Complaining

monron999

Why is there so much complaining about the state of ML? Everyone's complaining about the reuse of the Bucky mold. Hasbro is simply implementing the tactic that Mattel used to make virtually every & any character that was relevant in the DC universe while keeping costs as low as possible. If u think about it at least 80 percent of the Marvel Universe can b made using the Bucky mold & though they tend to use paint as often as they can, Hasbro also uses small molded parts to differentiate the figures. The new Spider-Man mold can be used for skinnier characters such as Iceman, Human Torch or Havoc (assuming Marvel will eventually start supporting X-Men & FF franchises again). The new Reaper mold can be used for slightly larger characters like Punisher, Wonderman or Taskmaster. Plus the large Hyperion mold, Wrecking Crew molds & various Hulk molds are being used to get us the larger characters at the same price as the other characters in any given line, while still adding specialty molds like the Chameleon & Starlord molds to add a little more diversity. The female molds are almost as diverse & the BAF is back on the right track. Complain all you want about the size of the Thanos figure. I loved it & the Hulkbuster is massive. It looks like they might be setting up for a future to churn out as many different characters as possible. So let's take it for what it's worth, get whatever we can while still knowing that Hasbro does read this forum & actually listens sometimes. Now let's see what we can do about convincing Marvel to give Hasbro the green light to start producing X-Men figures again.

I think you will find that only a handful of people complain about the reuse of molds as most people understand that Hasbro does it to save cost, for themselves and for us.

the people who do make those complaint think each character deserves their own mold. not possible with the economy as it is at the moment and the rising price of Oil.

I think you will find that only a handful of people complain about the reuse of molds as most people understand that Hasbro does it to save cost, for themselves and for us.

the people who do make those complaint think each character deserves their own mold. not possible with the economy as it is at the moment and the rising price of Oil.

I always appreciate someone who tries to be diplomatic about a situation regarding people but I have to disagree. It is WAY more than a handful doing the complaining! You have to look beyond these forums. There are other forums discussing Legends, the Infinite (formerly MU) Series etc as well as Youtube reviewers and their followers. And you can't dismiss the "in person" conversations that go on. The complaining is like wildfire. I, myself have complained on forums,in threads and in comments for review videos....ABOUT THE COMPLAINERS! This wasn't because of one or two disgruntled fans who were dissatisfied with a lack of articulation or lousy paint job. No, it's usually regarding mold reuses, Hasbro's choice of characters and my personal favorite; complaining about the size of a character like Hasbro got it wrong, when they got it right (Thanos anyone?)

About the mold reuse and we're talking Bucky Cap here: For one, this body type is the standard for a great deal of Marvel male characters. It suits most athletic, or street level or non physical characters. The most important factor that seems to be wasted on "fans" is this mold consistantly has the best articulation of any figure in any given assortment. As long as there are head sculpts faithful to the character as well as different or retooled limbs what would be the problem? It's this: people simply want Hasbro to spend tens of thousands of dollars in production to "justify" their lil TWENTY dollars. Good business practices be damned.

The complaints regarding size kills me. Take Thanos for example. Everyone, both fans and reviewers complained that he was too small. They constantly compared the BAF with the Marvel Select. Marvel Select....which specializes in the 7" and oversize range. They say Hasbro got it wrong, but they're the ones wrong. Thanos is 6'7. Any rendition that shows him larger or more massive is just that...A RENDITION by that particular artist. Then on the flip nobody complains that Thor is consistently too large or that Iron Man is still too small (He and Thor are both 6'6). I'll bet no one complains that the upcoming Rhino BAF is also too big (6'5). So my point? Everyone has preferences. If Hasbro doesn't meet those preferences does NOT mean they got it wrong or are messing up.

Lastly, my biggest peeve; People complaining, yet go out and buy the figure....only to complain some more, buy another figure...then complain, buy another...you get my point. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not spending my money on subpar products. If I'm constantly bitching, whining or complaining and always showing dissatisfaction then that product isn't for me. And keep this in mind: this isn't a case of you want a Lexus but can only afford a Kia. You NEED a car so you get the Kia. Of course you don't like the Kia so you complain, but that's ok because you never wanted it, but had to get it. NOBODY needs action figures! We buy because we want. What stupid azzhat continues to buy something they are dissatisfied with but don't need?!?!? Answer: ML collectors who complain. Solution people. Let your dollars do the talking for you. STOP buying Legends! Oh by the way Jango, I think if all those I speak of actually do this, you would see it's way more than a handful as I stated.

