Near Complete Set V3

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off our look back at the original Arnim Zola wave by looking at Wolverine's son, Daken. Honestly while I wouldn't mind them remaking this figure, I think it's about time that they make a figure with one of his more unique costumes. I'm think the new X-factor or X-men Blue version.

Since I done an NCS for all the character in the next 2 wave, I just want to quickly talk about them in their entirety and what experiments Hasbro tried to do with them. First off let's talk about the Epic Heroes wave. For this wave Hasbro decided to give the BAF a break and instead give us grey stands. As you can tell, people hated this idea. Not only that but it may have been because of that and the low sales of the wave, lead to Hasbro cancelling all the variants that had planned, with Blade and Moonstar not getting their figure for much later.

The next wave, the Iron Man 3, started what would become the standard for ML, mixing comic and movie figures. This was the first wave to do so. One could even say that it was this idea that saved the Marvel Legends line. However, Hasbro decided to split the wave in two. While the second part would eventually get release but because of the low sales of the first wave, many people couldn't find it in stores. They would try this method again in another wave, but they dropped the idea soon after.

Anyway, I have also added the following Alts thanks to Mary-Jane Watson and Ms. Marvel:

Next time we will begin our look at the year of the Mini-BAF with a look at the Kree from another universe, Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr).

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we go onto talking about today's character, I just wanted to talk about the wave he appeared in. Hasbro has just relaunched the line and had four waves already released before they tried another idea for the line, the Mini-Bafs. These were smaller characters, like this wave's Hit-Monkey, with the parts coming with only a handful of figures. Not only that but Hasbro was still trying to sell the "Swap figure" variants, but all the swaps were either put on hold with the Sentry and Iron Fist eventually coming in All-Father wave or were never released as is still the case with Lyra. To say people weren't happy would be an understatement.

HOWEVER, the wave did do some new characters like the one we are talking about today. We look at the Kree from another universe, Noh-Varr or as he is commonly known as Marvel Boy (Earth-2000800). Honestly while I wouldn't say no to a remake of this version, we really need a more "classic" version of him in his green and white/black costume.

No Alts today so next time we will look at the ex-wife of the Hulk, Red She-Hulk.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the Hit-Monkey with Hulk's main squeeze, Betty Ross or as I like to call her, Red She-Hulk. Yes, yes, I know she has been Harpy more, but this is a more unique name for her. But what really pisses me off is that she was supposed to come with Lyra as a swap figure, and since then, the daughter of Hulk and Thundra has yet to make an appearance. This makes her the only new character from that period not to get a figure officially since. Come On Hasbro. Give us Lyra.

I have also added the following Alts. (I was going to add more but then I noticed that a few pages had reverted to preview pages.):

Next time we will finish the Hit-Monkey wave by looking at the character that was literally created to be a rip-off of a certain DC character, Hyperion.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off the Hit-Monkey wave with a look at the official Super-man rip-off (hey, even Marvel admits it) with a look at Hyperion (Earth-S). I'm pretty sure this is the version that Hasbro based this figure on but there is so many I could be wrongs. He is definitely not the Sinister version, the recent Heroes reborn version or the one that joined the Avengers (who I think should really get made soon).

As for the wave itself, when it first released, I like it but now I find that Hasbro really dropped the ball with this. A tiny BAF that could have been packed in with another character or even by itself with the biggest BAF piece. The then unreleased figures (why are we still waiting on Lyra Hasbro). And finally, still using builds from Toybiz. The only thing that is a plus is that the got a number of characters that have yet to be redone.

Anyway, I have also added the following Alts thanks to Moonstar, Morph (Age Of Apocalypse) and Mysterio:

There won't be a NCS tomorrow since I will be starting this years "Best of Marvel Legends". So, on Wednesday, we will look at and finish the end wave, the Rocket Racoon wave, by looking at the leader of the Wrecking Crew, the Wrecker.

