Sign in to follow this  
tarot

Official NYCC MU Discussion

IF we go off this past year, then we likely have seen most of 2017's offerings.

Last year we saw Waves 1 and renders of 2.

This year we saw Waves 1 and part of wave 2 and some renders.

We assume comic packs are continuing based on Spidey and Shocker...but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Aside from perhaps an SDCC exclusive next year, all that's left is one more wave of figures that could be as small as 3 or 4 choices. How utterly depressing. I see no evidence for instance that we should expect any 3 3/4 movie Spidey or Guardians since we didn't get Strange. Our best hope at this rate is that by Infinity War Hasbro has learned their lesson and we get everyone like we did with the first Avengers.

Actually, I do not at all believe that the comic packs will continue. My impression from the Spidey-themed figures that were revealed at SDCC is that they belonged to a Spider-man based wave, probably tied in with the forthcoming movie.

Given that absolutely nothing was shown at NYCC (beyond, it has been reported, the Guardians comic packs), I actually have real concerns about the line continuing. Really, how much space would a few 3.75" figures have taken up for Hasbro not to send them??

Does anyone know who from Hasbro was at NYCC? If it was just Dwight, that actually gives me hope, considering how completely unprofessional (and business-wise, plain stupid -- the money that I am not spending towards 3.75" is NOT going towards any 6" product) his apparent bias against our scale seems to be.

My Question is how did Comic waves that I really never saw hit shelves (and I until now would at least see stuff from fringe shops)

Pop up at discount stores like Marshall's at clearance prices.

And the first time I saw the Groot Packs was at ONE independent Vendor at NYCC.

Have the Comic Packs been quietly dumped to squeeze in a couple more Marvel legends waves?

A line with no push and difficulty finding is a line being pushed to cancellation. They been pushing this line to the back for a while now../

My Question is how did Comic waves that I really never saw hit shelves (and I until now would at least see stuff from fringe shops)

Pop up at discount stores like Marshall's at clearance prices.

And the first time I saw the Groot Packs was at ONE independent Vendor at NYCC.

Have the Comic Packs been quietly dumped to squeeze in a couple more Marvel legends waves?

A line with no push and difficulty finding is a line being pushed to cancellation. They been pushing this line to the back for a while now../

For them to show up at Marshall's would mean they had to be at WM/Target/TRU's warehouses at some point right? Don't close out stores get the bulk of their inventory from retailers dumping existing inventory?