BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!

CobraSaboteur87

Hey everyone, as myself along with some of the other fine forum members such as Heisenberg and MCUcollector (to name just a couple) have had conversations in other threads about the desperate need for MCU Villains (and the needs/wants of other bad guys in general)...I feel it's time to start a dedicated thread for the all-important BAD GUYS.

I would love to see as many people as possible to contribute (you know what they say right...Hasbro could be reading 😄) and nothing is off the table. Let's get a REAL conversation started here!

Instead of posting "rules of the thread" I want to provide a blueprint of what this thread can be used for but most importantly, let's be civil, fair and HAVE FUN.

Overview:

1. Talk about what bad guys you need/would still want in your collections.

2. Villians can be new (as in from current/recent books) or consist of redos, or MCU bad guys, cartoons, or/and everything in between.

3. What has been your favorite Villians released so far?

4. In a sort of spiritual successor to ToyBiz's approach to the Mojo wave, what would be your ideal Bring On The Bad Guys Wave(s) 2.0, 3.0, etc

5. You can include/not include ideal BAFs for the Villains wave and since we need so many bad guys...feel free to flush out the waves to 8 figures if need be.

6. Thanks everybody!

Under the Avengers banner, I would love to see either a wave or 5 pack of the Masters of Evil (Helmut Zemo's). In fact, now that Hasbro has blessed us with 2 consecutive 8 figure waves (of which I'm hoping is the new standard), I'm really preferring the wave option!

5 pack:

Mister Hyyde

Titania

Fixer

Grey Gargoyle

Moonstone (Classic, or any non Thunderbolts costume)

Wave:

Mister Hyde

Titania

Fixer

Grey Gargoyle

Moonstone

Blackout

Yellowjacket (Rita Demara)

Screaming Mimi

Goliath (Erik Josten) B.A.F.

When you consider we already have Zemo, Tiger Shark, the Absorbing Man, Whirlwind and the entire Wrecking Crew, that would complete the whole roster.

An all-villain wave will never happen.................................unless they plan on making the Thunderbolt movie like I think since Zemo lives in the MCU.

my wave for a Thunderbolt movies line would be.

1. Baron Zemo (Avengers Under Seige)
  2. Songbird
  3. Fixer
  4. Bullseye (Update)
  5. Lady Bullseye
  6. Whiplash
  7. Grey Gargoyle
  8. The Hood.
  9. BAF: Atlas

the reason I didn't include the likes of Doom and Kingpin is because they belong in their respective franchises, like the F4 and Spidey.

and to be totally honest. I think that people saying that Hasbro aren't doing villains is BS. they are doing tons of villain.

What? they arent doing the MCU villains? big whoop. that not what the movie is about.

they are not doing the A-List villains (IE DOOM, Loki, etc)? yeah, because they have been done before.

Look, while I would love for Hasbro to update a ton of villains, they are giving us a ton of NEW villains, not just redoing the same villain over and over again. They may not be A-list but they are building up the rogue gallery of many heroes. Spidey for expample has at least 2 villains per wave and one is usually new while they other is a update. and that's not even include the BAF for the wave. the Avengers/Cap/what fall under that line has at least one villain per wave if not 2, with the BAF being a villain.

The single movie lines (Ant-man/Strange) have tons of villains and while they have not shown the full wave, the new GOTG wave has a villain. Hell if you were from the 80/70 Gamora and Groot would also be considered villains.

Granted the one line that is lacking in villains (with the except of the baf) is the X-men line but there is still soooooooooooooooooooooooooo man X-men/force/factor/generation/some team I forgot that I would forgive them for that. also the line is just starting so hopefully this wave will have removed a few rumoured (Shatterstar and Wolverine) and place a villian in it.

And one last thing, I truely beleive we have a tons of villains already.

Okay rants over. carry one.

I think it mostly is a MCU problem but I agree with Cobra that it is a problem. It may not be exactly what the movie is "about" but getting all the heroes from a movie and then not being able to pose them against their particular villian is very weak in my opinion.

And the simple fact of the matter is Crossbones, Ronan, ect would have made badass figures and should have been included.

and to be totally honest. I think that people saying that Hasbro aren't doing villains is BS. they are doing tons of villain.

What? they arent doing the MCU villains? big whoop. that not what the movie is about.

they are not doing the A-List villains (IE DOOM, Loki, etc)? yeah, because they have been done before.

