Ant Man Wave

Heisenberg

Finally picked up Wasp!

I have to say I really like the design. She comes in shortest of all the "big 5" Avengers, as she should, but still feels like she's on a Woman's body mold, rather than a Jubilee body. It's possible they used all woman body except for lower legs which could have come from Jubilee. Haven't really compared, but the height is great.

Wings are pretty good also. Just realized they could make a great reuse for Pixie if cast in pink plastic. I like the hand sculpt choice to show off the glove design and the head is SO much better than the Toy Biz one they released in the same costume. Side-by-side Toy Biz Wasp is an embarrassment! Wow, Hasbro is really doing justice to the females, especially considering how many they had to remake! Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Spider-Woman, Valkyrie, Carol Danvers, Black Cat, Psylocke, Wasp... Now if we could just get a pretty Sue Storm!

I didnt realize that Dorkside Toys sold ML figures loose. So happy now, ordered Antman, Wasp, Grim Reaper and Tiger Shark for less than 15 bucks per figure. Now I can cancel my Amazon pre-orders.

Quick question; was Grim Reaper part of the Masters of Evil at any time?

No, he has never been a part of the Masters of Evil.

I didnt realize that Dorkside Toys sold ML figures loose. So happy now, ordered Antman, Wasp, Grim Reaper and Tiger Shark for less than 15 bucks per figure. Now I can cancel my Amazon pre-orders.

thank you both of you. Removed him from my pre-order :)

as in your not getting him or just getting the cheaper one.

as in your not getting him or just getting the cheaper one.

Not getting it. My collection is pretty selective. Only Core Avengers and MoE figures!

My guess is it depends on what one collects and the cost differences. For instance, I don't collect MCU figs. So for the Ant-Man wave, since the majority of them are comic versions, I wanted all the figs (minus MCU Ant-Man) and now have him and Ultron up for sale on Ebay to help pay for what the others cost me. For those that only collect MCU, it's probably a better deal to spend $10-15 for a loose Ant-Man and, lets just say, another $50 for Ultron than spending $120+ for the entire wave. Plus then you have the hassle of selling off the unwanteds and the worry that you'll get stuck eating a good portion of what you paid after the initial demand wears off and there's tons of them sitting on retail pegs.

I got lucky and found Giant Man laying in a weird place in my local Target. I then caved and grabbed Antman and Wasp even though I was going to use the Marvel Universe versions of them for my display. Kinda glad I did grab them. My Avengers display looks better. I just wished they did a Quicksilver Legends figure this year with the movie having him in it.

• 2 weeks later...