Official NYCC 2015 ML Discussion

tarot

the NYCC is starting tonight. so hear is the official thread for the news and discussions ML.

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=19479

Just a few thing before then though (if any other mods think there should be something else please add)

1. DO NOT POST PICS OR LINK TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol :P
  2. Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all SDCC news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MOD see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  3. Try and keep wishlist til after the SDCC, (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in make a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post SDCC Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG!!!!!

first of all Rogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not just any Rogue but a new sculpt Jim Lee Rogue!!!!!!! It look like they might be having a Onslaught wave for X-men or she could be exclusive to Walgreens or something.

Sharon Carter- This saves me alot of money as I was going to try to buy the 2 pack. White Suit and all

Whirlwind - Awesome. I love that hasbro is giving us more villians

Scourge- D-men version!!! we finally have Dustin!!

Serpent Squad member- Not sure of who this particular member is but It nice tht we are starting a new team.

OMFG!!!!!

first of all Rogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not just any Rogue but a new sculpt Jim Lee Rogue!!!!!!! It look like they might be having a Onslaught wave for X-men or she could be exclusive to Walgreens or something.

Sharon Carter- This saves me alot of money as I was going to try to buy the 2 pack. White Suit and all

Whirlwind - Awesome. I love that hasbro is giving us more villians

Scourge- D-men version!!! we finally have Dustin!!

Serpent Squad member- Not sure of who this particular member is but It nice tht we are starting a new team.

First of all: ROGUE!!!!!!! YES.

Second, the Onslaught head is probably just an alternate for the the Red Skull Onslaught.

Third, Mockingbird! (saw her at SDCC, but still looks good)

Fourth, I will be buying all of these for the BAF, but the rest of characters are not significant for me.

Also, I am damn happy that Hasbro is putting out any X-Men characters given Disney's anti-mutant agenda. In fact, with the alternate Onslaught head they are putting 2 X-Men characters out. Even more awesome.

Hopes:

Dazzler

Polaris

Enchantress

Multiple Man

Sauron

Sif

Fears:

Iron Man

Captain America

Wolverine

Hulk

This is pretty exciting! So now with the helmet to make this a regular Onslaught, this marks the first time a character has been "B.A.F.ed" twice. Glad for Whirlwind (I'm surprised he didn't get included in the Ant-Man wave) as well as Cottonmouth. I just hope he comes with an alternate head that demonstrates his ability to extend his jaws (he can get them wide enough to bite off someone's head). So glad they've begun bringing us the Serpent Society. I have customs of nearly the entire team minus Sidewinder and Death Adder. And of course...ROGUE!!! As most of you know, I'm no fan of redos, but with the current body sculpts for females (look at Sharon Carter), I'm on board for all past female characters to get redone.

Does anyone know if anything was said about the 3.75" line's articulation?

Weren't there going to be no X-Men figures at all because of Marvel/Disney's totally true "full anti-mutant agenda"? Nice to see they also managed to give us an Onslaught head.

My hope is for Hasbro to try to catch up with the comics and release figures based on the current appearances of characters. The new Thor, Sam Wilson as Captain America, Marquez' Iron Man, Bachalo's Doctor Strange, Garney's Daredevil. That type of stuff. More synergy.

I hate when they release figures based on now-outdated looks, like releasing the Extremis Iron Man four years after Tony stopped using said armor, releasing Iron Patriot when Dark Reign had ended three years earlier, that type of stuff.

We did this for SDCC. Let see how our Ideal waves came out

• Wave 1
    • Captain America (Classic)

• Taskmaster

• Mockingbird / Songbird - Screaming Sirens (both have sonic power and it would be good opportunity to release songbird)

• Red Guardian / Captain Britian - International Patriots

• Scourge

• BAF: Red Onslaught

• Wave 2
    • Movie Cap

• Movie Iron Man (we know it will happen)

• Nuke

• Namor / Jim Hammond - The Invaders

• Sin / Diamondback - Serpent Society (Crossed this out since we are starting to get SS members)

• BAF: Abombination

• Wave 3
    • Sam Wilson Captain America

• Sharon Carter / Quake - Agents of Shield

• Movie Baron Zemo

• Movie Black Panther

• Count Nafaria / Grey Gargoyle

• BAF: Mr. Hyde

Spider-man (must have some sort of Spider-man)

• Wave 5
    • Spider-man Noir

• Kaine (classic)