Wow. I'm sorry forum. I'm looking back and I see my post became a rant. For this I apologize. As you can no doubt tell, I've gotten fed up with this issue. People seem to have overlooked, ignored or don't care that Hasbro has really stepped it up. Look how many figures have been released since 2013 (and yet to be). It's over 80. They've begun turning out the "lost" figures as best they can. (One last peeve; don't suggest remakes, then complain when there aren't enough new characters released) So maybe we need to appreciate those providing us the opportunity to indulge in this hobby of ours and complain less (in some cases a lot less). IJS

Oh I agree on your pet peeve. I hate hypocrites. They are the ones who cause arguments and then go off a buy the figure they fought about.

but my biggest complaint is the people who get the character they want only to complain it's not the version they and only they want. They should be thankful they got their character at all. I'm still want on my number one character Firestar, since I started 15 years ago.

You know I was just reading a bunch of this complaining on another site and I get so sick of it. I guess in my old age I've learned to be more appreciative. If it's not about no X characters, it's the molds, or its the wrong version of a character, or its too obscure a character, and so on. You know in this day and age of tech be thankful we even get figures. Loom at MI, which I left for ML, they're finally getting new stuff but truthfully ML has been kicking their butts. I mean we've had almost a wave a month. It's an AWESOME time for ML. I guess what I'm trying to say is...be grateful, we could see an end to ML one day so let's enjoy it while we have it. I know I'm grateful to Hasbro whether it's a character I want or not (I'd love more street level stuff) I'm happy to grow my little universe.

Wow, I did not notice the complaints either? I give Hasbro's Marvel Legends line toy line of the year!....Its not even over yet...Lol. This 2015 year feels so great to be a Marvel legends toy collector...reminds me of toy biz's 2005-06 run...but keep in mind that was also their peak and fall. I will praise them while the get'en is good and plentiful. I think the ones that don't understand how things work are the ones that are complaining. I have collected Legends since the beginning...and I know a good run when I see one. That buck is fine, and the best looking to date...my nitpicks from the start of its use is the small feet. I got over it. They have also changed up the hands for different characters. I think many are upset that they have so much to buy now...which is crazy! I like to be able to pick and choose...If spider-mans, Caps, and Iron Mans have to be made to get and Absorbing man, Hulk Buster, Bulldozer, Reaper and many awesome other figs...Hey so be it, that's Awesome!. I don't Understand the hate and greed. All I gota say is stellar year Hasbro, and thanks (I have never said that to Hasbro, until now)

and it not like they use it for everyone. If they need a skinnier build they use the Spidey build, if they need bigger guys they use the Grim Reaper mold, muscalur guys use the Hyperion and the Hulk size use, well, the Hulk build. they even use random build like the Bucky (the WWII version not the Cap one) to make Ghost which in turn was made into a much Better Jack O'Lantern and the Hulkling base into the whole Wrecking Craw and that awesome Absorbing Man.

I just wish they had a Teenage male build as most of the Build are not suited for them, though the Spidey build might work.

as for the females, we have what 4 build, Teenage, Moonstone's adult, Medusa adult and Red She-hulk big girl.

I think Rukkdeez absolutely hit the nail on the head. I don't think Hasbro has got any character truly wrong. It may not be everyone's favorite rendition, but we're getting characters we love and Hasbro has been doing an amazing job. As long as we keep getting awesome figures, I'm keeping my mouth shut and riding the wave. We know that it's something that could end someday (again) so sit back and enjoy it.

I originally had a problem with us getting Spider-Gwen. My reasoning was this was just too new of a character who so far is pretty unproven. then I thought back to the ROTML and Hope Summers being included. I was very happy to be getting a figure of her, as I'm one of the few who likes her. why would she be any different than Spider-Gwen? So I thought about it and realized I'm more put off by the concept of Spider-Gwen, In my opinion, she's being pushed as this incredible character and comic, before the first issue was even out. and something seems weird about that to me (and the comic series is not that good to me). But you know what? I'm going to buy that figure because her design really is pretty dynamic and maybe she'll grow on me in her series by then as well.

