Near Complete Set V3

tarot

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. I know it’s been nearly 2 weeks since I posted anything since the livestream. It was nothing serious. We just had a lightning storm last weekend, when I just happened to be off work, and since then our internet was playing hot potato with the connection. It was all fixed up early in the week, but I had work. I’m back now so let’s look at some character updates. We have quite a few since the livestream.

Figures that have been replaced with better images

• Falcon – Captain America version replaced with new product pictures.
  • Carnage (Kasady) + Carnage (Klyntar) – I added the new Target Exclusive Retro carded to the Classic and Cletus Kasady section respectively.
  • Arnim Zola – added the new Amazon 2-pack version into the classic section. If you have the older version then this might not be worth getting unless you really want Heinrich
  • Red Widow – replace the image with the new product image

Replaced Older figures with new better figure.

• Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo) – Replace the Toybiz version with the new Hasbro version.
  • Dum Dum Dugan – replace the old 2-pack version with the new 3-pack version.
  • Cable – Replace the Toybiz Solo series version with the new Hasbro version (Yes. It’s technically a remake)
  • Ka-Zar – Replace the SDCC version with the New Zabu version
  • Zabu – Replace the SDC version with the BAF version

New costume section

• Wolverine + Spider-man– Added Empyre New Fantastic Four section to both
  • Agent 13 – Added a Quitting SHIELD section.
  • Iron Man – added a Superior Iron Man section
  • Wolfsbane – Added a X-factor section (Fucking Finally!)

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Hasbro seems to be going all out with the Spider-man: The Animated series line this year as since the last NCS we have had five characters from that series announced, two before the livestream and three during it. Now, hands up, these do nothing for me but I know there is a market for these as Hasbro are still doing them. Hasbro doesn't continue a line if it doesn't sell.

Today we look at Daredevil (The Animated Series) (Who they made blond in the series), Hydro Man (The Animated Series) (Who I didn't think they would do since in the series he was an insane stalker), Morbius (The Animated Series) ("Plasma" Nuff said), Dr. Strange (The Animated Series) and Prowler (The Animated Series). These have also allow me to add a Michael Morbius (Multiverse) and Morris Bench (Multiverse) to the alternates.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. One of the things I found extremely disappointing about last year's the Marvel's Totally Amazing Hulk wave's was that Commander Rogers didn't come with parts to make a certain son of the director of SHIELD. Well, Hasbro must have heard my, and many others, complaints as they are finally giving us a Nick Fury Jr.. Yes, you could say, we could use the Ultimate version or MCU version but it's not the same. We still don't know if this set will come with Sr.'s head yead but if it does, you might be able to put this head on the Commander Rogers figure and make that version.

Next time we will look at the second Eternals comic figure we ever had in the line, Ikaris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we look at the second member of the comic book versions of the Eternals to get a figure in Marvel Legends. (The first is Sersi by the way.) Today we look at probably the most famous, or at least second most famous, member of the immortal race, Ikaris. Do I think we will get another member of this team? Probably but even before the movie came out, the Eternals were an obscure team.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Happy St. Patrick's day or Paddy's Day as we call it here in Ireland. Since I just happened to be off today, I decided to do a Missing Legend based on an Irish character. However, since Hasbro has made a figure of the 3 most famous Irish character in Marvel, Banshee, Siryn and Black Tom Cassidy, I had to search for another character. So I thought, 'Hey, Captain America is the son of Irish immegrants, maybe I should do the Ireland version of him.' Thus, today we talk about Ireland Patriot hero - Shamrock.

As always if you have a character you want me to talk about, please enter your choice her - Missing Legends Requests

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we saw the launch of the first two episode of the X-men '97 series and I can honestly say, they get two thumps up from me. As we finally have the series started, I can finally do NCSs for the first two waves of X-men '97 legends. A few I have done always just added a 97 section.

We also have a few character that are new entrances to the site:

The only ones left are Goblin Queen and Nightcrawler but I have a feeling Goblin Queen will not be until later episodes.

