Let's Say Marvel Legends X-Men Come Back in a BIG way...

DSmith

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep teling you guys. don't expect the X-men Wave to be 90's eccentric. that just wouldn't sell to newer fans.

It doesn't matter. We are getting a better looking 90's Rogue so I am content with her. Also you never know, my nephews got into He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon series through watching Netflix. I also think there's a comic book series selling right now based on the old 90's cartoon series.

Well, it looks like, just based on the Civil War and Absorbing Man waves, that the 2016 waves will follow a full thematic pattern.

That's to say, every single figure save for one will be paired with another and lumped into a distinct theme (Edge of Spider Verse, for example). Cut cardback design costs possibly? If this carries over to the X-Men wave, then here are my predictions for odds on likely to make it. I'm not saying ALL of them will make the one wave, just that they're most likely to make it over some others.

Rogue & ???- We know Rogue is in. The question is, who will be her partner? I'd say either Gambit (lovers theme), Polaris ("Green is my favourite colour"), or classic Mystique (but this is a low probability). Jean Grey in one of her unreleased forms would be another choice, since Hasbro seems to love Jean the most. Combined with her two Toybiz appearances, Hasbro has released 1) Marvel Girl, 2) Marvel Girl 1st appearance/New, 3) Black Queen, 4) Jim Lee... and they had plans for two unreleased versions. I wouldn't like her making it but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Northstar & Aurora- finally got their MU release. Plus one can assume Dwight and co. were building up to this when they had Puck as a BAF in the Wolverine wave. Also, Defenders GR and Misty lumped together proved that male and female pairings are not out of the question.

Polaris & Havok- if Hasbro has been listening to the fans as they said they were, Polaris should be a shoe-in. Who better to accompany her than Havok. The problem is, Rogue in Jim Lee form is also in high demand, so putting two highly demanded females in one wave is not likely. If Polaris makes it and if there is a future wave, she might make it in there instead.

Deadpool & ???- Well, he's a shoe-in, unless he gets his own wave... which I'm not betting on. The mystery would be his partner. Old Man Logan possibly? Cable?

Colossonaut & ???- Got MU representation, and he needs to fit the bigger male mold quota. He may be the BAF.

Old Man Logan & Laura Kinney Wolverine- modern representation. Carries on the Wolverine name post death, plus Laura fulfills a female mold that seems to be paired with a different female mold (Magik-Hela, Misty-Tiger, Wanda-Carol... exception being Thundra & Valkyrie)

Villains Pair- Gosh so many villains to choose from and not enough logic to narrow them down with. There WILL BE at least one pair of villains, if we were to follow the 2016 waves pattern. Ideally, I would love Lady Deathstrike (the Toybiz one needs to leave my display) but she IS female. AND a villain. Double no-no in terms of chances. Arcade, Apocalypse, Avalanche (classic)-- or the triple A's, as I call them-- have decent chances. Silver Samurai would be wonderful with Yuriko, though.

BAF- Sauron, Collossonaut, Apocalypse, and Nimrod have the best chances I reckon. As we all know, everyone went crazy for Sauron when a custom of his got shown in SDCC. Apocalypse to capitalize on the movie... yes, I know Hasbro is supposed to stay away from the Fox movies associations, and they've done that with the Jubilee and Puck waves. But in some interviews, the Hasbro guys have been unashamed at referencing how 2016 is gonna be a big X-Men movie year. Nimrod would be a great and logical alternative to Apocalypse if they want to keep away from the movie associations.

Dani Moonstar & ???- I feel like the ship has sailed for Dani. Last year and the year before, there's been consistent demand for her ever since they canceled her release. She even made top 5 most wanted figures here in MN based on the twitter poll made a year or two ago. But based on the polls in which I've partaken (Fwoosh, Marvellegends.net), people are forgetting her. Which is a shame. I WOULD LOVE DANI TO MAKE THE COMEBACK SHE DESERVES! Pair her up with Rahne and BAM! Golden! Or anyone else from the New Mutants, I don't care.

My Ideal Wave List

• Manipulators of Memory partie deux- Moonstar/Rogue
  • Alpha Flight- Northstar/Aurora
  • Vindictive Villains- Deathstrike/Silver Samurai
  • Headliner- either DP or Wolvie or both... don't care. I've come to accept this will occur no matter what.
  • BAF- Sauron

I doubt Jean Grey will be in it. I mean except for a few costumes or remakes she is pretty much done.

I do think Gambit and Deadpool are a shoe in. but Hasbro may leave them for a wave each. not a Gambit or Deadpool wave but the main character for a X-men wave each like how Wolverine is more then likely to be made.

