X-men wave 2 (Rumours)

tarot

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20243

what are your guys thoughts? IF true this wave would be 100% greater then the awesome wave we are just about to get and that was my best wave in the Toyfair.

• Shatterstar - I can understand the fan request but I just don't know this character. I mean when was the last time he was important or even in a comic? But new character is alway a major plus for me.
  • Colossus - I glad with this. Hopefully it will be a newer version but more the likely it will be his classic version
  • Polaris - About Fucking Time. I cannot express that enough. I don't care which version this is just get her out.
  • Sunfire - Hopefully the classic version. if not then the Uncanny Avengers version.
  • Dazzler - Fantastic. Really rounding out the Female X-men wishlist in this wave. I mean who of the major players are left?!
  • Cyclops - Some are saying it's the Jim Lee's but I'm hoping for a Teenage All-new X-men / Solo Comic Cyclops
  • Wolverine- Again!? Actually it's not that surprising. He is basically the Spider-man of the X-men and I doubt they will release X-23 version when they have 2 brand new X-ladies in this wave.

as for the BAF, given how whiners were giving out that the present BAF wasn't Apocalypse, I'm guessing that this will be that. if not Nimrod or Sauron as I think everyone is asking for those.

I'm pretty sure Colossus will be the BAF of this wave. He's a pretty big character.

Colossus wouldn't be the BAF if he is list with the store code. only single figure get that number. BAF NEVER get it.

Not to mention he really isn't big enough to be a B.A.F. They manage to get the Hulk in packaging, and he's bigger (all around) than Colossus (Though since the Abomination is going to be a Build-A-Figure, maybe it's time for Hulk figures to be one too). As for Apocalypse not being a B.A.F, the movie version isn't big enough to constitute one (hell, he was shorter than his Horsemen), and we already have a Build-A-Figure of him. Please let's not start recycling/redoing/regurgitating B.A.F's! It's bad enough we do it with the actual boxed figures themselves!

Technically, since none of this is confirmed the listed store codes mean nothing. I've seen quite a few figures listed as a regular figure only to turn out to be a BAF.

As for size, the Blob wasn't big enough to be a BAF either, but he was.

Sorry. WRONG!!! The Blob Build-A-Figure was based on Mystique's version of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Fred Dukes was 8 feet tall then, making him even taller than standard sized Hulks. I get your meaning though. The Abomination isn't really big enough to be a "large" B.A.F. at 6'8, but neither were the Rhino, Odin/King Thor or (heaven help me) Hobgoblin. Nothing actually needs to be a "big" character to be a Build-A-Figure, but the way people whine and complain about them not being "large enough", one would think the character itself needs to be big.

I am hoping for the BAF to be Bastion final Sentinel form from Second Coming, but that is a long shot.

Sauron, Strong Guy, Messiah War Apocalypse as the BAF would all be very welcome.

I'm hoping for a modern green costume for Polaris.

I'm interested in what Wolverine version they would choose. I hope it's X-23 Wolverine (not likely) or Old Man Logan. Both unlikely, but maybe!

I agree that Shatterstar is a very odd choice. He was cool 20 years ago, and is seen very rarely in comics these days, but a new character is a new character. They have a ton of X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur characters that haven't been done and that are more popular than Shatterstar.

How about a modern or updated or AoA Nightcrawler, Hasbro!?

Otherwise, this wave looks awesome! More X-Men! Yes! Cannot wait.

I hope this list is true and we are getting these. I gave up on having a 3.75 inch Dazzler and Polaris on my X-Men shelf that I bought a Dazzler custom off of Ebay and made my own Polaris by repainting a Dagger figure. I would love to have these in Legends form. Hopefully Hasbro will make a 3.75 scale version of these as well.

I hope Cyclops is the Jim Lee version. That needs a major remake and thats the version I mostly want of him. The rest I don't care about. I'll buy the whole entire case just to get Polaris, Dazzler, and Jim Lee Cyclops.

I kinda hope we get a classic Dazzler from the 80's wearing a brown jacket but I doubt that. Probably just be whatever she looks like now which I have no clue because I don't keep up with comics anymore.

If they do this Wolverine, with alternates hands and a 'Morph' Head, that would be the coolest thing in the world.