The next time I will post will be (Hopefully) Monday 25th.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off the Zabu wave with a love at a character that made Galactus, probably one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, his #$##, the Devourer of entire universe, Black Winter. People might be saying that Black Winter is a new concept but researching the character, not only was he introduced in Thor #169 way back in 1969, but that comic also told the origins of Galactus, which is ironic considering how this storyline took place with Galactus making Thor is herald. Say what you will about Donny Cate, the man does his research.

Also today, I continue doing some Grunts with a look at the Prime Sentinels as well as Fraternity of Raptors (Grunts). I can't see them re-releasing the Prime Sentinels, but I can easily see Hasbro re-releasing Darkhawk (or remaking him) as a Pulse exclusive in a diverse set of colors, similar to the Hand Ninjas.

The next non-news post will probably be Sunday

the past week, we have had several reveals and updates. First there was the official reveal that we ARE getting a Nick Fury Sr. head with a much better Sharon Carter head. Then there was the Deadpool Legacy figures and lastly was Iron man Retro wave. Out of all the reveals however, there were only two brand new characters but there were three major updates to Iron Man figures.

Starting with some new images, with the SHIELD box set.

Then we have updates to old figures

• Nick Fury - replaced the old MCU Giant-Man wave version with the box set.
  • Deadpool (XCU) - replaced the 2-pack with the Legacy version
  • Wolverine (XCU) - Replaced the X-men 20th version with the Legacy version
  • Iron Man - I replaced The MK 1 Gold version, the Neo Classic version and the Secretary of Defense version. I have a couple of things to say about the last one. First, I have been calling the TB Modern version of Iron Man the Model 20/Tin Man version for years. I was wrong. It is actually the Secretary of Defense version / Model 24. Second Hasbro has mislabeled their version. They called it Model 20 but model 20 was this version. Before anyone says the Mark 24 does have yellow on the sides, I have included an image of the suit that proves that some version of the suit does. Lastly with these three figures we now have only two figures from the Toybiz days of Prime Universe Iron man that need to be remade, the Hulkbuster Iron man (Which is rumored to be coming this year, hopefully on the retro card) and the Thorbuster Armor, which many people including myself know will use the Destroyer figure to make.

Finally we have the only new costume in the bunch:

• She-Hulk - I added a classic second. I say classic as it's one of her earlier costumes that she wore more than once.

The next post, which will be an Ideal wave, will be on Sunday (02/04).

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. I have a couple of things to talk about today so let's just jump right into it. First off, I have updated the The Wasp page by replacing the earlier render of the classic/first appearance as well as add another section *VS Nefaria* where I explain the unmasked head. As for her boyfriend, Giant-Man, I have added the new figure into the Giant-man (Third Costume) section as the "Regular" figure. Now we can have a new growing effect once we get the Haslab version.

Onto the new characters now, and we finally have the Goblin Queen (The Animated Series) from the X-men 97 wave. I know some will say I should also put the Jean Grey from this wave into this page but 1. She only wore it when she was in Gyrich's mind, not physically and 2. until we get confirmation of when Maddie and Jean were swapped, I will assume it was right after the series. This has also allowed me to update the Jean Grey (Multiverse) page.

But Maddie wasn't the only character from the pack that got a figure, her baby Nathen did as well, so I added Cable (The Animated Series). I can see people saying, "Oh but he is not a real figure" and all I can say is.... How long have you been on this site? As long as they are a new character for that universe, they will be added no matter if the figure is just a statue. Like his mom and stepmom, I have updated the Nathan Summers (Multiverse).

Lastly, since we have gotten so many figure from the 90's animated series, I have moved all those from the Misc Animated to it's own page called -The Animated Series Universe (Earth-92131). Yes, I know there are debates on what is included in that shared universe, but I'm putting them all under here.

Next post will be tomorrow with Whiplash.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. If you haven't been on the internet all day or just use this site for the ML news, then you may not know that Hasbro has announced that they are doing another livestream next Monday, 15th of April. I will probably do rumor recap on Sunday but for now let's look at figures that have already been revealed.

We start with one of 2 brand new characters from the recent Iron Man retro line with one Iron Man villain many people have been asking for, Whiplash (Scarlotti). I would like to see Hasbro do the Vanko version at some point like they did with the MU scale figure but I love that we are getting this.

