Let's Say Marvel Legends X-Men Come Back in a BIG way...

DSmith

Let's plan some waves!

Ground rules:

8 Characters per wave + 1 BAF. This is factoring in 6 figures and 2 "swaps" which may or may not contain the same BAF pieces.

Let's plan 3 waves.

One female minimum per wave, but two maximum (factoring in a swap)

Two remakes per wave maximum, to allow more new characters. Remake only qualifies as exact same costume as previous ML release.

Let's come up with one Multi-Pack which could contain either 3 figures (like a Target Exclusive) or 5 figures (like an SDCC Exclusive), but not both.

Wave 1

Cyclops (Jim Lee; remake) / Morph (90s cartoon version; w/alternate heads of Banshee(+cape)/Gambit/Wolverine/Joseph; swap)

Namor (previously announced)

Polaris (classic) / Rogue (Jim Lee; remake w/pack-in Onslaught BAF head; announced at NYCC'15; swap)

Marvel NOW Magneto

Avalanche (classic)

Sunspot

BAF: Sauron

Wave 2

Colossus (remake)

Nightcrawler (classic, w/sword; remake) / AOA Nightcrawler (X-Force; swap)

Multiple Man (X-Factor Investigations)

Blink (Age of Apocalypse) / Wolfsbane (X-Force; swap)

Sunfire (classic red costume)

Marvel NOW Cable

BAF: Strong Guy

Wave 3

Iceman (remake)

Gambit (remake; w/alternate long haired head)

Havok (modern) / Shatterstar (swap)

Marvel NOW Emma Frost / Dazzler (80s blue leotard; swap)

Mimic (classic or Exiles version)

Professor X (hoverchair; field jumpsuit)

BAF: Cyttorak Colossus

SDCC Exclusive - Alpha Flight

Guardian (remake)

Northstar

Aurora

Snowbird

Sasquatch (remake)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the maximum per wave seem to be 7 dude.

Wave 1

• Cyclops (Jim Lee)
  • Rogue / Polaris
  • Avalanche / Toad (Brotherhood of Mutants)
  • Sabastian Shaw / Arcade (Hellfire Club)
  • BAF: Nimrod

Wave 2

• Moonstar/ Wolfbane (New Mutants)
  • Wolverine (Marvel Now)
  • Havok (Uncanny Avengers)
  • Sunfire / Banshee (All New X-men)
  • Bastion
  • BAF: Sauron

Wave 3

• X-23's Wolverine
  • Old Man Wolverine
  • Psylocke
  • Gambit
  • Magneto (Marvel Now)
  • Silver Samurai
  • Cannonball
  • BAF: Juggernuat.

All-new X-men

• Wolverine
  • Thunderbird I
  • Colossus
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler

Wave 1

Jim Lee Cyclops

Rogue / Polaris

Cable / Bishop

Toad

Avalanche

BAF: Nimrod

Wave 2

Iceman

Angel (red or blue costume)

Havok

Sunfire

Multiple Man / Gambit

Wolfsbane

BAF: Juggernaut

Wave 3

Old Man Logan / Classic Wolverine

Psylocke / Rachel Summers (modern)

Marvel NOW Magneto

Silver Samurai

Classic Storm

BAF: Apocalypse

The pack could be The New Mutants, X-Factor or The Hellfire Club

the maximum per wave seem to be 7 dude.

Wave 1

• Cyclops (Jim Lee)
  • Rogue / Polaris
  • Avalanche / Toad (Brotherhood of Mutants)
  • Sabastian Shaw / Arcade (Hellfire Club)
  • BAF: Nimrod

Wave 2

• Moonstar/ Wolfbane (New Mutants)
  • Wolverine (Marvel Now)
  • Havok (Uncanny Avengers)
  • Sunfire / Banshee (All New X-men)
  • Bastion
  • BAF: Sauron

Wave 3

• X-23's Wolverine
  • Old Man Wolverine
  • Psylocke
  • Gambit
  • Magneto (Marvel Now)
  • Silver Samurai
  • Cannonball
  • BAF: Juggernuat.

All-new X-men

• Wolverine
  • Thunderbird I
  • Colossus
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler

How would you like Sabastian Shaw? Hellfire garb or bare chested (which is how he fights). Fully clothed looks better, but shirtless is better for battle posing.

A character like Shaw is a good reason to bring back the variant program. Hasbro can release both versions, only one would be considered the "chase" (haven't had to use that term in a while). Since Sebastian in Hellfire clothing looks cooler, that would most likely be the variant and more sought after while shirtless is standard.

In fact, since Shaw was brought up, I may as well piggyback off the suggestion. How about an SDCC 5 pack boxset consisting of the Hellfire Club itself? Of course I'm talking about the classic (former) members:

Donald Pierce

Harry Leland

Jason Wyngarde

Tessa/Emma/Jean/Selene (pick the two you'd rather see in the boxset. Of course both Emma and Jean would be considered remakes)

I like the idea of Shaw coming out in a wave as opposed to the boxset, especially considering my variant suggestion.

