Near Complete Set V3

tarot

(sorry I meant to post this one last week)

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today, we continue our look at the Controller wave by looking at what are essentially 3 accessories. First off, we look at the former Director of SHIELD and the swappable head/arms/hands that come with Quake, Maria Hill. I’m glad we are getting this option to make Maria Hill. I have the 2-pack version, but it looks bad compared to the newer version. Just a reminder, while it’s your money and you have every right to army build, I would recommend not going overboard with buying multiple of this figure. Hasbro will re-release it as their Pulse exclusive army builders.

We also have an extremely quick look at the two Ravens that come with the new Thor figure, Munin and Hugin. These are the crows that Odin usually uses. Honestly there is no need to read them both as they are almost exactly the same, with a few names differently. Hell, we don’t even know which Raven died in the War of the Realm or if both of the crows that Thor used afterwards are the same.

Next time we will look at the BAF of the wave, the Controller.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Today, we finish off the Avenger's wave with a look at the BAF, one of Iron Man more frequent villains, Controller. Unlike a few people, I am delighted to be able to get this character. He may not be one of Iron man's most famous villains (though he has very few that are known outside of comic), but he has been part of the old Shellhead's rogue's gallery for decades.

I have also updated Jean Grey (90’s cartoon) NCS to now have the figure has been fully revealed. Honesty, I'm surprised people are shocked that this is a straight repaint, but I agree the price is #$##. Is the artwork and cell shading really worth that much?! Glad I don't collect these but then again, I'm not the target consumer.

I will be taking a break from NCS next week as we have not one but 2 Ideal Waves coming next week. I think people can guess what they are, given what's releasing next week.

controller01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Hasbro has released information for 2 new Moon Knight figures over the weekend (or rather, one official info and one that Marvel leaked accidentally), but I want to wait for the show to run for a bit more before I do a NCS for that. Since I caught up with all the reveals so far, I decided to jump back and look at the last figure of the All-Father wave by looking at the crazy Super-man, Sentry. Honestly, I wouldn't say this needs a remake, but I wouldn't mind if Hasbro decided to make another version NOT on the Hyperion mold. Maybe give us the red and black version if they want to make a new version.

Next time we will look at the BAF of the wave, or rather one of the options for the BAF, looking at the Thor from the End of Time, King Thor.

sentry01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today, we look back at the All-father wave by looking at the alternate parts that came with Machine Man and Captain Marvel, King Thor (The End of Time). I absolutely love the God of Thunder mini-series and recommend any Thor fan to read this. While we do need a Gorr comic figure (as well as Thor's granddaughters), we have the three Thor for the story this, with this, the Young Thor from Gladiator Hulk wave, and the Marvel Now Thor from the same wave as this King Thor.

Next time we will look and finish the Spider-man Hobgoblin wave (the Phil Urich version) by looking at both the Anti-Venom Klyntar and the Ultimate Universe Spider-woman.

kingthor01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the early waves of the Infinity line by looking at the Hobgoblin wave. After the success of the "Amazing Spider-man 2" wave, Hasbro decided to keep it going with a second wave but with only comic book figures. This wave proved even more successful and was the true start of the Spider-man sub-line (which was the replacement for the Spider-man Classic line). It also continues the trand of one box design for 2 separate characters, this time with Spider-Girl and Ultimate Spider-woman being called "Warriors of the Web".

I have already done a NCS for Spider-man, Spider-Girl (M2C), Spider-man 2099, Daredevil and the BAF Hobgoblin (Urich) so let look at the 2 remaining characters. One of the I technically did before with Venom (Brock) but this is about the Klyntar, Anti-Venom (Klyntar). As for the figure, I do think it should get a remake but it's not on my list of priorities.

We also look at one of five clones created by the Ultimate Doc Ock and probably the most famous, Spider-woman (Ultimate). I do hope we get at least the Ultimate Tarantula or Ultimate Scorpion at some point but it seems Hasbro has forgotten that this universe exists, as we haven't gotten anything from it since the Ultimate Spider-men.

I also added an alternate for Jessica Drew (Multiverse).

