Ideal Dr. Strange, Captain America, Avenger 4 and Spidey 4 waves

tarot

Next year we will be getting Dr. Strange and Captain America: Civil War movies and we also have half a year left so I am hoping we will we will get a fourth wave of Avengers. It also seem that Spidey legends seem to be a gold mine for Hasbro so I think they will release another few waves in they future. (also yes F4 this, Deadpool, Gambit and X-men are out soon but lets face it the whole Fox Vs Marvel make the likely of getting a non Exclusive series very very low).

So what will be your ideal selection for those movies?

Dr. Strange:

• Dr. Strange (classic comic, updated)
  • Dr. Strange (movie)
  • Magik / Clea (swap, "Supreme Sorceresses")
  • Baron Mordo / Nightmare (swap, "Despots of the Dark Dimensions")
  • Brother Voodoo
  • Blade
  • BAF - Dormammu

Captain America:Civil War

• Captain America ( New Movie) - come we know it's happening
  • Main Villian of Movie
  • Sharon Carter (White Suit new body) / Mockingbird (Modern) - Blonde Phantoms
  • Red Guardian
  • Scourge
  • Sam Wilson's Captain America
  • BAF:Armadillo (Using the New Rhino build, they could use it for this.)

Avengers Wave 4

• Moonstone(retail release) and Songbird - Thunderbolts
  • Quicksilver (Movie)
  • Superior Iron Man
  • Darkhawk / Justice - New Warriors
  • Thunderstrike
  • BAF:Attuma (Major villian in the cartoon with still no figure)

Spider-man wave 4

Each figure not only come with a bigger piece but also with a small non-moving piece of a mini baf.

• Spider-man Noir
  • Kaine (classic)
  • Colleen Wing / Silver Sable - Heroes for Hire
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Power Man
  • Electro / Mysterio (new sculpt)
  • BAF: Man-Spider and Spider-ham

Fantastic Four Legends Wave 1

-Mr. Fantastic (Future Foundation, includes Franklin Richards)

-Invisible Woman (Future Foundation, includes Valeria Richards)

-Dr. Doom (Future Foundation, includes H.E.R.B.I.E.)

-Silver Surfer (includes Leech and Artie)

-Namor (Marvel NOW!) / Human Torch (Future Foundation) (swap, "Heroic Forces of Nature")

-Wizard / Molecule Man (swap, "Menacing Minds")

BAF - Thing (Future Foundation)

Captain America: Civil War Legends

-Captain America (Civil War movie)

-Falcon (Civil War movie)

-Baron Zemo (Civil War movie)

-Captain America (Sam Wilson)

-Sharon Carter as Agent 13 (white suit) / Mockingbird (swap, "Femme Fatales")

-Guardian (remake) / Captain Britain (remake) (swap, "Foreign Patriots")

BAF - Stilt-Man

Doctor Strange Legends

-Dr. Strange (classic comic, updated)

-Dr. Strange (movie)

-Magik / Clea (swap, "Supreme Sorceresses")

-Baron Mordo / Nightmare (swap, "Despots of the Dark Dimensions")

-Brother Voodoo

-Blade

BAF - Dormammu

Spider-Man Legends Wave 4 (Sinister Six movie slated for 2016)

-The Amazing Bag Man (includes Spider-Ham)

-Spider-Man Noir

-Sandman

-Beetle (classic)

-Colleen Wing / Silver Sable (swap, "Heroines For Hire")

-Electro (comic remake) / Mysterio (comic remake) (swap, "Sinister Supervillains")

BAF - Stegron the Dinosaur Man

Avengers Legends Wave 4

-Thunderstrike

-Sersi / Crystal (swap, "Mistresses of Molecular Manipulation")

-Quicksilver (remake)

-Wonder Man (remake)

-Sunspot / Cannonball (swap, "Mutant Avengers")

-Whirlwind

BAF - Lockjaw

X-Men Legends Wave 2 (due to X-Men: Apocalypse coming out in 2016)

