ML Collection Thread

tarot

Just now, michiganjfrog said:

its either between that one or the two pack with yellow jacket, just cause I loved his design in the movie..i may end up with both 😄

oh yeah like I said the 10th anniversary one is def a top contender it's certainly the best MCU Ant-man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am curious is everyone displaying their 80th Anniversary figures in the boxes or posed on your shelf?  I’m torn about opening them.  I still have all the MCU 10 year Anniversary figures in the boxes.  Years ago I would often buy 2 so I could open one to display and keep one in the box, but that got to be too much with thumbtacking the boxes to my wall.  I slowly stared selling off my older stuff with the newer Hasbro replacements a few years back and I am currently selling off almost my entire collection of 12 inch Star Wars figures to make room on my shelves for Legends, Black Series and select DC figures.  I’m not looking to sell my MCU 10 Year figures or the 80th Year Anniversary figures so I am not looking to the future with their reduced value if I open them.  

10 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

I am curious is everyone displaying their 80th Anniversary figures in the boxes or posed on your shelf?  I’m torn about opening them.  I still have all the MCU 10 year Anniversary figures in the boxes.  Years ago I would often buy 2 so I could open one to display and keep one in the box, but that got to be too much with thumbtacking the boxes to my wall.  I slowly stared selling off my older stuff with the newer Hasbro replacements a few years back and I am currently selling off almost my entire collection of 12 inch Star Wars figures to make room on my shelves for Legends, Black Series and select DC figures.  I’m not looking to sell my MCU 10 Year figures or the 80th Year Anniversary figures so I am not looking to the future with their reduced value if I open them.  

I display mine on the shelf (although tbh due to lack of shelf space a lot go in plastic bins when i'm not using them).  The packaging for both 10th and 80th is nice so i'm hanging onto it, however i pull out all the tabs and collapse/flatten the cardboard box to save space and throw out the plastic trays.  While i do have a few figures still boxed up, i get a lot of enjoyment from posing figures so on general principle i open them. To each his own, though

Figures currently still in boxes:  Jugg wave Deadpool,  toybiz Blade, AIM soldier, Hydra soldier and Hydra 2-pack,  Vintage Wave Black Widow,  a few 90s Spawn figures,  and  finally the ones i'm surprised by myself... Worthy Cap and the 2017 sdcc Asgard set.

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I display mine on the shelf (although tbh due to lack of shelf space a lot go in plastic bins when i'm not using them).  The packaging for both 10th and 80th is nice so i'm hanging onto it, however i pull out all the tabs and collapse/flatten the cardboard box to save space and throw out the plastic trays.  While i do have a few figures still boxed up, i get a lot of enjoyment from posing figures so on general principle i open them. To each his own, though

Figures currently still in boxes:  Jugg wave Deadpool,  toybiz Blade, AIM soldier, Hydra soldier and Hydra 2-pack,  Vintage Wave Black Widow,  a few 90s Spawn figures,  and  finally the ones i'm surprised by myself... Worthy Cap and the 2017 sdcc Asgard set.

I also have that Deadpool in box! It's damaged so there's no real value, but I really like that box's art!

I've also kept the packaging for the 10th anniversary, But I plan to cut it out and make a wall poster instead of ALL the box. I also tend to cut the side art from the boxes... Might make a collage one day.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, CO_Alex said:

I am curious is everyone displaying their 80th Anniversary figures in the boxes or posed on your shelf?  I’m torn about opening them.  I still have all the MCU 10 year Anniversary figures in the boxes.  Years ago I would often buy 2 so I could open one to display and keep one in the box, but that got to be too much with thumbtacking the boxes to my wall.  I slowly stared selling off my older stuff with the newer Hasbro replacements a few years back and I am currently selling off almost my entire collection of 12 inch Star Wars figures to make room on my shelves for Legends, Black Series and select DC figures.  I’m not looking to sell mMCU 10 Year figures or the 80th Year Anniversary figures so I am not looking to the future with their reduced value if I open them.  

In my Opinion it defeats all purpose to leave figures in a Box, I know alot of my friends do, I take every figure out (except for a bunch of random figs I just kept in boxes, none being Marvel Legends, I got a Supernatural fig on card, Puppet Master Exclusive Totem, Kenner Swamp Thing, 8-Bet TRU exclusive Jason Vorheez and a Wildcat Daemonite, 8-bit Batman, Skeleton Warriors Aracula, and honestly I don't even know why they are still boxed) But Never a Legend (except Venom Wave Carnage, because I love that white box, and already own him)

It's no fun to keep them in Boxes

but with that being said I do keep the boxes as there own collection!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a terrible photographer, but here's my collection. A few of them are pretty well-obscured, but this is every X-Men-related figure in the Infinite Series, including all exclusives and Deadpool waves, with the exception of one or two fan channel 80th figures that just haven't made it in to my shop yet (Cowboy Logan, etc.), and with the addition of one older figure. I need to get some flight stands and build some props to help thin out the crowds and make it more visually interesting. I want to try to make one shelf look like the danger room, and maybe the other look like the Savage Land or something.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Benn said:

I'm a terrible photographer, but here's my collection. A few of them are pretty well-obscured, but this is every X-Men-related figure in the Infinite Series, including all exclusives and Deadpool waves, with the exception of one or two fan channel 80th figures that just haven't made it in to my shop yet (Cowboy Logan, etc.), and with the addition of one older figure. I need to get some flight stands and build some props to help thin out the crowds and make it more visually interesting. I want to try to make one shelf look like the danger room, and maybe the other look like the Savage Land or something.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

image.jpg

That looks pretty sweet man!! Congratulations!!! You've got some Star Wars too!! I wish I'd jumped on the Tie Fighter when I had the chance!!

20 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

That looks pretty sweet man!! Congratulations!!! You've got some Star Wars too!! I wish I'd jumped on the Tie Fighter when I had the chance!!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not as fanatical when it comes to my Star Wars collecting, but I do love some Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorians, among other random characters. The TIE Fighter is awesome, but so absurdly impractically large, I definitely get why a lot of people passed on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, memocromatico said:

I passed on the Tie Fighter when it was down to $25, but I was just picking up the Black Widow and Ghost Rider rider sets along with a few other figures and didn’t want to drop another $25.  I’ve regretted that one, but often wonder where the heck I would have displayed it.  

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...