Toybiz vs Hasbro

Skidroh92

With the quality of the new legends being so incredible and the toybiz ones continuing to age......my question becomes what are the must have Toybiz Legends?

I'd say Series IV Beast & Punisher, that Sentinel, Face-Off Jigsaw (suited up), Kingpin and Sabertooth (for me). Series VIII Doc Ock, XII Wolverine & Sasquatch, and VI Wolverine. Some like Nightcrawler, Abomination, Ghost Rider's bike and chain.

My personal favorites from Toybiz are:

Colossus (The one I have I feel is hard to top)

Gambit (I really like this one and don't know how Hasbro can do better)

Wolverine (I love this Wolverine. He is more muscular but the claws I can't stand.)

Beast (He is pretty decent so I will go with this one unless Hasbro does a better version)

Iceman (I love this figure.)

Bishop (More muscular and I don't see Hasbro topping this one)

Storm (She is perfect. I passed on the Hasbro one,)

Jean Grey Phoenix (Great sculpt. I bought the Jim Lee Hasbro version and I love that one as well until I get to the hands)

My Favorites from Hasbro:

Psylocke (I feel Hasbro did a better job on this one. I hated the Toy Biz one)

Arch Angel (Hasbro did a great job with his wings. This is my favorite one)

Cyclops (I don't think I will ever be happy with Cyclops. The JL one needs to be more muscular. I will stick to the Aston. one in the mean time.)

Scarlet Witch (A much better redo.)

Vision ( I like this one)

Ms. Marvel (A much better redo. I am talking about the Target 3 pack one)

Rogue (Finally a better Rogue)

Black Cat ( A better redo)

Jean Grey JL (I like the Toybiz one but this is a Jim Lee version which I needed. She is on display)

Jubilee (I only bought the head on Ebay and stuck it on a Spidergirl body and she is standing in the back. She looks good other then the spider emblem on her chest. It was a cheap way of having her.)

Thats how I feel about the ones I have and can think of.

For me, Ultron is the right size (I believe it's 6'9 in the comics). I was using the Hulks, Abomination, Thanos and Rhino for a while but they're just too big (I did have a display of MS Thanos throttling Black Bolt. Looked kinda good, but He's just too large so I ultimately took it down). Cable is just slightly too big (especially since he's bigger than the ML Stryfe which doesn't jibe), plus his articulation is HORRIBLE!!! The ML Thors are obviously too large (especially since most of them are the same size a s the MS Thors).

Wolverine (I love this Wolverine. He is more muscular but the claws I can't stand.)

Beast (He is pretty decent so I will go with this one unless Hasbro does a better version)

Jean Grey Phoenix (Great sculpt. I bought the Jim Lee Hasbro version and I love that one as well until I get to the hands)

Cyclops (I don't think I will ever be happy with Cyclops. The JL one needs to be more muscular. I will stick to the Aston. one in the mean time.)

Jean Grey JL (I like the Toybiz one but this is a Jim Lee version which I needed. She is on display)

Jubilee (I only bought the head on Ebay and stuck it on a Spidergirl body and she is standing in the back. She looks good other then the spider emblem on her chest. It was a cheap way of having her.)

Ha...A little bias here? Any ways Colossus is a great figure a bit disproportionate...skinny lower legs? Also the metal is a bit dull, and His head articulation is useless. I have the Selects colossus standing in until Hasbro decides to ever make a better one. Gambit...is a pretty good figure...but is a bit on the scrawny side...again tiny legs? Also he could benefit from a real rubber/plastic Coat. Bishop is the one I am going to have to disagree with you...The head and face sculpt are on point...besides that the rest can be vastly improved. Cable is rumored to be in the next x-men wave and if I was a betting man I would bet he will use the Hyperion buck, or the newer Grim Reaper Buck( Not a fan of the wonky Hyperion buck) but is more close to the comic representations of bishop and cable...which are close in build in my eyes. The toy biz fig is to Bulky and squatty.

Ha...A little bias here? Any ways Colossus is a great figure a bit disproportionate...skinny lower legs? Also the metal is a bit dull, and His head articulation is useless. I have the Selects colossus standing in until Hasbro decides to ever make a better one. Gambit...is a pretty good figure...but is a bit on the scrawny side...again tiny legs? Also he could benefit from a real rubber/plastic Coat. Bishop is the one I am going to have to disagree with you...The head and face sculpt are on point...besides that the rest can be vastly improved. Cable is rumored to be in the next x-men wave and if I was a betting man I would bet he will use the Hyperion buck, or the newer Grim Reaper Buck( Not a fan of the wonky Hyperion buck) but is more close to the comic representations of bishop and cable...which are close in build in my eyes. The toy biz fig is to Bulky and squatty.

I have to say to each their own. I am happy with most of the males that Toybiz did. I don't think they did too well with the females though other then Storm and that Jean Grey I listed. I like how muscular Wolverine, Bishop, and Colossus looks. I wished they did that with the Jim Lee Cyclops. I am still loving my Gambit. The cloth cloak works for me and if they did a plastic one on a new Gambit then I would imagine he would be hard to pose. I would probably buy a new Gambit since he is one of my favorite X-Men. I am just happy with the one I got.

I hope that list is correct because then we would be getting a new Kitty Pride also which I really want. I hate the females that Toy Biz has done in the past. They look awful other then Storm and Jean. I might grab the whole case if I can afford it. Also if Kitty is wearing a standard X outfit then I might try and put Jubilee's head on that body instead of the Spidergirl body.

Marvel Select that I still use and feel will always work:

Ultron - Classic look, and it's a robot who can upgrade himself to be any scale, really. But fits well in scale.

Cloak & Dagger - Scaled perfectly to current ML releases. Dagger is the same height as average female releases. Needs better articulation, but it'll do in display.

Colossus - Good large scale figure and I like him towering over Kitty, Jubilee, and Rachel Grey in my display. Better design than ML releases.

Mephisto - Perfect figure, and the throne is EPIC.

The Watcher - Another perfectly scaled figure for a celestial character.

The Brood - Aliens. Drops mic.

The Skulls - See Brood.

Juggernaut - Another huge character that just works. I remember him always towering over characters and grabbing up female characters with his hand wrapping around their full waist. Works perfectly for me.

I was using MS Rhino until this latest one came out in the last ML Spider-Man wave.

As for Toy Biz, as Hasbro continues on, I've been swapping out old figures for remakes. So until they all get remade I will have a lot of TB figures in my display. But truly GREAT TB figures that I doubt could be done better, would be:

Gambit

Beast

Doctor Octopus

Mr. Sinister

Giant-Man BAF (BUT wouldn't mind a re-release in other costumes...)

M.O.D.O.K.

That's about it. I could buy remakes of anything else, and eagerly await them.

DISAGREE: Storm. This figure, comparative to modern releases, looks sad. Scrawny, small scale, jelly bean head. Does. NOT. Work. I love Jim Lee costume design, would want to see that remade now.

I agree with all of those Dodge! I actually picked up the Xmen Classic Storm MOC for 9.99 at a local store yesterday.

I used to have almost a complete collection of Legends. I sold them all in 2012.......But like the plastic crack addict I am, I'm back! lol

Same thing happened to me I sold all my figs a few years ago. I'm addicted again after buying wasp, tiger shark and the ultron hulk vision 3 pack on clearance at target.

Blackheart is one of the toybiz figures that I don't see hasbro ever making