Look, while I would love for Hasbro to update a ton of villains, they are giving us a ton of NEW villains, not just redoing the same villain over and over again. They may not be A-list but they are building up the rogue gallery of many heroes. Spidey for expample has at least 2 villains per wave and one is usually new while they other is a update. and that's not even include the BAF for the wave. the Avengers/Cap/what fall under that line has at least one villain per wave if not 2, with the BAF being a villain.

The single movie lines (Ant-man/Strange) have tons of villains and while they have not shown the full wave, the new GOTG wave has a villain. Hell if you were from the 80/70 Gamora and Groot would also be considered villains.

Granted the one line that is lacking in villains (with the except of the baf) is the X-men line but there is still soooooooooooooooooooooooooo man X-men/force/factor/generation/some team I forgot that I would forgive them for that. also the line is just starting so hopefully this wave will have removed a few rumoured (Shatterstar and Wolverine) and place a villian in it.

During your "rant", yoiu actually hit the nail on the head. There is an uncomfortably large percentage of ML collectors who truly want Hasbro to just do the same characters over and over and over (and over) again because either they don't want to pay exorbitant after market prices or they want (in their opinions) Hasbro to "get it right". You see it all the time. This character "needs a much needed update". No, what we NEED are NEW characters for our $20 plus dollars! Someone on the X-Men thread stated it was the best wave ever! A wave where every single character is a redo. Not one single new character. Don't get me wrong; every figure is a vast improvement over any previous releases (the Juggernaut is a wash in my opinion), but that's not the point. It's no wonder it takes years to complete teams. Too many peeps demanding (actually whining and complaining for) do overs! Okay, now MY rant is over!

I too think Hasbro has given us plenty of villains. The perception that there are much fewer villains than heroes comes from the fact that most villains are ultra powerful beings or evil masterminds who often take on entire teams. In the case of heroes like Spidey & DD, of course you have villains like Scorpion, Prowler, Bullseye & Typhoid Mary that battle the hero one on one, but in the case of teams like the Avengers or X-Men, they often find themselves fighting individuals like Thanos, Kang, Mister Sinister & Apocalypse. I'm not sure what the actual baddie/goodie ratio is in ML right now but at this point in the resurgence of the line I personally think a 1 to 5 swing is not only fairly accurate but completely acceptable. I think a lot of the reason we haven't gotten guys like Bullseye or Hyde is that they are finding it difficult to place them in the way the ML is currently organized. Back when they inserted DD in the Spidey line it was somewhat understandable as he is a friend of Spidey & they often cross paths and work together, but trying to insert Bullseye or Typhoid Mary into a Spidey line would be pushing it. And with DD not having a line of his own I often find myself wondering if and when we're ever gonna see the likes of not only those two but others like Elektra or Mister Fear or even Punisher baddies like Jiggsaw.

That being said, what else is marvelous forums for if not to allow us to vent, express our opinions and post our precious wish lists? So here goes.

I would LIKE to see maybe a few waves to kinda catch the villain roster up and catch a few of the misfit characters and then see the ML put out a few villains in each wave at a pace which they've been doing in the recent Spidey waves. Two or three per wave is pretty good considering at least one in every wave is a repeat of an a flagship character which doesn't add to the hero count but gives us an alternate version of an existing one.

These are the lines I'd like to see. All comic style.

Mister Hyde BAF wave:

1. Bullseye

2. Tarantula

3. Omega Red

4. The Hood

5. Kang (redo)

6. Klaw (redo)

7. Scorpion

8. Spiral (redo)

Kingpin (Romita style) BAF wave

1. Typhoid Mary

2. Baron (not Karl) Mordo

3. Backout

4. Titanium Man (redo)

5. Toad (modern)

6. Iron Patriot

7. Cardiac

8. Cyber

Zzzax Wave

1. Lady Bullseye

2. Stilt Man

3. Living Lazer

4. Pyro

5. Mandarin (modern)

6. Bengal

7. Leader

8. Black Mamba

Many of these characters I feel most likely won't find their way into any of the current running ML lines (Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men). Others like Modern Loki, Tombstone, Maestro, Gargoyle Man, Mister Sinister, Shocker or Doc Octopus have either been announced, rumored or most likely to show up sooner than later. I'm sure I could come up with a thousand more but I think three dream waves are sufficient for now.

