Wolverine Legends Wave (RUMOUR!!!)

tarot

!!!RUMOUR!!!

A number of Facebook fan group have reported a rumour Wolverine legends to be release next year in time for the Wolverine movie. It could be part of the X-men legends or a stand along wave. As always take it as a grain of salt.

• OLD MAN LOGAN
  • MAVERICK
  • SILVER FOX
  • MYSTIQUE ( 90's Jim Lee)
  • SABRETOOTH (90's Jim Lee)
  • WEAPON X
  • X-23 (Women of Weapon X)
  • LADY DEATHSTRIKE (Women of Weapon X)
  • BAF: Silver Samurai

They also listed Blade as a Spider-man legends that could be a Walgreens exclusive

If true then:

• OLD MAN LOGAN - this one is being done since the new Wolverine Movie seems to be based on Old Man Logan storyline. be interesting to see what the figure looks like since it is part of the main universe anyway.
  • MAVERICK - Being wanted this guy for ages. Nice Addition
  • SILVER FOX - if true it might just be a repaint of the Gamora figure. nice surprise if true
  • MYSTIQUE ( 90's Jim Lee) - great. the TB one is fairly dated.
  • SABRETOOTH (90's Jim Lee) - Probably using the Hyperion body, but it nice for people couldn't get him before
  • WEAPON X - I can see why thay release this but the TB one is still good.
  • X-23 (Women of Weapon X) - Updated X-23 is a most. Actually a comic book accurate is a most.
  • LADY DEATHSTRIKE (Women of Weapon X) - hopefully it will be a new version and not just a remake.
  • BAF: Silver Samurai - absolute fantastic.

All in all not a bad wave just not fantastic.

I would say all are essential character choices and I would get all of them, for sure. If the versions are as laid out, I'm all over it. Hope X-23 would be an X-Force version.

Only thing I'd see as unlikely is four females in a Wolverine wave... That seems a bit much. We only got 3 in the X-Men wave. I could personally survive without Silver Fox, but of course I don't see her being released in any other wave but Wolverine-centric. Classic Mystique is the most-wanted female for me. Then X-23, then Lady Deathstrike, and lastly Silver Fox.

I think we can all assume that there is an upcoming

Thor, Dr Strange, Gambit and Guardians wave coming out

If they do push for another X-MEN wave, I hope they move that rumoured Shatterstar figure to Wolverines wave, and finally give us a Dani or Nightcrawler figure instead

Great time to be a Marvel Legends collector. Ive been collecting for over 10 years now, and it just gets better and better every year.

now that I think about it, ... I'm starting to think this sounds more like a SDCC exclusive..

I wouldn't be too surprised if this years con exclusive is Weapon X 5 pack, or an Alpha Flight 5 pack..

Actually, I've thought about this myself and if the exclusive is going to be X-Men based, then considering they (for the last 3 years) always have 5 packs and the majority of the figures are reuses, a very logical choice could be the Uncanny X-Men. Magneto-all Hasbro would have to do is some slight retooling and a new (his current) paint scheme, Archangel-just a new paint job, Psylocke-same,Sabretooth-same. M-could be the Moonstone buck, with a new head sculpt. It's a great way to get some current iterations as well as a never before seen character in Monet.

now that I think about it, ... I'm starting to think this sounds more like a SDCC exclusive..

I wouldn't be too surprised if this years con exclusive is Weapon X 5 pack, or an Alpha Flight 5 pack..

Actually, I've thought about this myself and if the exclusive is going to be X-Men based, then considering they (for the last 3 years) always have 5 packs and the majority of the figures are reuses, a very logical choice could be the Uncanny X-Men. Magneto-all Hasbro would have to do is some slight retooling and a new (his current) paint scheme, Archangel-just a new paint job, Psylocke-same,Sabretooth-same. M-could be the Moonstone buck, with a new head sculpt. It's a great way to get some current iterations as well as a never before seen character in Monet.

no for the past 3 year they have included 1 old figure with a repaint or redone and 4 brand new characters. that should continue to this year.

but I highly doubt they would make this list a sdcc exclusive.

no for the past 3 year they have included 1 old figure with a repaint or redone and 4 brand new characters. that should continue to this year.

but I highly doubt they would make this list a sdcc exclusive.

I did NOT say "same characters". I said "reuses" as in body molds, ergo the list with explanations of what could be done to "update" them. I"ve attended and picked up every SDCC Marvel Legends/Universe exclusive for the past 4 years. I know all of the characters They've put out.

Usually Hasbro is on the ball with these kinds of things, and since we havent seen anything X-MEN related to the film, the exclusive might tie in with the comic book event

Apocalypse Wars, or Im hoping Alpha Flight

the SDCC exclusive could be based on the Apocalypse Wars event taking place now.

They did Uncanny XForce,

Jim Lee Mystique, New Cyclops, X-23 (Wolverine), Ethan (Kid Apocalypse), Old Man Logan or Marvel NOW Magneto

Apocalypse_Wars_interconnecting_Lashley.

the new Wolverine movie is also rated R... what use would Hasbro have to have another line solely dedicated to Wolverine.

Dont get me wrong

Id love to see Deathstrike, X-23, Maverick, Silver Fox, Sabretooth, Weapon X, Old Man Logan, Silver Samurai, Mystique

but Id also love to see finally Alpha Flight, and possibly a New Mutants packs... along with a proper Nightcrawler, Jim Lee Cyclops, Colossus, Shatterstar, Gambit, Jim Lee Storm, Star Jammers ETC ETC.

