Official Toyfair 2016 ML Discussion

tarot

I am mostly excited for the X-Men line. The Spiderman wave looks nice. I am happy we are getting Hobgoblin. I hope the rumored Shocker and Electro figures are on their way. I count four figures revealed so far so maybe those two will be in that wave. Some major Spider wants could be crossed off on my list. In the Civil War line all I want is Black Panther and Nick Fury. I hope the rumors are true about Tigra being on her way in wave three. Movie Falcon sounds cool.

Major Wants:

Rogue

Deadpool

Hobgoblin

Black Panther

Would Like to have if money is not too tight:

Kitty Pride

Cable

Nick Fury

May grab if I see them in store or close to retail on Ebay:

Jean Grey

Havok

Iceman

I'm getting all. Must support all X-Men character figures. The last X-Men wave was in Aug 2014, it gave us Stryfe and Jubilee of which I am grateful. It doesn't sound like that long ago, but Hasbro has made a f-ton of figures since that time. The last X-Men character was a year later in 2015 SDCC with Magik, which was another must have/most wanted. If Hasbro can keep 1 X-Men wave per year, I would be super happy, but I will take anything. Disney will not crush the X-Men! Long live Hasbro and the X-Men. Suck it, Disney! (or alternatively, please Disney, just buy the X-Men movie rights so that I can have more X-Men comics)

I am mostly excited for the X-Men line. The Spiderman wave looks nice. I am happy we are getting Hobgoblin. I hope the rumored Shocker and Electro figures are on their way. I count four figures revealed so far so maybe those two will be in that wave. Some major Spider wants could be crossed off on my list. In the Civil War line all I want is Black Panther and Nick Fury. I hope the rumors are true about Tigra being on her way in wave three. Movie Falcon sounds cool.

Major Wants:

Rogue

Deadpool

Hobgoblin

Black Panther

Would Like to have if money is not too tight:

Kitty Pride

Cable

Nick Fury

May grab if I see them in store or close to retail on Ebay:

Jean Grey

Havok

Iceman

I'm getting all. Must support all X-Men character figures. The last X-Men wave was in Aug 2014, it gave us Stryfe and Jubilee of which I am grateful. It doesn't sound like that long ago, but Hasbro has made a f-ton of figures since that time. The last X-Men character was a year later in 2015 SDCC with Magik, which was another must have/most wanted. If Hasbro can keep 1 X-Men wave per year, I would be super happy, but I will take anything. Disney will not crush the X-Men! Long live Hasbro and the X-Men. Suck it, Disney! (or alternatively, please Disney, just buy the X-Men movie rights so that I can have more X-Men comics)

I would love to buy them all but money issues say other wise. I have to pick and choose whether I like it or not. If I could afford it I would buy every Marvel Legends wave that would pop up.

First off I'd happy that they didn't do the black shorts for Iceman. That was a fear of mine. I think they started to, because he's shoeless.

For me it'll be:

Cable

Rogue

Iceman

Havok

Kitty Pryde

Silk

Miles

Hobgoblin

I'm torn on

Nick Fury - will have to see it in person. I may just snag the TB Series V Nick

Nuke

Iron Fist - looks kind of weird. He's on the Spidey-2099 body, but do I want to get green even thought I think the white is suitable?

First off I'd happy that they didn't do the black shorts for Iceman. That was a fear of mine. I think they started to, because he's shoeless.

For me it'll be:

Cable

Rogue

Iceman

Havok

Kitty Pryde

Silk

Miles

Hobgoblin

I'm torn on

Nick Fury - will have to see it in person. I may just snag the TB Series V Nick

Nuke

Iron Fist - looks kind of weird. He's on the Spidey-2099 body, but do I want to get green even thought I think the white is suitable?

Keep in mind, the other two heads that will come with Fury. I already know I'll have to get 6 (1-unopened, 1-Fury, 1-Dirk Anger, 3-masked). We have Hydra and A.I.M. soldiers. Gotta army build!

I will be getting them all but the ones I'm looking forward to:

• Cable
  • Red Guardian
  • Kate Bishop
  • Silk
  • Miles Morales
  • Captain Falcon
  • Nico
  • Iceman
  • Deadpool
  • Namor

what im not looking forward to:

• Ultimate Spider-man
  • Dormammu
  • Punisher.

I will get at least 2 Nick Furys one for Nicky himself. and the other dirk anger. I think i'll just use the 2-pack for the Shield agents.

Won't be getting any of the movie 2-packs anyway.

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=19904&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I'm only interested in the comic set.

• Kate Bishop look good.the head sculpt is nice, seem to be Gwen Stacy with glasses and I hope to see Stature soon to complete the original team.
  • Cap Falcon look to be using many part from Marvel Now cap like he should with a new Torso. Hope the final products come with attachable wings which I think they will but i'm not too bother as he is sometimes seen without them.
  • Vision look fantastic. will be my display Viz. yes it's another Vision but at least he a new version and I can see them making the 2 remaining version soon (Classic remake and the 90's one I mentioned above).

