So is Hasbro just embarrassed by their earlier offerings?

DSmith

I was thinking about how many of the early characters released once Hasbro took over the Marvel Legends license have been redone already.

I still consider the Hasbro takeover a major benchmark in the Marvel Legends line, and then another with the "return of ML". But think about it:

Emma Frost (2006 / 2013)

She-Hulk/Red She-Hulk (body update) (2007 / 2013)

Astonishing Cyclops (2007 / 2013)

HYDRA Soldier (2007 / 2013)

Black Bolt (2009 / 2014)

Daredevil (2009 / 2015)

Punisher (2009 / 2012)

Nova (2009 / 2014)

Valkyrie (2010 / 2015)

Are there other remakes you feel might be necessary for releases from the "dark era" of Hasbro Marvel Legends (2006-2011)?

Haha... I put Banshee's head on the Forge/Wolverine 2pack Wolverine body, so Banshee doesn't bother me anymore.

My picks for desperate need of remaking:

Hercules (I prefer that green harness over the sash and skirt costume)

Yellowjacket

Namor

Silver Surfer

Cable

Cannonball

Domino

Black Knight

Absorbing Man

Elektra

Adam Warlock

Guardian

Vision

Tigra

Kree Soldier

Agreed> Hasbro took over and did what they could with what they had back then. We actually got some good figures and characters while they were doing retailer exclusives and 2 packs. The female mold they came up with for the 2 pack Elektra is the most versatile around until recently. We would still love to have Moonstar and Rogue. I give them credit for not just abandoning the line like Mattel. Even though alot of figures came from a regular GROUP of molds, some new some not. You never saw a guys like Reed or Spider Man on the same mold for Cap or Thor. With Mattel almost everyone looked like Supes dressed in cosplay. Just saying ease up on them. They're not perfect but they're listening now and trying hard. Marvel, and Transformers are 2 of the biggest properties in the world right now along with the kiddie lines. I'm actually surprised with all the collector oriented stuff coming out this year for those 2 lines. Good stuff! Feels like the 80s/early 90s again. I;ve gotta get another job or else I'll be broke this summer. lol.

Embarrassed? No, I don't think so, they're listening to us and trying to please the collectors. They realized that these figures weren't great and so they released new updated versions. I overall am happy with the updated ones, and there are some from the early years of hasbro that still sit on my shelf next to my favorite Toy Biz and RoML figures. For instance as a Ghost Rider fan I don't think Toy Biz ever got the character right, the hasbro movie GR is probably my favorite and will stand in until the next update and that figure is from 2006. Honestly Elektra, Black Knight, and Red Hulk among many others look fine.

Agreed> Hasbro took over and did what they could with what they had back then. We actually got some good figures and characters while they were doing retailer exclusives and 2 packs. The female mold they came up with for the 2 pack Elektra is the most versatile around until recently. We would still love to have Moonstar and Rogue. I give them credit for not just abandoning the line like Mattel. Even though alot of figures came from a regular GROUP of molds, some new some not. You never saw a guys like Reed or Spider Man on the same mold for Cap or Thor. With Mattel almost everyone looked like Supes dressed in cosplay. Just saying ease up on them. They're not perfect but they're listening now and trying hard. Marvel, and Transformers are 2 of the biggest properties in the world right now along with the kiddie lines. I'm actually surprised with all the collector oriented stuff coming out this year for those 2 lines. Good stuff! Feels like the 80s/early 90s again. I;ve gotta get another job or else I'll be broke this summer. lol.

I've actually be noticing the same body molds being reused quite a bit, lately. The Black Panther body is getting used more and more as the "go to" male body, and it's kind of bumming me out. This is exactly why I prefer the first Hasbro Daredevil to this new one that's being released.

I've actually be noticing the same body molds being reused quite a bit, lately. The Black Panther body is getting used more and more as the "go to" male body, and it's kind of bumming me out. This is exactly why I prefer the first Hasbro Daredevil to this new one that's being released.

Yeah I prefer that one too. I'm sure they're just doing it because of the new Netflix series coming in a couple of months. But yeah I was just saying by comparison it's not like the same one for every character. There's several that they'll reuse to match different body types not just one or two. Can't always say the same for the females but they do tend to look pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Emma Frost, X-treme Wolverine, Astonishing Cyclops, Bucky Barnes, 1st Appearance Cap were awful

I want an Alpha Flight box set - re-released Guardian figure.

I'd be mad if they repacked that Puck figure since I paid a pretty penny to get Emma from the Wolverine Legends wave

North Star & Aurora!

The new Magneto was crap IMO. Prefer Toy Biz X-Men Box Set Magneto.