Near Complete Set V3

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off our look back at the original Arnim Zola wave by looking at Wolverine's son, Daken. Honestly while I wouldn't mind them remaking this figure, I think it's about time that they make a figure with one of his more unique costumes. I'm think the new X-factor or X-men Blue version.

Since I done an NCS for all the character in the next 2 wave, I just want to quickly talk about them in their entirety and what experiments Hasbro tried to do with them. First off let's talk about the Epic Heroes wave. For this wave Hasbro decided to give the BAF a break and instead give us grey stands. As you can tell, people hated this idea. Not only that but it may have been because of that and the low sales of the wave, lead to Hasbro cancelling all the variants that had planned, with Blade and Moonstar not getting their figure for much later.

The next wave, the Iron Man 3, started what would become the standard for ML, mixing comic and movie figures. This was the first wave to do so. One could even say that it was this idea that saved the Marvel Legends line. However, Hasbro decided to split the wave in two. While the second part would eventually get release but because of the low sales of the first wave, many people couldn't find it in stores. They would try this method again in another wave, but they dropped the idea soon after.

Anyway, I have also added the following Alts thanks to Mary-Jane Watson and Ms. Marvel:

Next time we will begin our look at the year of the Mini-BAF with a look at the Kree from another universe, Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr).

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Before we go onto talking about today's character, I just wanted to talk about the wave he appeared in. Hasbro has just relaunched the line and had four waves already released before they tried another idea for the line, the Mini-Bafs. These were smaller characters, like this wave's Hit-Monkey, with the parts coming with only a handful of figures. Not only that but Hasbro was still trying to sell the "Swap figure" variants, but all the swaps were either put on hold with the Sentry and Iron Fist eventually coming in All-Father wave or were never released as is still the case with Lyra. To say people weren't happy would be an understatement.

HOWEVER, the wave did do some new characters like the one we are talking about today. We look at the Kree from another universe, Noh-Varr or as he is commonly known as Marvel Boy (Earth-2000800). Honestly while I wouldn't say no to a remake of this version, we really need a more "classic" version of him in his green and white/black costume.

No Alts today so next time we will look at the ex-wife of the Hulk, Red She-Hulk.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we continue our look at the Hit-Monkey with Hulk's main squeeze, Betty Ross or as I like to call her, Red She-Hulk. Yes, yes, I know she has been Harpy more, but this is a more unique name for her. But what really pisses me off is that she was supposed to come with Lyra as a swap figure, and since then, the daughter of Hulk and Thundra has yet to make an appearance. This makes her the only new character from that period not to get a figure officially since. Come On Hasbro. Give us Lyra.

I have also added the following Alts. (I was going to add more but then I noticed that a few pages had reverted to preview pages.):

Next time we will finish the Hit-Monkey wave by looking at the character that was literally created to be a rip-off of a certain DC character, Hyperion.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off the Hit-Monkey wave with a look at the official Super-man rip-off (hey, even Marvel admits it) with a look at Hyperion (Earth-S). I'm pretty sure this is the version that Hasbro based this figure on but there is so many I could be wrongs. He is definitely not the Sinister version, the recent Heroes reborn version or the one that joined the Avengers (who I think should really get made soon).

As for the wave itself, when it first released, I like it but now I find that Hasbro really dropped the ball with this. A tiny BAF that could have been packed in with another character or even by itself with the biggest BAF piece. The then unreleased figures (why are we still waiting on Lyra Hasbro). And finally, still using builds from Toybiz. The only thing that is a plus is that the got a number of characters that have yet to be redone.

Anyway, I have also added the following Alts thanks to Moonstar, Morph (Age Of Apocalypse) and Mysterio:

There won't be a NCS tomorrow since I will be starting this years "Best of Marvel Legends". So, on Wednesday, we will look at and finish the end wave, the Rocket Racoon wave, by looking at the leader of the Wrecking Crew, the Wrecker.

Hey my fellow Plastic Addicts. Just wanted to let you know that I have added the following Alternates to the site. Not much to say about them, so here they are.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start and finish the Rocket Racoon Mini-BAF wave as well as finish the year of the Mini-BAF. Well, it wasn't supposed to be. Not including the original Puck wave that was exclusive to Preview, there was supposed to be another wave for the Mini-BAF. This wave included Radioactive Man, Tiger Shark, Blizzard, Batroc, Agent Venom, Thor (Marvel Now!), a retail version of Moonstone and Songbird with Jubilee being the BAF. However, with the low sales and the horrible distribution of the line (trust me it was WAAAAAYYYY worse than it is now), Marvel Legends was all but cancelled for the second/third time. All the figures in that wave would make it out in one form or another, either as part of a wave, box set or store exclusive. Only the retailed version of Moonstone and the figure of Songbird (which did receive a far superior figure later) never made it out. (Noticing a pattern here Hasbro). But, as you may have guess, Hasbro wasn't finished with the line as they would launch a new line a few months later. However, it wasn't the end of experiments. I'll talk about that next time.

Anyway, back to this only character I haven't done a NCS for in the Rocket Racoon wave. (I have already done Phoenix, Black Panther, Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), Hawkeye and the BAF Rocket Raccoon.) We now look at the leader of the Wrecking Crew, which who they gained their name from, the man with the mystic Crowbar, The Wrecker. Like all the Crew, he does need a remake. If they do decide to redo them, then I think Wrecker should be first. He is the face of the team and has battle the most heroes.

I have also added the following Alts to the site thanks to Sabretooth, Sandman and Sasquatch (Exiles):

Even though I will be talking the next wave (the Mandriod wave) next time, I have done all the character in that wave so next time with will go over to the start of the Spider-man subline with looking at the official 616 Spider-Girl as well as a quick one for Amazing Spider-man and Electro.