-Beast (remake)

-Silver Samurai

-Jamie Madrox

-Gambit (remake) / Havok (modern) (swap, "Explosive Mutants")

-AOA Nightcrawler

-Rogue (modern) / Moonstar (swap, "Manipulators of the Mind")

BAF - Professor X (Jim Lee jumpsuit, hoverchair)

Not only have you guys come up with some great suggestions for waves, but the fact that you're even naming the swap outs is awesome! You killed it with the Stegron BAF! That would look so sweet!!! Funny you should mention Lockjaw. I just have this feeling that either the Inhumans or a Guardians of the Galaxy set will be the SDCC exclusive this year. Guardians to include a larger retooled (or Hyperion/Sentry) sculpt, and a comic version Gamora. Maybe some "original"/3000 Guardians like Yondu or Major Victory?

Not only have you guys come up with some great suggestions for waves, but the fact that you're even naming the swap outs is awesome! You killed it with the Stegron BAF! That would look so sweet!!! Funny you should mention Lockjaw. I just have this feeling that either the Inhumans or a Guardians of the Galaxy set will be the SDCC exclusive this year. Guardians to include a larger retooled (or Hyperion/Sentry) sculpt, and a comic version Gamora. Maybe some "original"/3000 Guardians like Yondu or Major Victory?

that is soo true. if Lockjaw (movie or comic) is not included in the Inhuman wave there will be hell to pay.

I could see them updating the Drax mold, offering a modern comic Star-Lord (which looks more like the movie version anyway), and then possibly a more articulated Rocket, new comic Groot and comic Gamora. That would refresh all the characters that were released before, and satisfy the whole main team. Do I dare dream for a Moondragon to be thrown into the mix?

I don't see the cost-effectiveness of tooling a huge Lockjaw figure to be included in a Boxed Set, which is why I only see him as a BAF. Guaranteeing the consumer buys a whole wave to justify the costs of a very unique "one and done" Lockjaw mold makes the most sense, because... I mean he can't be repainted and repurposed into much else... except maybe some random Asgardian monster with a new head? The only offset to the cost by including him in a boxed set would be that it could be produced in much lower numbers, but still... we already got Black Bolt and Medusa in the last SDCC set, so would they retread that ground? Those two are your A-Lister Inhumans, so without them, I could see them cherry-picking Inhumans and filtering them into Avengers waves. Particularly Crystal because of her ties to the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Quicksilver... and we might get Karnak (since he made it into the MU boxed set, I guess he rates higher than others with Hasbro?) or Gorgon, because he's visually interesting with hooves for feet. LOL. The only others I can name are Triton, Maximus, and Luna (how old is she nowadays? Cause that's screaming for a child-sized pack-in treatment like Franklin Richards). For me, Crystal and Lockjaw are the only must-haves, but I'd gladly pick up any others they'd be willing to produce.

I could see them updating the Drax mold, offering a modern comic Star-Lord (which looks more like the movie version anyway), and then possibly a more articulated Rocket, new comic Groot and comic Gamora. That would refresh all the characters that were released before, and satisfy the whole main team. Do I dare dream for a Moondragon to be thrown into the mix?

I don't see the cost-effectiveness of tooling a huge Lockjaw figure to be included in a Boxed Set, which is why I only see him as a BAF. Guaranteeing the consumer buys a whole wave to justify the costs of a very unique "one and done" Lockjaw mold makes the most sense, because... I mean he can't be repainted and repurposed into much else... except maybe some random Asgardian monster with a new head? The only offset to the cost by including him in a boxed set would be that it could be produced in much lower numbers, but still... we already got Black Bolt and Medusa in the last SDCC set, so would they retread that ground? Those two are your A-Lister Inhumans, so without them, I could see them cherry-picking Inhumans and filtering them into Avengers waves. Particularly Crystal because of her ties to the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Quicksilver... and we might get Karnak (since he made it into the MU boxed set, I guess he rates higher than others with Hasbro?) or Gorgon, because he's visually interesting with hooves for feet. LOL. The only others I can name are Triton, Maximus, and Luna (how old is she nowadays? Cause that's screaming for a child-sized pack-in treatment like Franklin Richards). For me, Crystal and Lockjaw are the only must-haves, but I'd gladly pick up any others they'd be willing to produce.

