Toy Biz that last the time

DoomMD

Hey, long time lurker here. I have been collecting since the first Spider-Man classics line. Wanted to poll you all and see which of the Toy Biz figures do you not only feel are the best version of the character, but you don't feel you need a new one. Mine is series 2 Thing. I feel his scale still works and his sculp is great. The few Things since have not really come close. Thoughts?

I agree with you about the Thing, and I think series one Iron Man is still the best classic version. The armor has enough bulk to really look like there's somebody inside.

I think series eight Man-Thing and the MODOK build-a-figure are just about perfect as well.

Then there's face-off Hulk. Still the best Hulk figure ever.

Like damprime I think the BAFs were perfect. Face Off Captain America, Colossus, Man-Thing, Rhino, Hobgoblin, Lizard, most other Spider-Man villains, and the McFarlane/Campbell Spider-Man come to mind as well.

Like damprime I think the BAFs were perfect. Face Off Captain America, Colossus, Man-Thing, Rhino, Hobgoblin, Lizard, most other Spider-Man villains, and the McFarlane/Campbell Spider-Man come to mind as well.

I agree both Colossus were perfect. Most of the Xmen or at least half of them were done right. Especially the classics Iceman, Beast and Gambit. If I don't get Hasbro versions of those guys I won't be heartbroken. They look good the way they are. But a Rogue in any form would be good right about now. I mean I have both of the TBs and feel really screwed with the joke of a Jim Lee they put out. She needs to be a variant of whatever one they do decide to give us.

Good topic, and welcome out of the lurker shadows!

Still strong enough to stay, IMO:

ML2 Namor

ML4 Beast & Gambit

ML5 Colossus & Mr. Fantastic (they never did better on Reed's face)

ML6 Brown Wolverine & Doop

ML8 Doctor Octopus

ML Fearsome Foes Vulture

ML10 Mr. Sinister

ML12 Sasquatch, Bishop, & BAF Apocalypse

ML Face-Off Hulk

ML Young Avengers (All)

ML13 Pyro, Green Goblin, Blackheart

ML Wal-Mart Wave Classic Thor, Kitty Pryde, AOA Wolverine, and BAF Giant-Man

ML14 Longshot, classic Baron Zemo, 1st Appearance Iron Man (silver or gold), BAF Mojo

ML15 Captain Marvel, Genis-Vell, Thorbuster Iron Man, Beta Ray Bill, BAF MODOK

ML Face-Off 2 Classic Sabretooth, 1st Appearance Wolverine, Jigsaw

That's it. I'd prefer a remake on everything else, or they already did, or I don't care about the character.

ML2 - Namor

ML4 - Beast, Gambit, Punisher

ML5 - Blade (The head sculpt could be better but everything else was good enough for me), Colossus, Nick Fury

ML6 - Juggernaut, Wolverine (Brown)

ML8 - Dr. Octopus, Man-Thing

ML9 - Bulleye, Deathlok, Nightcrawler, Professor X, BAF Galactus

ML10 - Black Panther, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, BAF Sentinel

ML12 - Bishop, Wolverine (Astonishing), Sasquatch

ML13 - Blackheart

ML14 - Baron Zemo BAF Mojo

ML15 - Beta Ray Bill BAF MODOK

MLWalmart - Classic Thor, BAF Giant Man

Face-off - Sabertooth, Jigsaw, Kingpin, Captain America, Hulk

Young Avengers - Patriot, Wiccan, Hulking

Fearsome Foes - Rhino, Lizard, Classic Vulture

I feel like the TB were cool depending on whose artwork and which uniform he was wearing. The only thing that bothered me was the inconsistency in height. I don't want my 5'3 Logan standing shoulder to shoulder to my 6'3 Cyclops or Cap. Other than that I thought most had nice sculpts. As for Hasbro I like the Red Hulk series and my Xforce version. The rest I've passed over if I could or they've been custom fodder.

like most people have been saying, (alot of these are only cause I don't want them to take up a much need character space)

• most of the bafs (sorry Hasbro won with Galactus while TB won with Sentinel. I also not a big fan of the Onslaught or Apocalypse)
  • ML3 beast and gambit
  • ML5 Colossus
  • ML8 Man-thing (one of my faves)
  • ML9 Deathlok (could get remain considering his role in AOS) and Bullseye
  • ML10 Omega red and Sinister
  • ML 11Vengeance
  • ML 12 Sasquatch and Maestro
  • ML 15 Captain Marvel

I cannot agree on Namor or the thing. none of the companies have done them justice but I do think the new Namor look nice..

You're joking right? That TB Elektra/Rouge/Black Cat body was horrible! That sculpt on that rogue just as bad. The other female bodies were okay as well as the sculpts. Except for the Black Widow who suffered from, well look. See the resemblance? lol Kitty, Wasp, Storm and Ms Marvel were my favorites from them. The Jim Lee Rogue could've been better on one of those other bodies as well.

post-26135-0-25657700-1440165093_thumb.jpg

post-26135-0-51336600-1440165457_thumb.jpg

I was just joking. Her body and color scheme were perfect for her classic comic look. But that sculpt is manly in my opinion. Rogue could've used that body, the wasp body, or even the Psylocke body though. All three were way better than the one she came on. That's the main reason there's such a demand for a new one. If you check any of the custom sites and forums, the Jim Lee Rouge is easily the most frequently done. Almost every customizer has done one. I'm just holding out hope before doing one. The best thing about her to me was the jacket though. It covered up those stringy arms.

As some of you know from reading my posts, I'm not a fan of remakes, at least not while Hasbro is still doing BAF's. Having said that, the loophole is that there was never a Hasbro Marvel Legend of Jim Lee Rogue, or a ML of Jim Lee Cyclops at all. And I also must admit that today's body and head sculpts put the old ones, both Toybiz and Hasbro to shame. It's gotten to the point where they seem like two different toy lines.

As some of you know from reading my posts, I'm not a fan of remakes, at least not while Hasbro is still doing BAF's. Having said that, the loophole is that there was never a Hasbro Marvel Legend of Jim Lee Rogue, or a ML of Jim Lee Cyclops at all. And I also must admit that today's body and head sculpts put the old ones, both Toybiz and Hasbro to shame. It's gotten to the point where they seem like two different toy lines.