As for the Grunts, I have added the Sentinels (Grunts) and the Skrull Soldiers. For anyone that is wondering, the Prime Sentinels have their own page as I want to make a race page for all the Sentinels and the Super-Skrulls will have their own pages as well.

I'm going to tried and get the rest of the Grunts done this week, but tomorrow we look at Madame Masque's father, Count Nefaria.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we finish off our look at the Iron man Retro wave with a look at Madame Masque's papa and a man responsible for the first death of the X-men following the Giant-Size X-men team formed, Count Nefaria. Getting this figure make my want of a Masque remade all the more apparent, maybe we can also finally get Power man/Atlas?

As for the Grunt, we have a look at Squirrel Girl's Squirrels (Grunts) as well as the SHIELD Agents. Tomorrow we will continue our look at the Grunts and hopefully finish them.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today I finally finish off doing all the Army Builder with the final 5 Grunts. We start with the Super-Skrulls (Grunts), which I will be using for all the nameless Super-Skrulls from the Secret Invasions, since many of them are one or two panels. Next we have a MCU grunts with the Tracksuit Mafia Thugs (MCU), which many people are using as common street thugs for their comic collections. Ultron Drones are next but I think many people will just use it as the main man....robot.....android himself. Next we have the Vault Guardsmen from the Ursa Major wave but personally I use it for Michael O'Brien. Lastly we have the Wendigo tribe, which we recently discovered existed in the great north.

And with that, I am finally done. I have made a NCS or otherwise for every character who has appeared in Marvel Legend overs the years......until Monday where I hope they will reveal some new characters. But that doesn't mean I'm done with this. No sir. Starting at sometime this week, (Not sure which day) I will be starting the next part of this site, where I look at teams and seeing what member we have and what members we are missing. I'm still trying to decide HOW I will do it (As in formating the page and such) but I will NOT let you know what team I will be doing. I want it to be a surprise. I will also let you know I will not be doing any real world politic parties so don't expect Red Skull's original team to be here. You guys know which one I mean.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. While we wait for Monday's reveal, we look at the extensive list of characters that my readers have been asking Hasbro to make, some obscure and some that boggle the mind as to why they haven't been made yet. Such is the case with today's character, the constant leader of the Frightful Four, Wizard. I think every Fantastic Four collector, hell, I say every collector has been asking for this character for years. We need to have the main constant in the evil F4.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today's the day. Today is the day I think many of my readers have been waiting for. After 7 years, I have finally finished doing a NCS for every character that has had a Marvel Legends scale figure made of them, from the Toybiz days all the way up to now, as well as every Army Builder. (Until at least Monday). So, I can take a break, right? I mean what else can there be? Oh, so much more. Today we start our newest part of the site, which I am dubbing "Team Building".

Before we get into it, I just want to explain how this will work. First of all, like always, Characters' NCS and Grunts will always take priority. That's never going to change. As for how I'm going to go about this, I thought I would try something different. Instead of starting with the first character starting with A (usually Abomination), I thought I would start in reverse and start with the last character on the character page, Zombie, and work my way up from there. This way, as I move up the list, the teams I must do will get smaller and smaller. Why not start with the bigger name teams? Simple. I don't want to. I should also let you know that a team will only be considered IF they have at least two members that have been made into ML figures.

As for how the page will work. First, I will give a brief profile like the Characters. Then I go into the origin of the team and will go into when and how each member joined (or as best as I can.). Next, I will go into every member you have in figure form. (NOTE: If a character has been a member of the team but doesn't have the costume s/he wore during the time he was part of the team, he will STILL be included. IE. Punisher is included in today's team, but we don't have his Frankencastle figure). These will be broken into various sections, always starting with the Founder (The first members of the team) followed by either YEAR (1960 recruits, 1970 recruit etc), Incarnations (The first Midnight sons, the second Midnight son) or through stories arcs (IE Infinity Guantlet).