During your "rant", yoiu actually hit the nail on the head. There is an uncomfortably large percentage of ML collectors who truly want Hasbro to just do the same characters over and over and over (and over) again because either they don't want to pay exorbitant after market prices or they want (in their opinions) Hasbro to "get it right". You see it all the time. This character "needs a much needed update". No, what we NEED are NEW characters for our $20 plus dollars! Someone on the X-Men thread stated it was the best wave ever! A wave where every single character is a redo. Not one single new character. Don't get me wrong; every figure is a vast improvement over any previous releases (the Juggernaut is a wash in my opinion), but that's not the point. It's no wonder it takes years to complete teams. Too many peeps demanding (actually whining and complaining for) do overs! Okay, now MY rant is over!

Everyone is different but personally I would rather have figures I enjoy looking at and posing then having figures because it "fills up that slot" on a team.

I just want to say first and foremost how much I appreciate and how cool it is to see people's ideal BAD GUY waves/sets-there has been some awesome waves posted!

Now onto the meat and the potatoes...

Did I actually read "who cares about MCU Villians not being released because they're not the point of the movie"

Clearly spoken from a stance of someone who prefers hero characters in their collection over Villians (idk I'm assuming because that statement is just utterly head scratching to me) but let's paint a picture: Rememebr every awesome MCU movie you've ever seen? Now take out the Villians...do you still have a movie? NOPE.

Quite literally, the "point" (not the right word really but heck why not) of these movies is for our heros to best whatever evil adversary has reared their ugly head and then deal with the consequences/ramifications during and afterward said battling. If they don't fight villains...then what are they doing the whole movie? As much as I would like to see just two hours of heroes eating burgers at shawarma diners...the bad guys are the most integral component of the film and give our heroes their sole purpose for existence in the context of vanquishing said foes...

Hey man, opinions are opinions so for me, there are way too little Villians being released when compared to heroes being released ratio. Do I even need to talk about MCU Villians and the amazing costumes (usually far cooler looking than the comic versions imo) that could translate into unbelievably cool looking figs?

Somewhere in this thread things got a little derailed when they're was ranting about how collectors "complain about wanting redos all the time versus new figs" (I love that perfect counter of "old collectors complain as much as the new ones") BUT...I'm pretty sure that wasn't stated anywhere in this thread, nor by the various peoples villain wishlists, until that topic was just "inserted" into the posts for the sake of it.

Myself, and the other collectors/Villian fans posting about what bad guys we want is pretty much all catered to characters we either haven't ever seen or are in dire need or remaking/tweaking. Hell, the top 20 Villians I would want to see made off the top of my head are all characters/versions of characters we've never seen in legends form.

An ALL-Villians wave could never happen? Of course it could. Is it likely? Nope. This is also the purpose of WISHlists and furthermore, I think EVERY Legends collector has felt a "wow, I never thought Hasbro would do that/release that character" moment within the past couple years so NOTHING is out of the realm of possibility.

Is a comic version of Yellowjacket overdue for a remake, probably. Would I want to see a comic version done over the movie suit? ABSOLUTELY NOT. That's not because I'm pro movie characters over comic characters, that's because the movie costume (much the same with all MCU bad guys imo) is SO much cooler and I think could translate into a wicked cool fig.

NorCal had said in a different thread he would like to see the very limited released (and highly sought after) Crossbones make a come back and I totally agree and it's also a FACT that it would sell, even at a 100% re-release. Do I want to see the comic version get re-done before the badass paramilitary cobra-styled armor costume of the movie crossbones get released? NOPE. But hey, to each their own right? (Moot point...I want them both!!!)

Also understand guys it's not just about Hasbro "throwing" in Villians in a wave for the sake of saying the wave has bad guys that truly appeases us bad guy lovers either...can anyone with a straight face really say that the third and final cap civil war wave deserved an EEL over MCU Crossbones? (For example) Yeah Eel has a cool design and is a brand new character (which is of course important) but that waves villains aren't really all that exciting by my standards and came across very lazy and misappropriated within the context of a CIVIL WAR wave...

Im in the minority I guess but along the lines of what Heisenberg said, having some "interesting Villians" to round out the wave (and have something for the heroes to fight for you openers) is just as important, if not more so than just rounding out teams for the sake of it. For me personally, I could care less how long it takes for a hero team roster to get flushed out if it's at the expense of sacrificing bad guys...real meaningful bad guys.

