Official NYCC 2015 ML Discussion

tarot

Okay since no one will say it I will. The X-men wave will have a Wolverine or a Cyclops or both. They are basically standard for any X-men based waves. They are basically what Spider-man is to his line and what Cap is to the Civil War line. Sorry but it's going to happen.

So true. Like I said, since it IS inevitable, at least make em accurate. A short and stocky Wolverine would work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if the X-Men Wave is offcial, we should start listing our hopes, for me it goes like this:

Jim Lee Rogue (thats the one revealed) / Modern Variant

Jim Lee Cyclops

Polaris / Classic Psylocke

Havok

Cable / Bishop

Old Man Logan

The BAF should be Nimrod and the alternate Onslaught Head.

A Lilandra would be great and also a Professor X with the hoverchair

why oh why are people asking for a 92 x-man wave?!

we have over 60 years of costumes. just because we are getting a jim lee Rogue does not mean we are getting more Jim Lee figures.

And more to the point, why, oh why do people continue to want the same versions of figures redone?!? 53 years of so many characters (many of whom a lot of us would love to see in ML form), and yet people continue to want to bog down these waves and spend even more money on the same versions. And if you suggest Hasbro release them as standalone store exclusives with zero impact to Build-a-Figure waves, you'll get an argument! If you missed out on a figure that you wanted, well I know this sounds callous but that's on YOU! If you want it bad enough, you'll just have to go to the secondary market. Better YOU spend scalper prices than I and many others having to spend (currently ) $20 on a character we already have In a particular costume in order to complete a BAF! AND for those that simply didn't like the way a character came out, I've been there too and the bottom line is, at least we got the character! That's another one off the list! Hasbro doesn't put out so many of these that we can just wait for new characters while they waste wave space trying to "get it right" for people dissatisfied with the 1st attempt.

As for why I want a X-Men 92 wave... I grew up watching the cartoon every Saturday morning. I love the costumes and the story. To me the Jim Lee era was the best era of comics ever. I guess it's kinda like adults that collect wrestling figures want characters from their childhood. Adults just remember the things from their childhood with fondness. One day you may look back and want a new Captain America figure or a Justin Beiber cd. Hope this question wasn't rhetorical.

we have over 60 years of costumes. just because we are getting a jim lee Rogue does not mean we are getting more Jim Lee figures.

And more to the point, why, oh why do people continue to want the same versions of figures redone?!? 53 years of so many characters (many of whom a lot of us would love to see in ML form), and yet people continue to want to bog down these waves and spend even more money on the same versions. And if you suggest Hasbro release them as standalone store exclusives with zero impact to Build-a-Figure waves, you'll get an argument! If you missed out on a figure that you wanted, well I know this sounds callous but that's on YOU! If you want it bad enough, you'll just have to go to the secondary market. Better YOU spend scalper prices than I and many others having to spend (currently ) $20 on a character we already have In a particular costume in order to complete a BAF! AND for those that simply didn't like the way a character came out, I've been there too and the bottom line is, at least we got the character! That's another one off the list! Hasbro doesn't put out so many of these that we can just wait for new characters while they waste wave space trying to "get it right" for people dissatisfied with the 1st attempt.

I would agree with you on a few figures but there are so many bad figure from both Hasbro and Toybiz that have gotten new much better toys.

compare and constrast:

• Ultron- tb against the 2 new Hasbro Versions
  • Scarlet Witch- tb against the new hasbro version
  • Spider-woman - tb against the new hasbro version
  • Wasp - tb against the new one
  • Namor - the tb against first hasbro version against the new one coming out
  • Scarlet Spider- the TB Spidey classic version against the new Hasbro one, while you are at it the first Ben Reilly spidey from hasbro against the one coming up
  • Emma Frost - Hasbro first version and the new version
  • Kraven - TB versions and the Hasbro version
  • Morbius - TB vs Hasbro
  • Carnage - TB VS Hasbro
  • Nova - Hasbro vs new Hasbro

and these are only the ones I spotted on myself. im not saying they should do redoes. I'm saying they should do one that were bad. not ones that you can't buy anymore or have another version out.