But the point stands if you really, really don't like it, don't buy it. but we really shouldn't bite the hand that feeds us.

I try to keep it balanced.
I have some complaints which I believe have some validity, like Entertainment Earth charging $100 to ship a box to me, or the general process of putting out "exclusives" of characters that never see a normal release.
In my mind a perfect exclusive was the FF She-Hulk.
A character that was available at retail got a repaint/retool, some fun accessories and didn't cost a kidney.
I believe they achieved that with the Ant-Man box this year.
You miss this set, you don't miss any essential characters, because they have been widely available in all sizes.
But it's still really special in both thought and execution.
(Yes, that was a big compliment for Hasbro!!!)

Then there's the Book of Vishanti set.
Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful.
The love that went into this set really shows!

But I feel (and please disagree should you need to) it's just not cool to put characters in an exclusive (i.e. very hard to get) set.

I believe the set would have been way better if it had just been Astral Strange and a variant on either Voodoo or Dormammu, for which we could get a regular release later on (like Archangel).
Maybe pack in a scaled book stand with the Book of Vishanti as an accessory.
But let's be honest: I'm just some guy. If Hasbro wants to do it this way, this is the way they will do it, and I can either choose to buy or not buy it. Believe me, I realize it's just an opinion.

Like my opinion on the Bucky mold. I LOVE IT!!!
I love the variety in molds we have gradually been getting.

I love the wide range of characters available to us.

I love that Hasbro genuinly seems to invest in making ML the best thing in action figures at this price range.

I love the improvements they have made on themselves and on the ToyBiz legacy.

I love the style consistency they have achieved since The Return.

My wallet hates me though, and I do hope 2016 will bring just a few less, more evenly distributed waves .... I know, I know, don't want to seem ungrateful, just not looking forward to having to skip on figures.

I love collecting Marvel Legends and this was truly an amazing year.

I have some complaints which I believe have some validity, like Entertainment Earth charging $100 to ship a box to me, or the general process of putting out "exclusives" of characters that never see a normal release.

sorry dude but that price was not decided by hasbro but by Entertainment Earth

Exactly. I get my figures from EE (WHOLESALE) and that's on them. Fortunately EE serves up free shipping if you get cases [retail]. Wholesalers pay $10 for their entire order that's shipped same day.

Somehow you both thought I blamed Hasbro for EE international shipping?

That would be silly.

My main complaint with Legends is that they obviously expanded the budget(possibly stole some from MI/MU, given their articulation cutbacks), but didn't properly use the extra dough. I'm okay with there being a few more waves of ML this year, but I think a few waves should've been held back as to:

A) Allow collectors' wallets to breath and get more cash, and

B) Improve the figures overall. They should've improved the paint or plastic on the figures, and not just made more figures. Pretty sure the standard Legends price right now is $21.99, so I think it would be better to get less figures with better quality rather than more figures with less. Just my opinion.

Exactly. I get my figures from EE (WHOLESALE) and that's on them. Fortunately EE serves up free shipping if you get cases [retail]. Wholesalers pay $10 for their entire order that's shipped same day.

That would be silly.

Sorry. Somehow, it seemed like you did. Misinterpretation on my part.

My main complaint with Legends is that they obviously expanded the budget(possibly stole some from MI/MU, given their articulation cutbacks), but didn't properly use the extra dough. I'm okay with there being a few more waves of ML this year, but I think a few waves should've been held back as to:

B) Improve the figures overall. They should've improved the paint or plastic on the figures, and not just made more figures. Pretty sure the standard Legends price right now is $21.99, so I think it would be better to get less figures with better quality rather than more figures with less. Just my opinion.

