Diorama info and help

Dane

Something you can do to make a diorama, is to put together numerous "mini-dioramas" and bases which came with different action figures.

Some of the Toy Biz figures came with really cool mini-dioramas. One of the bests, I think, is this one, from the first Spider-Man movie (you can find it on Amazon here):

41PCDEXMPML._SY300_.jpg

There's also this Spider-Man Classics Series 6 Daredevil with a building ledge (on Amazon here):

sm6_daredevil8.jpg

There's also this rather sweet Web Trap Spider-Man which comes with a streetlight (on Amazon here):

412SXF84Q5L.jpg

A Battle Ravaged Green Goblin came with this window (on Amazon here):

GreenGoblinBattleRavaged-Toybiz.jpg

There was also a Super Poseable Spider-Man with a billboard:

517X4NNT9YL._SX450_.jpg

A Classic Spider-Man Series II action figure also came with a Daily Bugle billboard (on Amazon here):

510F2XY1NQL._SY450_.jpg

The Marvel Select Spider-Man comes with a broken car (the figure is obviously out of scale with Marvel Legends, but the car fits, I think) (on Amazon here):

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Marvel-Select-01.

There's also this Spider-Man from Hasbro's Spider-Man Trilogy series:

41bqzpO9omL.jpg

Toy Biz even released a Spider-Man Alleyway Playset (on Amazon here):

51M8XPM4RWL.jpg

This Shoot and Slide Spider-Man comes with another billboard (on Amazon here):

41AV5QS5KDL.jpg

A Battle Damaged Spider-Man comes with a debris-and-rubble base:

51Z358SZ5FL._SX425_.jpg

Here we have more boxes and a streetlight (on Amazon here):

flipnswingspiderman.jpg

Here we have a Spider-Man from the first movie with a dumpster and a trashcan (both which are part of the Alleyway playset) (on Amazon here):

414WF4WXEHL.jpg

This Marvel Legends Series 8 Modern Iron Man comes with a base with defeated Ultron drones:

052_im_modern.jpg

This Magneto action figure comes with a broken subway base (on Amazon here):

41TGR46A7TL._SX425_.jpg

This X2 Claw Strike Wolverine comes with a Weapon X facility base (which could be used as a sewer base) (on Amazon here):

X2_Figures_Wolverine.jpg

Marvel Legends Series 4 Punisher comes with a balcony (on Amazon here):

41SY7V6J43L.jpg

And now the extra and background characters. You can't just have your heroes fighting villains without some cops trying to back up, or some civilians caught in the middle of the battle:

This X-Men movie Sabretooth comes with a cop (on Amazon here):

15.jpg

This Web-Trap Spider-Man comes with a hallow small-time crook with no articulation (on Amazon here):

TBZ-SPDCLS14-72172.jpg

There are a lot of figures from even other fanchises which can be really useful for normal citizens:

Like Agent Mulder (on Amazon here):

51DTIFmwNOL._SY450_.jpg

Ghostbuster action figures also work (on Amazon here):

41kAARPCk1L.jpg

And also Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures, like these ones (on Amazon here):

61lXISp+czL._SL256_.jpg

There are A LOT of Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figures which can be used as normal citizens in dioramas. A LOT.

Finally (probably not finally). Most of these ideas I'm giving you I took them from x66. Who was an user here, and has posted some cool images of his diorama in this forum (but hasn't been active since 2012):

You can check his Photobucket album here. You'll see that in his Marvel city diorama, he uses a lot of the stuff I mentioned above. That's because x66 himself gave me some tips (like the hot dog stand being from WWE props, etc) when I had my mind set into making a diorama (never happened, I grew out of it). You'll see he uses Buffy action figures for citizens, as an example. His diorama is something to envy.

Here are some other textures:

Textures.png

As you could probably have seen, most of these textures were taken from the Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows games.

You can use some free-roam games to take some inspiration for your diorama, like the way some buildings are, or something like "destroyed" textures (textures for destroyed buildings or objects).