Lmao! Hilarious.

But... People are already rationalizing that it may not be Jean (Cyclops).

I however think it is her, which would annoy me. Why does that ginger keep coming back?!?! Geez. Hasbro has major boner for her.

I think the list is decent. Assuming that Wolvies is Logan and Phoenix is Jean, every character has pretty much been done before (though not necessarily an exact costume remake). Cable released in the SAME wave as Phoenix again, yikes. This is the third time.

I was hoping for a wtf character that no one was expecting... And look at that. No villains. Quelle surprise.

even I can admit I was wrong yet I was right as well. not a bad wave if true. No new characters but much sort after remakes.

• Phoenix - Hopefully it will be the one that never got released but it will more the likely be a remake of the green version. if not, and this is a big if, if could be Rachel Grey.
  • Havok - been asking for a updaye for a while. given that hasbro can be cheap, will must likely be a modern Uncanny Avengers version. could possibly come a burnt face swappable on the Bucky cap build.
  • Cable - don't know which this one will be cause im not as big a fan of Nathan as most people are.
  • Iceman - Thank god. just please be a modern iceman with ice hair.
  • Kitty Pryde- more then likely just a remake of the TB version on Hasbro Teenage sculpt.
  • Deadpool - this was a obvious inclusion. more the likely just a standard red and black DP.
  • Wolverine - well knew either him or Cyclops was going to be in it. hopfully the Marvel Now version or might surprise us and reveal X-23 version.
  • Rogue - only one we truely now are coming.

not a bad wave but not a very exciting wave. more the likely this will be a testing wave to see will this franchise will sell,

even I can admit I was wrong yet I was right as well. not a bad wave if true. No new characters but much sort after remakes.

• Phoenix - Hopefully it will be the one that never got released but it will more the likely be a remake of the green version. if not, and this is a big if, if could be Rachel Grey.
  • Havok - been asking for a updaye for a while. given that hasbro can be cheap, will must likely be a modern Uncanny Avengers version. could possibly come a burnt face swappable on the Bucky cap build.
  • Cable - don't know which this one will be cause im not as big a fan of Nathan as most people are.
  • Kitty Pryde- more then likely just a remake of the TB version on Hasbro Teenage sculpt.
  • Deadpool - this was a obvious inclusion. more the likely just a standard red and black DP.
  • Wolverine - well knew either him or Cyclops was going to be in it. hopfully the Marvel Now version or might surprise us and reveal X-23 version.

not a bad wave but not a very exciting wave. more the likely this will be a testing wave to see will this franchise will sell,

I pretty much agree with you. This could potentially have 4 of the previously unreleased MLs.

Phoenix - There's the slight chance that this will be the AOA version lol, but I think they may just do that white

Havok - will be that modern one that was shown at SDCC all of those years ago. I'm betting they will throw some of those mystic beams in with it, but what are the odds that we get an UA alternate head?

Cable - that big body Hyperion mold? He may not have a uniform based on anything, but a combination of things

Iceman - for the last time, NO BLACK SHORTS. They may use the new Spidey body but as long as he's translucent

Kitty Pryde - Oh gee, i wonder what body they'll use. LOL You are 100% correct.

Deadpool - unreleased red version

Wolverine - Marvel Now

Rogue - 90s has already been confirmed, but I still want that modern.

I pretty much agree with you. This could potentially have 4 of the previously unreleased MLs.

Phoenix - There's the slight chance that this will be the AOA version lol, but I think they may just do that white

Havok - will be that modern one that was shown at SDCC all of those years ago. I'm betting they will throw some of those mystic beams in with it, but what are the odds that we get an UA alternate head?

Cable - that big body Hyperion mold? He may not have a uniform based on anything, but a combination of things

Iceman - for the last time, NO BLACK SHORTS. They may use the new Spidey body but as long as he's translucent

Kitty Pryde - Oh gee, i wonder what body they'll use. LOL You are 100% correct.

Deadpool - unreleased red version

Wolverine - Marvel Now

Rogue - 90s has already been confirmed, but I still want that modern.

I can even see most of the "swaps"

Deadpool and Wolverine - Weapon X

Cable and Havok - Summers

Iceman and Phoenix - Elemental Mutants

Kitty and Rogue - can't think of a name.

let see who I can mark off my list. until I see the actually figure anything from Wolverine and the rest will be marked off

the maximum per wave seem to be 7 dude.

