Big Bad Toy store

Heisenberg

they are. in fact they are great. some have even gotten them already from BBTS. It may just be the case that they are doing them in order and you ordered them to late for the first batch. you might be next on the list. don't forget for E-Tailers, it's first come first serve.

I thought I ordered it the very first day it was available if not the first a day or two after. It was June 1st I believe. If something went wrong with my pre-order or it was sent out I would get an update correct? When I log into BBTS it just says preorder 3rd quarter.

I thought I ordered it the very first day it was available if not the first a day or two after. It was June 1st I believe. If something went wrong with my pre-order or it was sent out I would get an update correct? When I log into BBTS it just says preorder 3rd quarter.

You also must take into consideration it read "pre-order 3rd quarter". That can mean July, August, or even September.

You could try emailing them and asking about your status. Tell them you pre-ordered on June 1st and you heard of people already getting theirs. Never hurts incase they may accidentally skipped over you. I imagine thats not the case. I pre-orderd mine on June 1st as well and have not gotten them but it was through another company. I think mine maybe being held because I pre-ordered some Spidey figures as well that day and their free shipping policy states that they have to wait till all my orders come in before they ship.

I'm also in the same situation. Ordered June 1st, ship date bumped back. I figure while it may have been the first day, i wasn't one of the first to order.

However there is a bright side...more money can go to the SDCC exclusive in the meantime.

Got my XMEN wave last Tuesday and the Space Venom wave this past Monday from EE. I really never understood why people shop BBTS. I mean the ONLY thing I can think of is because they offer more "individual" figs where EE is more Case or Set based but other than that, EE is far superior.

You pay retail msrp

You don't pay tax

I have paid for shipping in years

The figures arrive mint (at no extra cost)

Their customer service is phenomenal

Returns/Exhanges are TRULY hassle free

AND, based on these comments, they ship out much quicker too.

Just thought I'd pass that along to people that are frustrated with BBTS or have never used a toy etailer before...EE is the bomb

Sorry, meant to say "have NOT paid shipping in years"

What I mean by that is they offer free shipping on so much stuff and they always send you a flyer with your box that contains a free shipping code than can be used as much as you want. Additionally, if you have at least $80-100 in your cart and it doesn't show free shipping in the menus (does that when your order is split between in-stock merch and pre-order product) you can just simply call them up and place the order by phone...they will give you free shipping lol

Got my XMEN wave last Tuesday and the Space Venom wave this past Monday from EE. I really never understood why people shop BBTS. I mean the ONLY thing I can think of is because they offer more "individual" figs where EE is more Case or Set based but other than that, EE is far superior.

You pay retail msrp

You don't pay tax

Just thought I'd pass that along to people that are frustrated with BBTS or have never used a toy etailer before...EE is the bomb

did you seriously make an account just to advertise EE? EE is nice but BBTS has a more friendly staff and a more friendly international shipping price.

I have never had an issue with BBTS, or EE for that matter, I just got a better price at BBTS this time. I Preordered the X-Men wave during BBTS's second round of preorders, and someone said the initial shipments of the wave were small, and that more would be arriving in August. My estimated date changed from July to 3rd Quarter and I figure that's why. While I'm super antsy about getting the figures I just keep telling myself they'll be here eventually and this is better than the frustration that comes with hunting through brick and mortar stores

You pay retail msrp

You don't pay tax

They do charge tax if you live in California. Same as BBTS if you live in their state. As far as how quickly they ship, I still haven't gotten ANY waves yet, and I ordered all three (Cap CW3, Spider-Man Venom, and X-Men). And I ordered them nearly as soon as they went up on EE. YOU were fortunate (aka lucky) because they operate on a 1st come , 1st serve system(as it should be). They served up what they had, and ran out and have yet to be resupplied. I'm quite sure that's the case with BBTS and other etailers, so let's not dole out too much praise. You got yours quick. You lucked up. Be happy with that because if you were me (and we ordered from the same place) you'd be singing a different tune.

@Heisenberg

-Yeah you nailed it lol EE paid me $12,731 for my post about them lol. Seeing as this entire thread from what I could tell was about the ins and outs of an etailer, I figured I would share my experiences about MY etailer of choice. As far customer service goes, It's great to hear BBTS also has outstanding staff so I guess we both win. Then again, my ideal etailer means i really shouldn't have to talk to people that much and I've probably gotten on the phone with EE like 15 times over the course of 12 years and an my average annual EE bill is around $5K give or take so I do put them through the motions lol. Also, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what EE charges for intl shipping so if BBTS is way cheaper than that makes a perfect case for choosing them over EE lol.

@Rukkdeez

-I didn't know they charge Cali tax (live in FL) so I stand corrected on the "they don't charge tax" line for sure lol.

