Thinking of doing an MCU cinematic collection

tellytubbygen

You should get that Avengers exclusive boxset that had a good MCU Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Bruce Banner. You obviously need an Iron Man and there are an inane amount of Captain America figures to choose from. You should also get the Agents of Shield Box Set. You will also need to track the entire Guardians of the Galaxy wave sans Nova and Iron Man. Ohhh yeahh need a War Machine as well as the unreleased Wal Mart exclusive Falcon and Winter Soldier. The Abomination wave coming soon has a Scarlet Witch you will want. The Dr. Strange wave will have Strange and Mordo. I feel like I am forgetting someone....Civil War Spidey of course! He comes in a 3 pack with Captain America and Iron Man MCU a good buy for you. They will be battle damaged though. Get all of those figures and you will have a good collection.

P.S I actually liked the Movie Falcon it didn't seem like a gimmick to have his wings and and such, just film accurate.

Ya, if you haven't been keeping up with the MCU figs to this point it's gonna be pretty expensive playing catch up. There's also a Best of Marvel Legends Avengers wave that has all the best movie figs and the Hulkbuster with a more movie accurate color scheme as the BAF. I think it was exclusive to the UK but you can buy it thru Kapow! Toys and other international vendors. It's a bit pricey but that's the way to go cuz it has all the major players including Loki. I wouldn't bother buying the Civil War 3 pack just to get that Spidey. It's not a very good figure and we'll be getting a better one when his next movie comes out. The Cap and IM figures that come in the pack are cheesy at best. The paint apps come off looking more "house fire" than "battle damage". Absolutely no new sculpting details. It was an easy pass for me. If your lucky you can probably find Ant-Man and the Shield set on clearance somewhere. I actually bought my Coulson and Hill figs off Ebay for pretty cheap. The Agent 13 fig should still be available at your local big box stores.

As for the Falcon 3.75, it's not a gimmick by any means. It's a sad reminder of what the 3.75 line used to be and coulda, shoulda been. It took every bit of self control for me to pass on it, too. They sucked me in back when I thought it was gonna completely replace the 6" line and I spent a lot of money chasing down the figs I missed, but the 6" has returned in a big way and that unarticulated, brittle, milky plastic mess that the 3.75 line has become is not befitting of my hard earned dollars. I'll wait till the 6" exclusive comes out.

For most up-to-date movie designs of all established MCU characters, you will need:

Captain America 2016 Wave 2 (Giant-Man BAF wave)

-Captain America

-Iron Man

-Black Panther

-Giant-Man BAF

Wal-Mart Exclusives

-Falcon

-Winter Soldier

Captain America 2016 Wave 3 (Abomination BAF wave)

-Scarlet Witch

Avengers: Age of Ultron Boxed Set (Amazon Exclusive)

-Black Widow

-Bruce Banner

-Hawkeye

-Thor

Target Exclusive

-War Machine (Captain America: Civil War)

HasbroToyShop Exclusive

-Spider-Man

-Battle Damage Iron Man (gives you Robert Downey Jr. exclusive unmasked head)

(Captain America figure unnecessary)

Avengers Infinity Wave (Thanos BAF wave)

-Hulk

Toys R Us Exclusive Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 3pack

-Nick Fury

-Maria Hill

-Phil Coulson

Ant-Man Infinity Wave (Ultron BAF wave)

-Ant-Man (6" & miniature MCU Ant-Man and MCU Yellowjacket pack-ins)

-Ultron BAF

Avengers Infinity Wave (Hulkbuster BAF wave)

-Hulkbuster Iron Man BAF

Avengers Movie Wave / "Best of Avengers Marvel Legends wave"

-Loki

Guardians of the Galaxy Infinity Wave (Groot BAF wave)

-Star-Lord

-Drax

-Gamora

-Rocket Raccoon

-Groot BAF

Not produced in 6" scale:

Vision

Agent 13 / Sharon Carter

Quicksilver

Upcoming / Announced / Presumed:

Doctor Strange (release this year)

Karl Mordo (release this year)

Jessica Jones (Announced; Netflix 2017)

Punisher (Announced; Netflix 2017)

Daredevil (Netflix) (presumed to be released)

That would cover all current versions or most recent released versions of all current characters in the MCU.