Near Complete Set V3

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. After finishing off all the 6inch figures that are unique characters, today we look at 3 figures from the Marvel Select line that many people use in their Marvel Legends line. We start with someone most people are still angry who was included in the Haslab Engine of Vengeance project, Mephisto. Yes, Hasbro shouldn't have made one of the most important villains part of that project. However, they said THAT VERSION of Mephisto wouldn't be released in retail so they may just repaint it and release it on Pulse at some point.

Next, we look at a character that could be watching you now, Uatu The Watcher. It's actually surprising we haven't gotten this in ML form at some point. Easy BAF for a F4 wave. Then again if you don't have the Select form the What If...? version makes a great stand-in.

Lastly, it is not really a figure, more of a statue that come with the Mad Titan, the embodiment of Death and Destruction, Mistress Death. Honestly, I would skip getting this. I don't see what would prevent Hasbro from making this eventually. The standard female body with skeleton hands and head. Maybe a pack-in with her brother?

That it for all the figures released by Diamond, Toybiz and Hasbro so far but next time we will begin looking at characters that just happen to wear the same costume as previous NCS. For example, all the Captain America, Red Guardians, Beetles, or Iron Men. You actually be surprised how many figures can be used for other characters.

mephisto01.jpg?w=400
uatu01.jpg?w=400
death01.jpg?w=400

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we start a new part of NCS, where we look at characters that just happen to wear the costume that Toybiz and Hasbro have made into a figure. For example, let's start off with Tony Stark's former love and frequent head of security, Bethany Cabe. She wore the Neo-Classic armor when Rhodey recruited former people that have donned the Iron Man armor in order to defeat Ultimo. Given that Iron Man has a big part of ML, we may get an official version of her later. Maybe for an Iron man Retro wave?

Next, you know how Beetle had three armors before he decided to become a good guy as Mach-I. Well, three students later stole these three armors, and they became the Beetle. We are still missing the MK I version, but you can have Beetle (Gary Quinn) and Beetle (Elizabeth Vaughn) in your display by using the Buzzing Beetle and Homecoming wave Beetle respectively.

Lastly, long before Sam, Bucky and even John took up the mantle of Captain America, there was a time when Steve gave up the mantle when he learnt that a high-ranking official in the US government was behind the terrorist group The Secret Empire. During that time, he became the Nomad and a number of people tried to fill the role. One was a comedically short run by Captain America (Bob Russo) and the other with a rather iconic scene was Captain America (Simons). Not saying you should ever use the Classic Cap for this, but it is nice to known about these.

Before you go, I just want to say I will only be doing these alternate characters for the Prime universe. If I were to do Alternate universe versions of the characters, I would never be done. Unless Hasbro markets the figure as some alternate universe, like they did with the RYV Spider-man, I will not do them.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. First, I would like to thank all the people who sent their well wishes last week. But before we move onto the NCS, I just have a quick rumor update. With less than a month before the movie release we still haven't gotten the reveal of the wave for the Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania. This is most likely due to the movie being brought forward nearly half a year, making the preparation time for this wave a lot shorter. Don't forget, it was supposed to be the Marvels next. However, thanks to JayC (see here) we now MAY known when it will be revealed, probably the first week of February. As it says in the link above, this may not be the actual date for these, but I just thought I give you the heads up.

Now onto the NCS, starting with the brainiac daughter of Sue Storm and Reed Richards, Valeria Richards, aka Brainstorm. (Yes, that's her actual codename). I love that Hasbro is completing the family. All we really need is Alicia Masters Grimm and we will have the full family.

We also have an Iron Man replacement with Eddie March, who is actually the first black person to wear the Iron Man armor, years before Rhodey was even introduced. Like Happy, Eddie also became the Freak so that allowed me to make a Freaks alternate page. I also made a NCS for Captain Marvel (Khn’Nr). Yes, I usually don't make a page for the forms that Skrulls take but given that he had a rather long tenure as Mar-Vell and never really changed back into his Skrull form, I am adding him.

valeriarichards03b.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. As you may know, Hasbro has announced that they will be releasing a comic book version of the original Guardians of the Galaxy member, the archer Yondu (31st Century), so I did a NCS for him. Now Hasbro has to make Martinex as a single figure (as either part of a GOTG wave or Avengers wave) as well as a Charlie-27 as a BAF. Starhawk, Nikki and Aleta can wait but we need the founding members of the 31st century's Avengers. This allowed me to create a Yondu (Multiverse) page for the alternates. Maybe we can get his ancestor the 616 version as well.

I also did another Iron Man pilot who I think should get a proper figure soon, Force. If you are wondering why I made a NCS of him, he has worn the Iron man armor a number of times, particularly when he was part of Rhodey's Iron Legion. But yes Classic Force is needed for our collections.

Unless something else is revealed by next Monday, next time we will look at the white supremist Captain America, the Grand Director as well as the only villainous Green Goblin not to be part of the Osborn family, Bart Hamilton.

yondu01.jpg?w=400
force02.jpg?w=400