As far as me being lucky goes...I think it's more to the tune of you being unlucky? From your comment on the state tax, I'm reading that you live in Cali? If that's true, then that is utterly mystifying how you don't have your waves yet. Having said that, circling back to me being "lucky", me, my 4 buddie who also collect and my Dad, all ordered our waves (all 3 as well) on 6/1 (day they went live on EE) and all of us got our shipments (for both X and Spidey) on the exact same day. Basically, as bizarre as it sounds, I'm assuming that South Florida distribution has just a quicker turn time for shipping then other states, even CA...which again I find to be bizzare.

Thanks for the comments guys, I actually learned some stuff I didn't know! And yes, I'm new to the site (as far as posting)

Regards,

It's actually not all that surprising when you think about the logistics. Most toy companies receive their product from China, shipments from China come into the States in California(either San Diego or San Francisco). If Hasbro has a distribution center in California then it's not surprising that EE got their product in stock first, so it shipped out, probably before BBTS even got their shipments into the warehouse. As for the limited stock of waves, as I've seen around other boards a lot of people ordered from BBTS and only went to EE once BBTS sold out, so if EE had less orders to fill in general, that's why everyone who ordered from EE has or is getting there waves and those of us who were at the tail end of the BBTS orders waiting because our waves are technically on back order

@Rukkdeez

-I didn't know they charge Cali tax (live in FL) so I stand corrected on the "they don't charge tax" line for sure lol.

As far as me being lucky goes...I think it's more to the tune of you being unlucky? From your comment on the state tax, I'm reading that you live in Cali? If that's true, then that is utterly mystifying how you don't have your waves yet. Having said that, circling back to me being "lucky", me, my 4 buddie who also collect and my Dad, all ordered our waves (all 3 as well) on 6/1 (day they went live on EE) and all of us got our shipments (for both X and Spidey) on the exact same day. Basically, as bizarre as it sounds, I'm assuming that South Florida distribution has just a quicker turn time for shipping then other states, even CA...which again I find to be bizzare.

Thanks for the comments guys, I actually learned some stuff I didn't know! And yes, I'm new to the site (as far as posting)

Regards,

No, it's not that I'm "unlucky". I get my figures thru them wholesale (and yes, that means I don't pay sales tax), but as I stated earlier, they operate on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. Unfortunately this also applies to wholesale clients. Their retail customers have 1st priority so I'm sure you can now see my dilemma. The biggest problem faced in this situation is when it comes to selling them. It takes so long to get them, that by the time we do, everyone who was interested in them has likely already gotten them. This makes it very difficult, especially when you consider local shops have to charge more than $20-$22.

When do you guys think we will start seeing the X-Men wave in the wild? Think we will see it before A-Bomb and Space Venom? I literally go to TRU 5 days a week, hit up 2 Wal Marts and 2 Targets every other day and once a week try and visit another 3 Wal Marts that are a bit of a drive. I am insane.

Also, any word yet on what day we will see HTS listing Marvel Legends Raft box set and 3.75 Howard the Duck set?

When do you guys think we will start seeing the X-Men wave in the wild? Think we will see it before A-Bomb and Space Venom? I literally go to TRU 5 days a week, hit up 2 Wal Marts and 2 Targets every other day and once a week try and visit another 3 Wal Marts that are a bit of a drive. I am insane.

Also, any word yet on what day we will see HTS listing Marvel Legends Raft box set and 3.75 Howard the Duck set?

Tell me something, are the stores you've attended still loaded with figures from past waves? I ask because even the Giant-Man wave has been rarely seen in the B&M's. The local shops started getting them but no joy for the likes of Toys-R-Us, Target and Wally World. I believe it's directly related to the over abundance of figs still warming the pegs. As for your HTS question, it should be sometime next week. Most likely Tuesday, but that's no guarantee.

In my experience (I don't hunt but have been hitting up at least 1-2 target,TRU & Walmart every weekend for the new exclusives) all I ever see is pegs PACKED with AllFather...

I've seen the whole absorbing man/onslaught wave a few times and I occasionally see a guardian,Cap & MK46 but mostly AllFather with a splash of HulkBuster and a dash of speedballs and whirlwinds clustered up here and there.

I'm thinking about buying that new $275 metal cap shield and bashing all the pegs of AllFather of the aisles for fun.

Tell me something, are the stores you've attended still loaded with figures from past waves? I ask because even the Giant-Man wave has been rarely seen in the B&M's. The local shops started getting them but no joy for the likes of Toys-R-Us, Target and Wally World. I believe it's directly related to the over abundance of figs still warming the pegs. As for your HTS question, it should be sometime next week. Most likely Tuesday, but that's no guarantee.

I think you bring up a very good point. Right now its mostly the first Civil War wave and Spiderman Rhino BAF wave I see everywhere except for the most desired figures (Venom,SpiderGwen, Taskmaster) but a crap load of Speedballs and Agent 13. I think Hasbro screws itself over with their horrible distribution practices. By the time they get the figures on the shelf most people like me and you will have bought them from a comic shop or online and its a vicious cycle because then the figures just sit there and it takes even longer to get the next wave out. At my store they have sent me 3 of the first Civil War wave so it just sits. If they would have sent me Giant Man wave it would be gone.