I think Emma in her classic corset and white fur-collared cape would be a popular draw for a Hellfire Club (or Inner Circle if that's more marketable...) set. And Selene would be my priority. I know Tessa came later, and they technically released a Jean this way, though it was the awful Emma 1.0 body. And Pierce/Leland/Wyngarde are musts. Totally support a solo release of Sebastian Shaw also.

BUT, if we want to consider the fact that the "Black Queen" title rotated, couldn't we get alternate Tessa/Selene/Jean heads that could rotate on the Black Queen body? It might cause people to buy multiple SDCC sets just to get multiple Black Queens. Unless they provide alternate heads for other Inner Circle members to replace Donald Pierce or Wyngarde. Leland's body is a bit unique... And would you want ugly/handsome alternate heads for Mastermind?

The alternate heads idea is excellent! However, as far as the Black Queens are concerned, let's limit the alternate heads to only one. Reason being you can only buy (legitimately) two. For someone like me it'll be torture because I buy two of everything anyway (one for display, one to remain intact). With more than two heads to choose from, we'd be subjected to patronizing a blood suckling scalper! Lol

well for the Hellfire club box set my 5 / 6 would be all in their british clothing or some kinda version that made them famous

• Sabastian Shaw - if a hellfire club set didn't have him, it not a proper Hellfire Club set
  • Selene - another must for the set
  • Emma Frost or Jean Grey - I think one of these should be included. jean more then Emma just to give it the whole Dark Phoenix saga feel
  • Donald Pierce - doen't have to be in the Corset thing. maybe a robot/Cyborg body
  • Mastermind- could either be the trenchcoat version or his illusion verion.

If you're thinking about the Hellfire Club, Emma would be obvious and so would Selene. Jean maybe an alternate head. But Tessa/Sage was only Shaw's assistant and therefore had to dress that way in black. She never held the position of Black Queen. Plus she was actually a spy sent by Xavier to very close to Shaw's side and report on his activites. I would love to have a figure of her though as Sage or Tessa.

Wave 1

Bishop (remake)

Polaris/Wolfsbane

Quicksilver (remake)

Cannonball (avengers)/ Shatterstar

Classic Avalanche

Quentin Quire

BAF Sauron

Wave 2

Beast (remake)/Dark Beast

Cable (marvel now)

Toad (remake)

Domino (X-Force)/ Firestar

Multiple Man

Banshee (blue and yellow)

BAF Strong Guy

Wave 3

Gambit (remake)

Blink/ Kitty Pride (remake)

Sunspot/ Rictor

Modern Havok

Black Tom Cassidy

Classic Sunfire

BAF Warlock

Yes to whoever put Quentin Quire on their list! Def one of the more interesting and fun X-characters. A lot of those new teen mutants tend to blur together and get lost in the shuffle, but I would freaking love a QQ figure. Maybe with an alternate future Phoenix body.

Here are the X-Men characters i want to see done, too many for one single wave, I'm just gonna list them in no particular order.

1. Cable!!! (maybe as a BAF if he's in proportion to the Stryfe figure)

2. Quentin Quire

3. Modern Rachel Summers

4. Emma Frost (will gladly take a re release of the wolverine legends wave since it was impossible to find and goes for like 100 bucks on ebay)

5. Sebastian Shaw (yes to this idea 100%)

6. Modern Havok

7. Modern Magneto (white outfit)

8. Modern Cannonball

9. Domino redo

10. X-23 redo

11. 90's Jubilee

12. Polaris

13. Sunfire

14. Dazzler

15. Pixie

16. Dr. Nemesis

17. Legion

18. Blink

19. Cassandra Nova

20. Shadow King

If even a few of these come out in the next few years I'll be happy. I was pumped to see the new Rogue. but I was also pumped to see the new Blade. So I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not sure if the X-Men are going to make a full return, but it's definitely fun thinking about.

Wave One

Jim Lee Cyclops

Jim Lee Rogue/Modern Kitty Pryde (Remake. Desperately want a remake of Kitty)

Modern Toad

Avalanche

Mister Sinister

Multiple Man

BAF - Apocalypse

Wave Two

Old Man Logan

Marvel Now! Psylocke/Omega Sentinel

Iceman (Remake)

Dark Beast

Sebastian Shaw

Modern Havok

BAF - Juggernaut

Wave Three

Marvel Now! Magneto (Black)

Phoenix Five Emma Frost/Lady Mastermind

Cable/Bishop

Modern Colossus

Deadpool

BAF - Sauron

For the Box Set, I'd be down for a Hellfire Box set, with Shaw, Frost, Selene, Leland, and Reaver Pierce. But if they are bringing back the X-Men, I'd really prefer...

Future Foundation Box Set

FF Mister Fantastic

FF Invisible Woman

FF Thing

Annihilation Human Torch

But if I have to keep with X-Men, and this is a wishlist, I'd go with...