Hey my fellow Plastic Addicts. Just wanted to let you know that I have added the following Alternates to the site. Not much to say about them, so here they are.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start and finish the Rocket Racoon Mini-BAF wave as well as finish the year of the Mini-BAF. Well, it wasn't supposed to be. Not including the original Puck wave that was exclusive to Preview, there was supposed to be another wave for the Mini-BAF. This wave included Radioactive Man, Tiger Shark, Blizzard, Batroc, Agent Venom, Thor (Marvel Now!), a retail version of Moonstone and Songbird with Jubilee being the BAF. However, with the low sales and the horrible distribution of the line (trust me it was WAAAAAYYYY worse than it is now), Marvel Legends was all but cancelled for the second/third time. All the figures in that wave would make it out in one form or another, either as part of a wave, box set or store exclusive. Only the retailed version of Moonstone and the figure of Songbird (which did receive a far superior figure later) never made it out. (Noticing a pattern here Hasbro). But, as you may have guess, Hasbro wasn't finished with the line as they would launch a new line a few months later. However, it wasn't the end of experiments. I'll talk about that next time.

Anyway, back to this only character I haven't done a NCS for in the Rocket Racoon wave. (I have already done Phoenix, Black Panther, Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), Hawkeye and the BAF Rocket Raccoon.) We now look at the leader of the Wrecking Crew, which who they gained their name from, the man with the mystic Crowbar, The Wrecker. Like all the Crew, he does need a remake. If they do decide to redo them, then I think Wrecker should be first. He is the face of the team and has battle the most heroes.

I have also added the following Alts to the site thanks to Sabretooth, Sandman and Sasquatch (Exiles):

Even though I will be talking the next wave (the Mandriod wave) next time, I have done all the character in that wave so next time with will go over to the start of the Spider-man subline with looking at the official 616 Spider-Girl as well as a quick one for Amazing Spider-man and Electro.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Well, it’s back. NCS now officially returns from its Christmas break. Hope you all got your plastic highs. I didn’t get any figures this year from the family, just the clothes that I asked for. But enough about me.

A couple of weeks back, Hasbro announced a pair new Disney+ figure figures based on the Hawkeye series. I updated the MCU Hawkeye page yesterday, but it was the other figure, the Kate Bishop, that I was waiting for the series to end to avoid spoilers. Like always, we can’t do an MCU page without doing a comic page (if that MCU figure had a comic figure counterpart of course). As such, I have done a NCS for Hawkeye (Bishop) as well as one for Hawkeye (Bishop, MCU). Those wanting to find the comic figure might have a tough time as not only is that figure years old, but it was also part of the now gone Toy-R-Us box set. A few made its way onto Etailers but almost all of those are sold out. You can use the MCU version that will be coming out as it look very similar to her LA costume.

I have also added a few Alts today:

• Scarlet Spiders – Ben isn’t the only one to take the mantle
  • Tarantulas – Hasbro needs to remake the old tiny version.
  • Hawkeyes – All we need is Hasbro to make Barton’s brother and we will have all the Hawkeyes from the Prime Universe.

Next time (Either Monday or Tuesday of next week), we will look at the only other comic figure from the Dr Strange MOM wave, Sleepwalker as well as looking at MCU Mordo (won’t be putting in his new version but he does have his first movie version to talk about).

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we get onto the Alternates below I just wanted to announce that there will be a new NCS all week starting tomorrow. (I have a week off work for my post-Christmas break.) We will begin with Sleepwalker and MCU Mordo.

Anyway the following Alternates have been added to the site:

• Scream Hosts - While she hasn't gotten her own unique figure, I have also added Mania (Benton) to the site as her look as Scream is extremely close to Diego's look. Patricia Robertson's look is very different to them both. That being said, now I also want a Silence (the Anti-Venom version of Scream) alongside Mania now.
  • Black King (Hellfire Club) - Sebastian Shaw isn't the only one who held the position, just the most famous.
  • Black Queen (Hellfire Club) - before anyone asks, Jean never held the position.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we begin our week of new NCS additions. Today we start and finish (for now) the Dr. Strange MOM wave. I already did a NCS for D’Spayre and Dr. Strange (MCU) (won't add the new figures yet until after the movie airs) and won't be doing Wong, America Chavez and Rintrah until after the movie releases.