Next time we will begin looking at the remaining figure at the second Age of Ultron wave (the Thanos wave) by looking at the French savate villain, Batroc the Leaper.

anti-venom01.jpgspiderwomanult01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we begin our look at the second Age of Ultron wave. This wave was surprising when he was first revealed as it wasn't officially revealed. You see at the time we had no idea this wave was coming but someone managed to buy the full set before Hasbro had even revealed it. It may have been this (and a few others) that Hasbro started implementing the "Do Not Open" dates in their products.

Anyway, onto the wave. I have already I have already done a NCS for Iron Man (MCU), Captain America (MCU), The Hulk (MCU), Spider-woman (Jessica Drew) and the BAF Thanos so let talk about the figure that was originally a part of a Mini-Baf Jubilee wave that was cancelled, the French Savate user, Batroc The Leaper. I honestly think this is one of the most important Cap villains. People look at him and think he is a goofy stereotype, but he is one of the best fighters in Marvel. Hell, he fought and nearly defeated Batman, frigging Batman!!

Next time we will look at the last of the main members of the Defenders, a character that existed before the Marvel Universe (kind of), Patsy Walker, Hellcat.

batroc01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish our look back at the AOU Thanos wave by looking at the last of the core members of the Defenders (no, not the Netflix version), someone who was in comics long before the F4 appeared (well, kind of), Patsy Walker aka Hellcat. For anyone wondering who the core members of the comic Defenders are Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, and Hellcat herself.

I have also added the following Alternatives:

Next time we will look at Iron Man's coldest villain, Blizzard (sorry).

hellcat01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start our look back at the Age of Ultron Hulk Buster wave. Not much to say about this wave but it was the first one to implement the "Spoiler free" idea when the BAF and MCU figure weren't revealed until the movie was released. I have already done a NCS for Iron Man, War Machine (MCU), The Vision, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie and of course the BAF Iron Man (MCU). That leaves us with only two characters from this wave so let's start off with Iron Man's coldest villain (Couldn't resist), Blizzard.

Next time we will look the 70's version of being a feminist, Thundra.

blizzard01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we start and in case you missed it, I had to remove the image of the Thor: Love and Thunder wave. I found out that Disney is issuing DMCA (aka copyright claims) against site that host it and I ain't fighting the Mouse. I will leave the information about what is in the wave in the post.

Anyway, today we finish off the Hulkbuster wave by looking at what people in the 70's thought was what being a feminist was, Thundra (Femizon). No, I'm serious. She lives in a world ruled by women, with men being used as slaves, tried to prove her strength by defeating the strongest man (most cases the Thing) and would belittle men. She has been written better these days though.

Next time we will be begin our look at the only Ant-man wave so far and look at Wonder Man and Vision's insane brother, The Grim Reaper.

thundra01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Today we start looking at the first and only Ant-man wave. This wave is unique as not only does it contain a majority of comic figures, but it also is the first to have a figure from a different movie, in this case, MCU Ultron. As for why we didn't get a wave for "Ant-man and the Wasp", it simply because the movie release was too close to Infinity War and with the jammed packed year of Legends, it made sense to just slot the 2 Ant-man characters into the Avengers wave.

I have already done a NCS for The Wasp, Giant-Man, Ant-man (MCU) and the BAF Ultron (MCU) (half the wave) so let's look at the first of three villains in this wave, Wonder Man's insane brother, Grim Reaper. This is a figure that people really overlooked. First, this is a villain that has taken on the Avengers, which included heavy hitters like Vision, Black Panther, Hawkeye and Giant-man, by himself. He has also set up many teams of the Lethal Legion and the Legion of the Unliving. That is not mentioning he is essential if you are a fan of Vision, who many consider one of the Avenger's main villains.

Next time we will look at the only Namor villain we have gotten in ML, Tiger Shark.

grimreaper01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the only Ant-man wave so far by looking at a figure that was supposed to be released earlier, one of Namor's biggest villains, Tiger Shark. This is a figure you must have if you have a Namor figure. He is so far the only Namor villain and possibly his main villain besides Attuma.

Depending on my time on Sunday, the next character we will be looking at will be the last of the Wrecking Crew, Bulldozer. If not, then whatever is revealed on Tuesday, though I don't expect much.

tigershark01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. While we wait for Tuesday's livestream, today we finish off the only Ant-man wave so far by looking at the final main member of the Wrecking Crew, Bulldozer. I have said it before, but Hasbro needs to get back onto giving us a properly scaled Crew set, but this one is my favorite of the figures.