But...where is this "less quality"? They just came out with a new intermediate mold, female molds are better than they've ever been, and articulation has become nearly as good as the old Toybiz stuff. As to your statement about waiting longer between waves just so collectors' "wallets can breathe", well that just doesn't make good business sense. Hasbro is first and foremost in the business of making money. NOT giving customers who will impulsively spend their rent money just to keep up with the latest toys a chance to be responsible and NOT buy their products. If you need your wallet to breathe, then your course is very simple: DON'T BUY!!! You can't afford it, DON'T BUY!!! You don't get to put that weight on ANY business, never mind Hasbro! What you're saying is" Hasbro, please ease up on product release because my finances can't take it. If you release something, I'm going to buy it whether I can afford it or not. I need you to save me from myself". BOTTOM LINE: If you want them to "slow down", then stop purchasing. I guarantee you if enough people do that, they will slow down.

But...where is this "less quality"? They just came out with a new intermediate mold, female molds are better than they've ever been, and articulation has become nearly as good as the old Toybiz stuff. As to your statement about waiting longer between waves just so collectors' "wallets can breathe", well that just doesn't make good business sense. Hasbro is first and foremost in the business of making money. NOT giving customers who will impulsively spend their rent money just to keep up with the latest toys a chance to be responsible and NOT buy their products. If you need your wallet to breathe, then your course is very simple: DON'T BUY!!! You can't afford it, DON'T BUY!!! You don't get to put that weight on ANY business, never mind Hasbro! What you're saying is" Hasbro, please ease up on product release because my finances can't take it. If you release something, I'm going to buy it whether I can afford it or not. I need you to save me from myself". BOTTOM LINE: If you want them to "slow down", then stop purchasing. I guarantee you if enough people do that, they will slow down.

First things first: I do not instantly buy stuff. I do not need saving, other people do. Also, I hear a good bit more about QC issues as the waves go on, and let's not forget the travesty of the Ultron Baf's paint! The paint at Hasbro is decent when it's not riddled with QC issues, though, but they obviously can improve, and that is what I would like to see, rather than just a ton more that I hear are peg warming at the moment. More releases also means people can get tired of the same body molds a lot quicker, so that's another concern.

Some of that's true but no line is without QC issues. ToyBiz had alot with unpainted or loose joints and run over paint jobs. So it's really nothing new. But I will tell you by comparison they have improved alot. Especially on do overs. Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Spider Woman, Black Cat, and Elektra just for some of the ladies. Yeah I think that the new female molds are great. But i also think that the retooled mold they used for the Puck series Emma could be used for some variety in the different body types. Not all the ladies have super thighs and a super bass. But hey i'm glad i'm getting more of them and they look better than most of the ToyBiz heroines and villainess. People complained when all we were getting were exclusive waves at about 2 per year. calling for Hasbro's head and to let go of the license. Now they are more frequent and don't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon and still this nonsense. I wish I could get some of those SDCC figures too. But I'll live and catch up on the current waves when I can. Right now because of my finances I get the rare ones that I have to have first then go back and get the ones I need to complete the BAF if I want it. For instance I still have yet to complete my Odin wave. As far as Thanos goes I just wanted 3 figs from it. From store visits I know they'll be around long enough for me to get over my current hump so the frequent waves just gives me more motivation and something to look forward too. Love you Hasbro!

I really have no problem with hasbro at the moment, i think this is their best year so far. We gotten the biggest BAF since Fin Fang Foom, and more fan favorite characters in this year with the least amount of dissapointments than in any other year. My biggest nitpick right now is BAF size, I'm glad the hulkbuster is 9 inches tall, but i wish hasbro would make same size BAFs. For example, a wendigo BAF would be nice,but than again, toybiz also gave pretty small ( for a BAF ) BAFs like modok, and mojo.

That would be silly.

Sorry. Somehow, it seemed like you did. Misinterpretation on my part.

No problem at all!

;)

I really have no problem with hasbro at the moment, i think this is their best year so far. We gotten the biggest BAF since Fin Fang Foom, and more fan favorite characters in this year with the least amount of dissapointments than in any other year. My biggest nitpick right now is BAF size, I'm glad the hulkbuster is 9 inches tall, but i wish hasbro would make same size BAFs. For example, a wendigo BAF would be nice,but than again, toybiz also gave pretty small ( for a BAF ) BAFs like modok, and mojo.

while I agree some BAF have been on the short size, I don't think they need ALL to be huge. they should only be huge if the character is huge. I prefer more unique baf like Ultron or Iron Man then having giant size figure all the time. for baf they have to be a unique character that wouldn't sell otherwise.