• Colleen Wing / Silver Sable - Heroes for Hire

• Power Man

• Vulture / Mysterio (new sculpt)

• BAF: Man-Spider

• Wave 6
    • Black suited Spider-man (get it out of the way)

• Spider-ham / Spider-Monkey - Spiders of the wild (each come with a different version of arms for the BAF)

• Cloak and Dagger

• Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)

• Puma / Jackal - Beasts of Science

• BAF: Sandman (like I said Ham and Monkey comes with interchangable parts and othe may come with a sand tower or a pair of legs)

• Wave 7 (since Stegie is a big character I think 8 figure might be able to make him).
    • Spider-man India / Manga - Spiders of the east

• Mary Jane (with pack in Ms Lion) / Jackpot - Fighting reds (would it is hard to come up with names

• Beetle (Classic) / Mach-VI(or whatever number he is) - Abe Jenkins

• Green Goblin (since we seem to be getting a Hobgoblin a obvious repaint is need)

• Tarantula (remake)

• BAF: Stegron

Dr. Strange

• Wave 1
    • Movie Strange

• Baron Mordo / Nightmare - Despot of the Dark Demension

• Clea

• Blade

• Daimon Hellstrom

• BAF: Shuma-Gorath

X-men (exclusive wave)

• Wave 1
    • Movie Gambit

• Movie Deadpool

• Moonstar / Rogue

• Toad / Avalanche

• Arcade

• BAF: Nimrod

• X-men wave 2
    • Jim Lee's Cyclops

• Uncanny Avengers Havok

• Psylocke (on the new sculpt) and Dazzler

• Bastion / Sabastion Shaw - Hellfire Club

• Sunfire

• BAF: Sauron

Netflix series(exclusive wave) -

• Daredvil and Jessica Jones Wave (since they are the only one out soon)
    • Daredevil (the one that the black TV costume)

• Jewel

• Elektra

• Purple man / The Owl - Crime lords of hate

• Kingpin

• BAF: Gladiator

Not bad at all. Not that I was expecting a huge reveal, never happens for NYCC. I love the fact that I almost predicted Wave 1 of Civil war.

I love how hasbro isn't afraid to really dig into the Rogue Galleries. I mean Cottonmouth!? I haven't even heard of him until some one told me.

He will be in the Luke Cage tv series.

There's actually a couple villains with the name Cottonmouth, I think they're going to use the other one, Cornell Cottonmouth (no relation to this one from what I remember) this one's just a Serpent Society member. But still a great choice for a Cap/Avengers villain.

I love how hasbro isn't afraid to really dig into the Rogue Galleries. I mean Cottonmouth!? I haven't even heard of him until some one told me.

He will be in the Luke Cage tv series.

There's actually a couple villains with the name Cottonmouth, I think they're going to use the other one, Cornell Cottonmouth (no relation to this one from what I remember) this one's just a Serpent Society member. But still a great choice for a Cap/Avengers villain.

Gotcha, just assumed it was Cornell not Clemens, I haven't seem any pics yet.

I love that new Rogue. We really needed a new better version of her. The Jim Lee version of her is my favorite but I am still kinda sad we did not get the other one they showed to us some years ago. That one looked pretty cool. I hope we get new better versions of Jim Lee Cyclops and a new Kitty Pride would be cool too. Also would like to see Dazzler and Polaris make their way into Legends.

Rogue: PERFECT

I would assume she's going to be in the Onslaught wave since she will come with an alternate head for the BAF (which... THANK GOD. Did not intend to display an Onslaught with that nonsense Red Skull head). Only other way it makes sense is as a Walgreens Exclusive extension of the Onslaught wave when that wave comes out. She's a complete must-have for me. Don't care how much I need to pay or where I need to go to get her. She will be mine. This necessitates a Gambit remake for me. And Jim Lee Cyclops. And classic white dress Mystique.

Cottonmouth: Never heard of him, but glad they're starting the Serpent Society. Hope they continue and finish the team!

Sharon Carter: The character is MEH for me, but I get it and it makes sense. I was a little dismayed at the kit-bash of movie Maria Hill body, with unreleased Marvel NOW Rogue head/hair, but will buy her also.

Whirlwind: THRILLED!

Always enjoyed his design and good to have another mutant and significant Avengers villain.