I have also added the following and final (at the moment) Alternates:

With most of the Alternatives out of the way, we move onto the next feature of the site, Universes. I haven't added anything yet but to go through what they are about. In the Universe pages, you will get a bit of background about the universe and how they came to be. This could be how they came to be in Real Life or how they branched off from the Prime Universe. Yes, I tried to do this before, but I deleted all those pages as I wasn't happy with them and wanted to do something else with them.

Please note that a Universe must have at least three characters made into a Marvel Legends before they are considered acceptable for a Universe page to be made. I.E. the Wasteland universe have four characters (Old Man Logan, Hawkeye, Spider-B***h and Hulk Jr.) but the 2099 universe only has Spider-man 2099 so it won't get a page. Instead, you will find these characters in the future Misc Universe page with a brief note about them. As for universe like the Games and Animated universe, you will find them in Gamerverse or Cartoon pages (coming soon), separated by show or game. Live action will be separated by MCU, XCU and Misc.

As for why I even bother, a lot of people like collecting characters from one universe, the biggest being the Prime Universe or the MCU. It is also throwing a bit of shade at the people who says, "I only collect the Prime universe" and then add Bishop or Spider-Gwen to their collections. They are from alternate universes. (I'm of course kidding as it's your collection so add whatever you want.)

Depending on what is reveal on Tuesday, which I will be off for and will be reporting on it, the next character after the reveals will be Spider-man's first ever super-villain, the Chameleon.

bulldozer01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start our (rather quick) look at the new characters and figures revealed on Tuesday. There were only really four new characters revealed (minus the Thor figure but I'm waiting until after the movie for them), with all four of those new characters being alternate universe versions of characters we already have. So let talk about a character we haven't talked about yet, Ned Leeds, both his Comic and his MCU (as well as his Alternate page.)

"Wait" you may be thinking. "We have a comic version of Ned Leeds". Technically we have. Several times in fact. You see in the comics, the poor husband of Betty Brant was brainwashed into thinking he was the Hobgoblin. He would be so for many years until his (initial) death. So everything we have gotten the classic Hobgoblin, we have gotten not just Roderick Kingsley, but his brother, Daniel, Lefty Donovan and of course Ned Leeds. Kingsley is the master of branding.

And before anyone says it, I know that MCU Ned Leeds bother more heavily on Ganke Lee from the Ultimate universe, but Ganke doesn't have a comic book figure (and probably never will) and I wanted to talk about Ned Leeds so here we go.

nedleeds01c.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Today we continue our looks at the reveals from last Tuesday with a look at 2 Spider-men. First, we have a quick look at the Spider-man Noir (Into the Spider-Verse) (as well as adding Spider-man Noir (Multiverse) to the alternates). Not much to say about this figure. If you missed the previous comic book version, then you can use this instead.

As for the other Peter Parker, we look at the Spider-man (Renew Your Vows). I normally don’t do this since the figure is just the classic costume but since it 2-pack is being marketed as a “Renew Your Vows” set, I thought I would add this. Hopefully, we will get Spiderling at some point to complete the family.

Next time we will look at his wife, the Spider-mom, Spinneret.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. It took 6 days over the past couple of weeks, (remember I work evenings) but I finally have added the first of the Universes page. Of course, we have to start with the Prime Universe (see link below). This is a pretty barebone page with leaks to the characters. I was going to make it a series of images with links to the characters, then I remember there are over 400 characters so I ain’t doing that. I also didn’t give much of a background for the universe because, well, it’s the main universe. You know what’s it’s about. Also, if you look at the bottom of the page, you will find characters that are not part of this universe but for one reason or another have found themselves residing in the Prime Universe. For example, Bishop is from a future timeline but chased criminals back in time and (usually) remains in the Prime Universe.

