Toyfair 2015 Legends Discussion

tarot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but he wear that costume before he got Cape back.

Yeah I know, I mentioned it. Still... I'd rather have a Modern Doctor Strange than Defenders' Doctor Strange, because back then he wasn't the Sorcerer Supreme.

I guess if I ever got the figure, I'd use a Cloak of Levitation I once got in a thrift market... It came with an Iron Man action figure from the '90s show.

LEGENDARY!!!

I'm just going to go straight through the list:

Spidey wave 3 - usually I cherry-pick this line, which I did for wave 1, and will for wave 2, but with the lean towards more supporting heroes and rogues gallery, I'm only skipping 2 figures from wave 3 (Ghost Rider and Superior Venom). They look great! They sound great!

Misty Knight - BLOWN AWAY that we're getting her, but thrilled. I was reading up on her and she has quite a long history and I love her roots in being inspired by Blaxploitation films of the 70s and her tumultuous history with Iron Fist. It makes me want a Colleen Wing figure, and from the picture I saw, that would be an easy figure to produce on the Black Widow/Mystique body mold.

White Tiger - She's been on so many wish lists I'm glad she made it, and the two females per wave new rule is making my dreams come true. She looks awesome! Is it the Spider-Girl smaller body mold?

Kraven - One Spider-Man villain who needed a redo, which looks GREAT, and I was interested to read that he and Chameleon were half-brothers and have a long history, which makes sense to tie them together in a wave.

Chameleon - One of the simplest and most clever ways to get a JJJ figure to market, I applaud them. With no pics I'm assuming it's either the new suit body mold (Agent Coulson), or a portion of it where he's wearing a vest but not a jacket, as if he removed the jacket. That would be an augmented look from Hammerhead's usual suit, but satisfy that image I have in my head of JJJ with his sleeves rolled up with a vest on and a red necktie. Thinking back to the old Chameleon figure of the Spidey cartoon from the 90s, where he also had an interchangeable JJJ head, it always killed me... why would JJJ wear that purple jumpsuit? LOL.

Scarlet Spider - WOW, LONG time coming, and long ago when they just printed the hoodie on the body, back in Spider-Man classics. Looks awesome, and a must-have...

Ant-Man wave 1 - really viewing this as a pure extension of the Avengers line, since it really is. Great villains, great heroes, great costumes!

Ant-Man (movie) - a given, but he is the only movie character from that movie released. Guess I'm not mad about it, but I also don't know what I'm missing since the movie isn't out yet.

Wasp - We did already see this character released, and in this costume, but I am glad we're getting a much better body mold, and hair sculpt... but I am wishing for a surprise costume variant on Wasp that we haven't seen yet.

Giant-Man - LOVE this costume, but isn't this kind of worthless without a larger-scale version in the same costume? For all that, I would have preferred a reproduction of the Wal-Mart Giant-Man costume in the 6 inch scale.

Bulldozer - PRAISE THE LORD.

Tiger Shark - AMEN.

Grim Reaper - looking forward to him! Glad ML is taking a page from MU in character selection and design.

Ultron BAF - Glad they're finding a way to release these movie characters without doing an entire movie wave.

Avengers wave 3 - The hits just keep on coming! As a kid growing up reading X-Men and Avengers comics, having the X-Men cartoon to watch and NOT having the same for the Avengers, having a toy line like this is what I always dreamed of. Getting two females, a relatively obscure Avenger, some A-Listers and some Villains... I'm gonna be broke.

Valkyrie - This redo was needed, first Valkyrie is sad compared to the women being released now.

Thundra - BAM! That's a woman! Looks great! She reminds me of a female Arkon. I wouldn't mind Arkon being released with Gilgamesh as a swap figure. I've gone off-topic, but Thundra is awesome.

Dr. Strange - This is SO needed, his original figure is lost in his damn cape. I am wondering if we will still get a cape for him, maybe it wasn't ready in time for photos.

Marvel NOW Iron Man - I'll pick it up. Cool...

War Machine - Found a spot for him, okay... Is this really movie, or is it a modern comic version?

Blizzard - More villains! I'm ready. I want a Whirlwind figure next!!!

Vision - I was JUST thinking I wanted this version of Vision. One fail for me is the cape. I liked the Sentry cape, where the top/neckline is painted on, but the actual cape just comes out of the back. This claw wrapped around his neckline looks really weird. That one thing is disappointing. But I feel like overall the design is a win. I would have liked open hands for more "floating" pose options, these fists imply Vision is a scrapper, which.... not so much.

