Official SDCC 2016 ML Discussion

tarot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it won't be Blade, I know that! If this true about the 8 figures, I lover that! Mo', mo' MO' I always say! Plus no unwanted extras in the case! Straight up win-win! Oh, and they also have a custom (as in will NOT be released) of Terror Inc.

I noticed that Blade in the display case from the pics and was like WTF. That was cruel. Will Kamla come with interchangeable arms; I see that Nico has an interchangeable one.

that spiderman wave looks pretty exciting. Black suit spiderman, jackal, electro and green goblin get here now! Has anyone noticed the burrito/chimichanga in the case that was in a picture from marvelousnews?? it looks to be near an ironman and captain america

Yep! It's with the 12" figures. Some breaking news; the new Spider-Man 2099 fig is on a new buck, and ain't the half! They're going to use it to make a new Silver Surfer! What does that tell you (remember, Fox holds the rights to all Fantastic Four related characters)? Rumor mill around here is Marvel may be reacquiring those licenses, and by extencion..Disney.

back from work and now have to ramble.

first the doc stranges wave (not including the 3 we already knew.)

• Comic Strange - The only reason I can think of them rereleasing this Malibu Stacy figure is cause all the budget went into the Benedict and Mordo figures.
  • Voodoo - I have the SDCC figure. it was great I suppose it nice that is different at least
  • Movie Strange - Epic. That the only word I can use for this figure. It may not look exactly like the actor but that is expected
  • Movie Mordo - It does look like a Star War figure. are they using the same mold. Anyway, it's nice but kinda wish it was a comic version (we will have you some day). Hasbro use this figure to make Shang-Chi!!!
  • as for whether Enchantress and the Ancient One being in it, I honestly hope only Enchantress is in it. The movie Ancient one is white-washing at it's best. Hopfully if there is a 8th figure it will be something knew. Maybe Blade or Else Bloodstone. maybe when Baron Mordo.
  • On another note, I love that Nico comes with a changable arm. not hand. not forearm. an entire Arm.

Spidey next, Spiders First

• Symbiote Spider-man - I'm sorry Rukkdezz, but this is NOT a wasted slot. this figure look frigging awesome. (plus it gets it out of the way. You may hate me for saying this but I hope we get Iron Spider next).
  • ANAD Spider-Man 2099 - This looks epic. I have not read any ANAD yet but this figure looks awesome. The costume is a fantastic design.
  • Spider-UK- I know people are giving out that he shouldn't be made but more Spider-verse / Web Warriors are a most.
  • Ms Marvel- I am delighted we are getting her. She is a great character. To answer everyone question if you look at the Showroom and the promo images you will see she has 2 different arms. So yes she has different arms.
  • Jackel - Best news of this wave. I really think this is a under estimated villian. he was responsible for the Infamous Clone saga and the Spider-Island arc. A Character that really deserves a figure.and the figure look fantastic. really shows off the character. Maybe he can be used for Perez Beast, Wildchild, Puma the list goes on.
  • Green Goblin- I knew he was coming kinda wished the left he for another wave but out of the way now. Nice that the glider is different. Time to retire TB (which I love but has not aged well)
  • as for the BAF and Shocker, the weekend is only starting so I hope they get reveal soon. Maybe tomorrow. Please hasbro don't leave Shocker go again. Maybe they will reveal Sandman will be the BAF and Shocker will have some pack in.

as for the three that was revealed in the Live Stream (don't worry since it was on the MNews FB page.

13782028_1196217063732064_39553074945268

I think these as one of three wave Dazzler for X, Angela for Thor and Black Nova for GOTG

as for the figures themselves from right to left.