New X-Men

Hellion

Mercury

Surge

Rockslide

Elixir

Pixie

I know 6 is usually too many for a box set, but it's never going to happen anyway :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've been a long time lurker on this forum for about 2 years, because it's really the best place to get rumors and news about the current state of Marvel Legends. I like most of you in this thread am heartbroken that Marv/bro won't put out X-men marvel legends the way they churn out Spider-man and Avengers waves. We as X-fans seem to be getting the doo doo end of the stick, which my wallet loves but the kid in me hates. So this is what I'm suggesting... I'm going to guess a lot of you are fans of the 90's X-toon, correct? So also many of you are aware that Marv/Bro, Dis/Marv/Bro have the rights to all merchandising sans movie actor likenesses. And the moment Disney obtained Marvel rights what was released on dvd?? The old 90's x-men tune on buena vista entertainment....

So having said all that, what say Marvel or Disney or Hasbro follow a Mattel lead and solicits an X-men animated 6inch Marvel Legends style action figure subscription, much like Mattel is doing next year with the filmation He-man cartoon? They of course need to figure out all the logistics for this but wouldn't it be great to have all the old characters toon/comic accurate in plastic form, coming to you once per month. And getting comic con box sets of The Hellfire club, The Nasty Boys, The Reevers, The Morlocks, The Savage land peeps, and of course Alphaflight? What do you guys and gals think? Wouldn't that be great?

god no. no subscriptions. do you know how hard it is to get regular release figure in countries outside the US and Canada? just today I saw Captain America / Mandroid on display. subscription will not work for the mass market. and what happened with the DC line from Mattel. it was stopped altogether. DC had to develop it's own line for 6inch.

Wave 1

Cyclops (X-Factor blue/yellow with hair revealed)/Cannonball (New Mutants Vol. 3)

Dazzler/Boom Boom

Iceman (modern translucent ice but w/o shorts)

Multiple Man (X-Factor Investigations)

Fabian Cortez

Avalanche

BAF - Shadow King

Wave 2

Firestar/M
Corsair/Vulcan

Sunspot w/ powered up alt. head (New Mutants Vol. 3)

Dark Beast

Magneto (ANAD)

Shatterstar

BAF - Nimrod

Wave 3

Cable

X-23 (X-Force)/Kitty Pryde

Northstar/Sunfire

Black Tom

Havok (Shi'ar)

Legion

BAF - Strong Guy

Hellfire Club Boxset

Sebastian Shaw

Emma Frost

Donald Pierce

Madelyne Pryor

Quentin Quire

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy to get at least some of these guys:

Wave 1:

Sunspot/Cannonball Avengers versions

Cable

Deadpool

X-23

Daken

Gambit

Wave 2:

Magneto White/Black costume

Sabretooth UA

Sunfire UA

Vulcan/Havok UA

Wolverine Any Avengers run

Validator

Polaris

Wave 3:

Magik rerelease

Gladiator rerelease

Beast Modern

Iceman Modern

Validator Avengers

Smasher Avengers

Jean Grey Pheonix

Storm Heroic Age

Don't know if this is posted but the first X-MEN LEGENDS wave of 2016 will include 7 figures (none of which will be movie figures)

First up is 90s Rogue which everyone is aware of (the BAF part that comes with Rogue is an alternative Magneto onslaught head).

Now since the actual BAF for the first XMEN wave has not been announced however is suppose to be very "impressive"

I think the BAF will be Professor X in hover chair, or a new Apocalypse

The 6 other figures in the wave I'm certain will be from the X-MEN 92 cartoon era (Jim Lee)

I am hoping for a

Jim Lee 90s Cyclops

Jim Lee 90s Gambit (updated from Toy Biz even though that one was great)

Jim Lee 90s Beast

and then we have possibilities for the remaining Blue and Gold team members...

the most important ones would be 90s Storm, 90s Jubilee

But since we already have a Jim Lee Jean Grey, Archangel, and arguably Iceman ... maybe even Colossus

I hope we don't see another Wolverine... but of course that is just wishful thinking. The only Wolverine Id like to see is Old Man Logan

Polaris might be a possibility as well as Quicksilver

But I hope they complete the first wave with primarily 92 XMen cartoon series... maybe even have a Morph figure from the cartoon line / comic line

Jim Lee Cyclops would be pretty awesome. I am pretty content with the Toy Biz versions of the others so I am good with the new Rogue coming and would be excited if they redid Cyclops. I would love to see Polaris and maybe a Dazzler make her way out. I would like to see a redo of Kitty Pride but she is not part of the 90's team so I don't know about her.

could be 70s-80s X-Men

Ala

New Phoenix (cus the Toy Biz one was fugly as hell)

Nightcrawler

as you mentioned Dazzler

80s Psylocke (wishful thinking)

Age of Apocalyse Magneto (highly likely considering its promoting the Apocalypse film)

90s Rogue (is a given)

90s Jubiliee (id die)

Gambit is long over-due

North Star and Aurora would be amazing

dunno if Id want a 1st Appearance Storm, or Jim Lee Storm

New Banshee in X-Uniform

Reavers (maybe that will be in the BAF)

Brown Suit Wolverine

Morph (cartoon series)

90s Beast

90s Cyclops

Age of Apocalypse Iceman switchout head on 90s Iceman body