What about a straight up Army builder X-universe wave?

DSmith

Stay with me for a second...

My concept is kind of a "build your own wave", since you would have base bodies in costumes that could be multiple characters after using swappable alternate parts that specify character. With all the extra parts, most would be stored on a card behind the bubble that contains the main base figure and the BAF part. With this being a wave the consumer is intended to buy multiples of, the BAF would need to be something that would also make sense to own multiples of. Another bonus... plenty of X-characters!

1. X-uniform Male (Bucky Cap mold) - Base body would be Wolverine in his X-uniform. Yes, technically out of scale as his height needs to be "average" to be swappable to other characters, but we'll have to get over that! Interchangeable parts would be:

-Banshee screaming head and Banshee cape, which clips around wrists, knees and plugs into a hole on the back of the figure

-Forge head, mechanical left hand, mechanical right leg (plugs at thigh cut) with "fringe boot", fringe left boot

-Morph (X-Men 90s cartoon) "nice" head and "evil" head

-Gambit head, Gambit gloved hands

-interchangeable fists and open hands (since Wolverine base figure features Wolverine clawed hands)

(15 additional parts to base figure total)

2. X-uniform Female (adult female mold - most recent Storm body?) - Base figure features Storm head with short haircut from when she wore this uniform. Interchangeable parts would be:

-Siryn screaming head and same "Banshee" cape from the male figure

-Polaris head

-Psylocke head (different sculpt from X-Force SDCC pack; Jim Lee specific) and clip-on psychic knife

-alternate fists, relaxed hands, and "spellcasting" hands

(9 additional parts to base figure total)

3. New Mutants Female (teen girl body) - Base figure is a Kitty Pryde masked head. Interchangeable parts would be:

-Mirage head, spear/gun weaponry, and interchangeable fringe boots

-Karma head, power effects

-Magik head, interchangeable metal arm, soulsword

-Rahne human head & mid-transformation wolf head

-alternate lower torso which Kitty Pryde can attach to, which simulates phasing up through the floor

-alternate fists, relaxed hands, gripping hands (for Magik and Mirage weapons)

(17 additional parts to base figure total)

4. New Mutants Male (teen boy body) - Base figure is Cannonball. Interchangeable parts would be:

-"Roberto" AND Sunspot powered up heads, alternate powered up arms with "sunspots" effects

-Cypher head, alternate techno-organic warlock/Douglock limbs

-Cannonball blast effect, interchangeable at waist (takes up most space on the card behind the main figure bubble)

-alternate fists and relaxed hands

(10 additional parts to base figure total)

5. Hellfire Club Guard (Bucky Cap body)

-alternate "battle-damaged" head

-Two alternate guns

-alternate fists, gripping hands, and trigger finger hands

(7 additional parts to base figure total)

6. Madrox the Multiple Man (X-Factor Investigations) - base figure features brown trench coat

-five total alternate expression heads

-alternate arms for option to remove the trench coat and trench coat arms

-"Siamese sleeved arm" and "Siamese trench coat arm" which can link two figures to simulate duplication power

(8 additional parts to base figure total)

7. Black Queen (Moonstone body with new sculpted corset and costume detailed parts) - Base figure is Jean Grey as Black Queen

-Selene head, alternate cape, whip

-Tessa head

(4 additional parts to base figure total)

8. Stepford Cuckoos (teen girl body) - Base body is in white costume.

-five total alternate expression heads, varying hair "windblown" detail

-five total alternate arms and legs with different painted highlight color to differentiate the sisters

(20 additional parts to base figure total)

BAF - Genoshan Magistrate Tech Armor (can borrow pieces from Iron Monger/SHIELD Mandroid sculpts)

The best thing about the wave is it allows us the option to create up to 27 different unique characters through 8 packaged figure releases. 35 heads packaged for the figures total! In total there are 90 alternate parts (not counting the heads and limbs attached to the base figure in the package), which, if divided evenly between 8 figures would cost out to slightly more than 11 additional parts per figure (officially 11.25). You can army build the Cuckoos, Madrox, and the Hellfire Club guards. Since they are represented in team costumes, it still doesn't eliminate the need for some of these characters to be released in other costume versions, for example Polaris, Psylocke, Siryn, Cannonball, Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Gambit... but it still equips people with unique parts that can aid in customizing their displays.