Well, for a Wave, rerelease SDCC Black Bolt and Medusa is a no brainer, maybe a classic repaint for Medusa. Crystal would probably a swap with Medusa, both female. Triton and Karnak might be swap since they are brothers (Brothers in Arms?). Karnak would be the BIG GUY of the wave (like Thor, Sentry, Bulldozer). and Max Maximus would be the solo villian in the wave. Lockjaw would only work for as a BAF, just cause of his uniqueness, which seem to be what hasbro wants for the BAFs.

FANTASTIC FOUR - MARVEL LEGENDS WAVE (which probably won't happen since Marvel doesn't support Fox related products)

-Future Foundation Invisible Woman

-Future Foundation Mr Fantastic

-Future Foundation Thing

-Future Foundation Johnny Storm w/ Franklin Richards

-She-Hulk / Jennifer Walters

-Power Man

-Crystal

BAF: The Watcher or Super Skrull

X-Men Legends Series II

- Nightcrawler (AoA running change)

- Professor X with hover chair

- Iceman

- Marvel Girl (running change White Phoenix or Dark Phoenix)

- Rogue

- Dazzler

- Cyclops Jim Lee

BAF: Weapon X, or Juggernaut, or Apocalypse, or Lilandra

Spider-Man Wave 4:

- Spider Gwen

- Mary J Watson

- Electro

- Vulture

- Mysterio

- Silver Sable

- Elektra

- Bag Head Spider-Man / running change House of M SpiderMan

BAF: KingPin, Swarm, Doctor Octopus, Omega Red, Cloak & Dagger

Dr Strange Marvel Legends Series:

-Dr Strange

-Dr Strange (movie)

-Mandarin

-Lady Bullseye

-Baron Mordo

-Magik / running change Darkchilde

-SubMariner

BAF: Dormammu

Avengers Wave 4:

-Quicksilver

-Mockingbird

-Squirrel Girl and Wong

-Victoria Hand

-Brother Voodoo

-Sam Wilson Captain America

-Winter Soldier (comic)

BAF: Norman Osborn

I like tarot's list, but I'm gonna make a few tweaks. One thing to consider is we probably won't be getting cases with 8 different figures. The main hero/anchor will likely be packed 2:case.

Dr. Strange:

• Dr. Strange (classic comic, updated)
  • Dr. Strange (movie)
  • Magik / Clea (swap, "Supreme Sorceresses")
  • Baron Mordo / Nightmare (swap, "Despots of the Dark Dimensions")
  • Brother Voodoo
  • Blade
  • BAF - Dormammu

Captain America:Civil War

• Captain America ( New Movie) - come we know it's happening
  • Main Villian of Movie
  • Sharon Carter (White Suit new body) / Mockingbird (Modern) - Blonde Phantoms
  • Red Guardian
  • Scourge
  • Sam Wilson's Captain America --> Falcon (I'd rather have a new Falcon than Falcon Cap)
  • BAF:Armadillo (Using the New Rhino build, they could use it for this.) Mr. Hyde

Avengers Wave 4

• Moonstone(retail release) and Songbird - Thunderbolts
  • Quicksilver (Movie) (comic)
  • Superior Iron Man --> Iron Man heroes return (I know it's an older armor, but it's never had a figure other than Minimate. So much cooler than the Superior one too)
  • Darkhawk / Justice - New Warriors
  • Thunderstrike --> Wonder Man
  • BAF:Attuma (Major villian in the cartoon with still no figure)

Spider-man wave 4

Each figure not only come with a bigger piece but also with a small non-moving piece of a mini baf.