So instead, we will start with the only other comic figure in the wave, Sleepwalker. Honestly, I am delighted to add this to my collection but looking up his history, I can understand why he is not an essential character for many collectors.

I also added a quick NCS for Karl Mordo (MCU). I didn't add his new figure but he has had a figure from the first movie. It's weird that we haven't gotten a comic figure yet but by the sounds of various interviews, Disney has given a directive for Hasbro not to make comic figure of character that have little screen time like Mordo. This was to avoid confusion. Well, it was the reason we got that as to why it took so long to get so many Iron man comic figures.

Next time we will look at the news characters from the X-men Bonebreaker wave by look at the only member of the Deadly Genesis team to make it into the Fox live action movie, Darwin.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. 2022 is a big year for the Norse God of Thunder. He will be getting his fourth solo movie in July and Hasbro seems to be jumping on the band wagaon early has they have already revealed two figures that are tied into that movie. No word on when they will reveal the Love and Thunder wave, but I don't think it will be long after the Avengers wave. Speaking of the Avengers wave, which will also have a Thor figure (see here) but no word what version it is.

I already did a NCS for Ulik, for the Walmart exclusive Deluxe set. (And no. I don't know when it will be available). So today we will look at the evil clone / cyborg of Thor, Ragnarok. Honestly, I don't know what the hate towards this figure is. (Apparently, it's not because it's a Target exclusive. Go Figure). You all expected it to be made when you first saw the Classic figure. What? Is it because they didn't include a Classic head with the deluxe set? Yes, that's because it's not Thor. It's a separate character. It's Ragnarok. It even says so on the box. Honestly, if this is because you missed the 80th version, that's not really on Hasbro.

I also because added the Alternate for Thor in the form of Gods of Thunder. I know Throg will be coming and while I would love a classic version, I wouldn't mind if Hasbro made War Thor before we get big old Volstagg.

Next time we will look at Darwin.

ragnarok01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the X-men Bonebreaker wave. I have already done a NCS for Wolverine (obviously), Sabretooth, Havok, Vulcan and Maggott. That only leaves two more regular figures to do plus the BAF. Today we look at Vulcan's Deadly Genesis' teammate, the constantly evolving mutant, Darwin. Hopefully, we will get Petra and Sway at some point, but they haven't really been a major part of the comic for a while, only recently returning (and sleeping with Vulcan).

I have also added the following Alternates:

Next time we will look at the screaming Irish girl, my homegirl Siryn.

darwin01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. As people may (or may not) know I'm Irish. Unfortunately, there are very few Irish character in comics, with three of Marvel's most famous Irish character being from the same family, and two with the same powers. (We have Irish descent in Cap, DD etc. but few characters were born and raised in the Emerald Isle. And yes, I know about Shamrock but the less said about that racist and stereotype character the better.)

So, it gives me great pleasure, one of the few Irish Ladies today in the form of Theresa Cassidy, aka Siryn. I have been looking forward to this character for years, even more so when you know she is an important part of the X-force that Hasbro have been slowly building up. Hopefully, Hasbro will get around to redoing her papa soon. Speaking of Mr. Cassidy, I have also added the Banshees to the Alternates as they both used the name at one point.

Next time we finish off the wave by looking at the BAF, Bonebreaker.

siryn01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Today, we finish off the Bonebreaker wave by looking at the BAF wave, well, Bonebreaker. As people may know the Reavers are Dwight's favorite villains team and he wanted to get the team into the line at some point. With this, Skullbuster/Reeves and Lady Deathstrike, we are now much closer to finishing this with Pretty Boy, Cole, Macon and a proper Donald Pierce needed.