I will be doing this in order of comic universe, Gamerverses, animated universes, and Live Action universe, in alphabetical order. When I do the next universe, it will be a much more detailed page. Remember they have to have at least three characters to have a page dedicated to that universe. Otherwise, they will be placed on the Misc Universe page (not created yet). The next Universe will be the Age of Apocalypse.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Yesterday I told you that I would be doing another universe at some point. Just didn’t think it would be this soon. Just goes to show how large the Prime Universe is. Anyway, today, since I had some time left over from work, I have added the next Universe on the list, the Age of Apocalypse Universe (see link below). The way this page is done is how all Universe pages will be from now on, a bit of info about the universe as well as all the characters from that universe. The next universe will be “Days of Futures Past”.

As for the NCS, I will be taking a bit of a break next week, but the next will be Spinneret. I will be doing an Ideal wave next week based around Dr. Strange.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off our look at the (so far, latest) figures from the Spider-man: Beyond Amazing line by looking at Spider-mom, or as she is more commonly known as Spinneret (Renew Your Vows). Honestly, out of the 2 figures in this set, this is the one I’m looking forward to more. Spider-man is great and all but I’m tired of the Classic form.

I also did a quick NCS for Moon Knight (MCU). Not much to say about this. I really enjoyed the series. Hopefully, we will get a Khonshu or Scarlet Scarab soon. Speaking of the MCU, I went to see Multiverse of Madness over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it. However, because I saw it, I will have to leave the NCS from that wave for another 2 weeks to give people a chance to see it. People who saw the movie will know what I mean.

I have also added a Moon Knights and Marc Spector (Multiverse) to the alternates.

Next time we will look at Spider-man’s first ever villain, Chameleon.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Since we have caught up with all that has been revealed from the past couple of weeks (remember I'm leaving the MOM stuff until Monday 23rd), so let's jump back to look at some of the older stuff that Hasbro released. This time we will look at the Rhino wave. To this day I still think that this wave is the one of best Spider-man waves this day. We got needed updates to Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly), Ghost Rider (Blaze), Kraven the Hunter and Rhino, a new Venom version for Dr. Octopus (which I still think was a stupid inclusion) as well as obscure characters in Misty and White Tiger. But while we will get onto the last two soon, today we will talk about the long-awaited Chameleon. This is a figure that was needed for a decade.

I have also added some new universes to the site:

Next time we will look at the former girlfriend of Iron Fist and a former NYPD officer with a cybernetic hand, Misty Knight.

chameleon01.jpg?w=240

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look back at the original Rhino wave by looking at one of the Daughters of the Dragon, the former NYPD detective with the golden arm, Misty Knight. I love having this figure standing next to Iron Fist. The couple were one of the few interracial relationships at the time. But the bigger problem is that we still don't have her best friend Colleen Wing. I mean it's been several years since Netflix cancelled Iron Fist so they can't use that as an excuse to not give us a comic book figure.

I have also added the following Universes to the site:

Next time we will look at the latest hero of the Latino legacy, White Tiger.

mistyknight01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off the original Spider-man Rhino wave by looking at the character from the Hispanic legacy line, White Tiger (Ava Ayala). Yes, this was a figure that was only made because of her role in the Ultimate cartoon and yes, we do need a Hector and/or Angela, but I honestly think this is a great figure. It really stands out on the shelf. (Note: this character and family has nothing to do with the Black Panther character or the one that joined the Heroes of Hire.)

We have the Instagram livestream tomorrow (though I don't expect much to be revealed). If there is any new characters (doubtful) I will do them next but otherwise we will move onto the Absorbing Man wave with a look at the Crime Master version of Jack O'Lantern.

whitetiger01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We have a bit to go through today so let's just get into it. Starting off we have a few updates due to the Instagram reveals. So far there is one new character, 2 updates and 2 repaints.

• Spider-man - I added the Bag man to the page and out of the needed section.
  • War Machine - replace the deluxe set with the Vintage version. They are mostly the same figure with a few different pieces though. It all depends on what paint you want. For me personally I will be hanging the vintage version on the wall.
  • Longshot (Mojoverse) - replace the Toybiz version with the Hasbro version.
  • Dazzler - replaced the vintage version with the Mojo World version since it's more accurate to the comic.
  • Mojo (Mojoverse) - replaced the Toybiz version with the FAR SUPERIOR Hasbro version.

Next up, since the international treaty against spoiler for Dr. Strange of the Multiverse of Madness is now up, we can now talk about the MOM wave characters without someone giving out to me for spoiling it. You guys had two weeks to go to see it. That being said there isn't much spoilt with these.

