Official SDCC 2016 ML Discussion

tarot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you are not going to see crossbones that's for sure.

Naturally, Hasbro's inability to make cool as movie villain figs seemingly knows no bounds...so disgusted

Well I believe the issue with that is Crossbones had what...TEN minutes of screen time?!?!??! And then you know how he wound up (not saying for fear of spoilers for any who haven't seen)!

Tarot, I am aware that Udon came around after the 1970s...lol but thanks for the history lesson :)

To me, that Dazzler figure reminds me more of past Udon work than the 1970s depictions and being as in love with Udon as I am, I figured it was worth citing them as creative influence seeing as I personally see more Udon in that fig than vintage era incarnation.

Regardless, unless I see a shocker and movie crossbones fig on display, SDCC 2016 is gonna be Dazzler all the way for me!

I want a movie vision figure!

I hear you! I can't finish my airport scene without him!

Tarot, I am aware that Udon came around after the 1970s...lol but thanks for the history lesson :)

To me, that Dazzler figure reminds me more of past Udon work than the 1970s depictions and being as in love with Udon as I am, I figured it was worth citing them as creative influence seeing as I personally see more Udon in that fig than vintage era incarnation.

Regardless, unless I see a shocker and movie crossbones fig on display, SDCC 2016 is gonna be Dazzler all the way for me!

I want a movie vision figure!

Figuarts is your best bet for a Movie Vision for the foreseeable future. They are making a 6 inch Movie Vision, but it will be pricey.

1. I am happy for the next Spiderman wave and glad the rumors were true except that Shocker was missing. I hope he is included and revealed soon, I love that Black Suit Spidey. Green Goblin is my main want and I think he looks GREAT!!! Jackal is a maybe. I think I will pass on everyone else.

2. The Dr. Strange wave looks really good. Pisses me off that they look to be repacking the Dr. Strange we got last year except that he will be having his cape. I just feel cheated that it was not included with the one we already got. I probably will pass on this wave but will say it looks really good. I wish I could afford to get all of these.

3. Sucks about Blade. I have been wanting him ever since they showed him the first time in 2012 I believe.

4. I am happy to see Dazzler and Angela. Not the Dazzler I been wanting but I will take it and she looks amazing. Hope Polaris is true as well with that X-Men rumor. I am glad they chose that version of Angela.

5. I cross my fingers hoping that they reveal that the rumored wave 2 of X-Men Legends is true. I want Polaris and Jim Lee Cyclops done right this time.

Great Year so far!

next faceoff is up. Typhoid Mary VS Lasher. Bit of a harder one as I want them both but have to go with Mary since DD needs some more villians besides the 3 he has.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIKiKKxDpws/?taken-by=hasbropulse

I'm of a mind Songbird is taking the whole thing so any other choice made is like like voting for an independent presidential candidate! Lol. Nah, We will see!!!

next faceoff is up. Typhoid Mary VS Lasher. Bit of a harder one as I want them both but have to go with Mary since DD needs some more villians besides the 3 he has.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIKiKKxDpws/?taken-by=hasbropulse

I'm of a mind Songbird is taking the whole thing so any other choice made is like like voting for an independent presidential candidate! Lol. Nah, We will see!!!

maybe it's like the last one and we are getting all the finalists.

I just thinking. with the Thor being considered a cosmic being in the MCU, do you think they may combine that and GOTG into one line? Kinda like how Spider-man has some other character like DD and other or X-men with Deadpool. I could see them doing that if they don't do a Thor line. but please do at least a Thor Wave Hasbro!! Even if half of it is a Movie wave.

I just thinking. with the Thor being considered a cosmic being in the MCU, do you think they may combine that and GOTG into one line? Kinda like how Spider-man has some other character like DD and other or X-men with Deadpool. I could see them doing that if they don't do a Thor line. but please do at least a Thor Wave Hasbro!! Even if half of it is a Movie wave.

Agreed. Some is always better than none. Got to the Con late today. This is fascinating news.

I'm just going to run them down, then formulate in my next post:

2016-3.75" Gamora,Starlord, GROOT and Rocket

6" 2017-Angela will be with Guardians, Vance Astro, Darkhawk, Titus BAF

X-Men-Sunfire, Colossus, Polaris, Jim Lee Cyclops, Warock BAF

Jewel, AOA Magneto, Hydra Cap

Spectrum, Maryjane, Shocker,Spider-Man in 3.75", Dark Phoenix,

6" Sue Storm and H.E.R.B.I.E.

Now to make sense of my last post;

The remainder of 2016 that we don't already know about consists of 3.75" GOTG set with Starlord, GROOT and Rocket all in blue uniforms plus Gamora.

2017 6"- GOTG- Angela, Black Nova, Vance Astro, Darkhawk and 3 MCU figures to be announced Plus Titus BAF (Black Nova bad guy)

X-Men 6"- Sunfish (classic), Colossus (modern), Polaris (classic), Jim Lee Cyclops, Warlock BAF

Spectrum (Monica Rambeau), Sue Storm w/H.E.R.B.I.E., Maryjane Watson, Dark Phoenix.

3.75"-New Spider-Man sculpt, Shocker, Jessica Jones as Jewel, AOA Magneto and Hydra Captain America.

Angela is a new sculpt in between the Moonstone and She-Hulk molds.

HUH! oh sorry I just fainted at the share awesomeness of some of the reveals in the panel. Still no word on the Spider-man BAF or if Shocker is in it or whether or not Enchantress and Ancient one are in the DS wave, but none the less awesome

Ramble time!!!

