Official SDCC 2016 ML Discussion

tarot

I am really happy with the X-Men wave. Another case grab for me. Freaking Sweet! I have been wanting a redo on Jim Lee Cyclops for so long and now he's here. Polaris looks awesome. Colossus looks great but I don't know about replacing him with my Toy Biz version. Decisions Decisions.

I figured Mary Jane would be one of those Dream in one hand and you know what in the other but I am glad they are releasing her. Freaking SWEET!!! Now if they can just give us that Mysterio from last year's voting poll and I will be content with my Spidey collection.

I was really excited to hear about a Dark Phoenix but then was bummed out that it was for 3.75. That was an actual first for me and shows me that I really did jump the fence from that scale. I started out with that scale. I feel like a traitor. If we do get a Dark Phoenix and I am sure we will then I hope they make a Goblin Queen at some point. I feel Inferno was the third chapter in the Phoenix saga.

I just bought the old Fantastic Four team from the Classic Colors Toys R US exclusive two packs from Ebay last week. Someone had them loose for 75.00 minus The Thing. I figured I should jump on it or regret it later so I did with a thought, now watch them announce a new set at SDCC and lol here it is except its just Sue. I may still grab them if a set is coming.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many feels.

GOTG wave is exciting.

Angela: not crazy about this adopted Spawn character but a lot of newness in the figure so I appreciate the detail put into her.

Darkhawk: another figure for Avengers / New Warriors display. Really need to bring some love to Justice, Firestar, Rage, and Speedball. And I guess Night Thrasher and Namorita for completion's sake.

Vance Astro: ugh, I think he's executed well but a very basic looking character which means they now need to build the whole original team around him... I'm guessing Yondu would be second for this, and maybe Nikki and Martinex? Yondu is probably a lock for a movie figure by now if we have several waves of this line coming in 2017... This figure also reminds me of Dr. Spectrum from Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Maybe we'll get that figure next year also...

Nova (Sam Alexander): figure looks good enough, albeit cartoony. These figures on the kid bodies are going to help diversify the display a lot.

Titus: never heard of him, so unless he looks amazing I won't feel the urgent need to build him.

X-Men wave 3

Colossus: surprised at the modern look but it also looks like the arm lines are painted instead of sculpted? Seems disappointing if that's the case. But glad he has an update!

Polaris: oy, we wait forever for her and she comes along and is the biggest kit-bash I've seen in a long time. Scarlet Witch's face and lower torso. Jim Lee Jean Grey legs, arms, and gauntlets, Gamora's cape (also used on the new Dreadknight figure), Havok's effects (meaning I can't really display both together using powers cause it'll look weird), and it looks like the only new piece is the headpiece/hair. At least that's cute.

Disco Dazzler: already expressed my love earlier in this thread.

Sunfire: looks PERFECT. Just how I wanted him. They butterfly joints at the shoulders look weird but the paint apps look to hide that a little bit. Hope he gets a swappable unmasked head, they showed him unmasked more than masked back in the classic 90s cartoon.

Jim Lee Cyclops: looks perfect! I'm definitely making him the default for my display, I don't care what decade it is now. My need for an Xavier hoverchair is growing...

Warlock BAF: WOW, unexpected and still want a Sauron, but he does look AMAZING and I'm happy to get an addition to New Mutants. Really going to have to get cooking on a new Cannonball, Sunspot, Magma, Karma, and Wolfsbane.

Other: the others rumored were Wolverine (I'm still guessing Tiger Stripe costume on the new body) and Shatterstar. I think a modern X-Factor Investigations version would probably be easiest for Hasbro to piece together with what parts they have already. But in the way of X-Men, standout remakes I'm looking for next would be Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique (you know, all the blue mutants), Gambit, and a Jim Lee Storm. But also need a Leather/Mohawk 80s Storm and a 1st Appearance Storm to really put me at ease. There should really be a different Storm in every X-wave at this point since she has so many iconic looks. And we need new lightning/weather effects!

Teaser figures:

Invisible Woman: looks like phasing parts that hopefully are swappable with solids. HERBIE is a good pack-in also. Finally we look like we're getting a pretty Sue Storm! This should really indicate a full FF wave so we can be caught up on them with decent bodies and design. Updated Thing, Johnny Storm with Valeria Richards pack-in, Future Foundation Doom and Spidey, Mr. Fantastic with swappable stretchy parts and Franklin Richards pack-in (and Amazing Bag Man swappable head and feet), FF She-Hulk (updated design/body), and a Dragon Man BAF to help the poor kids who never got one from FF Classics line. Or a Fantasticar BAVehicle, like they've always teased about eventually doing.

Spectrum (Monica Rambeau): Wanted a classic version but glad to finally have her!