I love spiderman as much as the next guy but i SO couldn't care less about each wave making sure that we get the most up-to-date spider costume fig in the books WHEN the rogues gallery is SOOOOOOOOO far from being complete. Putting aside remakes, you could see 6 SPIDEY waves of JUST villains get released in a single year and that wouldn't even come close to covering all of the bad guys that have NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Do you guys know how many Spidey legends we've received since the pre-legends Classics waves (and subsequent j-card classics waves) for that above statement to be STILL true. Just scary...So yes, the needed black costume remake would come in at rank 100 for me...just after the 99 Spidey Villians we still don't have lol.

I agree with others on here that bang for your buck wise, the XMEN Jnaut wave is the best wave they've done (Rhino close second for me) and that wave literally had ZERO true villains in it besides the baf. Also, for me, I don't even count BAFs because A. They aren't single carded releases like the the actual figs of the wave but more importantly B. When are BAFs NOT Villians? Lol it's like a given. Yeah I know I should count the BAFs...but I don't.

Would the 8 fig XMEN wave be amazing if it was all new characters? Sure it would but what's the point of having all these new characters on all of these shiny new molds when their counterparts are all crappy dark age figs or females suffering from the patented ToyBiz "angry lunch lady" head sculpt snydrome? Besides, the flood gates for XMEN have officially opened and we are ALL in for some X treats down the road.

And for the record, I collect every fig from every wave meaning I truly take Hasbros good with the bad so please don't include me in any arguement regarding "what we should get for our $20"...lol Hasbros sees all of my $20 bills and I want more of my $20s going towards villains than heroes...I've seen enough Captain America and Iron Man repacks this year to induce a coma so please Hasbro PLEASE stop sending us your heroes...I've had enough.

#BRINGONTHEBADGUYS!

Everyone is different but personally I would rather have figures I enjoy looking at and posing then having figures because it "fills up that slot" on a team.

As would I, but NOT at the expense of Hasbro having to do characters over and over and over again...and definitely not because I have to buy a character in the same costume again in order to get the BAF piece just because someone wants to be a collector, but doesn't want to do what it takes to be a collector, which in some instances is buying a desired character that's already been released on the secondary market at accelerated cost. So I (we) have to spend more of OUR money just because some skinflint wants to save theirs?!?! That may be kool with you. It ain't with me. If the do over were a store exclusive with no BAF piece (like the Punisher for example), then I have no beef. One could get do overs to their heart's content and it wouldn't affect a wave or Build-A-Figure acquisition at all. And if the case is that Hasbro didn't "get it right" the 1st time, well at least we have the character. Time to move on to the next (character, not do over) and hope it'll be better.

@Rukk

I know your response wasn't directed at me and no one loves a full blown rant more than I but I'm trying to understand where you are directing your rage lol. From what I can tell, no one in this thread was demanding redos over newer characters and mostly everyone's Villians posts support that. Redos serve their purpose ten fold when applied the right way and no matter how much we collectors prefer newer characters over redos (I'm totally with you) the fact is redos are always going to be part of Hasbros Legends agenda no matter how viable/pointless we feel said redo is. They can always sell a better version of a fan favorite character that was released a couple years ago and so they have no reason to stop incorporating redos throughout the waves of any given year.

With regards to BAFs, have you ever just thought of buying the figs you want from any given wave (I'm assuming you're an opener) and just buying the BAF online through Ebay versus buying figs/redos you don't want?

This is probably new news to everyone but me but after doing some research on eBay, I was absolutely SHOCKED for how cheap you can buy a complete/built BAF when compared to the cost of building the BAF legit through purchasing all the necessary figs from the wave. Truly a drastically cheaper option lol.

Also, I loved your proposed Villian line ups!

Without further ado, here's my Bring On The Bad Guys successor Wave 2 and I'm going to get the obligatory, sorely missed MCU Bad Guys out of the way first.

1. Crossbones

2. Ronan

3. Nebula

4. YellowJacket

5. Mandarin Trevor

6. Malakith

7. Batroc

8. Classic/SS Red Skull (is there anyone opposing the retirement of the ToyBiz Series 5 version? lol)

BAF: Uncanny Apoc Twins

@Rukk

I know your response wasn't directed at me and no one loves a full blown rant more than I but I'm trying to understand where you are directing your rage lol. From what I can tell, no one in this thread was demanding redos over newer characters and mostly everyone's Villians posts support that. Redos serve their purpose ten fold when applied the right way and no matter how much we collectors prefer newer characters over redos (I'm totally with you) the fact is redos are always going to be part of Hasbros Legends agenda no matter how viable/pointless we feel said redo is. They can always sell a better version of a fan favorite character that was released a couple years ago and so they have no reason to stop incorporating redos throughout the waves of any given year.

