Official Toyfair 2016 ML Discussion

tarot

the Toyfair is starting the 13th. so hear is the official thread for the news and discussions ML.

Just a few thing before then though (if any other mods think there should be something else please add)

1. DO NOT POST PICS OR LINK TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol :P
  2. Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all Toyfayr news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MOD see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  3. Try and keep wishlist til after the SDCC, (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in make a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post Toyfair Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.

Links:

X-men wave Deadpool con-fricking-firmed!!!! On Hasbro Pulse!!

You seem very excited about this news, which is amusing considering there has been 5 or 6 releases of this character with the only differences being the blue X-Men version from the two pack and the X-Force version (which was released TWICE). To each their own (I guess) but WOW!

X-men wave Deadpool con-fricking-firmed!!!! On Hasbro Pulse!!

You seem very excited about this news, which is amusing considering there has been 5 or 6 releases of this character with the only differences being the blue X-Men version from the two pack and the X-Force version (which was released TWICE). To each their own (I guess) but WOW!

not for the character persay (using the 2 pack DP for years) just the fact 1 he looks frigging awesome and 2 it confirms the rumor wave. kinda.

I mean look at his expression and his pinky pointing out.

It looks really good, just a little miffed considering the price I paid for the two pack version way back when.

well I assume you got Warpath with him though and he might never get another figure again.

Unlike DP, who, apparently is on his way to Spider-Man/Captain America/Iron Man/Punisher/Wolverine status. I feel you on the new sculpt. I really do (maybe some of us need to finally acknowledge Hasbro for doing their thing and stop continuously comparing them negatively to Toybiz) but the simple fact is here we go again with a revamp. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me exactly what's wrong with the Black Suited Spider-Man Hasbro previously released so much that there is this outcry for a new one? The figure is black and white (can't really screw that up with the exception of splotchy paint apps) and it has good articulation. This is one of the reasons we still have incomplete teams.

It looks really good, just a little miffed considering the price I paid for the two pack version way back when.

well I assume you got Warpath with him though and he might never get another figure again.

Unlike DP, who, apparently is on his way to Spider-Man/Captain America/Iron Man/Punisher/Wolverine status. I feel you on the new sculpt. I really do (maybe some of us need to finally acknowledge Hasbro for doing their thing and stop continuously comparing them negatively to Toybiz) but the simple fact is here we go again with a revamp. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me exactly what's wrong with the Black Suited Spider-Man Hasbro previously released so much that there is this outcry for a new one? The figure is black and white (can't really screw that up with the exception of splotchy paint apps) and it has good articulation. This is one of the reasons we still have incomplete teams.

there nothing wrong with it we just want them all to have the same Pizza Spidey sculpt.

there nothing wrong with it we just want them all to have the same Pizza Spidey sculpt.

I got you on that, however the outcry came way before Pizza Eating Spidey ever came out. So my above question still stands.

True, and I really like the Warpath figure, but that price point yikes, it still feels too soon even though I got them around the time they first came out. I'll still get the new DP though, he looks too good to pass up.

Hello good knowledgable toy folk-

Forgive me if this has been answedred elsewhere but is there an anticipated release date for that fantastic Miles Morales 6" ML figure? Can't wait, been dyin' for this one for a while now. (2nd question, this is indeed Miles' first foray into the 6" line, correct? If not, was the previous figure any good & can you link to some pix?)

Thanks & double thanks!

Forgive me if this has been answedred elsewhere but is there an anticipated release date for that fantastic Miles Morales 6" ML figure? Can't wait, been dyin' for this one for a while now. (2nd question, this is indeed Miles' first foray into the 6" line, correct? If not, was the previous figure any good & can you link to some pix?)

Thanks & double thanks!

This was Miles' first 6" action figure:

ultimatespiderman6inchmain.jpg

It was a Walmart exclusive released in 2012, as part of the The Amazing Spider-Man movie toy 6" toy line, which featured nothing more than just only other two figures apart from this one (a movie Spider-Man and movie Lizard). You can read more about it here.