I have also added the following to the Alternates:

And with that I can caught up with all the reveals from the December Livestream. I don't expect another reveal anytime soon so I'm going to take a one-day break tomorrow from NCSs and do something else. Monday I will go back to the Ultimate Green Goblin wave and look at, ironically, Spider-girl.

bonebreaker01.jpg

Hye, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we get onto the next NCS, it's time for another piece of ML history. While Marvel Legends were on a high, distribution problem and store not even stocking them. Hasbro had to cancel the third Mini-BAF wave (though most of these would make their way into the line) and had to go back to the drawing board. Having seen success with themed waves based on movie, Hasbro relaunched the line into the Infinity Series, which is still running today. They also decided to split the line into two separate sub-lines, the Avengers/MCU, which is any wave that is based on a MCU movie and the Spider-man line, which for all extents of purposes was replacing the Spider-man Classics line. The line would get a few more sublines later with the launch of the X-men line but for about 2 years, these were the only sublines in the toyline.

They started of the line with Captain America: Winter Soldier wave as well as an Amazing Spider-man wave. However, Hasbro wasn't done experimenting. For Cap wave, they decided to start a "same package, different characters" idea which ran for quite a while, in this case the Red Skull/Hydra Soldier and the Baron Zemo/AIM Soldier. Not only that but they decided to split the wave into two shipments, leading to many not getting the second wave. For the Spidey wave, they decided to have new figures be released in a later shipment but still have the same packaging and baf Pieces. These were Spider-girl, Toxin and Boomerang. While they did see releases, they were very limited. Except for the same packaging for 2 figure idea remained for a while, Hasbro realized it would just be better to just release all the figures in the wave at once, so both of these ideas were dropped.

Anyway, back to what you are here for. Today I have done a quick NCS for Andres Garfield's Spider-man (Amazing Spider-man) as well as Jamie Fox's Electro (Amazing Spider-man). I do see them remaking the Spider-man figure, but I hope they use the design from NWH for Electro and it's a much better design.

I have also done a NCS for the Prime Universe's Spider-girl. I don't think many people knew who this figure was when she was released, assuming it was Julia Carpenter. However, this is actually Anya Corazon, formally Arana. I do hope with get her Arana form at some point but it's not as important as her Spider-girl form.

Next time we will look at Ultimate Beetle.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look back at the first Spider-man wave of the relaunched subline by looking at the only figure that is from the same universe as the BAF, Beetle (Ultimate). I like this design as it reminds me of Kamen Rider, which is a Japanese Sentai/Power Renger show where many of its heroes have beetle inspirations for their costumes. The show is very adult oriented so be warned if you want to watch it. Do NOT watch the English version.

I have also added the following Alternates to the site:

Next time (Possibly Monday) we will look at Spider-man newest BFF, Boomerang.

beetleult01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. First of all, yes, I have watched the Moon Knight trailer. Yes, I do think it looks fecking awesome. Yes, I have an Ideal Wave planned for it but won't post it until the week of the show. (Don't know when I will be off but Monday of that week.)

With that out of the way, let's talk about the only NCS of this week, Boomerang. Let's be honest people. If it weren't for the "Superior Foes of Spider-man" we would never have this figure. Thanks to that series we also got a Speed Demon and female Beetle, to say nothing of the Shocker and pack-in Silvermaine. All we need now is the Override figure.

Next week we will look at the BAF of this wave Ultimate Universe Green Goblin.

Hey, my follow Plastic Addicts. Today we look back on the first wave of the Spider-man subline by looking at the BAF of the wave, Green Goblin (Ultimate). I remember when this was announced people were like "Is this going to be in the movie?" and every Ultimates Universe fans slapped their forehead. But honestly, this is only needed if you want to building your Ultimate Universe collection. (Note to self: I need to make a list of Ultimate figures.)