You mean like black suit Spider-Man? I pulled my ML one out and for the life of me, I cannot find any reason it should be redone. Can't play the "color apps" game. Only so many ways you can apply black and white. There's also nothing wrong with the articulation save for missing ankle rockers. Do we need anot u er black suit just because of that? And in a BAF wave at that? Really?!?

well considering that most of the employee are from both companies that arguement about different companies doesn't really fly. but the have improve immensely

also Rukkdezz, you also seem to forget one thing. one wave of figures may be someone first wave ever. if that wave has a figure that already been made then that newbie would be saving money. Veterans like us complain about getting redoes but none of us think of the new guys coming in.

as for Black Suit spider-man, I just want a new version on that awesome new Spidey buck. Hell I want as many spidey costumes on that buck. Iron Spider, Armor Spider, Alternate spider-men, etc. why? well mainly cause i want to build my Spider-verse to the extreme, and have all the Spider-men (peter parkers) be the same height and build.

Like someone said I think the early nineties were when the X-Men were at their best. The tv show was modeled after that look and the character roster had a smaller group of what was on the comic team. Personally I just want a redo of a Jim Lee Cyclops. The Toybiz version was too skinny. Psylocke would be cool too but I can live with the X Force version. The rest of the Toybiz versions I am cool with.

Everyone has different tastes. You may want the entire Marvel Universe made into figures but some of us only want certain ones and want them to look their best. You can't please everyone. I am guessing looking at it from a bushiness point of view, Hasbro sees them making more money by redoing alot of these characters so thats where they are going. Trying to hook new customers. They are going to go the money route every time.

If Hasbro CAN do better than Toy BIZ on certain looks, they should. TB Wasp in her black and yellow looks like Liza Minnelli wearing a diaper under her costume. Proportions are a mess. New Wasp was AMAZING.

Scarlet Witch used to be called Scarlet Mitch with her five o'clock shadow! Remember? Now she looks amazing, curvaceous, imposing, and has power effects.

They redid Black Widow, awful Hasbro1 Emma Frost, Psylocke, Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel, Black Cat... are you kidding that these aren't worthwhile updates? LMAO Google for some side-by-side pics of the old and the new and really tell me if it's worth getting a Squirrel Girl cause she hasn't been done before, instead of a really STRONG remake of a really iconic, popular character that wasn't done well the first time around before advancements in sculpt, paint apps, articulation and scale. And if you have to actually have this argument with fans who DO want the remakes, our money is keeping this line going also, so in Hasbro's eyes, our opinion and taste is just as valid. Thanks.

I like eljun83's list, but I don't see us getting another Emma Frost for a while. To tweak that list...

Jim Lee Rogue (Walgreens Exclusive; with Onslaught head BAF piece)

X-Men Wave:

Polaris (modern) / Jim Lee Storm (Pearlescent white)

Cable

Wolverine (Patch)

Jim Lee Cyclops / Havok (modern)

Gambit (90s remake)

Multiple Man (alternate heads for different expressions)

Avalanche (classic)

BAF: Sauron

Everybody has some good points. In my opinion Black Bolt and the new Daredevils were unecessary. The ones that came in the Nemesis wave were excellent! Besides that new male body is already catching up to the Bullseye mold everyone started complaining about for the same reason. I would like some variety in the bases like before.

Now there are some characters that are dying for another go or update. Rogue,Scarlet Witch and most if not all the ladies they've done were musts. A few of the guys not so much. Wolverine has been great in all of his uniforms that really matter at the right height with most of them. I don't need any more unless he undergoes a significant change in style. Same with Spider Man but he has to lead his line in each wave somehow for the kiddies. Of course Iron Man has so many different armors I don't mind. But an entire wave based on early 90s Jim Lee design ? I say no. Cyclops(TB one anorexic), Xavier, Jubilee and Psylocke(TB not so good) I would love. The rest of those guys you should find online. Toy Biz did excellent jobs on them. Especially Beast and Gambit. There are other characters and looks from the past that people would like to see that haven't been done. Havok's all new X Factor and the original X Force just to start. There's already a Havok in his classic uniform. It never changed until he led the second X Factor team. Artist Larry Stroman designed that team's look. One of his more modern designs would be great as well.

That entire Nemesis wave needed a redo.

They redid Nova (10x better, and a smarter costume choice), Daredevil (should never have been so tiny), Black Bolt (just compare FACE sculpts, much less body, it's also 10x better). They redid Punisher, much better. The entire scale of the Nemesis wave is way off. Tigra looks smaller than the Jubilee body, her head is like a jelly bean.