With regards to BAFs, have you ever just thought of buying the figs you want from any given wave (I'm assuming you're an opener) and just buying the BAF online through Ebay versus buying figs/redos you don't want?

This is probably new news to everyone but me but after doing some research on eBay, I was absolutely SHOCKED for how cheap you can buy a complete/built BAF when compared to the cost of building the BAF legit through purchasing all the necessary figs from the wave. Truly a drastically cheaper option lol.

For the record, I don't think his rant came off like it was aimed at you. His "rants" usually come off kind of sharp but I think he's just a little more passionate than most.

As far as redos, I think that term is all relative. A redo just for the sake of doing one is not worth my money, but if they actually improve on the figure, I'm all in. Say they take a look at the old Quicksilver. If they decide to do him again in the same costume using the Pizza Spidey mold, that's a straight redo. If they do a Quicksilver using the Pizza Spidey mold in his black and silver costume, which is more likely, to me that's a new figure. Similarly, they already did a "new" modern Mystique using an outdated female body style. The one rumored to be in the upcoming Wolverine wave (also rumored) will most likely be a straight redo of the classic ToyBiz version. Most likely resulting in a much better figure. In all cases they are what I would call an improvement and all worth my $20.

I think a lot of it comes from the crew in charge of ML. I personally believe when they think they can do better, they take it as a personal challenge. They even make changes to differentiate from previous figures when possible. Take the most recent Deadpool, for instance. They chose one of his more specific looks to make him unique, but at it's root it was most definately a deliberate move to improve on the previous outtings. The same can be said for the upcoming Iron Fist. Different but also a redo. There goes my $20.

We already know Hasbro's all about proving they can improve on any and all ToyBiz's ML and with a few acceptions (Hobgoblin, Venom, Sandman), they've done a pretty good job, imo. In the case of the Juggy wave, they were all 100% improvements, aside from maybe Jean Grey's face sculpt. Some of them did have the same costumes as the ToyBiz versions, but personally it never crossed my mind that they did them as a concession to all those who missed out on the TB ones. To me it was a case of Hasbro proving they can outdo ToyBiz. They specified that as the intent when they did it with Scarlet Witch and proceeded to execute that agenda from that point.

Ever since they brought out the new body molds, they have made it a point to respond to the customers and continue to improve apon existing molds and develop new ones. We as customers are constantly looking back and saying,"what if they'd used that mold for this character?" "What if they'd used a different sculpt, or those accessories for that character?". The entire X-Men wave answered a lot of these questions and they knocked it outta the freakin park. I look forward to every new character they come out with and I look forward to every "improvement" they do.

Speaking of new characters, let's not forget how bad some of them can be. Scourge was a total POS. A total cutomizer mishmash. Totally outta scale with nothing new but a head sculpt, which was good to be fair, but way to small. Also, Iron Skull? Really?! Reused body mold, OK we've seen that time and again. Reused head sculpt, still a vast improvement on the old one. New paint, yaaaawn. Completely uninspired concept and character design, unforgivable. Buuuut, I am a collector and the worst kind of collector, a damn completest, and I took those two wastes of a roster spot to the checkout counter and I put my $20 down and cursed myself the whole way home, but i knew when I got them outta the package they would be much better than I though, I just knew it. Okay, I just hoped it. Alas, as I sat there and looked at them, trying to pose them, squinting, closing one eye, then the other, then both, trying different lighting angles, looking at them from various distances, I finally did find the perfect place for them. Right there in a storage bag, in a storage bin, in my storage shed, far away from my display cases, along with the waves and waves of old ToyBiz figures and some old Hasbro figures. All which have since been improved apon by Hasbro.

I firmly believe the spots that Scourge and Iron Skull occupied were meant for the rumored figures Tigra and MCU Crossbones which I think we're cancelled for political reasoning. Tigra for being a little too risqué & suggestive and Crossbones due to the whole "suicide bomber" association which would have both sent the PC Patrol onto a tizzy. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. But had they been included in their respective waves, they'd have both been some type of redo and I don't think anyone here would have not spent their $20 on both of them.

