Ant Man Wave

Heisenberg

Monday, after work I went straight to TRU doubting that they would have the wave yet. I see Ant Man and Wasp and I am elated, that is until I realize my friend/nemesis has already bought the rest of the wave. I know him because he comes into my bookstore and we are the only two hardcore Marvel Legends/Infinite Series collectors in my area. I was pissed. I go to TRU at least 3-4 times a week and it still wasn't enough. Anyone else get very frustrated when they justttt miss a wave?

I called TRU from work today and to my amazement they got the set in again (although someone had hidden Grim Reaper) I had to tear the section apart to find him. Super super pumped.

Now, I am happy with the wave but here is my main problem with Legends at the moment. With the current price point they need to put more effort into the paint. At least one figure always has some sort of paint glitch and the vast majority of the figures would be so much better with some shading.

I was very very excited for Bulldozer (it appears I am not the only one. Why so popular?) but he seemed to look alot better when they first showed him off. He is not a bad looking figure but they should have done some dark shading as the orange looks kinda cheap. I am probably only in this but I think TigerShark looks a little better on the back of the box where the colors seem to glow. I think Grim Reaper had better shading when they made the Infinite Series edition. Is this just me?

Also happened into TRU not expecting to see these, but they had everything except movie Ant-Man and Bulldozer. Picked up Grim Reaper since I already pre-ordered Tiger Shark. Hoping this means the e-tailers will start sending out the pre-orders as well, need that Bulldozer.

How come the Hulkbuster wave is not out yet? Do you think we will see it at TRU yet? I really want the BAF, Dr. Strange and Iron Man.

The Ant Man one is out to promote the movie. I'd imagine we'll see Hulkbuster in late July, BBTS has a July release date, and the new Legends always seem to show up at the end of the month, beginning of the next.

Well! I usually get the short end of the stick on these hunts, but did well today!

I'm short on cash, so I specifically left money at home so I wouldn't make myself broke. I did take enough money for three figures. I told myself I would buy two, and the extra cash would be in case I couldn't help myself. Well... I couldn't help myself.

Planned to hit three TRU today, to try my luck. Decided I would buy the best two or three I find, and if I found something better at the second store, I would exchange something I bought at the first.

First store, Rego Center, Queens, NY. They had an entire endcap in the middle of the Marvel/Star Wars aisle, of mostly Ant-Man wave. On the pegs were:

4 Wasp

2 Ant-Man (movie)

2 Giant-Man

2 Tiger Shark

1 Grim Reaper

0 Bulldozer

So considering the ratio, I figured Wasp and Ant-Man would be easier to find, so I did inspect them all, but left them behind. Took the only Grim Reaper. Wasn't solid on his face paint applications, but he was the only one there, so it was what it was. Compared the two Tiger Sharks. Wanted one of these in ML since the MU version came out in the SDCC set. One Tiger Shark had a lot more shaky paint apps in the body with all the purple angles, and that little waist/ab joint piece has really weak orange paint. Took the better one, was a no-brainer.

I felt like I would be able to take or leave Giant-Man, but seeing him live he looked really good in the almost day-glow Red color. The black paint apps were clean and strong on both versions, but one had cleaner apps on the painted-on belt, so I went with that. Can't wait to get the bigger version in the new SDCC set.

Went to Target (Queens Place) and they had nothing new.

Went to the second TRU store (Long Island City, Queens, NY) and they had just one Ant-Man (Movie) and one Wasp. Still these were the two characters I left behind at the first store, so I kept the three I originally bought. If they had Bulldozer then Grim Reaper was going to get exchanged.

Gave up on going into Manhattan to Times Square TRU because it's just too hot outside.

Getting them out of the package I'm happy with all of them. Grim Reaper's paint apps are simplistic and he is well-executed but his scythe looks weak and flimsy. The cape (new one that is going to be reused on the new Vision figures is SO narrow at the neck that it looks unnatural to me. Not a fan of that cape. This new body they have been talking about for Grim Reaper really just looks like a new torso to me, on the same Sentry/Hyperion legs that have existed before and are still in use on Tiger Shark in this same wave. With Grim Reaper's scale, however, and recent remakes of Scarlet Witch and upcoming Visions, we are now REALLY in need of a Wonder Man remake on a better/newer body mold. He's climbing up on my remake list FAST.

Giant-Man, as I said, looks sharp in his red and black and I really like this costume design on him. No complaints at all, and I think the body choice was right for him. The same as the Hawkeye/USAgent body. All I could have wanted was a cloth lab coat (might steal one from my old Reed Richards Toy Biz ML) and an alternate unmasked head. But that's splitting hairs, I consider him a solid figure! Sleeper hit for me so far!

Tiger Shark is a win for me because it's another from the pile of unreleased Legends and he's a big guy and an eye-catching villain and looking scary and fierce. Body is imposing, the talon-like hands, the angry razor-tooth scowl, the textured fin (which is a glued-on piece onto his head)... It's all a winner. It's just a really dynamic looking figure and I can't wait to really assemble some Masters of Evil for a villainous group display for a little bit. And now we have all the villains that came out in the Masters of Evil SDCC MU exclusive set, in ML scale!

