spent. Not really sure how to make the swaps work here, but I'm sure I could think of something. But, it's almost time to wind down.

Welp, I had fun.

Vicious_maturity! There are SO MANY damn characters that I think we NEED an X-Men line in our life to get them all covered. It's just so much.

I like a lot of what you did there. Glad you're on the swap BAF bandwagon. I like trying to figure out what could be shared parts and what would fit in a package with what figure, etc. LOL.

I'm glad you were able to get certain characters out that I couldn't fit, like Selene, the entire Hellfire Club, Rictor, Boom Boom, Thunderbird, Dazzler, Destiny, Mastermind, Hellfire Club Soldier, Snowbird, Vindicator, Arcade, some Marauders, and complete teams with nearly every wave. I had tried mixing things up to balance more "marketable" heavy hitters to anchor each wave, and limit the females to one set of swaps per wave. But I'm sure you could tell that already and I admire your nerve in not bothering to adhere to that, LOL. Neither of us were able to get Magik into a wave, but she was announced by Hasbro already, so I wasn't going to stress about it.

I also like that you used the swap BAF to get out two versions of characters like Wolfsbane, Sauron, and Callisto. Creative! I personally wouldn't want a Karl Lykos figure, not much to display, he wouldn't be too different from what we got in Ka-Zar.

Morlocks! I was only able to squeeze Callisto into my waves, but she really does need the Morlocks around her. I figured they were so "past tense" they'd be difficult to get released, but I'd want more than the ones you listed. I need Callisto, Sunder, Annalee, Tommy (would be interested to see how they do a two-dimensional figure... bendy wires in a nearly flat plastic frame? What about the feet?), Leech, Tar Baby, Erg, Masque, Capitan, Thornn... I mean the list goes on! Wasn't too jazzed about tentacles on Callisto, but the more I think about it, she'd make a hell of a display piece that way! I would probably need an SDCC set of them, a huge monster set like the DCUC Legion of Superheroes boxed set from a couple of years back that had like 12 figures in it. Box folds out into a sewer or a subway tunnel diorama?

I also would want a set of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard to back up Gladiator. And a Deathbird, who didn't make it into either of our waves, but that would likely need a huge boxed set also, and I doubt Hasbro would invest in all those peripheral characters. Such a shame! And ironic, since so many of the Imperial Guard characters are copies of the DC Legion of Superheroes team.

Love your lists, maybe I'll circle back around and keep this going...

Morlocks! I was only able to squeeze Callisto into my waves, but she really does need the Morlocks around her. I figured they were so "past tense" they'd be difficult to get released, but I'd want more than the ones you listed. I need Callisto, Sunder, Annalee, Tommy (would be interested to see how they do a two-dimensional figure... bendy wires in a nearly flat plastic frame? What about the feet?), Leech, Tar Baby, Erg, Masque, Capitan, Thornn... I mean the list goes on! Wasn't too jazzed about tentacles on Callisto, but the more I think about it, she'd make a hell of a display piece that way! I would probably need an SDCC set of them, a huge monster set like the DCUC Legion of Superheroes boxed set from a couple of years back that had like 12 figures in it. Box folds out into a sewer or a subway tunnel diorama?

I also would want a set of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard to back up Gladiator. And a Deathbird, who didn't make it into either of our waves, but that would likely need a huge boxed set also, and I doubt Hasbro would invest in all those peripheral characters. Such a shame! And ironic, since so many of the Imperial Guard characters are copies of the DC Legion of Superheroes team.

Morlocks army!!! Ugh... Glenn Webmann made customs of most of the morlocks. They were sooo rad. I think for me, Callisto, Annallee, Leech, Ape, Masque, Marrow, Tommy, Sunder, and Erg would be enough (lol!! Enough? Try impossible). But there was another custom maker who did one of Beautiful Dreamer prior to her joining the X-Men and it looked sooo awesome, that I thought, why not throw her into the Morlocks army too?

Trust me, I crave for some Shi'Ar... Deathbird, Lilandra, and possibly Deathcry the most. Of course, the actual Imperial Guard can be thrown in too- Hussar, Manta, Warstar, Earthquake, Flashfire, Oracle, and all the rest... but they're equally as implausible as the Morlocks, haha. I didn't include them because I figured I already had 7 waves. Best to save some for the GotG waves. hehehehe

Sorry bro, you can never have enough xmen. What do you want more iron mans or more Spiderman? Tired of that! Fall back, I think he had good lists.

Oh, snap, you're right! We DEFINITELY need more Wolverines, Cyclops's (sp???), Colossuses (Colossai?), et al. ...they're SO interesting!

Oh, wait...no they're not interesting at all. Ruling stands: NO MORE X-MEN. BO-RING.

Apocalypse and end it. The rest are a waste of time. One must be a complete spacker to value X-Men over the rest of the MU...

LOL really?

Multiple releases of the same character are a necessary evil in the toy business. That said, I'm just gonna put out some math for the sake of argument. Of the 50 figures I suggested in my initial post, 23 of them were completely new and as-yet unreleased characters (nearly half), 11 were different versions of characters we've already had released, and 15 were straight up remakes of what was done before to account for advances in sculpt, scale, and aesthetic since the original releases.

For vicious_maturity, of the 66 figures he listed, there were 45 brand new characters, 10 were different versions of characters already seen, 6 were different versions of characters he introduced, and 8 were straight up remakes (I'm assuming, since he didn't specify a different costume from previous releases, or the specified costume was released already). Well my math adds up to 69, but I don't know where I screwed that up.