• Spider-man Noir --> black suit Spider-Man
  • Kaine (classic) - NO
  • Colleen Wing / Silver Sable - Heroes for Hire ---> Colleen Wing/Firestar
  • Cloak and Dagger -- Cardiac
  • Power Man -- Speed Demon
  • Electro / Mysterio (new sculpt)
  • BAF: Man-Spider and Spider-ham --> BAF Tombstone

Honestly with all these good ideas presented here I think I'll just try my hand at wave four for Spider-Man Legends. I realize there are more swaps here than would ever be put in a wave, but I'd be fine with either figure from the swaps in most cases.

Spider-Man Legends Wave 4

• Mary Jane Watson
  • Morlun/Morbius (classic)
  • Jackal
  • Mysterio (badly needed re-do)/Prowler
  • Scorn/Shathra
  • Tombstone/Hydro-Man (also a badly needed re-do)

BAF: Stegron

Hopefully they will focus more on the actual villains and side characters of Spidey's universe. The biggest drawback to me of the ToyFair offerings for Spidey were all the street level characters that aren't often seen as associates of Spidey. Also now that Kraven is getting re-done there isn't a need for any other re-dos beyond Mysterio, Morbius, and Hydro-Man. All of Spidey's other classic villains have been covered by previous Legends and Spider-Man Classics.

Since everybody is doing a X-men and F4 set (which could be a exclusive) here is my list:

Fantastic Four:

• Mr. Fantastic (Future Foundation)
  • Invisible Woman (Future Foundation)
  • Human Torch (Future Foundation)
  • Thing (Future Foundation) (New bigger sculpt.there is no need for him to be a BAF. particularly since they can use him a multiple of times)
  • Franklin and Valeria Richard (Future Foundation) (similar to how GOTG Rocket, except with 2 figures and the smallest part)
  • Wizard / Trapster - Frightful Foes
  • BAF: Dragon Man

X-men: Apocalypse

• Cyclops (Jim Lee)
  • Havok (Uncanny Avengers)
  • Toad / Avalanche - Brotherhood of Mutants
  • Moonstar / Karma - New Mutants
  • Beast (Modern)
  • BAF: Apocalypse

X-men Gambit

• Gambit (Movie)
  • Gambit (Modern)
  • Rogue / Belladonna - Rivals for Gambit
  • Nightcrawler (Modern)
  • Sabastian Shaw
  • BAF: Nimrod

X-men: Deadpool (more of a joke wave :P alot of Red)

each box will have a comment to the buyer like Lady Deadpool will say "Bet your girl was hot like me!" LOL

• Deadpool (Movie)
  • Lady Deadpool
  • Kid Pool, Headpool and Dog Pool (Team set with smallest piece)
  • ChampionPool
  • Agent X / Maverick - Uneasy Allies
  • BAF: Lady Death (fully articulated figure)

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Strange wave

• Movie Strange
  • Astral (clear) Strange
  • Clea
  • Mordo
  • Magik
  • Wong (with cape for Avengers Strange)
  • BAF Dormammu

Captain America Wave

• Movie Cap
  • Falcon Cap
  • Deathlok (modern)
  • Nuke
  • King Cobra
  • Mister Hyde
  • BAF MODOK (modern)

Spider-Man Wave

• Silk
  • Spider-Gwen
  • Miles Morales
  • Firestar (classic)
  • Shocker
  • Beetle (classic)
  • BAF Tombstone

To be honest, I'd be very happy to just stick to three waves per year, evenly divided with attention to quality and distribution.

So no Avenger wave for me.

Dr. Strange Wave

• Magik
  • Daimon Hellstrom
  • Brother Voodoo
  • Satana
  • Wong
  • Dr. Druid
  • Blade
  • BAF: Dormammu

Avengers Wave

• Quicksilver (comic)