No more Wolverine / Iron Man / Captain America / Hulks / Thors... we've had enuff for a lifetime.

Usually Hasbro is on the ball with these kinds of things, and since we havent seen anything X-MEN related to the film, the exclusive might tie in with the comic book event

Apocalypse Wars, or Im hoping Alpha Flight

the SDCC exclusive could be based on the Apocalypse Wars event taking place now.

They did Uncanny XForce,

Jim Lee Mystique, New Cyclops, X-23 (Wolverine), Ethan (Kid Apocalypse), Old Man Logan or Marvel NOW Magneto

Apocalypse_Wars_interconnecting_Lashley.

Evan not Ethan 😉

the new Wolverine movie is also rated R... what use would Hasbro have to have another line solely dedicated to Wolverine.

Dont get me wrong

Id love to see Deathstrike, X-23, Maverick, Silver Fox, Sabretooth, Weapon X, Old Man Logan, Silver Samurai, Mystique

but Id also love to see finally Alpha Flight, and possibly a New Mutants packs... along with a proper Nightcrawler, Jim Lee Cyclops, Colossus, Shatterstar, Gambit, Jim Lee Storm, Star Jammers ETC ETC.

No more Wolverine / Iron Man / Captain America / Hulks / Thors... we've had enuff for a lifetime.

so was deadpool. the only difference is

1. you really can't make a wave based around him (none of his villians last that long)
  2. There only starting to do the X-men figures again
  3. like you said, wolverine is the second most popular Marvel Character ever. they should really make a wave based him.
  4. It's Hugh Jackson last film. I think hasbro could do a wave to commend him (even if they can't do movie figure fr Fox brands.

but like I said this list is a rumour and if extremely likely to change like we saw with the recent Spider-man and Cap wave just put up.

I really don't think we would he a X-men based SDCC set. would I love one (particularly Alpha Flight)? Yes. but hasbro has shown the last 2 years that they try and give us a "preview" of the theme wave in the next year. first it was the Thanos Imperative connection to GOTG and then it was the Book of The Vishanti for the Dr. Strange. this year I think they will go for either Thor (thor and the warriors 3 and sif maybe?) or another Cosmic set.

Since I have an extra Stryfe figure with Jubilee BAF head, im gonna hunt down an extra Kitty Pryde

Jub-Kitty_zps5ncjczi7.png

I think she looks better in that costume anyways.

I hope one of these X-MEN waves has a Professor X with hover chair, since the Toy Biz one seems outdated now.

I have a Jubilee head also. Its on the teenage Spidergirl body at the moment. I have been debating about doing what you did there. I have to see if that head fits that body first though.

I really don't think we would he a X-men based SDCC set. would I love one (particularly Alpha Flight)? Yes. but hasbro has shown the last 2 years that they try and give us a "preview" of the theme wave in the next year. first it was the Thanos Imperative connection to GOTG and then it was the Book of The Vishanti for the Dr. Strange. this year I think they will go for either Thor (thor and the warriors 3 and sif maybe?) or another Cosmic set.

I am kinda hoping we might get a Fantastic Four box set somewhere as an exclusive. Either SDCC, Amazon, Toys R Us, EntertainmentEarth or Target. Man I want that team so bad.

I am kinda hoping we might get a Fantastic Four box set somewhere as an exclusive. Either SDCC, Amazon, Toys R Us, EntertainmentEarth or Target. Man I want that team so bad.

I have a feeling the SDCC set is gonna have something to do with those dreaded anti-mutants The Inhumans. I know the movie got put on hold but I still think Marvel/Disney are determined to give it one more push before they completely give up on them and with no movie there's really no way to pitch them to mass retailers. Maybe an AOS set. They'd been hinting at a Daisy figure for a while now, they can reuse/repaint the Coulson figure and probably Blackbolt (perhaps with improved wings). They've done Triton & Lockjaw in 4" which usually (but not always) means a 6" is on the way. As most of the exclusive sets are majority repaints with only 1 or 2 new figures, this would fit right with the standard formula.

Similarly, I could see them doing a Netflix Defenders wave with Fisk as the large figured (wouldn't a JR,Jr style Kingpin be awesome?), repaints of DD, Iron Fist & Cage. Jessica Jones and possibly Purple Man (the Coulson mold awaits) being the only new figures. All of these characters are now officially part of the MCU but with no movie exposure a few of these characters wouldn't otherwise see the light of day at retail.

I have a feeling the SDCC set is gonna have something to do with those dreaded anti-mutants The Inhumans. I know the movie got put on hold but I still think Marvel/Disney are determined to give it one more push before they completely give up on them and with no movie there's really no way to pitch them to mass retailers. Maybe an AOS set. They'd been hinting at a Daisy figure for a while now, they can reuse/repaint the Coulson figure and probably Blackbolt (perhaps with improved wings). They've done Triton & Lockjaw in 4" which usually (but not always) means a 6" is on the way. As most of the exclusive sets are majority repaints with only 1 or 2 new figures, this would fit right with the standard formula.

Similarly, I could see them doing a Netflix Defenders wave with Fisk as the large figured (wouldn't a JR,Jr style Kingpin be awesome?), repaints of DD, Iron Fist & Cage. Jessica Jones and possibly Purple Man (the Coulson mold awaits) being the only new figures. All of these characters are now officially part of the MCU but with no movie exposure a few of these characters wouldn't otherwise see the light of day at retail.

I would love a another chance to get a Luke Cage figure. I missed out on the last one. I am still holding out hope for a FF set somewhere someday.