Base figures in-package look like:

Wolverine

Storm

Kitty Pryde

Cannonball

Hellfire Club Guard

Madrox the Multiple Man

Jean Grey (as Black Queen)

Stepford Cuckoos (resembling Emma Frost to a degree)

So the figures in-package in-store will still be a bunch of heavy hitters and recognizable faces. And by redoing the X-uniform body, it allows them to align with the blue/gold color scheme we've seen in releases of Wolverine's Astonishing costume and the "All New X-Men boxed set", whereas the original Hasbro Forge release is a starkly different yellow. And the refresh of the "straps" legs will pave the way for an eventual Jim Lee Cyclops figure also. Winning!

Thoughts? Doable? Easily I can see people buying multiple cases, 3-5 cases per customer, and as many Hellfire Club goons as they want. Pricey, but basically getting roughly 30 figures out of 8 packages! A pipe dream, yes, but would you go broke buying cases?

That's a really cool idea. I was thinking of something similar the other day. Basically a 4-pack based on this version of the X-Men:

th_xmen7thlineup.jpg

The 4 pack would have 2 males bodies (average/Bucky Cap mold and bigger/Reaver mold) and 2 female bodies (small/Jubilee from latest X-Men wave and average/Storm from latest X-Men wave). It would include 8 heads: Wolverine (unmasked), Gambit, Forge, Banshee, Jubilee, Storm, Psylocke, and Polaris (though not in the picture I think she was wearing this uniform for a little bit around this time in the comics). 3 of these heads already exist (Unmasked Wolverine, Jubilee, and Psylocke) so Hasbro could just put those in without re-sculpts. Plus now that there is a Havok on the way this would be a quick and easy way to get out at least some version of Polaris. And of course throw in some interchangeable hands like claw hands, closed fists, gasping, casting, etc. If they wanted to get fancy they could include an interchangeable leg for Forge but I don't know if that is even possible.

For the accessories they could also reuse a lot of stuff already out there. Forge's gun could be a redeco of Agent Coulson's Destroyer gun from the Shield 3-pack. Jubilee could come with the energy blobs from the X-Men BAF wave. Polaris could use the Scarlet Witch energy rings (only painted green). They already have a katana for Psylocke (but could also throw in a clip on psychic knife). Even for Banshee they could use similar underarm wings that the Spider-Woman figure has, or they could do something like the recent Storm where the cape goes on the hands but instead of being locked under the torso have it plug into the back with a peg. Maybe for Gambit they could even reconfigure the the "shield throw effect" that the next Secret Wars Captain America is going to have into a "card throw effect" or just include a staff.

MSRP it at $30 and to me that just seems like a cheap way (in a good sense) to give the X-Men fans some more figures. It has the more popular characters for "name brand" appeal but also includes some lesser character that would probably never be released on their own in a wave. For Hasbro is has the advantage of a lot of stuff that is already tooled so lower production costs as well as the fact that if people want to display all 8 characters they would have to buy 2. It would also work as an X-Men army builder or for customs with the basic bodies and lots of accessories.

I need jim lee uniform bodies in my life so bad. Id get SOOOOOO many x-men in their uniforms. Head swaps and such. Im dying to have a team of x-men in their unforms. New mutants, 90's, something. Im alreayd thinking of getting 3-4 of the new kitty pryde in hopes to do some head swaps for her. Give me the blue and gold!

I don't think a wwave would work. maybe 2 box sets with 4 figures each with maybe a second head for at least 2

one with:

• Wolverine (one his own buck)
  • Gambit (I'm thinking Pizza Spidey)
  • Psylocke (Moonstone)
  • Jubilee (Her own buck)

the other

• Cypher (Teen male buck)
  • Banshee (Bucky Cap)
  • Moonstar (Medusa's buck)
  • Storm (the one she used in Jubilees wave)

I don't think a wwave would work. maybe 2 box sets with 4 figures each with maybe a second head for at least 2

one with:

• Wolverine (one his own buck)
  • Gambit (I'm thinking Pizza Spidey)
  • Psylocke (Moonstone)
  • Jubilee (Her own buck)

the other

• Cypher (Teen male buck)
  • Banshee (Bucky Cap)
  • Moonstar (Medusa's buck)
  • Storm (the one she used in Jubilees wave)

That's a good idea too. It would give us the blue and yellow uniforms in almost every body mold.

I really really like this idea but I am a bit confused. Each figure would come with all of these interchangeable parts? For example the first figure in your list would come with 3 heads, 3 sets of hands and a cape? Would Hasbro really be that good to us?