Also if I hear people complaining that he should be the movie version, then they see that this set is a comic set. make no sense to put a movie figure with 2 comic figures.

Well, I was wrong. The Disco figure isn't a lazy repaint of an Iron Man figure. It's a lazy repaint of a War Machine figure!

Considering they even used the mold of the WM MK II, wouldn't releasing a Hot Rod figure make more sense, which uses the exact same mold of the MK II?

The only accurate thing of this figure is the head. And nothing else more.

Accuracy.png

There goes my dream of Hasbro making 6" versions of the Iron Legion, or at least good ones.

Well, I was wrong. The Disco figure isn't a lazy repaint of an Iron Man figure. It's a lazy repaint of a War Machine figure!

Considering they even used the mold of the WM MK II, wouldn't releasing a Hot Rod figure make more sense, which uses the exact same mold of the MK II?

Accuracy.png

There goes my dream of Hasbro making 6" versions of the Iron Legion, or at least good ones.

I don't know dude. except for the chest piece it is pretty close.

Only because it's painted like the armor.

The thing is that for an action figure of an armor to be accurate, it's not only the paintjob that needs to match the original model. The plating, sectioning, and overall texture also need to be accurate.

In essence, for an Iron Man action figure to be accurate, you should be able to take a picture of the original model and the action figure based on it, add a greyscale filter and be able to tell they're the same.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Hot Rod Armor (which uses the exact same mold as the War Machine MK II) and Disco, in grayscale:

Greyscomparison2.png

The differences in design between the two armor are now much more noticeable.

Only because it's painted like the armor.

The thing is that for an action figure of an armor to be accurate, it's not only the paintjob that needs to match the original model. The plating, sectioning, and overall texture also need to be accurate.

In essence, for an Iron Man action figure to be accurate, you should be able to take a picture of the original model and the action figure based on it, add a greyscale filter and be able to tell they're the same.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Hot Rod Armor (which uses the exact same mold as the War Machine MK II) and Disco, in grayscale:

Greyscomparison2.png

The differences in design between the two armor are now much more noticeable.

fair enough.

Remember pinch of salt.

a Facebook have shown a listing for the upcoming waves. Wolverine is on the X-men list with Juggernaut being the BAF. Shocker has been removed from the list with Ashley Barton and Electro still on it. Space Venom is rumoured to be the BAF (cool and eh? at the same time.)

but the biggest change is the 3rd cap with along with Secret wars Cap and Scarlet Witch will be Eel and Wonder man with Cap Brit and Iron Skull still on it. as expected Abomination is rumor to be the baf.(not that I mind it remove him from a Thor wave that will have hulk in it).

a Facebook have shown a listing for the upcoming waves. Wolverine is on the X-men list with Juggernaut being the BAF. Shocker has been removed from the list with Ashley Barton and Electro still on it. Space Venom is rumoured to be the BAF (cool and eh? at the same time.)

but the biggest change is the 3rd cap with along with Secret wars Cap and Scarlet Witch will be Eel and Wonder man with Cap Brit and Iron Skull still on it. as expected Abomination is rumor to be the baf.(not that I mind it remove him from a Thor wave that will have hulk in it).

Wonderman is cool. I may and try to get him. Bummer on Shocker being removed. I really did not see Apoc. being the BAF. To me they try to stay away from X-Men movies. Space Venom, I am not excited about.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

We gotta show our support for all ML, especially the X-Men, but I gotta say the Civil War wave is a big disappointment to me. Firstly, rather than wasting 2 spots on yet another pair of movie Cap & IM figures they could have given us a much needed comic style IM. I assure you even the casual movie fan would have had no problem associating it with the movie & every one of us comic fans would have surely bought it. Seconly, the BAF is a total waste. Personally I don't like movie figs but I know a lot of collectors due so I can get past that. But this figure not only looks cheesy but it's barely taller than Hulkbuster or Toybiz's Goliath. It's more a giant man & not really a good representation of Giant Man. I'm gonna pass on this one & just buy the 4 new figs in the wave. I'm a total completist & the only other BAF I never finished by choice was the Brood Queen. I'll stick with my Toybiz Giant Man. To make things worse, the Doctor Strange wave will only be a repaint of the Dormammu exclusive & assuming the rumor that the X-Men wave BAF will be Apocalypse who already has 2 perfectly good renditions, we aren't seeing anything new. After having such a phenomenal year with BAFs last year I'm really disappointed how this year's crop is looking to pan out.

- The Giantman looks phenomenal (a little small, but we dont know how big he actually gets in the movie)...and there are a lot of collectors that are into the movie figures big time. I started back into Legends and told myself ONLY movie figures.....didnt work. lol

- I plan on purchasing the Book of Vishanti soon for the exclusives, but being able to pick up Dormammu for the every day collector is a good idea. I doubt he would fit on a single card so this was the only way to release to the general public (right now! Hoping for a deluxe line of legends).

- Xmen wave is gonna be a new Juggernaut. We do need an Apocalypse that is not super large, but oversized....better than the Series 7 rendition. A shame that he will not be included.

• 2 weeks later...