MCU/Netflix Jessica Jones & Punisher: awesome sculpts, great likenesses, looking forward to seeing/hearing about a Daredevil and hopefully Kingpin, Elektra, Luke Cage and Killgrave. This really demands a whole wave built around it at this point. Hand Ninjas also.

Mary Jane Watson: As soon as I saw MCU Jessica Jones figure in jeans, of course MJ is right behind using the same lower half. Winning, Hasbro!!!

2017 is going to be another great year for ML! And another rough year on my wallet!

So many feels.

GOTG wave is exciting.

Angela: not crazy about this adopted Spawn character but a lot of newness in the figure so I appreciate the detail put into her.

Darkhawk: another figure for Avengers / New Warriors display. Really need to bring some love to Justice, Firestar, Rage, and Speedball. And I guess Night Thrasher and Namorita for completion's sake.

Vance Astro: ugh, I think he's executed well but a very basic looking character which means they now need to build the whole original team around him... I'm guessing Yondu would be second for this, and maybe Nikki and Martinex? Yondu is probably a lock for a movie figure by now if we have several waves of this line coming in 2017... This figure also reminds me of Dr. Spectrum from Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Maybe we'll get that figure next year also...

Nova (Sam Alexander): figure looks good enough, albeit cartoony. These figures on the kid bodies are going to help diversify the display a lot.

Titus: never heard of him, so unless he looks amazing I won't feel the urgent need to build him.

X-Men wave 3

Colossus: surprised at the modern look but it also looks like the arm lines are painted instead of sculpted? Seems disappointing if that's the case. But glad he has an update!

Polaris: oy, we wait forever for her and she comes along and is the biggest kit-bash I've seen in a long time. Scarlet Witch's face and lower torso. Jim Lee Jean Grey legs, arms, and gauntlets, Gamora's cape (also used on the new Dreadknight figure), Havok's effects (meaning I can't really display both together using powers cause it'll look weird), and it looks like the only new piece is the headpiece/hair. At least that's cute.

Sunfire: looks PERFECT. Just how I wanted him. They butterfly joints at the shoulders look weird but the paint apps look to hide that a little bit. Hope he gets a swappable unmasked head, they showed him unmasked more than masked back in the classic 90s cartoon.

Jim Lee Cyclops: looks perfect! I'm definitely making him the default for my display, I don't care what decade it is now. My need for an Xavier hoverchair is growing...

Warlock BAF: WOW, unexpected and still want a Sauron, but he does look AMAZING and I'm happy to get an addition to New Mutants. Really going to have to get cooking on a new Cannonball, Sunspot, Magma, Karma, and Wolfsbane.

Other: the others rumored were Wolverine (I'm still guessing Tiger Stripe costume on the new body) and Shatterstar. I think a modern X-Factor Investigations version would probably be easiest for Hasbro to piece together with what parts they have already. But in the way of X-Men, standout remakes I'm looking for next would be Beast, Nightcrawler, Mystique (you know, all the blue mutants), Gambit, and a Jim Lee Storm. But also need a Leather/Mohawk 80s Storm and a 1st Appearance Storm to really put me at ease. There should really be a different Storm in every X-wave at this point since she has so many iconic looks. And we need new lightning/weather effects!

Teaser figures:

Invisible Woman: looks like phasing parts that hopefully are swappable with solids. HERBIE is a good pack-in also. Finally we look like we're getting a pretty Sue Storm! This should really indicate a full FF wave so we can be caught up on them with decent bodies and design. Updated Thing, Johnny Storm with Valeria Richards pack-in, Future Foundation Doom and Spidey, Mr. Fantastic with swappable stretchy parts and Franklin Richards pack-in (and Amazing Bag Man swappable head and feet), FF She-Hulk (updated design/body), and a Dragon Man BAF to help the poor kids who never got one from FF Classics line. Or a Fantasticar BAVehicle, like they've always teased about eventually doing.

Spectrum (Monica Rambeau): Wanted a classic version but glad to finally have her!

MCU/Netflix Jessica Jones & Punisher: awesome sculpts, great likenesses, looking forward to seeing/hearing about a Daredevil and hopefully Kingpin, Elektra, Luke Cage and Killgrave. This really demands a whole wave built around it at this point. Hand Ninjas also.

Mary Jane Watson: As soon as I saw MCU Jessica Jones figure in jeans, of course MJ is right behind using the same lower half. Winning, Hasbro!!!

2017 is going to be another great year for ML! And another rough year on my wallet!

So many feels.

GOTG wave is exciting.