And with those, we now have over 600 NCS done. That's right 600. Ironically, I have been doing this for nearly six years now and still haven't done an NCS for every character that both Toybiz and Hasbro have released. I have another 100 to do and that list just keeps growing. With the exception of Transformers, I don't think there is any other toy line that has done that many characters. But don't worry, I will be there to cover them all. So I would like to thank people who continue to support me and hope you do from now on.

Next time we will look at the first female head of SHIELD Sharon Carter, aka Agent 13 and her MCU counterpart.

spiderman14.jpgwarmachine02b.jpglongshot01.jpgdazzler02b.jpgmojo01.jpgdrstrangemcu04.jpgmordo83801.jpgamericachavezmcu01.jpgwongmcu01.jpgrintrahmcu01.jpgdefenderstrangemcu01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Last week's livestream revealed that the fifth figure for the D+ Infinity Ultron wave will be Sharon Carter from her role in the Falcon and Winter Soldier series. (Let's be honest. None of us was expecting that). As I like to do with NCS for characters that have an MCU version made, today we will look at the comic version of Sharon Carter, also known as Agent 13 as well as look at her MCU version who is now the MCU's version of Power Broker (MCU). (Spoilers but it been almost a year). Since we now have two alternate versions of her, I also added Sharon Carter (Multiverse).

I have also added the Wasteland Universe (Earth-807128) to the Universe section for those that want to build the Old Man Logan collection. Hopefully, we will get more from that universe like Old Man Star-Lord.

Next time we will look at the first fire-based Herald of Galactus (Air-walker was, well, wind) Firelord.

sharoncarter02.jpgsharoncartermcu01.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the new characters that were revealed in the previous livestream by looking at 2 characters. One from the stars and one from Japan. First off, we look at Galactus' first known fire-based Herald, Firelord. It is great that we finally have this character and Hasbro has said we will get another one this year. The most likely candidate is an updated Terrax but we could also see Air-Walker, Red Shift or Stardust.

Also up today, we have a quick look at Japan's tokusatsu answer to Marvel, Spider-man (Toei). Disney+ has a documentary as part of the "Marvel 616" series (which i recommend you watch to get a full back story of the development of the show and characters) but what basically happened is Stan Lee, president of Marvel at the time, was vacationing in Japan when Toei approached him to develop one of Marvel property. Stan liked the idea of one of his characters being developed for Japanese audience but also gave them permission to change the aspect of the characters to suit the Japanese audience.

Thus, having success with tokusatsu series (live action hero series that would eventually become Power Rangers, Beetleborgs and more in the west), Toei decided to incorporate Spider-man into one of these. Except for the name and basic costume design, Toei changed everything about the character for Japanese audiences. He was now Takuya Yamashiro, and instead of gaining his power through a spider-bite, he instead was given a special bracelet and costume by an alien. He also had a transforming spaceship that would change into a Mecha called Leopardon (more on that in a bit.)

For the most part, the show was a "monster of the week" show, which they had been doing for years with their Super-Sentai series. Spider-man or someone he knew would have some kind of problem, Spider-man would battle a monster, Monster would grow, Spider-man would summon Leopardon and defeat the monster. Because of all the changes, Bandai was able to claim shared ownership of the series with Marvel. So, when the character appeared in the original Spider-verse comic story line, they weren't happy and told Marvel not to do it again. But when they saw how the character was gaining popularity, Bandai relented and has since allowed Marvel to continue to use the character for whatever they wanted including merchandising, thus the reason we have gotten this figure.

About Leopardon, while not the first, this show would inspire Toei to incorporate Mechs into the Super-Sentai series more, with it becoming the standard for series. That's right. It's mainly because of this show that Power Rangers, Super-Sentai American counterpart, has Zords.

With that long winded explanation out of the wave, I have also started adding universe to the new Misc. Universes page, including the 2020 universe, the 2099 universe, the Bishop's Future and the Universal Church of Truth universe.

Next time (possibly Wednesday) we will look at the X-Babie Wolvie II and the X-men: The Animated Series semi-original character, Morph.

firelord01.jpgsupaidaman01.jpg