Wave 1

• Cyclops (Jim Lee)
  • Rogue / Polaris
  • Avalanche / Toad (Brotherhood of Mutants)
  • Sabastian Shaw / Arcade (Hellfire Club)
  • BAF: Nimrod

Wave 2

• Moonstar/ Wolfbane (New Mutants)
  • Wolverine (Marvel Now)
  • Havok (Uncanny Avengers)
  • Sunfire / Banshee (All New X-men)
  • Bastion
  • BAF: Sauron

Wave 3

• X-23's Wolverine
  • Old Man Wolverine
  • Psylocke
  • Gambit
  • Magneto (Marvel Now)
  • Silver Samurai
  • Cannonball
  • BAF: Juggernuat.

All-new X-men

• Wolverine
  • Thunderbird I
  • Colossus
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler

five marke off.not bad.

well for the Hellfire club box set my 5 / 6 would be all in their british clothing or some kinda version that made them famous

• Sabastian Shaw - if a hellfire club set didn't have him, it not a proper Hellfire Club set
  • Selene - another must for the set
  • Emma Frost or Jean Grey - I think one of these should be included. jean more then Emma just to give it the whole Dark Phoenix saga feel
  • Donald Pierce - doen't have to be in the Corset thing. maybe a robot/Cyborg body
  • Mastermind- could either be the trenchcoat version or his illusion verion.

I'm mad I seemingly missed the whole Hellfire Club discussion before listing them in my group as a boxset. SMH

Here's who I cross off

Wave 1

Cyclops (X-Factor blue/yellow with hair revealed)/Cannonball (New Mutants Vol. 3)

Dazzler/Boom Boom

Iceman (modern translucent ice but w/o shorts)

Multiple Man (X-Factor Investigations)

Fabian Cortez

Avalanche

BAF - Shadow King

Wave 2

Firestar/M
Corsair/Vulcan

Sunspot w/ powered up alt. head (New Mutants Vol. 3)

Dark Beast

Magneto (ANAD)

Shatterstar

BAF - Nimrod

Wave 3

Cable

X-23 (X-Force)/Kitty Pryde

Northstar/Sunfire

Black Tom

Havok (Shi'ar)

Legion

BAF - Strong Guy

Hellfire Club Boxset

Sebastian Shaw

Emma Frost

Donald Pierce

Madelyne Pryor

Quentin Quire

That was 4. They actually went pretty safe with the proposed wave. there's not a Pixie or M or Idie at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xtreme, Iceman is listed in wave 1. I can only see Psylocke making it out again in a classic colors version of her X-Force boxed set figure released a few years ago. Probably with a "Crimson dawn" head (since you could easily swap the "regular" head from the other figure if you own it). Magneto got a remake in the X-Men wave, unless you mean a new/different costume, like his black/silver costume... I wouldn't mind that.

Still waiting on that Polaris!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm circling back to this post because there's just SO much need in my life for X-Men Marvel Legends that I'm going to list until I can't list anymore. Not even breaking it down by waves, but just going to ramble about all my hopes and dreams, as I wait for Toy Fair.

HEROES

Professor X (Hoverchair; can be suit body, but I'd prefer jumpsuit body)

Cyclops (Jim Lee; remake)

Phoenix (remake)

Wolverine (Tiger Stripe; remake)

Wolverine (Brown costume; remake)

Gambit (remake; alternate heads, long hair/short hair options; removable red neckerchief)

Beast (Jim Lee era; alternate heads: classic Avengers 70s/80s with sharp haircut, 90s X-Men/cartoon era, possibly cat face also)

Storm (1st Appearance/Giant-Size X-Men #1)

Storm (Mohawk & leather 80s look)

Storm (Jim Lee; remake in black costume)

Rogue (modern, unreleased costume)

Psylocke (Jim Lee)

Jubilee (Jim Lee classic pink shirt/blue shorts/yellow jacket)

Nightcrawler (remake; Spider-Man body base?)

Angel (blue halo costume; feather wings with one articulation; alternate retracted* metal wings; can interchange expanded wings from Archangel figure; alternate heads: flesh tone masked, blue-skinned unmasked long hair)

Iceman (Bobby Drake remake in Jim Lee costume)

Iceman (ice form; alternate heads with mouth and without AOA; Ice slide accessory, possibly with each figure in wave to connect for a display)

Colossus (remake)

Bishop (remake)

Banshee (blue/yellow standard-issue uniform from 90s; removable cape; alternate heads: Morph [cartoon], evil Morph [cartoon], unmasked Logan, Joseph; body and neck connector compatible with other male figures like Gambit)

Sunfire (Giant-Size X-Men #1; alternate heads: masked, unmasked)

Thunderbird (Giant-Size X-Men #1)

Danielle Moonstar (New Mutants costume on slender adult female body; alternate heads: Karma; compatible heads: Magik)