X-Men wave 3

Teaser figures:

I was speaking to Tony about additional members of the original (second?) team of Guardians. I mentioned Yondu and Martinex (Starhawk went without saying) as weell as Charlie 27 as a possible BAF. He seemed to concentrate on Martinex. He asked if I would prefer a translucent or a more prism like appearance. I told him "hands down, a prism like appearance with all the corners and everything". He said "that'll take some doing". He seemed pretty focused on Martinex. Since there'll be at 2 waves of GOTG, That's got me wondering....

I will ask either Dwight or Tony today about whether the lines on colossus are painted on or sculpted.

If anyone has any additional questions they'd like asked, pose them here (before 5:00 PST) and I'll ask, then get back to you. Please don't ask "will you make", or "is fill in the blank coming out" type questions because THEY CANNOT ANSWER THEM!

Jim Lee Cyclops is definitely on Bucky Cap. I can always tell from the vein on the chest near the armpit. It's good because the last several Cyclops (All New, Marvel NOW, Astonishing) have all been on this mold and I like that they are being consistent with body molds and face sculpts for multiple versions of characters.

I would ask about alternate heads like for Sunfire and if the skates on Dazzler are removable.

I forgot about Starhawk! I feel like Nikki was the most recognizable female to come out of original GOTG, she was the blond with the starry costume, right?

Martinex should be prism-like with all the facets, and wasn't there a Marauder that had a similar build (his name might actually have been Prism) that they could get a second use out of the mold? And they could do another iteration of Iceman, since he's looked ways other than spiky in ice form.

Could you ask about the strategy for retailer exclusives in 2017? More Walgreens solo figures, or TRU/Target multi-packs? If they will still be a focus and how they determine what to funnel out through that channel versus mainstream national availability?

Ask if production choices like Vance Astro and Warlock are signals of legitimate plans to explore GOTG and New Mutants within ML.

All my questions usually lead to who ELSE is coming down the pipeline. I really want a classic 90s Avengers like Quasar, Crystal, Sersi, remade Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman, and Black Knight (interchangeable heads for original villain version and then 90s Dane Whitman version). The Dreadknight body with all its pieces really would suit a new Black Knight just fine.

Other wishes are BAFs in Sauron, Lockjaw, and I wouldn't mind a winged horse for Black Knight or Dreadknight. I know I'm reaching, LOL.

Please Ask:

1. FF WAVE? Please make it a FULL wave

2. What was the decision process for not including a movie Crossbones in this years Civil War waves...

3. Expanding from #2: Why is there such a neglect on MCU bad guys? No YellowJacket, Ronan, Malakith, etc...are they planing a BRING ON THE BAD GUYS WAVE? (I know, wishful thinking)

4. Legends Shocker? Is on her the "radar"? (I now go back to crying)

I think that basically it for any reveals. I like to thank the MNews team, ShartimusPrime and of course JayC for all their works. I like to especially Rukkdeez for asking the hard questions.

if I was to rank this con i would give it a 7/10. not as good as last year, but still fairly nice reveals.

Best ____ of the Con

Best Wave - GOTG wave 1 - The X-men and this are extremely close (I mean EXTREMELY close) but GOTG slightly pulls again because all of the Ones we have seen are brand new character never done before in ML. Spidey of course a mice third place with Dr. Strange a far off last place. Sorry hasbro but that "Classic" strange really ruined that wave.

Best Male figure - Darkhawk. Jackel and Sunfire are tied for 2nd but Darkhawk is something that I have wanted since the old TB team mentioned that they were planning to do him. Colossus and Cyclops take a distance third

Best Female figure - Angela. now if you read my rambles, you would know how much I loved the Dazzler figure. but Angela is a much better figure. sorry but it is. Kamala would be next with Polaris taken fourth.

Best BAF: Warlock. do I even need to say it that figure is awesome and unexpected this BAF is. make the whole wave worth wild.

that's it for now. For those who are going to complain that such and such haven't been confirmed, NYCC is literally 2 1/2 month months away so they have to save some stuff for that.

Jim Lee Cyclops is definitely on Bucky Cap. I can always tell from the vein on the chest near the armpit. It's good because the last several Cyclops (All New, Marvel NOW, Astonishing) have all been on this mold and I like that they are being consistent with body molds and face sculpts for multiple versions of characters.

I would ask about alternate heads like for Sunfire and if the skates on Dazzler are removable.

I forgot about Starhawk! I feel like Nikki was the most recognizable female to come out of original GOTG, she was the blond with the starry costume, right?

Martinex should be prism-like with all the facets, and wasn't there a Marauder that had a similar build (his name might actually have been Prism) that they could get a second use out of the mold? And they could do another iteration of Iceman, since he's looked ways other than spiky in ice form.