Hardly just a bunch of Wolverines.

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 5 (Jan/Feb 2016) (Powerful and Deadly Mutant Villains)

Sebastian Shaw / Donald Pierce (swap)

Mastermind / Inner Circle Soldier (swap)

Selene / Tessa (swap)

Trevor Fitzroy (includes Bantam; contains Harry Leland arms)

Legion (contains Harry Leland legs)

Deathbird (contains Harry Leland head & torso)

BAF: Harry Leland

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 6 (April/May 2016) (Mutants In The Shadows)

Marrow / Annalee (swap)

Tar Baby / Masque (swap)

Ape / Erg (swap)

Caliban (includes Leech)

Wolverine (Fang costume) (with 2-dimensional Tommy)

Sugar Man

BAF: Sunder

SDCC Exclusive Boxed Set (July 2016) (Mutant Outcasts? Fan-Favorite Mutants? At least this fan, lol... I just put everyone I couldn't find a home for in a wave)

Rictor

Feral

Random

Chamber

Arcade

Phantazia (floating head and cape won't take up much room in the package)

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 7 (July/August 2016) (Mutants Out Of Time)

Shard / Rachel Grey (in red spiky hound costume) (swap)

Longshot (remake) / Nate Grey (swap)

Morph (Exiles) / Morph (90s X-Men Cartoon) (swap)

Magik (includes Gateway)

Deathlok (X-Force)

Thunderbird (Giant-Size X-Men #1)

BAF: Nimrod
Alternate BAF: High Evolutionary

X-Men Infinite Series Wave 8 (October/November 2016) (The Ladies of X)

Snowbird / Vindicator (swap) (each contains torso & legs with a different color highlight for a different Stepford Cuckoo)

Monet / Siryn (swap) (Monet comes with another torso with a different color highlight for third Stepford Cuckoo; Siryn comes with 3 different heads with differing facial expressions)

Arclight / Vertigo (swap) (each contains 3 BAF arms: Arclight with two lefts and one right, Vertigo with two rights and one left, all have different sculpted hands attached)

Dazzler (1st appearance "disco") / Dazzler (80s blue leotard or 90s navy jacket over white tank and blue pants) (swap) (each contains left or right upper body armor)

Psylocke (repaint of the SDCC X-Force version in her classic blue color with pink sash) / Destiny (swap) (each contains left or right lower body armor)

Storm (80s leather & Mohawk) / Boom Boom (swap) (Storm contains Armor's arms, head and "head armor") (Boom Boom contains Armor's torso and legs)

BAF: Stepford Cuckoos (Celeste, Mindee, Phoebe, in costumes distinguished by blue, green, and red highlights)
Alternate BAF: Armor and her "armor"

Note: Snowbird, Vindicator, Monet, Siryn, Arclight and Vertigo complete ALL three Stepford Cuckoos. Both Dazzlers, Psylocke, Destiny, Storm, and Boom Boom would complete Armor and her armor.

(This actually releases 16 female figures in one wave! I mean DAMN! I would DIE and go to heaven if this would EVER actually happen)

The female legion of figurines... Orgasmed.

But no dust? Take out Siryn and replace her with Dust!!

As far as the staple teenage female, I think I'd prefer Pixie over Armor.

Rachel hound... Easily my fave Rachel costume. I read the DoFP saga and the aftermath like... Maybe 5 years ago? When Rachel came in, I found her a much more interesting addition than kitty.

Psylocke is easily my fave X-woman and although her 80s outfit isn't the most popular, I'd love to see that in figure form. My birthday ice cream cake was custom made two years ago to include Psylocke in that pink outfit hehehe.

LOL!

I like the idea of Dust, visually striking character, but I have more of an actual sentimental connection to the Siryn character. Also would possibly want to make Dust a BAF, to be able to incorporate her power into the look of the figure and have some kind of dust cloud base. Just couldn't figure out how that would need to be constructed, so I left that for the 2017 list, haha... Besides, we're gonna have Madrox, Rahne, Strong Guy, Monet, Rictor, Shatterstar... and no Siryn? That's not fair to X-Factor Investigations. Not fair at all.

I think Armor would have a lot more going for her visually than Pixie. I haven't read the books featuring either character, but you get this big clip-on Armor beast that envelops Armor, instead of just a girl with pink butterfly wings. So much more imposing on display!

I considered a Revanche figure as Psylocke's swap, which could have been that classic costume (which Revanche débuted wearing) or the later leotard she wore before she died, but I needed to have a Destiny figure so I scrapped 80s Psylocke. Sorry man. I also considered the black/green leotard look from Rogue's 80s closet, but just didn't have room for her! You have a vote on the second Dazzler figure? 80s or 90s look? I think 90s would fit better with Longshot and the Mojo crew, but the 80s look kinda completes that arcade video game team and the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon pilot team. So torn, but I'd be happy to have either one. The disco version could be a straight repaint of the Black Widow body, though. Come to think of it, so could Monet.

And not that we're competing, but I think I outdid you with Stepford Cuckoo build-a-figures that come in three different costume colors to differentiate them. I just read on Wikipedia that Mindee dyed her hair brown and cut it short... two alternate heads for Mindee?

I did kinda lose my mind on the all-female wave, but seeing Hasbro package almost the entire Jubilee body in with this recent wave's Marvel NOW Storm, that just gave me license to pack a whole bunch of bodies in with the all-ladies wave. Think of the value in buying both cases of that wave... 16 characters... in essentially 16 packages?