DoomMD

Best Cape?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best type of cape.

• Rubbery Toy Biz
    • Cloth Cape
    • Bendable plastic capes like older Hasbro
    • Hard plastic like current Hasbro

So I got Grim Reaper and I love the figure except the cape. Not the worse cape (hate the new Sentry one) but not what I like. I decided to put a cloth cape from the old TMNT Shredder on him and he looks awesome. I think cloth capes are the best for figures but a lot of people liked the old Toy Biz rubbery ones. I figured I would do a poll to see what people think.

post-64737-0-36992700-1440355688_thumb.jpg

I think it depends on the material and look of the cape (in regards to soft goods). Take Gamora (from the new 5 pack) for example. Her poncho looks cheap and cheesy (to me at least) while her hard cape looks good (once again, to me). Look at the SDCC 2015 Batman V Superman 2 pack. They both come with soft goods capes and they both look good (shoulda had more patience and waited on line for a set). The funny thing is there are a score of problems with the articulation on both figures, as well as some sculpt issues, but the capes are great! And I know Hasbro can make soft goods capes look good. Just look at Darth Vader from the Star Wars line.

I think it depends on the material and look of the cape (in regards to soft goods). Take Gamora (from the new 5 pack) for example. Her poncho looks cheap and cheesy (to me at least) while her hard cape looks good (once again, to me). Look at the SDCC 2015 Batman V Superman 2 pack. They both come with soft goods capes and they both look good (shoulda had more patience and waited on line for a set). The funny thing is there are a score of problems with the articulation on both figures, as well as some sculpt issues, but the capes are great! And I know Hasbro can make soft goods capes look good. Just look at Darth Vader from the Star Wars line.

I agree. I really prefer cloth if they are tailored right. Those new ones suck!

I prefer the old ToyBiz capes to be honest. I think soft goods capes can be good, but they do sometimes look "off" as they're not the norm. The other problem I have with soft goods capes is that they don't always hold up well. Now that isn't to say I like the rubbery cape of Doctor Strange or the robe from Mandarin, those were going too far. Something more like Moon Knight or Sentry from ToyBiz is to me the ideal cape.

On another note, I like the cape on Hela from this year's SDCC pack and if more were like that I suppose it could be a good thing a nice mix of soft goods and plastic.

I actually prefer the newer Hasbro capes.
If sculpted correctly, they convey motion in a way that I appreciate.
I also like the newer Vision/Reaper cape because of the added space between cape and back, and the slenderness around the lower back, which gives a lot of room to pose.

Do I suggest they keep using that particular cape again and again? No thank you.
Just keep adding what you learn to newer figures.

The old rubbery Toy Biz ones get sticky on mine a lot.
The cloth ones stand out too much because of the enormously different material compared to the rest of the figure.

The old Hasbro ones never gave the freedom of movement implied, whilst also often not sturdy enough to helpfully assist in posing.

To each his/her own I guess.