Could you ask about the strategy for retailer exclusives in 2017? More Walgreens solo figures, or TRU/Target multi-packs? If they will still be a focus and how they determine what to funnel out through that channel versus mainstream national availability?

Ask if production choices like Vance Astro and Warlock are signals of legitimate plans to explore GOTG and New Mutants within ML.

All my questions usually lead to who ELSE is coming down the pipeline. I really want a classic 90s Avengers like Quasar, Crystal, Sersi, remade Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman, and Black Knight (interchangeable heads for original villain version and then 90s Dane Whitman version). The Dreadknight body with all its pieces really would suit a new Black Knight just fine.

Other wishes are BAFs in Sauron, Lockjaw, and I wouldn't mind a winged horse for Black Knight or Dreadknight. I know I'm reaching, LOL.

"You can always tell huh? Lol. Guess not. All new mold.

Yes they will indeed continue with the store exclusives. They said Walgreens in particular is "all in" (whatever that means). We will get more "original" GOTG figs. As for New Mutants, since they're part of the X-universe, anything c an happen.

To DSmith, I asked about Colossus' arms. They are INDEED sculpted! Also, if you'be seen the hi results photos, you may think he doesn't have an ab crunch even up close in person he doesn't look like it), but they'be improved on hiding it. It's there.

One last thing; Darkhawk looks spectacular! Titus up close looks great too. For those down on this decision, he may just grow on you. Major Victory...ehh.

Thanks Rukkdeez!!

BUT, looking at the press photo of Cyclops, every detail on the body matches Bucky Cap, I'm looking at my Boomerang figure at the moment and every vein, muscle, line, articulation point, limb, foot... All matches up. So unless that was just the model used to mock up the figure and they are applying the design to a different body, I am 99.9% certain its Bucky Cap with the belts and straps added to it. Of course I didn't see it live or hold it in my hands, but... The photo seems clear.

What body mold is that for Cyclops?

It's an all new sculpt. It will semi take the place of the Bucky Cap mold.

I think that basically it for any reveals. I like to thank the MNews team, ShartimusPrime and of course JayC for all their works. I like to especially Rukkdeez for asking the hard questions.

if I was to rank this con i would give it a 7/10. not as good as last year, but still fairly nice reveals.

Best ____ of the Con

Best Wave - GOTG wave 1 - The X-men and this are extremely close (I mean EXTREMELY close) but GOTG slightly pulls again because all of the Ones we have seen are brand new character never done before in ML. Spidey of course a mice third place with Dr. Strange a far off last place. Sorry hasbro but that "Classic" strange really ruined that wave.

Best Male figure - Darkhawk. Jackel and Sunfire are tied for 2nd but Darkhawk is something that I have wanted since the old TB team mentioned that they were planning to do him. Colossus and Cyclops take a distance third

Best Female figure - Angela. now if you read my rambles, you would know how much I loved the Dazzler figure. but Angela is a much better figure. sorry but it is. Kamala would be next with Polaris taken fourth.

Best BAF: Warlock. do I even need to say it that figure is awesome and unexpected this BAF is. make the whole wave worth wild.

that's it for now. For those who are going to complain that such and such haven't been confirmed, NYCC is literally 2 1/2 month months away so they have to save some stuff for that.

We are of the same mind on Darkhawk. That figure is incredible! I also agree about Angela. I told Tony, I wish they would've come out with that buck before they released the Valkyrie. It would've suited her better.

The last bit of news (to some) is the new 3.75" figs will have better (more) articulation, notably the return of ab crunches.

Finally, Thank YOU Tarot for the kind words. A lot of us may disagree or have our own opinions about Marvel Legends, but that's what makes these forums great, and at the end of the day we're a community, and why? Because we have a common love for this line. Thanks to you all for putting up with me during these past 4 days. Oh and I forgot to ask about Sunfire and swappable heads. My apologies.

First of I just want to say although it wasn't a perfect SDCC and some of their choices confuse me the figures in general keep on looking better and better. They look more distinct and that is very important to me. I really want both Marvel Legends exclusives and was wondering if anyone has any inside info or a very educated guess. Shouldn't they have told us by now if it was going to be on Tuesday?

I think DSmith is right. i also see all the popping veins on the cyclops. it seems 99% certain that is is Bucky Cap.

Once again...ALL. NEW. SCULPT! This is confirmed by Dwight Stall (Head of design dept) and Tony Cololla. One of the lead designers. I conversed with them on a daily basis every day thruout the con. To continue on with this notion of any revealed figure is that I've reported as having an all new sculpt is still sporting the Bucky Cap or Grim Reaper molds is merely an exercise in not wanting to be wrong. I'm interested in finding out if all the doubters will come back here and admit they're wrong when they see for themselves. I'm 99% certain the answer is NO!