Complaining

monron999

I too have an issue with the exclusive sets, but I actually think Hasbro uses it as a way to get out products that might not see the light at retail, specifically the female figures. The Gamora in the GOTG set would never fly at retail. Sure, there would be plenty of us fans ready to buy it but all it would take is a single complaint one PC police parent & all hell would break loose, putting Hasbro in a position to have to "tone down" the sexy of the female figures which are always considered a liabilty, in the retail game anyway. Sure it sucks that we have to buy redos of other figures that we probably don't need, I mean Drax is better but Groot & Rocket are only new head sculpts & a new modern comic version of Starlord would have been much more appreciated. The same would apply to Magik in the BOV set & as Shartimus Prime pointed out, it was most likely that the new Valkyrie figure was tooled to have the sexy high leg bikini line, but Hasbro had a last minute change & decided to paint the full leggings on. Better to be safe than sorry, I suppose. That's just the state of our censorship society right now so in the end it's gonna be up to the collector. If you want the new Gamoro or the Magik figs either pay for the set with a few extra bells & whistles or look for it on the secondary or third market at a premium price. Either way, there are very few products from the ML line that a truly exclusive. In the end Hasbro is in the business of making money & the more successful a line is the more of that money they keep investing in that line. As fans it best for us the keep them on the hook as long as we can & support the line. ML went away once, it can easily go away again. I do give them credit for stepping up there game so far.

I too have an issue with the exclusive sets, but I actually think Hasbro uses it as a way to get out products that might not see the light at retail, specifically the female figures. The Gamora in the GOTG set would never fly at retail. Sure, there would be plenty of us fans ready to buy it but all it would take is a single complaint one PC police parent & all hell would break loose, putting Hasbro in a position to have to "tone down" the sexy of the female figures which are always considered a liabilty, in the retail game anyway.

I never even considered this!

I live in the Netherlands, you know, Sodom and Gomorrah (...not Gamora) as some people would have us think.

My main complaint with Legends is that they obviously expanded the budget(possibly stole some from MI/MU, given their articulation cutbacks), but didn't properly use the extra dough. I'm okay with there being a few more waves of ML this year, but I think a few waves should've been held back as to:

A) Allow collectors' wallets to breath and get more cash, and

B) Improve the figures overall. They should've improved the paint or plastic on the figures, and not just made more figures. Pretty sure the standard Legends price right now is $21.99, so I think it would be better to get less figures with better quality rather than more figures with less. Just my opinion.

But...where is this "less quality"? They just came out with a new intermediate mold, female molds are better than they've ever been, and articulation has become nearly as good as the old Toybiz stuff. As to your statement about waiting longer between waves just so collectors' "wallets can breathe", well that just doesn't make good business sense. Hasbro is first and foremost in the business of making money. NOT giving customers who will impulsively spend their rent money just to keep up with the latest toys a chance to be responsible and NOT buy their products. If you need your wallet to breathe, then your course is very simple: DON'T BUY!!! You can't afford it, DON'T BUY!!! You don't get to put that weight on ANY business, never mind Hasbro! What you're saying is" Hasbro, please ease up on product release because my finances can't take it. If you release something, I'm going to buy it whether I can afford it or not. I need you to save me from myself". BOTTOM LINE: If you want them to "slow down", then stop purchasing. I guarantee you if enough people do that, they will slow down.

First things first: I do not instantly buy stuff. I do not need saving, other people do. Also, I hear a good bit more about QC issues as the waves go on, and let's not forget the travesty of the Ultron Baf's paint! The paint at Hasbro is decent when it's not riddled with QC issues, though, but they obviously can improve, and that is what I would like to see, rather than just a ton more that I hear are peg warming at the moment. More releases also means people can get tired of the same body molds a lot quicker, so that's another concern.

You're right. Other people do need saving. That's not Hasbro's job however. It's theirs. And understand this; I understand that urge to get these things as soon as they come out. When you have to compete with other collectors, the occasional buyer for their kids and most (and worst) of all, scalpers, one feels compelled to get waves as soon as they come out. I've felt that pull more times than I can count. I, myself eliminated that issue by getting cases wholesale, pre-ordered months in advance (I STILL) don't have the Ant-Man wave but I know it's coming). But I've noticed something that wasn't happening before. That being more figures are available more often in stores. I went to a TRU a couple weeks ago in the afternoon and the entire case of the Ant-Man wave was on the pegs. Meaning all eight! The Thanos wave was also there in it's entirety. I asked the person in charge of that section and was told they've (Ant-Man wave) had been out since the morning, and the "others" as he called them BEEN on the shelves. Keep in mind this was a Saturday...and no one bought any Legends?!!? Also three different Targets and saw complete Ant-Man waves there. My point is I believe Hasbro is attempting to nullify the scalper problem by sending more product to stores (either that or maybe people have already begun doing as I earlier suggested and not buying). Either way, if you look on Ebay, you would notice the prices there have decreased big time...with a choice few exceptions. Having said all that, what I'm getting to is it's easier to fight that compulsion to immediately run out and buy the waves, or at least the figures one wants. No need to spend the mortgage loot.

okay just not when the three new figure (Cap, Mockingbird and Taskmaster) where announced you know what about 10 people and more people said. "Do we need another Cap?" No we don't but people should realise something.

IT. IS. HIS. FECKING. WAVE!!!!

He is the star of the wave. He has to be in it. It to promote his latest movie. If they weren't going to put him in it it wouldn't be his wave. it would not sell it is not selling a movie. At least they only put one of him in it. unlike they did the first few waves. each character is different in the wave or at least an Alternate Universe of them or someone else in a similar costume.

But I will agree on Taskie not being even a comic or movie version but a Cartoon version but I like the design.

you know for all the grief we give hasbro, at least they are better then mattel. They just announced the Thundercat line and the main villian of the entire franchise is a subscription only figure. not only is that wrong it not fair to international people. at least hasbro tries to get them into euro stores.

you know for all the grief we give hasbro, at least they are better then mattel. They just announced the Thundercat line and the main villian of the entire franchise is a subscription only figure. not only is that wrong it not fair to international people. at least hasbro tries to get them into euro stores.

Exactly! I'm here in the states but I'm keeping the 6" classic versions I got from bandai a few years ago. They could at least release them as a retailer exclusive or something. With each figure's probable price point and their release history, it'll probably take 3 years to just get the original 6 Thundercats!

• 3 months later...

I use to collect this kind of stuff about 10 years ago and I really enjoyed it. I quit collecting and sold my collection (for a nice profit). My son just recently became interested in this hobby and I wanted this to become a hobby we could share together. Unfortunatly, I have found that the price of the figures have gone from $8 to $20+ for new Marvel Legends. I found this very disappointing when looking at this from a finacial point of view, I can't justify paying that much and starting the hobby again. I know everything has gone up in price significantly over the last 10 years, but I really feel this is over the top greed of the manufacturer. Unless you are independently wealthy and money is not relevant to you for more important future purchases, then I would say this hobby is just not worth it. My return to the hobby was very brief but an interesting one. Hopefully I will see a massive clearance sale in the future if other collectors are thinking the same way I am.