Thanks & double thanks!

This was Miles' first 6" action figure:

ultimatespiderman6inchmain.jpg

It was a Walmart exclusive released in 2012, as part of the The Amazing Spider-Man movie toy 6" toy line, which featured nothing more than just only other two figures apart from this one (a movie Spider-Man and movie Lizard). You can read more about it here.
Thanks so much. I realize I had seen that one & didn't really care for it.

This new one is so much better! Any idea of release date?

Thanks again...

I also have to mention, the panel report mentioned "Target 2-pack War Machine and Iron Man Mark 27 Disco Armor."

It's 6", right? I hope this means Hasbro will finally begin making figures for the Iron Man 3 suits (Iron Legion army/diorama would be badass). Though I have to say I'm disappointed they go with Disco instead of a better known suit like Shotgun, Heartbreaker, Nightclub, Silver Centurion or Starboost. Additionally, Disco is probably one of my least favorite Iron Legion armor (together with Tiger). I really hope they use an accurate sculpt instead of just making a blue and orange repaint of a generic Iron Man armor and call it a day. I'd be even more disappointed.

I still can't believe it's 2016 and the only 6" Iron Legion action figures you can get are Comicave's die-cast figures that cost an eye. And they've only made three (Shotgun, Igor and Shade, the latter which is a repaint of Shotgun) out of 30+ so far. Well, considering Hasbro still hasn't made figures for major players of the MCU (Whiplash, Red Skull) and it took them pretty long to make figures of others (Black Widow, Falcon, Scarlet Witch), it's not a surprise.

The X-Men figures look great. Rogue, Phoenix, Kitty, Havok: no complaints. Havok's effects look great along with his sculpt. I have been wanting a new Havok for years. Cable uniform choice is a odd choice. I thought they'd go classic FA cable, but I definitely like his head and arm sculpt. I hope they give him original weapons and not the Hope summer/Forge weapons. I have all the Deadpools and don't really want anymore, but this one looks great. Just need a Polaris now Hasbro.

The X-Men figures look great. Rogue, Phoenix, Kitty, Havok: no complaints. Havok's effects look great along with his sculpt. I have been wanting a new Havok for years. Cable uniform choice is a odd choice. I thought they'd go classic FA cable, but I definitely like his head and arm sculpt. I hope they give him original weapons and not the Hope summer/Forge weapons. I have all the Deadpools and don't really want anymore, but this one looks great. Just need a Polaris now Hasbro.

And let's hope Cable is as tall as Stryfe.

first I have to say, the spoilers (the people who released the UPC lists) really ruined the excitement of this Toyfair.

That being said..................................OH MY F-ing god! these figures look fantastic. While the surprise of them was ruin looking at the figure makes me forget all that. Plus Hasbro now has a teenage mold and can wait to see all the teenagers they can make. Black Nova first Hasbro!!

so what was shown:

• Spider-man wave
    • Mile Morales- I remember when the rumoured list came out and I was the first one to say that this would be Hasbro chance to make a Teenage boy mold. Called it! The figure looks great and I can get rid of the POS one I have been using shown above.
    • Ultimate Peter Parker- Meh. I can understand the general appeal (ultimate and new teenager sculpt) but it's just another Spider-man on a teenage sculpt.
    • Hobgoblin - He looks great. The fact that he comes with both Jason Macendale and Roderick Kingsley head is a nice add on (might just use this one as Jason with my TB being Rodge).I can already see a certain green variety coming in a future wave!
    • Silk - I just started reading her book but she is a big part of Spider-verse so she is a must. I would think a adult mold would be better since she is 28 but it's not a bad figure by any means.
  • X-men wave
    • Deadpool - looks like he will be a fun figure if nothing else. love that he is coming with a load of stuff.
    • Cable - I was really worried that they would feck this one up. but my god. best looking figure of the entire wave. way ahead of Rogue. that's right I said it
    • Iceman - Ice Hair!!! Frigging Ice Hair!!!!!. (plus no shorts) Now we have a Iceman that is not a teenager or as exploding groans.
    • Havok - I love that they are using Uncanny Avengers version like we asked. Is it just me or are does Scarlet witches effect fused together?
    • Shadowcat - bye TB version. you are get replace with a much superior version.
    • Jean Grey - Happy and Disappointed at this one. Happy that we are getting a better version of the girl. sad that it's the green one again but I was expecting that. can see her being repainted in a but set. Maybe a Dark Phoenix saga one with some Hellfire club and Shiar members as a SDCC?
    • Rogue - already saw and loved her.so moving on.
    • Wolverine from the list seems to be missing but that might be cut for the next wave or a single Walgreen exclusive. as for the BAF, I still hope it's something we haven't done yet but I know it's either going to be Apocalypse or Juggernaut. Prove us wrong Hasbro!!
  • Cap wave 2
    • Cap, IM and Black Panther - movie figure. look nice. moving one.
    • Red Guardian - Love that we are getting him. we need more international patriot. hell he might be the start of the winter guard. Darkstar anyone?
    • Nick Fury - looks nice and will replace my 2-pack version. I even dove into my storage to get the shield agent head. will buy 2 for Dirk Anger.
    • Nuke - I like that Nuke is coming with a robot face. that will make a nice head for Ragnarok in next year Thor wave.
  • Cap wave 3
    • Cap - Secret wars? kinda an odd choice to make considering we don't or won't have other version of them (which reminds me I shoulda added that version to the NCS of Spider-man). the Shield effect look interesting to say the least.
    • Scarlet Witch - right she is done.
  • Doc Strange
    • Nico - yes!!!! even if I don't collect the entire wave (which is impossible for me) I will pick this girl up. I haven't read any Runaways, but any time they appear in other books, she has been my Favourite. I expect Victor Mancha in Ant-man and Wasp wave (since Hank is technicallyhis grandfather) but the rest of the Runaway might be a bit difficult.
    • Iron Fist - Nice figure and one of the most requested of him.
    • Dormammu - after reading why they decided to make him the baf, I can understand them trying to get him out to other people. it still a piss take to those who bought the sdcc. I hope Vodoo is not just a rerelease as well. (well at least Magik was worth the price as she is my ToY last year)
  • Punisher - I'm going to be honest. I frigging hate the Punisher. none of his books appeal to me. to me he is just a psycho fighting a cause that is only satisifying himself not revenging his family or helping stop crime. The figure looks good though so I might get it. Better then their last attempt.

as for what was announced:

• Walmart Exclusive 6" Winter Soldier and Falcon - im going to assume this is the Movie versions, cause they only announced the Cap Falcon in another pack and I doubt they would release a comic Falcon at the same time.
  • Target 2-pack War Machine and Iron Man Mark 27 Disco Armor - just a repaint of Civil Wars IMs in War Machine colors and the Mark 27 colors. (if it's a comic War Machine I will freak.
  • TRU 6" Kate Bishop Hawkeye Sam Wilson Cap, Marvel Now Vision - Kate Bishop...........where is my credit card need to have this set. Hasbro make Stature now!! Cap Falcon it also a great addition. Vision? I'm going to assume this is the latest version as a repaint.

that took a while.

I am mostly excited for the X-Men line. The Spiderman wave looks nice. I am happy we are getting Hobgoblin. I hope the rumored Shocker and Electro figures are on their way. I count four figures revealed so far so maybe those two will be in that wave. Some major Spider wants could be crossed off on my list. In the Civil War line all I want is Black Panther and Nick Fury. I hope the rumors are true about Tigra being on her way in wave three. Movie Falcon sounds cool.

Major Wants:

Rogue

Deadpool

Hobgoblin

Black Panther

Would Like to have if money is not too tight:

Kitty Pride

Cable

Nick Fury

May grab if I see them in store or close to retail on Ebay:

Jean Grey

Havok