• Black Nova - I can't believe it. I frigging called it. I CALLED IT (look you the post TF thing from the NSC thread) I love we are getting this. Now just Lady Thor and ANAD Iron man and we complete
  • Angela - well worth voting for. she looks gorgeous. I surprised they didn't try and PG rated her.
  • Dazzler- Disco Frigging Dazzler. With Roller Frigging Blade. Need I say anymore. This figure alone make Hasbro win the con. and it's only the first day.The fact that they took the effort to make Roller Stakes really make me believes that Hasbro loves what they are doing and puts the efforts into this.

<p>

back from work and now have to ramble.

first the doc stranges wave (not including the 3 we already knew.)

• Comic Strange - The only reason I can think of them rereleasing this Malibu Stacy figure is cause all the budget went into the Benedict and Mordo figures.
  • Voodoo - I have the SDCC figure. it was great I suppose it nice that is different at least
  • Movie Strange - Epic. That the only word I can use for this figure. It may not look exactly like the actor but that is expected
  • Movie Mordo - It does look like a Star War figure. are they using the same mold. Anyway, it's nice but kinda wish it was a comic version (we will have you some day). Hasbro use this figure to make Shang-Chi!!!
  • as for whether Enchantress and the Ancient One being in it, I honestly hope only Enchantress is in it. The movie Ancient one is white-washing at it's best. Hopfully if there is a 8th figure it will be something knew. Maybe Blade or Else Bloodstone. maybe when Baron Mordo.
  • On another note, I love that Nico comes with a changable arm. not hand. not forearm. an entire Arm.
Spidey next, Spiders First
  • Symbiote Spider-man - I'm sorry Rukkdezz, but this is NOT a wasted slot. this figure look frigging awesome. (plus it gets it out of the way. You may hate me for saying this but I hope we get Iron Spider next).
  • ANAD Spider-Man 2099 - This looks epic. I have not read any ANAD yet but this figure looks awesome. The costume is a fantastic design.
  • Spider-UK- I know people are giving out that he shouldn't be made but more Spider-verse / Web Warriors are a most.
  • Ms Marvel- I am delighted we are getting her. She is a great character. To answer everyone question if you look at the Showroom and the promo images you will see she has 2 different arms. So yes she has different arms.
  • Jackel - Best news of this wave. I really think this is a under estimated villian. he was responsible for the Infamous Clone saga and the Spider-Island arc. A Character that really deserves a figure.and the figure look fantastic. really shows off the character. Maybe he can be used for Perez Beast, Wildchild, Puma the list goes on.
  • Green Goblin- I knew he was coming kinda wished the left he for another wave but out of the way now. Nice that the glider is different. Time to retire TB (which I love but has not aged well)
  • as for the BAF and Shocker, the weekend is only starting so I hope they get reveal soon. Maybe tomorrow. Please hasbro don't leave Shocker go again. Maybe they will reveal Sandman will be the BAF and Shocker will have some pack in.
as for the three that was revealed in the Live Stream (don't worry since it was on the MNews FB page.

13782028_1196217063732064_39553074945268

I think these as one of three wave Dazzler for X, Angela for Thor and Black Nova for GOTG

as for the figures themselves from right to left.

• Black Nova - I can't believe it. I frigging called it. I CALLED IT (look you the post TF thing from the NSC thread) I love we are getting this. Now just Lady Thor and ANAD Iron man and we complete
  • Angela - well worth voting for. she looks gorgeous. I surprised they didn't try and PG rated her.
  • Dazzler- Disco Frigging Dazzler. With Roller Frigging Blade. Need I say anymore. This figure alone make Hasbro win the con. and it's only the first day.The fact that they took the effort to make Roller Stakes really make me believes that Hasbro loves what they are doing and puts the efforts into this.

You truly got your ramble on! I'll try to address your topics, at least what I one know; 1st let me say Hasbro will reveal a lot more than they have in the past at the panel Saturday (according to Dwight).

I can't front. That Symbiite Spider-Man looks fantastic, however, great sculpts or articulation doesn't dismiss the FACT it is still a redo. Hell, it BETTER be improved if we have to spend our money twice on the same iteration of a character but the bottom line is it's a character we already have. Put the redo's in exclusive lines w/o BAF parts like Walgreens. And no I don't hate you Tarot LOL. In fact if they make the Iron Spider the Mary Jane version, I'm all in!