GOTG:

This has probably being the best wave I have seen in this SDCC. just the selection alone make it worth while and no A-list character................yet!

• Kid Nova - like I said I'm glad we are getting him.
  • Angela - I voted for her and here she is. now we have the Lesbian Asgardain Warrior.
  • Major Victory/Vance Astro - People who have seen my dream GOTG waves know I alway include this character so I am delighted to get him. I hope they do most of the Original Team as well.
  • Darkhawk - well this just proves the theory that all the finalists are getting made. You know what that means. Mysterio. also this is a awesome figure.
  • Titus - I always said that the best thing about Hasbro is their character selection. this just proves they beat anyone in that category. Nice for Kid Nova to have some one to fight.

X-men wave

The first wave was awesome but not alot of new characters.This wave announcement just spat on that wave (which I still haven't recieve), threw mud on it and left it to rot. In case it's not clear, this wave is 100 times better then the current wave.

• Dazzler - like I said before. Disco Frigging Dazzler on roller stake. Nuff said
  • Sunfire - oh thank god they went with this one and not the AOA again. Huge improvement over that.
  • Colossus - glad they went with a updated look for the character. he look great. can finally retire the TB one.
  • Polaris - I think i said the same thing when the rumour appeared. Fina-Fucking-lly!!. Ironic she comes with her boyfriends effects.
  • Cyclops - I have the TB one and seeing this one makes me now regret spending that obscene amount on it. glad for finallyy getting a update.
  • Warlock - lets face it guys, I don't think anyone was expecting this. Awesome. I scream so load I almost woke my niece.

as for the sneak peeks;

• Monica Rambeau - kinda disappoint that she is in that costume. would have preferred the Mighty Avengers Spectrum version at least. but then again finally have her. I'm thinking she will be for the Black Panther wave.
  • Mary Jane - very unexpected. I guess hasbro really do listen to fans.
  • Invisible Woman and Herbie - F4 wave coming. maybe a box set. I need to know.
  • Dark Pheonix - is this 6'inch or 3 3/4 inch? I need it look like it is just the recent one repainted.
  • as for the Thor and Hulk teaser. given that the head looks like the back of Classic Thors this more or less confirms a Thor wave!!!!! Also that added hammer twirling effect looks nice. The black foot is obviously the Hulk.
  • What's with the ninja are we getting new hand ninja? and that Matt Mordock face look cartoony so I'm guessing we are getting a Man without fear figure.

only one day left and that's it. I doubt we get too many reveals tommorrow but hopefully the Spider-man baf and the shocker at minimum. Though they never do that on the last day.

HUH! oh sorry I just fainted at the share awesomeness of some of the reveals in the panel. Still no word on the Spider-man BAF or if Shocker is in it or whether or not Enchantress and Ancient one are in the DS wave, but none the less awesome

Ramble time!!!

GOTG:

This has probably being the best wave I have seen in this SDCC. just the selection alone make it worth while and no A-list character................yet!

• Kid Nova - like I said I'm glad we are getting him.
  • Angela - I voted for her and here she is. now we have the Lesbian Asgardain Warrior.
  • Major Victory/Vance Astro - People who have seen my dream GOTG waves know I alway include this character so I am delighted to get him. I hope they do most of the Original Team as well.
  • Darkhawk - well this just proves the theory that all the finalists are getting made. You know what that means. Mysterio. also this is a awesome figure.
  • Titus - I always said that the best thing about Hasbro is their character selection. this just proves they beat anyone in that category. Nice for Kid Nova to have some one to fight.
X-men wave

The first wave was awesome but not alot of new characters.This wave announcement just spat on that wave (which I still haven't recieve), threw mud on it and left it to rot. In case it's not clear, this wave is 100 times better then the current wave.

• Dazzler - like I said before. Disco Frigging Dazzler on roller stake. Nuff said
  • Sunfire - oh thank god they went with this one and not the AOA again. Huge improvement over that.
  • Colossus - glad they went with a updated look for the character. he look great. can finally retire the TB one.
  • Polaris - I think i said the same thing when the rumour appeared. Fina-Fucking-lly!!. Ironic she comes with her boyfriends effects.
  • Cyclops - I have the TB one and seeing this one makes me now regret spending that obscene amount on it. glad for finallyy getting a update.
  • Warlock - lets face it guys, I don't think anyone was expecting this. Awesome. I scream so load I almost woke my niece.

as for the sneak peeks;

• Monica Rambeau - kinda disappoint that she is in that costume. would have preferred the Mighty Avengers Spectrum version at least. but then again finally have her. I'm thinking she will be for the Black Panther wave.
  • Mary Jane - very unexpected. I guess hasbro really do listen to fans.
  • Invisible Woman and Herbie - F4 wave coming. maybe a box set. I need to know.
  • Dark Pheonix - is this 6'inch or 3 3/4 inch? I need it look like it is just the recent one repainted.
  • as for the Thor and Hulk teaser. given that the head looks like the back of Classic Thors this more or less confirms a Thor wave!!!!! Also that added hammer twirling effect looks nice. The black foot is obviously the Hulk.
  • What's with the ninja are we getting new hand ninja? and that Matt Mordock face look cartoony so I'm guessing we are getting a Man without fear figure.
only one day left and that's it. I doubt we get too many reveals tommorrow but hopefully the Spider-man baf and the shocker at minimum. Though they never do that on the last day.

The Dark Phoenix is indeed 6" with a new head sculpt. The only things going in the display area will be Darkhawk, Vance Astro and Titus. I may be leaving one out, but it isn't the Shocker.