In closing my rant I can say I have every ML that saw mass production. I've chased down many of them with my feet, my car, my phone, my computer and most importantly my wallet. I can appreciate new figures and I can appreciate redos as long as they're done correctly. At the end of the day we're never gonna get everything we want. I personally am loosing faith that I will ever see a Strong Guy or a Maddrox multipack, but I still put it on the wish list every chance I get. What we can do tho is use our buying power to decide what we really like. I've yet to have anyone knock me to the ground, take my wallet and fish out a $20 bill and hand me a ML figure that I didn't "want".

Yeah I'm right there with ya dude-I'm a 100% completionist collector and have zero problem with redos if they are of significant improvement.

To circle back on a topic we both appear to agree on...Iron Skull lol This ties nicely into what I would call Hasbro just throwing a Villian in a wave just to say it has a bad guy. Besides the egregious lack of MCU bad guys, this is an example of really not providing adequate Villians in some if the waves were getting.

We're getting Jackal!!?? Now THATS a Villian and a long overdue one at that!

#NEEDMOREBADGUYS!

Yeah I'm right there with ya dude-I'm a 100% completionist collector and have zero problem with redos if they are of significant improvement.

To circle back on a topic we both appear to agree on...Iron Skull lol This ties nicely into what I would call Hasbro just throwing a Villian in a wave just to say it has a bad guy. Besides the egregious lack of MCU bad guys, this is an example of really not providing adequate Villians in some if the waves were getting.

We're getting Jackal!!?? Now THATS a Villian and a long overdue one at that!

#NEEDMOREBADGUYS!

I agree with you on Iron Skull (I mean seriously Hasbro?! Iron Skull. Cap has soooooo many other villain and you pick a cartoon variant, Hell I would have preferred they used the suited body and just planted His head on it.)

but what new collector seem to forget. what MCU collectors seem to forget. Is that Marvel Legends is not a MCU line. it;s a line created for action figure collectors that love Comics. that right Comics. that why the ML line will always and I mean always be focus at giving fans the character they want from the comic books.

the infinity part was only started up to give store a line that they think is movie based. the only reason we are getting MCU figures is just to satisfy the store. or at least it was until MCU only collectors came about (no offense to them as I love them too).

TLDR: Marvel Legends is a Comic Book Action Figure line not a Movie Line.

@Rukk

The "rant" if you will, was directed at no particular individual. It was directed however, at those who (as stated earlier) #$##, whine and complain for re-do's for the reasons I listed above. As for getting fully completed Baf's off Ebay, that would be all well and good except if there's only one figure in a given wave you don't want, and some azzhat scalper wants to sell the corresponding BAF piece for nearly the same cost of a brand new "in box" figure (and you already have the other parts), you may as well get the undesired figure. Getting a fully completed BAF makes little sense if you have nearly 85% of the figure yourself. If you want one or none of a given wave, but desire the BAF, go for it!

And I'm both an "opener" and a MOC'er (I buy 2 of everything), and I'm also a thrice damned completionist! And I fully understand there will always be redo's, but I will always speak out against those that politic and campaign for them for the selfish reasons I described previously. Think about it; last year the fan poll was almost won by Black Suited (Symbiote) Spider-Man. A straight up redo! Redo's shouldn't even be on the ballot! Anyway, enough. The point's been made.

@Rukk

For the record, I don't think his rant came off like it was aimed at you. His "rants" usually come off kind of sharp but I think he's just a little more passionate than most.

As far as redos, I think that term is all relative. A redo just for the sake of doing one is not worth my money, but if they actually improve on the figure, I'm all in. Say they take a look at the old Quicksilver. If they decide to do him again in the same costume using the Pizza Spidey mold, that's a straight redo. If they do a Quicksilver using the Pizza Spidey mold in his black and silver costume, which is more likely, to me that's a new figure. Similarly, they already did a "new" modern Mystique using an outdated female body style. The one rumored to be in the upcoming Wolverine wave (also rumored) will most likely be a straight redo of the classic ToyBiz version. Most likely resulting in a much better figure. In all cases they are what I would call an improvement and all worth my $20.

I think a lot of it comes from the crew in charge of ML. I personally believe when they think they can do better, they take it as a personal challenge. They even make changes to differentiate from previous figures when possible. Take the most recent Deadpool, for instance. They chose one of his more specific looks to make him unique, but at it's root it was most definately a deliberate move to improve on the previous outtings. The same can be said for the upcoming Iron Fist. Different but also a redo. There goes my $20.