Hulkbuster Iron Man (movie) BAF - I knew this would happen. How can you feature that armor in a movie and not make a toy? Picking that up for sure.

Multi-Packs:

Dr. Green / Vision (white) / Ultron (modern) - TARGET

Completely unfamiliar with this version of Hulk. This Ultron looks like a pure knock-off of Beetle, so that just cheapens it for me. It looks good, and accurate enough, but it looks cheap. But white Vision looks good. It looks like a transparent plastic with frosted paint apps, which is what I was hoping for with the modern Vision in the Avengers wave 3. Again, that weird cape is killing me, but I'll overlook it. This is nearly completing my 90s Avengers team, but still missing Crystal, Sersi, and the Eric Masterson Thor.

Movie Thor / Black Widow / Hawkeye / Bruce Banner - AMAZON

I'm glad that these are being offered, but Hawkeye doesn't look updated. Isn't the new movie featuring some kind of long tunic costume? This looks like a straight repaint without the SHIELD logos and without the glasses of the first Movie Hawkeye. I welcome Bruce Banner's figure, and realize this was the only way we'd get this figure.

But can we get a Movie Quicksilver, Movie Scarlet Witch, and Movie Vision??? That's what's missing!!!

War Machine - Found a spot for him, okay... Is this really movie, or is it a modern comic version?

I'm glad that these are being offered, but Hawkeye doesn't look updated. Isn't the new movie featuring some kind of long tunic costume? This looks like a straight repaint without the SHIELD logos and without the glasses of the first Movie Hawkeye. I welcome Bruce Banner's figure, and realize this was the only way we'd get this figure.

It's a movie version. It's basically the Iron Patriot armor from the movie before they rebranded it. This War Machine Armor appeared in the Iron Man 3: Prelude tie-in comic, Iron Man: Coming of the Melter and is set to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron (as evidenced by toys, and the extended trailer, because it can be seen the armor gauntlet Rhodey uses to pull up Mjolnir is black, like War Machine and not Iron Patriot). However, you can also use it as a comic War Machine, because that's how it currently looks like in the comics. Because its comic version is used by an army of War Machine Drones controlled remotelly by Rhodey, you can even build an army of them.

In Age of Ultron, Hawkeye will have two costumes. At the beginning of the movie, one which is his S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform without the logo (you can see it in the trailers and set photos), and then the tunic uniform.

I found wave 1 locally at the end of January, all orders were already processed from Robot kingdom in January.

BBTS didn't even get the Guardians wave until late fall.

Preordering from Robotkingdom at least means getting them when they are scheduled to release as opposed to months later.

Thanos and Hulkbuster wave will be PO at Robotkingdom - sucks paying $20 more for shipping but at least they arrive on schedule.

My only problem with these waves is that I can't afford to get all those figures for those awesome BAFs

Same Here........

I want to grab wave 3 of Spiderman so I can do the Rhino figure and also wave 3 of Avengers. I may have to settle for Chameleon and Scarlet Spider with Kraven and Vision being maybes. Dr. Strange, Valkryie, and War Machine I would love to have but have to pass due to money.

Robotkingdom already has Wave 3 up for preorders

Got my wave 2 & 3 preorders secured

Case breakdown

AVN MARVELS DEFENDERS X 1

AVN MARVELS BLIZZARD X 1

AVN EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES X 1

AVN MARVEL NOW IRON MAN X 1

AVN MARVELS WAR MACHINE X 2

So are Thundra and Valkerie the defenders and Dr Strange and Vision are the Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

Robotkingdom already has Wave 3 up for preorders

Got my wave 2 & 3 preorders secured

Case breakdown

AVN MARVELS BLIZZARD X 1

AVN MARVEL NOW IRON MAN X 1

AVN MARVELS WAR MACHINE X 2

So are Thundra and Valkerie the defenders and Dr Strange and Vision are the Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

I'd like to say that's it Dr. Strange and Valkyrie should be the defenders and Vision and Thundra would be the EMH but you are probably right,

"When the New Mutants were attacked by Freedom Force Dr. Strange teleported the remaining New Mutants to Asgard. Moonstar fell under the sway of Hela and nearly killed Odin. Hela was defeated by the combined forces of the New Mutants and the Asgardians, and the New Mutants were returned to Earth; all except Moonstar who chose to stay behind, hoping to repair the damage as a Valkyrie."

She was apart of the Fearless Defenders.