Really psyched to find Bulldozer in the wild, and I do still want Wasp and Ant-Man. Wasp seems to have the same struggle to get the gold paint in all the nooks and crannies of her torso, but her face sculpt is cute. Not pretty, but cute. And Ant-Man seems to have some of the weakest paint apps, which I hope I'll be able to find a better one when I have the cash (or credit!) to pick one up!

So glad this wave is out! Not ready for Avengers wave 3 yet!

Just got my shipping notice for my toys r us pre order...I am getting them randomly and from reports I am worried some of the paint will be off, eh I can always trade those at retail for better ones when they finally get to my area. Also If any body needs them and wants to order some blindly? toys r us has them on line today.

why does everyone who get these and photo them always forget Grimmy?

I passed on Grimm, I don't know much about him and I have to be strict cuz I'm tight on space in my room lol

he is a classic Avengers villian, brother to Wonderman and as such to Vision (Wonderman considers Vision his brother since they share the same brain paterns). Has been a member of the Masters, leader of the Lethal Legion and the Legion of the Unliving. he was also a member of the recent Apocalypse Twin horseman of Apocaypse. He is a essential member of any collection. but that just my opinion.

MikeC123 I agree! And Dreadknight in that costume would actually make a clean repaint for a classic Black Knight figure (rather than the modern version we got already), to add to a 90s Avengers team, and also an early Masters of Evil team. For me, I need a Whirlwind figure FAST, cause as a fan of the 90s Iron Man cartoon the upcoming Blizzard figure will really look naked without Whirlwind by his side. I really want Hypnotia and Grey Gargoyle also. GG would look awesome in ML form!

So I went hunting for Bulldozer again, and I found one, at the TRU in Long Island City! BUT....... The package was cut with a blade across the front and the Ultron part was stolen from it! I looked at the rest of the wave that they had, and one of each of the characters was cut the same way, so someone stole EVERY Ultron part from one of each of the Ant-Man wave figures. I brought them all over to the customer service desk and told them, and they think they knew who it was from earlier in the day. I ended up still getting Bulldozer at a 15% discount (since it was incomplete) because I figured he would be hard to find anyway. I can always try to get the Ultron arm online loose. But what THEIVING JERKS to steal the entire Ultron BAF outright at TRU!

MikeC123 I agree! And Dreadknight in that costume would actually make a clean repaint for a classic Black Knight figure (rather than the modern version we got already), to add to a 90s Avengers team, and also an early Masters of Evil team. For me, I need a Whirlwind figure FAST, cause as a fan of the 90s Iron Man cartoon the upcoming Blizzard figure will really look naked without Whirlwind by his side. I really want Hypnotia and Grey Gargoyle also. GG would look awesome in ML form!

So I went hunting for Bulldozer again, and I found one, at the TRU in Long Island City! BUT....... The package was cut with a blade across the front and the Ultron part was stolen from it! I looked at the rest of the wave that they had, and one of each of the characters was cut the same way, so someone stole EVERY Ultron part from one of each of the Ant-Man wave figures. I brought them all over to the customer service desk and told them, and they think they knew who it was from earlier in the day. I ended up still getting Bulldozer at a 15% discount (since it was incomplete) because I figured he would be hard to find anyway. I can always try to get the Ultron arm online loose. But what THEIVING JERKS to steal the entire Ultron BAF outright at TRU!

other store have start doing some security measures like banded wire or collector like box.

also I was just thinking the last night how Grey Gargoyle would work on the Hyperion body and Whirlwind would work of the Bucky cap mold. I see Whirlwind coming before anyone else though

Yeah, with the recent crossover use of characters/designs in MU and ML (Kraven remake, Baron Zemo/Radioactive Man/Tiger Shark), I really hope Whirlwind is another villain announced soon.

I'd like a completely new mold for Grey Gargoyle to give him well-etched lines and edges and blockiness. They could still repurpose the mold for a character like Iceman down the line if they want to consider cost-effectiveness. Since they already have Blizzard coming, and Mandarin and MODOK, if Grey Gargoyle, Whirlwind, Dreadknight and Hypnotia were added, that would cover all the main 90s Iron Man cartoon villains right? I know Hypnotia has about as much chance at being made as Avengers villains Proctor or Doctor Demonicus, but a boy can dream. Of course there's about 200 characters I'd want before her anyway.

But a classic Black Knight off a Dreadknight mold would be easy and cool... and they can include two alternate helmets on the Black Knight figure since that was the only real difference between villainous Black Knight 1 and heroic Black Knight 2.

LOL! I totally forgot him! He's Blacklash though, isn't he? Are they supposed to be the same character?[/quote

The character's look was modeled after Scarlotti who was the 1st Whiplash then he got an upgrade from Hammer and became Backlash. Then, when that didn't work out he went back to Whiplash, then back to Backlash when he got tired of that. After awhile He went back to Whiplash, only to get killed by a suit of sentient Iron Man armor.