We already know Hasbro's all about proving they can improve on any and all ToyBiz's ML and with a few acceptions (Hobgoblin, Venom, Sandman), they've done a pretty good job, imo. In the case of the Juggy wave, they were all 100% improvements, aside from maybe Jean Grey's face sculpt. Some of them did have the same costumes as the ToyBiz versions, but personally it never crossed my mind that they did them as a concession to all those who missed out on the TB ones. To me it was a case of Hasbro proving they can outdo ToyBiz. They specified that as the intent when they did it with Scarlet Witch and proceeded to execute that agenda from that point.

Ever since they brought out the new body molds, they have made it a point to respond to the customers and continue to improve apon existing molds and develop new ones. We as customers are constantly looking back and saying,"what if they'd used that mold for this character?" "What if they'd used a different sculpt, or those accessories for that character?". The entire X-Men wave answered a lot of these questions and they knocked it outta the freakin park. I look forward to every new character they come out with and I look forward to every "improvement" they do.

Speaking of new characters, let's not forget how bad some of them can be. Scourge was a total POS. A total cutomizer mishmash. Totally outta scale with nothing new but a head sculpt, which was good to be fair, but way to small. Also, Iron Skull? Really?! Reused body mold, OK we've seen that time and again. Reused head sculpt, still a vast improvement on the old one. New paint, yaaaawn. Completely uninspired concept and character design, unforgivable. Buuuut, I am a collector and the worst kind of collector, a damn completest, and I took those two wastes of a roster spot to the checkout counter and I put my $20 down and cursed myself the whole way home, but i knew when I got them outta the package they would be much better than I though, I just knew it. Okay, I just hoped it. Alas, as I sat there and looked at them, trying to pose them, squinting, closing one eye, then the other, then both, trying different lighting angles, looking at them from various distances, I finally did find the perfect place for them. Right there in a storage bag, in a storage bin, in my storage shed, far away from my display cases, along with the waves and waves of old ToyBiz figures and some old Hasbro figures. All which have since been improved apon by Hasbro.

I firmly believe the spots that Scourge and Iron Skull occupied were meant for the rumored figures Tigra and MCU Crossbones which I think we're cancelled for political reasoning. Tigra for being a little too risqué & suggestive and Crossbones due to the whole "suicide bomber" association which would have both sent the PC Patrol onto a tizzy. Just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. But had they been included in their respective waves, they'd have both been some type of redo and I don't think anyone here would have not spent their $20 on both of them.

In closing my rant I can say I have every ML that saw mass production. I've chased down many of them with my feet, my car, my phone, my computer and most importantly my wallet. I can appreciate new figures and I can appreciate redos as long as they're done correctly. At the end of the day we're never gonna get everything we want. I personally am loosing faith that I will ever see a Strong Guy or a Maddrox multipack, but I still put it on the wish list every chance I get. What we can do tho is use our buying power to decide what we really like. I've yet to have anyone knock me to the ground, take my wallet and fish out a $20 bill and hand me a ML figure that I didn't "want".

I try to type like I would be speaking to you face to face. And I never candy coat anything (unfortunately, many people feel they have license to be "more sensitive" just because they're online) so what I say doesn't always come off well. What you said about the designers at Hasbro was spot on. I know this from talking to them for the last 5 years at Comic-Con. They truly take their work seriously, and are always trying to improve (they were aware of the hip joint problem on the Pizza eating Spidey bodies and made improvements which we'll see with some of the figs being release in 2017).

For me, the term "redo" is strictly for a character in a certain costume being done over. The upcoming Iron fist for example, isn't a "redo" because we haven't seen him in that particular outfit before. Yes Toybiz made a green suited Danny Rand, but he had the "sweet dainty lil booties" (Benjamin J. Grimm's words) then, and no wrappings around his wrists/arms. Getting the same character in different costumes is kool. I'd love Wonderman in his original costume as well as the safari jacket. Different iterations help with completing teams and such. A West Coast Avengers roster would look just wrong with a classic Vision and not the white one. I'd love a Scarlet Witch in her modern get up as well as Quicksilver.

In closing for me, I'm jealous! I'm missing Blue Suited Wasp, Golden Ultron and MU Rocket raccoon! Other than that, I'm there witcha!

@Rukk

Sorry gotta disagree with the Crossbones thing, they made a microverse figure of him, and those are marketed toward children.