People keep mentioning a 90's X-Men wave and that seems like a real possibility given that there has been renewed interest in that era of Jim Lee. The 90's X-men comic series could be what they base the new wave from, why else would you make a Jim Lee Rogue and not release the modern one in an Avengers line? Hoping they include:

Gambit (could really use a new one, even though I do love the Toy Biz Gambit, hope they don't kit bash the same trench coat AGAIN)

Jubilee (one that is not going for over a 100 dollars on ebay, classic costume?)

Psylocke (repaint the SDCC exclusive and you're set)

Morph? (can take or leave this character, but why not?)

CABLE! (Please make a new Cable!!! Maybe even as a BAF, just one that is actually taller than Hope Summers!!!)

Cyclops (Always loved the Jim Lee costume but always hated how the previous JL Cyke was too skinny and wiry)

Apocalypse BAF (The Toy Biz Apocalypse was my first Marvel Legends fig and I love it, but was never wild about it in comparison to how he looks in the comics, so a new imposing BAF would be great, but will gladly pass up on that for a BAF CABLE!!!!)

Don't need a new Beast as his Toy Biz one is perfect

Wishful thinking on not getting another Wolverine, but still fingers crossed, though i suppose a new Logan in the classic black, yellow and blue could be cool.

Prof X in his hover chair would be okay, but I'm pretty fine with the Prof X from Toy Biz, don't really need to replace him.

I keep thinking of characters that stood out in the 90's cartoon, maybe a new Sabertooth? Though i like my Toy Biz Series V one.

Any major players from that era that you'd like to see added????

People keep mentioning a 90's X-Men wave and that seems like a real possibility given that there has been renewed interest in that era of Jim Lee. The 90's X-men comic series could be what they base the new wave from, why else would you make a Jim Lee Rogue and not release the modern one in an Avengers line? Hoping they include:

Gambit (could really use a new one, even though I do love the Toy Biz Gambit, hope they don't kit bash the same trench coat AGAIN)

The Toybiz Gambit is good enough that there's no need for a redo. However, if Hasbro did redo him, I don't think we have to worry about a soft goods coat.

Jubilee (one that is not going for over a 100 dollars on ebay, classic costume?)

Psylocke (repaint the SDCC exclusive and you're set)

Morph? (can take or leave this character, but why not?)

CABLE! (Please make a new Cable!!! Maybe even as a BAF, just one that is actually taller than Hope Summers!!!)

Now THIS is a character in need of an ACCURATE redo! Particularly his height needs to be done correctly. Cable is taller than Thor [which for some reason, Hasbro has zero problem making TOO tall]!

Cyclops (Always loved the Jim Lee costume but always hated how the previous JL Cyke was too skinny and wiry)

Since he never came out in Marvel Legends, I can see a remake of him, possibly the Bucky Cap mold suits.

Apocalypse BAF (The Toy Biz Apocalypse was my first Marvel Legends fig and I love it, but was never wild about it in comparison to how he looks in the comics, so a new imposing BAF would be great, but will gladly pass up on that for a BAF CABLE!!!!)

We'very gotten two figures of Apocalypse already. The standalone looks more imposing (and accurate) to the way Nur usually looks, but maybe an Age of Apocalypse B.A.F? Always thought he looked kool with a cape, plus we have a few AOA figures, but no Apocalypse.

Don't need a new Beast as his Toy Biz one is perfect

In total agreement! Not much negative you can say about a figure you can stand on one hand!

Wishful thinking on not getting another Wolverine, but still fingers crossed, though i suppose a new Logan in the classic black, yellow and blue could be cool.

Also agreed on the wishful thinking. We'very already gotten two of these, one from Hasbro and one from Toybiz (technically three if you include the unmasked version). They were all too large though. If this comes to pass,and we HAVE to get another one, maybe the height of the Astonishing X-Men, but stockier?

Prof X in his hover chair would be okay, but I'm pretty fine with the Prof X from Toy Biz, don't really need to replace him.

What about in his field uniform?

I keep thinking of characters that stood out in the 90's cartoon, maybe a new Sabertooth? Though i like my Toy Biz Series V one.

The how about an accurate Avalanche? We still don't have one of those. Not to mention Destiny. The Mystique Brotherhood isn't complete without her.

Any major players from that era that you'd like to see added????

I would rather have a Sauron B.A.F. instead of En Sabah Nur, especially after seeing the custom Hasbro made for the 2015 SDCC.