Hasbro did this Wolverine before. It was the worst.

I'll probably be picking over this wave. I'd get Shatterstar, Polaris (maybe they're inching out X-Factor), Sunfire, Dazzler and I'd have to see which Wolverine it is. There's a good chance that it'll be X-23 as Wolverine.

If they do this Wolverine, with alternates hands and a 'Morph' Head, that would be the coolest thing in the world.

Hasbro did this Wolverine before. It was the worst.

I'll probably be picking over this wave. I'd get Shatterstar, Polaris (maybe they're inching out X-Factor), Sunfire, Dazzler and I'd have to see which Wolverine it is. There's a good chance that it'll be X-23 as Wolverine.

doubt it. They were EXTREMELY generous giving 3 female figures in the Juggs wave. It might be either Tiger Strike or old man Logan considering we got Ashley Barton and he is part of the 616 X-men now.

To tell the truth i want all of my early to mid 90s toy biz days to come back in the form of Marvel Legends. I looked at that catalog the other day an thought to myself "damn, if only we had these same figures but with legends body molds back then". Just loved anything Liefield and Jim Lee Style man i cant help it.

Garrison Kane was my favorite figure as a kid. I hope they redo him via bucky Cap mold. Perfect fit for him. far as the new wave. As long as they are keeping it 90s im all for it.every figure is a must. Hope the BAF is out of left field tho. Apocalypse can wait. Give us Nimrod or Eric the Red or something.

I'm pretty sure Colossus will be the BAF of this wave. He's a pretty big character.

Colossus wouldn't be the BAF if he is list with the store code. only single figure get that number. BAF NEVER get it.

Not to mention he really isn't big enough to be a B.A.F. They manage to get the Hulk in packaging, and he's bigger (all around) than Colossus (Though since the Abomination is going to be a Build-A-Figure, maybe it's time for Hulk figures to be one too). As for Apocalypse not being a B.A.F, the movie version isn't big enough to constitute one (hell, he was shorter than his Horsemen), and we already have a Build-A-Figure of him. Please let's not start recycling/redoing/regurgitating B.A.F's! It's bad enough we do it with the actual boxed figures themselves!

This is what is ideal and what people are asking for....Does not matter how tall he is. He varies...Just like Ant Man. I for one want my Villains to be Imposing...like the Current Creel from the Current Spider-man wave.

36311-4.jpg

28044-3.jpg

That ToyBiz Marvel Legends (SilverBack) Apocalypse is severely outdated....wouldn't you say?

This is what is ideal and what people are asking for....Does not matter how tall he is. He varies...Just like Ant Man. I for one want my Villains to be Imposing...like the Current Creel from the Current Spider-man wave.

Ideal according to who? And it DOES matter. Accuracy has to count for something! And I agree with you. Villains should appear imposing. Movie Apocalypse Does not!!! As for the Absorbing Man, his being as large as he is can be excused because he was able to grow when absorbing certain things, or a lot of things. Movie En Sabah Nur did NOT grow (unless you're counting when he fought Xavier in the mindscape, which I don't).

36311-4.jpg

28044-3.jpg

That ToyBiz Marvel Legends (SilverBack) Apocalypse is severely outdated....wouldn't you say?

No...I would NOT say. There's nothing wrong with that figure. And what does that mean exactly? Outdated?! With today's Legends, It won't be anywhere near the size that B.A.F. was. As for what people are asking for, lots of people are asking for lots of characters. Sauron for one. MANY are asking for that. Should slots (both figures in waves as well as B.A.F's themselves) be taken up by recycled characters in the same costumes just to accommodate those who missed the boat the 1st go round, or have Hasbro continue to repeat the same characters until they "get it right" (which is yet another thing some peeps want to have happen over and over again)? I feel for those people, but that's what eBay is for! If you don't want to pay the crazy prices, I understand but that's on the individual. The rest of us shouldn't have to spend OUR money to accommodate those that don't want to spend theirs, and as for the other issue, they'll NEVER get it right as long as there are whiners and complainers out there...wouldn't YOU say?

you know considering Dr. Strange is not out til November and that wave wouldn't be out til then, this list seem plausible with another Spider-man wave to keep with the X-mas sales. I mean we are about the annual summer rush and then we usually get 2 wave before the Holidays. Unless they surprise us and give us one of the Legends from next year (Thor better fucking get a wave!!)