I wouldn't mind a remake of Tigra or even Nemesis/Holocaust, because I'm sure he could be done better with a "from the ground up" redesign. Only one I'd pass on remaking is cat-face Astonishing Beast, just because I am still clinging to my ML4 Toy Biz Beast.

In fact the entire era of early Hasbro is an epic fail. Here's the only worthwhile figures to come out of that era:

Annihilus wave: Hercules, Banshee (though I transplanted my Banshee head onto the standard yellow/blue X-uniform Wolverine body). This was the wave with awful Emma Frost who has already been redone.

Blob wave: She-Hulk, Blob, and possibly Yellowjacket, but wouldn't mind a redo of him either. Quicksilver needs a remake. Hate that body he and YJ are on.

Ronan wave: Mole Man. Even he could use better paint apps, like they overhauled the Dr. Doom with a better paint application later on. All the rest are tiny downscaled embarrassments.

Queen Brood wave: Queen Brood, Rachel Grey, Black Knight, and I guess Danger. Hydra soldier was redone better, Astonishing Cyclops was remade.

Fin Fang Foom wave: Fin Fang Foom and Wendigo, I could even buy a better Doc Samson and I don't care about his character. Absorbing Man is being redone in better scale.

Red Hulk wave: Maybe Red Hulk. But even he looks too angular and cartoony. All the rest are a waste. Adam Warlock particularly could use a complete redesign. Spiral would be done better nowadays also.

Ares wave: Just Ares and Crossbones. Kang is tiny, they're all tiny. Guardian looks like a happy meal toy. That one is screaming for a remake. Vision was a downgrade from TB's version. Just pathetic sculpts. This Ben Reilly Spider-Man is being remade also, isn't it?

They redid Nova (10x better, and a smarter costume choice), Daredevil (should never have been so tiny), Black Bolt (just compare FACE sculpts, much less body, it's also 10x better). They redid Punisher, much better. The entire scale of the Nemesis wave is way off. Tigra looks smaller than the Jubilee body, her head is like a jelly bean.

I wouldn't mind a remake of Tigra or even Nemesis/Holocaust, because I'm sure he could be done better with a "from the ground up" redesign. Only one I'd pass on remaking is cat-face Astonishing Beast, just because I am still clinging to my ML4 Toy Biz Beast.

In fact the entire era of early Hasbro is an epic fail. Here's the only worthwhile figures to come out of that era:

Annihilus wave: Hercules, Banshee (though I transplanted my Banshee head onto the standard yellow/blue X-uniform Wolverine body). This was the wave with awful Emma Frost who has already been redone.

Blob wave: She-Hulk, Blob, and possibly Yellowjacket, but wouldn't mind a redo of him either. Quicksilver needs a remake. Hate that body he and YJ are on.

Ronan wave: Mole Man. Even he could use better paint apps, like they overhauled the Dr. Doom with a better paint application later on. All the rest are tiny downscaled embarrassments.

Queen Brood wave: Queen Brood, Rachel Grey, Black Knight, and I guess Danger. Hydra soldier was redone better, Astonishing Cyclops was remade.

Fin Fang Foom wave: Fin Fang Foom and Wendigo, I could even buy a better Doc Samson and I don't care about his character. Absorbing Man is being redone in better scale.

Red Hulk wave: Maybe Red Hulk. But even he looks too angular and cartoony. All the rest are a waste. Adam Warlock particularly could use a complete redesign. Spiral would be done better nowadays also.

Ares wave: Just Ares and Crossbones. Kang is tiny, they're all tiny. Guardian looks like a happy meal toy. That one is screaming for a remake. Vision was a downgrade from TB's version. Just pathetic sculpts. This Ben Reilly Spider-Man is being remade also, isn't it?

Good points. But I think the Ronan BAF was pretty good as well. Also Crossbones from the Ares wave was okay, but the SDCC '13 repaint was a much needed improvement on the same figure.