I can tell you unequivocally they will NOT be releasing Blade (he's on display in their diorama. Both Dwight and Tony told me as soon as I entered the booth I'm gonna be mad).

That Spider-Man 2099 is on a new buck (as well as the Jackal and Spider UK),and they're going to use it to make a new Silver Surfer.

Everything else you mentioned is either spot on, or to be seen as the con progresses.

I'm really surprised they outright said they are making a silver surfer...seems kinda awkward. However, if we wind up getting a whole FF wave then my brain will most likely melt from the excitement. All I want is ONE GUARANTEED Xmen, Avengers, Captain America and FF-(I can dream) wave per year...regardless of what the movie schedule is.

I forgot to mention today's competition is between Solo and...SONGBIRD! I have no doubt who's winning that!

yep songbird has this won. https://www.instagram.com/p/BIH9T1nDu2Z/?taken-by=hasbropulse

when are hasbro (or indeed any toy company) going to learn that when it comes to fan polls women always win.

Tarot, I am aware that Udon came around after the 1970s...lol but thanks for the history lesson :)

To me, that Dazzler figure reminds me more of past Udon work than the 1970s depictions and being as in love with Udon as I am, I figured it was worth citing them as creative influence seeing as I personally see more Udon in that fig than vintage era incarnation.

Regardless, unless I see a shocker and movie crossbones fig on display, SDCC 2016 is gonna be Dazzler all the way for me!

Speaking of Dreaming...i still can't get over we are getting an UDON DAZZLER. Hopefully Agent X is inbound and an entire Udon Wave also sounds good to me...

Agent X would be awesome!

To be honest I think that it's about time we got a new symbiote spiderman. The old one is starting to really hit the roof in price and the pizza spiderman body is the best one I have seen so far (and I've had the McFarlan for years). If they fix they legs so they can swing out wider then it will be the definitive one in my book. As long as they are putting out good character designs and have good paint quality, I'm in.

Is it me or does the jackal look a little too bulky? The body is dreat on Spider UK but I always thought of jackal as being a bit short and skinny ( I will still be getting it , hell then entire wave!)

Speaking og Spider UK, he only makes sense to me if they make an Anansi figure to pair him with! That story was one of my favs.

Speaking of Dreaming...i still can't get over we are getting an UDON DAZZLER. Hopefully Agent X is inbound and an entire Udon Wave also sounds good to me...

Agent X would be awesome!

To be honest I think that it's about time we got a new symbiote spiderman. The old one is starting to really hit the roof in price and the pizza spiderman body is the best one I have seen so far (and I've had the McFarlan for years). If they fix they legs so they can swing out wider then it will be the definitive one in my book. As long as they are putting out good character designs and have good paint quality, I'm in.

Is it me or does the jackal look a little too bulky? The body is dreat on Spider UK but I always thought of jackal as being a bit short and skinny ( I will still be getting it , hell then entire wave!)

Speaking og Spider UK, he only makes sense to me if they make an Anansi figure to pair him with! That story was one of my favs.

He already makes sense since he's the leader of the Web Warriors, and we now have several of them. And I agree about the Jackal. Maybe not short but definitely skinny. He should look gangly.

Wow, Disco Dazzler!!! I'm still going to hold out hope for an 80s "Pryde of the X-Men" blue leotard Dazzler just so she meshes better in the display, but super fun. I love all the details, from the rainbow light accessory to the disco ball necklace, to the roller skates, to the feathered hair, to the collar and flares on her jumpsuit... It's giving me pure Three's Company realness and I LOVE it.

Also glad that we'll get more than one GOTG wave, since there are so many cosmic characters I want to see... Moondragon, Mantis, Starfox, Sersi, Nebula, Monica Rambeau...