I have also added the following Alts:

• Red Guardians - This took quite a while and also allowed me to add all the missing (male) Red Guardians that wore the suit.
  • Toxin Wearers - I also added the Bren Waters version since he is basically the Deluxe version without the back tendrils.

Next time we still start to look at the first ever non-sequel MCI wave by looking at the GOTG Groot wave with the deadliest woman in the galaxy, Gamora.

greengoblinult01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we look back at the first ever GOTG wave. Before we get talking about the characters found in the wave, I just want to talk about the wave as a whole. While the wave is nothing special in this day and age, it was the start of another thread that Hasbro still does today. No not the mixing of MCU and comic figures. They did that long before the Infinity line. It is the low effort waves you see for all new franchises. You see at the time, GOTG was the most extreme chance Marvel Studio was making. The property wasn't well known even to Comic readers. As such, Hasbro didn't take any chance and didn't put their A-game into this wave, which is why not only is Iron Man in the wave, but the MCU figures were badly done. It was a way to ensure that if the movie fails, Hasbro will still be able to make a small bit of money from it. You see this continuing to this day, with the like of Shang-Chi, Eternal, Black Widow, etc. This is a safety measure. However, as is usually the cause, if a movie does well enough, they put a much better effort into the sequel waves. Look at the two Vol.2 waves for GOTG as an example. Much better waves IMO. So next time you see a new MCU movie franchise with a bad ML wave, know that this is the reason.

Any way back onto the characters. I have already done Nova (Rider), Iron Man, Rocket Raccoon (and his MCU counterpart), Drax the Destroyer (MCU counterpart coming soon) and Groot (and his MCU counterpart). So today we look at the only female character with a look at Gamora (Church of Universal Truth Universe) and her MCU counterpart. Out of all the comic designs for Gamora, I hope we get the armored one soon. Yes, I know Select has done it, but I want a properly scaled ML version.

I have also updated the Wolverine (90’s Cartoon), Jubilee (90’s Cartoon) and Mr. Sinister (90’s Cartoon). All of these are just replacing the 3d Renders with the actual figures.

Next time we will look at the last remaining member of the main GOTG team, Starlord, both his comic and MCU versions.

gamora01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we get onto the Alternates, I just want to remind people that the X-men Bonebreaker wave will most probably be up for Pre-order this Thursday or Friday (before the Transformers Livestream). You can look at the artwork on the Hasbro Pulse socials by David Nakamaya.

As for the Alternates, I have finally finished the lefthand size of the characters page. Thanks to working down that side, I have found that I have done plenty of the middle and right side so hopefully the rest won't take as long to do.

I have added the following:

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today, we finish off the first Guardians of the Galaxy wave (the MCU Groot wave) as well as finish off the five main members of the team by looking at the team leader, Star-Lord. Now before someone says it to me, I have checked several sources, and all have confirmed that this Star-Lord is NOT the same Star-Lord from both of Steve Englehart's mini-series. It has been confirmed that both of those versions took place in alternate universes and besides the names, have very little to do with the Prime Star-Lord. Check out Comic Drake's video to learn more about it.

That being said, the MCU version seems to be borrowed from the original story line a little bit. Oh, and I have done a NCS for Star-Lord (MCU) as well as the only MCU GOTG that I have yet to do, Drax (MCU). Nothing remarkable about either of them.

That finishes off that wave so next time we will start looking at the next wave released, the King Thor/Odin wave, by looking at Machine Man.

starlord01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we begin looking back at the first of the Age of Ultron line up with a look at the All-Father wave. But as always with these Retro lookbacks, let's talk about the wave itself. You may notice I called this an Age of Ultron wave. Well, it was this wave that started Hasbro's pattern of releasing multiple waves of the same Movie with some of the waves being fully based on the comic. This year saw three waves released under this line up, with the last two having MCU figures. However, this wave is something I want to talk about more as there are several things they did for this wave. The first and foremost is that they started releasing previously cancelled figures like Sentry, Hawkeye and Iron Fist. This wave also saw a thread that Hasbro did that has different figures with the exact same packaging. This was mostly a cost-effective thing and would last for a while. Hasbro also experimented with the BAF by giving these swap figures with different parts for the BAF which would allow you to make Odin or King Thor. This idea didn't last at all.