Longshot (remake)

Dazzler (blue leotard costume; reused jacket from new Jim Lee Rogue)

Dazzler (disco jumpsuit)

Kitty Pryde (modern/classic blue/yellow costume; Lockheed pack-in)

Shadowcat (blue Excalibur billowing sleeves costume; detachable at waist to simulate phasing up through floor)

Meggan

Rachel Grey (red hound costume)

Magik (blue/yellow standard-issue uniform on smaller female body; swappable standard/metal arm & leg; compatible with heads for Jubilee, Kitty Pryde)

Guardian (remake)

Northstar

Aurora

Snowbird (white wolf & owl pack-ins)

Shaman

Sasquatch (remake; BAF)

Wolfsbane (X-Factor costume; swappable human/mid-transformation wolf limbs; alternate heads: human Rahne, mid-transformation, wolf Rahne; brown wolf pack-in [repaint of Snowbird's white wolf])

Polaris (all-green costume)

Quicksilver (classic blue; remake)

Madrox the Multiple Man (X-Factor Investigations)

Strong Guy (black t-shirt/jeans; BAF borrowing from Ultimate Green Goblin mold)

Havoc (classic remake; alternate heads: modernized masked, unmasked/hood around neck)

Cable

Cannonball (modern)

Shatterstar

Rictor

Sunspot

Feral (borrowing parts from upcoming new Tigra mold?)

Domino (remake)

Boom Boom (borrowing parts from Jubilee releases)

Magma

Warlock

Mimic (classic orange/red costume)

Blink

Nate Grey

X-23 (X-Force)

Quentin Quire

Firestar

Monet

Chamber

Siryn

Maverick (borrowing parts from recent Taskmaster and Scourge figures?)

Lilandra

Corsair

Hepzibah (borrowing parts from upcoming Tigra figure)

Ch'od (BAF; on Rhino body)

Raza

Pixie

VILLAINS
Magneto (black costume w/white details)

Dark Phoenix (remake)

Silver Samurai

Cyber (borrowing parts from remake Colossus)

Mystique (classic white costume; remake)

Lady Deathstrike (remake)

Arcade (suit body)

Destiny

Juggernaut (BAF)

Black Tom Cassidy

Sauron (BAF)

Toad (remake)

Pyro (remake)

Avalanche (classic)

Mastermind (alternate heads: handsome, ugly)

Black Queen (alternate heads: Selene, Jean Grey)

Madelyn Pryor, the Goblin Queen

Apocalypse (roughly the size of Terrax)

Sabretooth (Jim Lee; remake)

Omega Red (remake)

Spiral (remake)

Sebastian Shaw

Donald Pierce

Harry Leland

Hellfire Club Guard

High Evolutionary (BAF?)

Deathbird

Legion

Marrow

MORLOCKS - Boxed Set

Callisto

Sunder

Leech (parts can be used towards a Franklin Richards figure)

Annalee

Tommy (nearly flat, with bendy wires inside; takes minimal space in boxed set)

Tar Baby

Ape (alternate limbs)

SHI'AR IMPERIAL GUARD - Boxed Set

Oracle

Hussar

Manta

Warstar (B'nee & C'cil)

Smasher

Starbolt (can reuse parts for a Firelord figure)

Earthquake

D'Ken (with M'Kraan Crystal)

Wave 1

Cyclops (Jim lee)

Dazzler/Polaris

Sebastian Shaw/Black Tom

Multiple man

Toad

Exodus

BAF-SAURON

Wave 2

X-man

Lilandra/Blink

Silver Samurai/Shatterstar

Sunspot

Bastion

Vanisher

BAF-Nimrod

Wave 3

Wolfsbaine/Syrin

Vulcan/Corsair

Proteus

Mastermind

Dark Beast

Morph

BAF- Strong Guy

Box set 3 pack- Generation X

Husk

Chamber

M

Box set sdcc- New Mutants

Magma

Warlock

Mirage

Cypher

• 6 months later...

With the release of the first X-Men wave, and the announcement of the 2nd wave, I'm bringing this topic back to talk about the future! SO many good ideas in this thread, many which have been used by Hasbro now... time to reshuffle our plans for the future of the X-universe!

Pretty sure there will be a Wolverine iteration in every wave, LOL. Sticking with 8-figure waves because I'm greedy!

Wave 3 - Sauron BAF

Gambit (remake): Pizza Spidey body, classic costume, sculpted trench coat, alternate "spiky hair" and "long hair" heads, Silk's red neckerchief, Bo staff, card accessories, "card-throwing hand" like Secret War Captain America's Shield-throwing hand.