Great points, really need an Adam Warlock in his Guardians costume to go with the recent boxset. After that, a new Quicksilver would be awesome, the old one had a good enough head sculpt, but the paints and of course the body just won't do anymore. Ares and Fin Fang Foom still stand out as great figures despite that dark age in Legends.

if we go through all the wave first TB wave I believe some of these desperately need a redo IMO. some could even be new costumes

• TB1
    • Toad - obvious one from this wave since the rest have dozens of better figures
  • TB2
    • the Thing - this goes for all version of the blue eye Thing. TB or Hasbro just can't seem to get this guy right.
  • TB3 - all these have had a better version made.
  • TB4
    • Elektra - this was the best version of her but I feel we are really in need of a updated version. the Hasbro one is good IMO but they need to put her on Moonstone body.
    • Gambit - again great figure just needs a update
  • TB5
    • Blade - need I say we all want a comic Blade
    • Silver Surfer - the Hasbro one is great but we need a updated version
  • TB6
    • Cable - too short.need to be on Hyperions or even Grim Reapers mold
    • Juggernaut - possible X-men BAF
  • TB7 - none although Apocalypse might be nice
  • TB8
    • Doc Ock - again just needs a update
    • Ice-man - on my list of figure that really needs a new figure with hair.
  • TB9
    • War Machine - we really need a updated Comic Accurate War Machine
    • Deathlok - Again just needs a update
  • TB 10 - none although I wouldn't mind a new angel with the wings from the All-New X-men box set.
  • TB11
    • Wonder man - new figure on Grimmy body
  • TB12 none but I wouldn't mind seeing a new Bishop and a Wolverine X-23
  • TB Giant man
    • Cap Brit - new figure on Grimmy body.
    • Havok - new figure. how we haven't gotten one considering his place in the avengers is beyond me.
  • TB13 - none. and few will be coming out anyway (GG and lokie to name a few possibilities with Abomination confirmed)
  • TB14 - none but I think Falcon will be made either as Cap or classic in the new Civil War line
  • TB 15 -
    • Destoryer - need to be much bigger with spikes
    • Julia Carpenter - they could just repaint the new Spider-woman
  • Has1
    • Banshee - new figure on Bucky Cap.
  • Has2 - none but I can see Quicksilver been done on Spidey buck like speed demon
  • HasF4 -
    • Mole Man - while one of the better ones of this shitty wave, he just is not the best.
    • Ronan -more the fact that I want a classic version
  • Has3 - None although I could see BK being done in classic and Rachel Grey on the teenage buck
  • HasHulk
    • Doc Samson - must be done on Hyperion mold
    • Wendigo - one of the better figures but I kinda want him bigger them hulk, which he is in the comics
  • HASredhulk - before i start, Spiral a bad figure? no she is one of the best figure from early hasbro, and red hulkk works cause it's based on the Ed McGuinness artwork
    • Adam Warlock - like people have being saying he need a new figure.i think Bucky cap with a modern costume
  • HasAres- none but Guardian could work on Bucky Cap and Kang could get a better figure. Ares also needs to stop looking down.
  • HasNemesis
    • Tigra - horrid figure of one of the hottest characters.
  • Multipacks packs
    • Ronan really needs a better figure
    • Shanna and Kazar could do with a update but I can let them go
    • Cannonball need a good costume version but Domino is actually pretty okay for now
    • I hope the Electro romour is true
    • Lizard could do with a bigger figure.
    • I could see Dracula having a new figure as his armored version. Hopely we get more monster in Dr. Stranges line.
    • The Young Avengers need new up dated costumes. but I could do without as long as we get Stature, Hawkeye and Young Vision
  • Other like Classic lines
    • Man-spider would be nice as some kinda Baf in the near future
    • Mangaverse Spidey would Be could as one of the Spideys for a wave
    • Scorpion could do with a update
    • Mysterio needs a new figure without the action feature like the MU one.
    • Armored spidey again could be one of the spidey's for a wave.
    • Man Wolf without a action feature
    • Hydroman really needs a better figure.
    • Shocker hope that romour is true.
    • Toxin needs a slimmer version
    • Demogoblin needs a update
    • Tarantula needs to be taller.
    • Avalanche could do with a more comic accurate figure.
    • Dragon man need a new figure just for people who could get him or can't afford ebay prices. BAF maybe?
    • Gremlin could do with a better figure. maybe if they need a break like before and went back to mini baf, which i wouldn't mind as they are a few more mini figure i could this of.

yeah long list. of course just my opinion. but it does look like hasbro is cutting through these like hot cake so many will get done soon.