As for the character we got in this wave, I have already done an NCS for Captain Marvel (Danvers), Scarlet Witch, Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Fist and one of the BAF option, Odin. That leaves only three left, so we start with Machine Man. Now before someone says it to me, the reason I haven't mentioned the Nextwave onwards is because it has recently been retconned that the Machine Man from Nextwave and the Iron man series, is NOT the same Machine Man from the earlier books. He is an imposter who is using the Machine Man identity for himself. It is currently unknown if the Machine Man who partnered up with Red Hulk and Red She-Hulk is the same Machine Man. This figure is based on the more human friendly classic version.

I have also updated the Bonebreaker wave figures with new product images. That's the Wolverine, Sabretooth, Darwin, Siryn, Vulcan, Havok and Maggott.

Finally the following Alternates have been added:

Next time we will look at the insane Super-man rip-off, Sentry.

machineman01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start our look at all the new characters (that I haven't done a NCS for) from last week's Livestream. We will of course start with Boog Nice's most requested figure, Blue Marvel. While I would have liked the caped version (though he had several), Hasbro has made this to complete the 616 Ultimates team. If you have the Vintage Black Panther, All-Father wave Captain Marvel and A-forcer Box set Monica Rambeau, this added to that team. All we really need now is a COMIC BOOK America Chavez. The MCU version can work but Chavez is bulkier in the comics.

I have also done a quick NCS for the Storm (90’s Cartoon) and the Infinity Ultron (What If…? Cartoon). About the Ultron, it will be the BAF for the next D+ wave. Hasbro themselves have confirmed that the 2 Hawkeyes (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) from the D+ Hawkeye series will be a part of this wave. While not confirmed we have listings that Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk are part of it as well. No word on the last 1/2 figures for this wave but it's looking like they will be What If...? figures.

I have also added the following Alts:

The next time we will look at the latest member of the New Warriors, Speedball.

bluemarvel01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We continue our look at the newest addition for the New Warriors with Speedball. I already gave my rant about how he doesn't come with Hairball, so instant I want to say that I hope we get his Penance form at some point. As for the rest of the founding New Warriors, all we need is Justice and Namorita. Justice would be easy to do, just a standard male body. However, Namorita will require at least a new torso but that figure can later be used for Marina, Namora etc.

I have also added the following Alternates:

Next time we will have a look at the SHIELD agent daughter of Mr. Hyde, Quake.

speedball01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. today we look at one of 2 female SHIELD agents as well as Directors of SHIELD, Mr. Hyde's daughter, Daisy Johnson, AKA Quake. I like that we are getting a standard female SHIELD agent but I would say to people not to army build this. Hasbro will re-release it with generic heads later on. No, it's not confirmed but if you know Hasbro was well like the rest of us you know they will do this.

Next time we will look at her counterpart, Maria Hill.

quake01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. As you may have heard they announced that we will be getting a 90’s animated, cell-shaded Jean Grey. No figure has been revealed but they did show the box art. I have added the Jean Grey (90’s cartoon) NCS page but will change the image tomorrow when we get the official images (more than likely a render). Fun fact about this, the Dark Phoenix saga of the series didn’t appear until series 3 of the show. I honestly thought it was during the first season.

I have also updated the Silk and Dr. Octopus pages with the new figures. I didn’t replace the older figure, because for Silk, it depends on whether you want the long or short hair version, and for Ock, it’s more the fact of which head you like better.

I have also added the following Alts to the site:

Tomorrow (unless RL gets in the way), we will finish off the Controller wave.