@Rukk

First off...I need to hear more sentences in my life like "dainty little booties" LOL classic. I too am super excited for the Immortal Iron Fist coming as I believe that run by Fraction/Aja was (and still is) the best damn Danny Rand tale ever done. Fist and Nico are by far the only two characters I care about in that Strange wave despite preordering the whole case (damn completionism...)

To that end, I'm thrilled to hear there are several more completionists out there besides myself, glad to know I'm not the only crazy one!

As far as the fan poll debacle...yeah totally in your corner there. Redos should never be in a fans poll...I'm sure there could be exceptions but none that come to mind as I'm writing this.

@Tarot

With regards to Legends first and foremost being a comic figure line...well that much is apparent and has been since about the beginning of time. Historically (ToyBiz) going back to the beginning, there was movie 6in figs before Legends even started (even pre SPD Classics Series 1&2) with the first XMEN movie in 2000 and up until a few years ago (we're all aware of the pissing contest between the studios) we always got dedicated movie lines.

The problem was...since legends came out, there's barely been one dedicated movie that has universally been of the same quality, of character variety (given) or appeal or transition/translation into sales versus that of a legends line...and that's not even counting the invention of the BAF which obviously drove legends line to new heights.

In short, while there are exceptions to every rule, movie lines just couldn't hack it when compared to a legends line counterpart that would release around the same time/same year-they just weren't as motivating of a purchase. This is of course of the adult collector mindset and back when there was actually multiple 6in lines running concurrently on any given year where now, we literally just have legends and I think that 6in 5-8 POA Spidey cartoon line. With all that in mind, there has been MANY movie lines (why they were around forever) that have had amazing success but again, when ONLY thinking of an adult collectors point of view, most did not compete for space in their collection.

The reason we have movie figs in our legends waves (and including BAF pieces to go with them) is because it's the most efficient/smartest way to sell a movie fig these days. Movie figs were not thrown into our legends to satisfy retailers or because the explosion of the MCU (again movie figs have been around since day one) but because it truly is the most enticing way to sell them within the current Hasbro 6in model. You get comic and movie fans eating out of the same pie and sharing the same BAF where as before, you had to pick a side with each line historically being segregated into comic waves or movie waves and had nothing to do with each other.

To that end, since the number of movie figs we get is limited and pales in comparison to the amount of comic figs we get (the ratios make sense to me) per wave, it's all the more infuriating that the Villians have been in complete and utter abscence when they play such a pivotal role in the movie (and are always the most engaging part of the movie in general-for me)

The fact that we have gotten SO many movie caps & iron mans in one year (using just this years movie as an example but point stands with all the movies) is just vomit inducing when there are clear and present opportunities to insert a damn bad guy...the movies aren't going anywhere...the movie figs we get are here to stay...but no awesome movie Villians anywhere to be found....NONSENSE

@jonnyshowcase

Yeah I completely agree as well. While I wont necessarily poop on the idea that a possible "suicide bomber" conversation didn't happen behind closed doors at legends meetings as I'm sure someone mentioned it, I truly don't feel that it had a bearing on the figure getting/not getting made.

If Hasbro/Disney can sign off on marketing a Star Wars DEATHTROOPER to everyone (that fig is getting a release in pretty much every scale from the kids 5poa line to Disney Elite DieCast 7in to Black Series 6in to 12in to etc, etc) than I really can't say much is off limits.

The fact is, Rumlow is SUCH an important bad guy for Captain America (Civil War screen time notwithstanding) coupled with the fact that they were building up the inevitable Crossbones character in the Winter Soldier film with Rumlow having a decent part in that movie...its just inexcusable to not have him in this years allotment.

What I "hope" happened is that Hasbro felt they couldn't quite get the figure right in time for release this year (his armor/suit was meticulously decked out) and that they are secretly laboring away on perfecting a Crossbones fig for next year or something. I can dream can't I!

#DREAMSCRUSHED

#BRINGONTHEBADGUYS

Bring On The Bad Guys Vol.3-4...The Spidey Files!

1. Shocker (for the love of God Hasbro...)

2. Gold Bug

3. Carrion

4. The Rose

5. Tinkerer (could we be getting a classic one next year!?)

6. Tombstone

7. Prowler

8. NightThrasher

BAF: The Wall

1. Mister Negative

2. Puma

3. Joy Stick

4. Shriek

5. Black Tarantula

6. Massacre

7. Finisher

8. Raptor