Yes, the fans have been heard. Our demands have been answered. The outlook is good that we're getting a second X-Wave this year. And we owe it all to the fans speaking out on this forum. Lol, yeah right. More likely that Marvel and Hasbro have both realized that the fans aren't ready to abandon the X-franchises quite as quickly as they were hoping we would and decided it was more lucrative for both parties to just ride the wave of popularity rather than try to bury it. Honestly, I do like some of the characters in the Inhumans line up, but nothing will replace the mutants in this fans heart.

That being said, I'm not here to try & just rub it in, cuz as they giveth, they can easily taketh away. So thanks Hasbro, if this is true, you have earned my hard earned dollars & most of my respect back. They do look amazing. I'm loving the new female mold, but I hope we haven't seen the last of the leggy Madusa mold, because it is awesome in its own right and there are still a few unmade or redue figures that it may be suited for. Secondly, I would like to think that at least part of it is due to discussions on this forum. Maybe, just a little, huh? I guess that can be left up to debate.

At any rate, I don't think there's any harm in seeing if we can make lightning strike twice, huh? Let's see if we can come to some popular agreement as to who deserves the BAF treatment.

I know, right off the bat, there are gonna be a lot of us wanting a new Apocalypse. Thought I personally believe the previous BAF was perfect, there are many who want a 6" scale version. It's been a common theme and demand throughout Legends fandom for a while, so let's assume Hasbro is well aware of it. I happen to believe it won't happen as Marvel/Disney won't want it to associate with the movie at all. And I know there's a good case to be made for some characters like Rockslide, Mammomax, Sunder or even smaller but large-ish characters like beast or Omega Red, but in my mind there's only one powerhouse left in the X-Universe that has a recurring role, yet that has been repeatedly ignored and brushed off and all around disrespected. And that, of course is my personal fan fave Guido, AKA Strong Guy. I love the flawed characters, I love the underdogs & I've loved this character since Peter David drug him outta the bowels of obscurity so many years ago. I've said it a thousand times in these forums alone, please give him some love. Hasbro has been pretty good about producing characters with those distinct looks, I'm hoping to see them nail it with this guy. Classic or modern, I don't care. I think they could pull em both off by using swappable heads and jackets. That would be this X-fan's dream come true, aside from filing out the roster of the main X-Factor team. Wolfsbane, Multiple Man, Siryne & M are still waiting in the wings Hasbro. Just saying.

Anyway, that was my long winded rant about my pick for the next BAF. What does everyone else think?

If Colosus is packed as a regular figure in the line, I would like for him to be using the Terrax / Absorbing Man / Dormamu body mold. If so for Hasbro to please modify the neck joint, they did for Juggernaut cause he looks to be based off the Rhino mold just not textured to look like animal hide. That would keep them from making the same mistake Toybiz did on their Colosus. The BAF isn't always the biggest figure of a wave. Hulk was taller than Thanos, and Thor of Odin or equal to. It would be cool for me for the BAF to be a character that hasn't been released like Sauron which could be repurposed and also bring about Lizard into a Spider-Man future line, but without it necessarily being the BAF. Don't know how many would agree with me. Either way what ever Hasbro decides to release being X-Men related I'm down as long as everything like paint, sculpt and arriculation is on point. I went ahead and preordered the first wave on BBTS to skip so many trips to Walmart, Target and TRU on this one. The Giant Man wave has been eluding my city for too long.

I'm more excited about this wave than the current/pre order X Men legends. I got into collecting after the Toy Biz era and my collection desperately needs a Colossus and Jim Lee Cyclops. I could still buy the Toy Biz ones but Cyclops seems too short and I don't like toe articulation. I love what Hasbro is doing and I hope they keep them coming.

Marvel Select tops Legends when it came to Colossus, Thanos, Sabretooth, and Juggernaut...

they are a lot cheaper than going the BAF route as well...

In terms of detail....most definitely!! Articulation leaves LOADS to be desired! In Diamond Select's defense however, they're more geared toward the\"collectible" route moreso than the display route.