Nightcrawler (remake): classic costume, bendable tail, super-articulated, BAMF base?

Storm: 80s Mohawk and leather

Wolverine "Weapon X" (remake): tattered shorts, helmet, wires, etc.

Longshot (remake): Star-Lord body parts?

Mystique (remake): classic white dress/skull belt costume

Toad (remake): classic jester costume

Magneto: All-New, All-Different black/silver costume, includes helmeted head, alternate head without helmet and long hair

SDCC 2017: Alpha Flight Boxed Set

Sasquatch (remake)

Guardian (remake, James Hudson)

Snowbird (includes white wolf and snow owl pack-ins)

Shaman

Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

Wave 4 - Beast (Jim Lee remake) BAF & Hoverchair BAVehicle

Storm (Jim Lee remake): original Jim Lee black costume, not whitewashed version, includes Beast left leg

Cyclops (70s/80s remake): blue costume, gold shorts, includes Beast right leg

Wolverine (90s training uniform remake): basic, includes Beast left arm

Madrox the Multiple Man: borrows trench coat sculpt from Gambit figure, X-Factor Investigations costume, 3 alternate expression heads, includes Beast right arm

Dazzler: 80s blue leotard costume, borrows Jim Lee Rogue's jacket sculpt, includes Beast Torso

Pyro (remake): includes flame effects, includes 2 Beast alternate heads (Pérez design, Jim Lee design)

Charles Xavier: Jumpsuit costume, Cerebro helmet, includes half of hoverchair, no Beast parts

Lilandra: Shi'ar armor, Empress staff, includes other half of hoverchair, no Beast parts

Wave 5 - Strong Guy BAF

Dark Phoenix: includes alternate Rachel Grey head

Avalanche: Classic

Spiral (remake): includes swords and alternate heads with and without helmet

Arcade: Suit body repurposed

Wolverine (remake): New Avengers costume

Northstar: Classic

Cyclops (remake): "Blue/gold X" X-Factor costume

Beast: "Blue/red X" X-Factor costume, human form, based on ALL-NEW X-MEN boxed set version

SDCC 2018: Giant-Size X-Men #1 Boxed Set

Storm (1st appearance costume)

Wolverine (1st appearance)

Thunderbird

Colossus (classic)

Banshee (classic green/yellow with collar)

Wave 6 - Colossonaut BAF

Aurora: classic

Wolfsbane: alternate human/wolf/mid-transform heads/arms/legs, X-Factor blue/gold costume, includes wolf pack-in (repaint from Snowbird pack-in), no BAF piece

Sabretooth (remake): Jim Lee design 90s

Wolverine: Team X black & gold spy uniform

Jubilee: Jim Lee blue shorts classic costume

Morph: 90s cartoon version, alternate Gambit/Cyclops/Forge heads included, swappable cyborg leg for Forge

Hellfire Club Guard: army builder

Maverick: Classic

Wave 7 - AOA Apocalypse BAF

Wolverine: Logan street clothes

Jean Grey: Marvel Girl X-Factor costume (red/gold x)

Iceman: Classic X-Factor look, cubed head sculpt, icy X with inhibitor belt

Angel (remake): Blue/white halo costume, feather wings, alternate flesh/masked/short hair and blue-faced/unmasked/long hair head sculpts

Hepzibah: Classic Starjammers

Cannonball: modern

Domino: modern

Black Tom Cassidy: Classic

SDCC 2019: Age of Apocalypse Boxed Set

Wolverine (AOA remake; missing hand)

Dark Beast (redeco of Jim Lee Beast with new parts)

Magneto (AOA)

Rogue (AOA)

Holocaust (AOA remake)

Wave 8 - Nimrod BAF

Wolverine: Laura Kinney

Sunspot: modern

Cable: X-Force classic Liefeld

Havok: X-Factor 90s costume

Rogue: 80s green/black leotard

Psylocke: Jim Lee, on voluptuous body, new face sculpt, alternate crimson dawn head, includes psychic knife

Magneto (remake): classic

Cyber: classic

Wave 9 - Ch'od (of the Starjammers) BAF (borrows from Abomination BAF)

Wolverine (remake): Astonishing X-Men costume

Corsair: Classic

Raza: Classic

Deathbird: Classic

Monet: Modern

Shadowcat: Excalibur classic blue 80s costume, includes flying version of Lockheed

Bishop: Modern

Mastermind: Classic, includes ugly and handsome alternate heads

SDCC 2020: Hellfire Club Inner Circle Boxed Set

White Queen (classic corset)

Sebastian Shaw

Black Queen (alternate Jean Grey/Selene heads, alternate cape)

Donald Pierce

Harry Leland