After that we have a slideshow of all the characters we are missing, in order of when they joined, as well as my opinion (can't emphasis that enough) on whether or not that character has a chance of being made, regardless of the costume. This is followed by "Other members". This is reserved for characters that have no chance of being made as they are essentially random members of the team that are seen in the background. If I were to use a video game term, they would be NPC characters, like all the SHIELD or Hydra members. Last thing, if you want to see what team a character has been a part of by himself, just head to the bottom of the character page.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is. So let's show you two examples. We start with All-New Howling Commandos, one of many versions of the SHIELD monster teams, which we are only missing one character from and, Legion of Monsters, which we only need 3 to complete.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today livestream was awesome as we celebrate 85 years of Marvel and while I do love, and I mean love, everything, all of them were updates to previous figure with Luke Cage being the only exception. There were no new character either, which makes my job easier as now I don't have to research. As such I have updated the following characters

Next post will be on Saturday.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Every team needs a counterpart. The Avengers have the Masters, the F4 have the Frightful Four and the X-men have the Brotherhood. For the New Mutants (and later X-force) their counterpart seems to be the MLF or Mutant Liberation Front. We have quite a few members of them, but they are mostly characters that were part of a different team, like Moonstar or Banshee. We haven't really gotten any of the core members of the team, except Zero and Stryfe. Now that's not to say we won't get them. Tempo has exploded in popularity since the Krakoa days and Forearm is a character that has been requested by fans for ages. There is of course Feral, but let's face it that is coming. The rest can be wave fillers but some of them have low to no chance of being made.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we look at two more teams from the Prime universe. I'm going to be sticking to just the Prime Universe for now, with the MCU coming after then alternate universe after that. (Hey, I have over 500 teams to go through so give me a break.) We start today off with a look at the latest Avengers support team, assembled by Black Panther, Agents of Wakanda. We actually have quite a few members of this team, with two being BAFs (Ursa Major and the recently remade Zabu.) Out of the ones missing, I think a comic Okoye has a high chance of being made with Gorilla Man also having a high chance but as a BAF. The rest are possible with a few being slotted into various waves (One or two in an X-wave, and a few being part of a Captain America or Thor wave), with the only one I'm not confident that we could get being Fat Cobra.

Also, joining us today is the furry/scaley/feathery hero team of the Prime Universe, Pet Avengers. Note how I said the Prime Universe. The previous incarnation of the team has been relegated to an alternate universe by Marvel, Earth-97161. That being said, the members are pretty much the same with the additions of Hugin, Munin and Bats. Out of the missing members, Lockjaw and Throg will come eventually as a baf and pack-in respectively. There is no doubt we will see them in some form eventually. The only other members are Bats, which could be packed in with a Dr. Strange/Wong figure, and Hairball, which should have been with Speedball!

The next non-News post will be on Sunday with a Missing Legends for a certain female Canadian magic user.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today we head to the Great White North to find another hero that needs to be made into Marvel Legends. As always if you have a character, you want me to talk about that hasn't been made into a Marvel Legends, please enter them here - Missing Legends Requests. For today, we look at Alpha Flight's roster to find we have quite a few characters left to be made, one of them being Shaman's daughter, Talisman. I think this character really got a boost in popularity due to her role in Omega Flight really, which we have all BUT her (and Arachne Julia Carpenter.) That's why I think the Omega Flight version is the one that we are more than likely to get.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today, as you can tell from the title, we will start looking at one of the main teams of Marvel, the Avengers. However, this is only the first part. You see, there have been so many members of the team that I need to break it up into parts. There is also the fact that there are many teams that aren't considered "Official" teams for the Avengers, like the Dark Avengers and Young Avengers. I will be using my own judgement on whether I consider a team official or not. If you don't agree, tough. My site, my rules. I will be including some smaller teams later on (IE, West Coast Avengers). Thankfully, the 1960s all the way up to the 2000s is easy enough.

For today we look at the founding members as well as the 1960 recruits. Out of what we are missing, we need a Rick Jones figure, who I'm surprised we don't have an A-Bomb version of. Jarvis may not be on everyone's list but if you are an Avengers fan, he is essential. It has often been said that if it wasn't for Jarvis, there wouldn't be an Avengers. The only way I see him being done is as a Fan Exclusive or a First Appearance Avengers set. Avenger X may have been retconned into existence, but she has been popping up as a villain since then so she might get slotted into a wave at some point. