Can we talk about the sheer VOLUME of product in 2015?!

DSmith

I've barely been able to keep up with the flow of product, and we've only just entered the back half of the year! It got me to thinking, in 2015 we have received (or it's been announced for this year):

Thor (Marvel NOW)

Iron Fist (white)

Machine Man

Scarlet Witch

Captain Marvel (Danvers)

Hawkeye (Heroic Age)

Sentry

Odin

King Thor (counting him as two cause you can build both as different characters)

Spider-Man (classic)

Spider-Man (2099)

Spider-Woman (Ultimate)

Spider-Girl (May Parker)

Anti-Venom

Hobgoblin (Phil Urich)

Daredevil

Nick Fury (movie)

Maria Hill (movie)

Phil Coulson (movie/TV)

Iron Man (movie)

Captain America (movie)

Hulk (movie)

Hellcat

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Batroc

Thanos

Ant-Man (movie)

Wasp

Giant-Man

Bulldozer

Tiger Shark

Grim Reaper

Ultron (movie)

Dr. Strange (Marvel NOW)

Blizzard

Vision (Marvel NOW)

Iron Man (Marvel NOW)

Thundra

Valkyrie

War Machine (movie)

Hulkbuster Iron Man (movie)

Dr. Strange (Astral)

Brother Voodoo

Dormammu

Hela

Magik

Goliath (6")

Hulk (Mr. Green?)

Vision (white)

Ultron (modern/Beetle repaint)

Ghost Rider (classic)

Superior Venom

Chameleon

J. Jonah Jameson

Hammerhead

Kraven

Misty Knight

Scarlet Spider

White Tiger

Rhino

Thor (movie)

Black Widow (movie)

Hawkeye (movie)

Bruce Banner (movie)

Star-Lord

Rocket Raccoon

Groot

Gamora

Drax

69 figures confirmed for release this year! Counting up releases from 2014, there were 37 figures released. 2013 produced 42 figures. 2012 produced 32.

If you average the amount of figures released over the previous three years (with the launch/return of Marvel Legends in 2012), they average to 37 figures released per year. The releases during 2015 NEARLY DOUBLE that number. 74 would be doubling it, and we are just 5 figures shy of that, so if anything announced at SDCC comes out by December, then they could very well double the annual average. And I didn't count Black Ant or first appearance Daredevil cause their release date wasn't clear.

Best year to be an ML collector EVER?!

And don't think this fact has been lost on Hasbro. In an interview with Shartimus Prime, Dwight Stal stated they've put out more figures than ever before, and later on, I made mention of it to him (I hadn't seen the interview yet) I told him I thought the number was around 80 figs since they started boxing them in the current format. I was wrong. According to DSmisth's list, I was off by 26. That is an incredible amount! This must've been what it felt like to be a Marvel Universe collector...only a lot more expensive! Lol. I love it!

• 3 years later...
On 7/11/2015 at 11:05 AM, DSmith said:

69 figures confirmed for release this year [2015]! Counting up releases from 2014, there were 37 figures released. 2013 produced 42 figures. 2012 produced 32.

If you average the amount of figures released over the previous three years (with the launch/return of Marvel Legends in 2012), they average to 37 figures released per year. The releases during 2015 NEARLY DOUBLE that number. 74 would be doubling it, and we are just 5 figures shy of that, so if anything announced at SDCC comes out by December, then they could very well double the annual average. And I didn't count Black Ant or first appearance Daredevil cause their release date wasn't clear.

Best year to be an ML collector EVER?!

Found this old thread and thought it would be worth resurrecting... From the whopping (lol) 69 figures in 2015, if you use the 2019 ML shopping list round-up over at another site, 2019 is shaping up to include around 105 figures!

In more detail:

• 60 mainline figures spread across 9 BAF waves (assumes some unannounced figures to round out waves, plus a third 6-figure Avengers wave late in the year)
  • 17 80th Anniversary figures spread across 7 2-packs and 3 individual figures
  • 6 Vintage carded figures (4 announced plus 2 unannounced to round out the wave)
  • 3 Ultimate Riders
  • 10 figures in 5 2-Packs
  • 3 figures in 1 3-Pack
  • 6 individual exclusive figures

And note that this doesn't include anything for SDCC or other unannounced surprises.

Now in case you're wondering, if you use a $19.99 price point for most figures, and a $24.99 price point for the 80th Anniversary figures (like the 10th anniversary figures, and with adjustments for Juggernaut & Hulk), the total bill for 2019 comes to around $2,250(!!!). Of course it will cost you more if you want multiples of things like the Hawkeye / Black Widow 2-pack for bodies to go with the extra heads, or less if you're a comic-only or MCU-only shopper.

Plan your budget accordingly!

This is the most enlightening necro-bumps ever.  Also one of the most exciting/depressing.  I absolutely envy you guys who can buy all of these, but I have to keep my budget to X-characters I like and maybe one or two others if I get an amazon gift card or something.  Regardless, what a time to be a collector eh?