Got the X-men wave!

Heisenberg

Sorry, but I am super super happy. It wasn't easy. I caught one Target during the reset. He had just put them I was beyond pumped.....so pumped it took me until I got to the registers to realize I was missing two figures......yup Deadpool and Cable. Finding the new X-men wave without Deadpool and Cable. Which felt a bit like going on a date with a SI swimsuit model after making a holy vow of celibacy. Anyway, the guy doing the reset was super helpful and told me another local Target had all 8 figures. Why would they send a Target the wave sans 2 figures? Did I miss the figures by a few minutes? Anyway, I am about to go to work so I call in a panic to try and get them to hold the two figures. No go. Figures not on the shelf so they refused to hold them. I don't really understand this rule. At my store we go out of our way to make the customer as happy as possible, especially one like me who comes in almost everyday and spends tons of cash but I digress.

So, they tell me to come back at 8 AM today. An hour before I have to be at work and deal with the Harry Potter madness, still I can make that work. Figures of course are not out and they are in transit which basically means they have no idea where the hell they are. I start the sad walk back to the parking lot but then think wait a minute....it was street dated for the 31st. It should not be in transit or "lost". I make one final attempt at guest service and praise the sun get a helpful person who agrees with me and says he will take a look. So, after pacing around for 10 minutes he returns but starts off with I think Cable and Deadpool will be really difficult to find......no they had 8 it won't be double packed with anyone I think and I am right. Mission complete. Now, I just need to make sure I get another wave so I can actually take them out of their boxes haha. I don't normally leave Hasbro Legends MOC but with this wave and my love of mutants I feel like I must. Anyway, I went there looking for the Target exclusive Iron Man/War Machine two pack yesterday and ended up with the entire X wave so that works for me.

They still haven't shown at least 2 figures from the next X wave correct? Does it make anyone anxious? Like there are so many mutant legends I want I am worried they will never be made......I need a new Psylocke, Domino, Emma and a decent Magneto to make my life complete. Perhaps, I am just super weird. Anyway, why only 6 figures at the first Target? Happy hunting!

First off, congrats on finding the whole wave at retail as I expect collectors who don't order their cases online like me will be in for a real challenge on this wave as every figure is one per case.

Speaking one figure per case, it's not really a mystery on why you didn't find C&DP at the first store...they were bought lol. Hasbro (and every other toy company for that matter) ships out everything in full cases, not loose figures. I know this may not come as a surprise to pretty much anyone but to answer your question;

A. An employee took those two figs out of the case in the backroom because they wanted them.

B. The whole wave was on the sales floor (either pegged or in the box/on a pallet, etc and a collector/scalper scooped those two up.

If the employee you talked to who was doing the reset (all big box retailers do big resets twice a year, one in August and one in January/March) told you they were only sent 6 figures lol then it's 99% likely he's the guy who grabbed those figs first lol.

Haha yeah I know. I just wondered if Hasbro ever goofed when shipping them out but it comes in a case so it has was hard to imagine. It must have been an employee I am thinking I literally got there right as he was taking them off the pallet. I believe that he didn't know though....he was a nice guy. I think an employee probably swiped them before they left the backroom. It wasn't the first time an entire wave was there sans the most desirable figure and I get there very early when I am hunting.

When is Wal Greens going to have them on shelves you think? I have like 6 Wal Greens around me and every single one of them suck. They never have the exclusives basically since Agent Venom, I might have seen one or two Ant Man figures.

they should be there soon Heisenberg. The ones that got them actually didnt have the Namor exclusive. These had a street date of Aug 1......Ive found them 3 different times around the STL area,

Thank you, do you know about when we will see The Punisher exclusive? I thought the X-Wave had a street date of July 31st because they made a big deal at the second target about not letting me hold or buy them until the street date hit. I was there late at night but they made me come in at 8 AM the next day hah.

I'm curious about where the people who have seen the figs in retail are at, generally. Walgreens just got Namor here and Target says they don't have the xmen wave "on file" ...not even sure what that means

I think target has been the big one. Sometimes the DPCI doesn't work and they need an actual upc to look it up. That's happened to me. I've been looking for another rogue for my daughter. The DPCI on target.com is not the one used in stores.

You may have something there. One of the Targets in my area has the X-Men wave and the pegs read Avengers with X-Men below it.

Target XMEN DPCI: 087-06-5418

Punch this number is manually at the price checkers and you can always see if it's located in the backroom but that's only if it's actually scanned into a bay and is not representative of the current "on hand" counts-that is something an employee would have to tell you and can do so easily when you give them the DPCI. Of course, they can't tell you which "figs" are available, but will still be helpful to people who don't have any of the figs yet regardless.

Friend of mine found Cable at Target and I got Wolverine with Deadpool at Walgreens. Still waiting on my preorder though which is crazy. Kinda defeats the purpose of a preorder if you can already find the figures you wanted in the stores.

I am kinda wondering if Hasbro is doing this on purpose. All these big stores are getting cluttered with figures that people already bought off the internet so they are just sitting there. So Hasbro's remedy might be to send the new figures to Walmart, Target, and Walgreens first to help them sell there better then fill demand on the internet side. Just a thought that popped in my head.

I did find the whole X-Men wave at my local Walmart after they did their reset Monday night. I grabbed them all and canceled my Dorkside Toys pre-order. They look GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Now just waiting on Spiderman and that Wonderman figure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 100% MOMC collector when it comes to legends (exceptions exist of course as I have this years Deadpool, and Punisher along with Agent Venom a few select others) as i typically reserve "opening" figs for the Select Line and Sideshow/Hot Toys due to the universally higher quality.

Basically, my opinion on Jnaut Iceman's poseability is rendered entirely useless but if it's any consolation...I have the 90s Toybiz Iceman fig in my freezer...and have ALWAYS had him in the freezer for no matter which house I've lived in...for over 20 years now.

About two weeks ago, my 3 yo son opened the freezer, (scavenging for his morning mini-pancakes for breakfast) and he stumbled across the Iceman fig. He asked me who he was and why he was in the freezer; to which my reply was "he's Iceman dude and he lives in the freezer where the ice is made"

My wife quickly followed that up with "Daddy's special sweetheart daddy's special"

Call me crazy but why anyone would display their Iceman fig/figs in ANY place that isn't the freezer is just completely beyond me I'm afraid...

I'm 100% MOMC collector when it comes to legends (exceptions exist of course as I have this years Deadpool, and Punisher along with Agent Venom a few select others) as i typically reserve "opening" figs for the Select Line and Sideshow/Hot Toys due to the universally higher quality.

Basically, my opinion on Jnaut Iceman's poseability is rendered entirely useless but if it's any consolation...I have the 90s Toybiz Iceman fig in my freezer...and have ALWAYS had him in the freezer for no matter which house I've lived in...for over 20 years now.

About two weeks ago, my 3 yo son opened the freezer, (scavenging for his morning mini-pancakes for breakfast) and he stumbled across the Iceman fig. He asked me who he was and why he was in the freezer; to which my reply was "he's Iceman dude and he lives in the freezer where the ice is made"

My wife quickly followed that up with "Daddy's special sweetheart daddy's special"

Call me crazy but why anyone would display their Iceman fig/figs in ANY place that isn't the freezer is just completely beyond me I'm afraid...

So, you don't open your Legends? Do you display them somehow? I am kinda the reverse. I open them but have some that I buy an extra to leave MOC. I collect Marvel Universe figures MOC because I love the packaging of the older figures and they are small but I always end up buying an extra to open.......its difficult being obsessive, anal and a toy collector. Is it difficult for you not to be able to open and pose them? Do you leave them MOC so they keep their value?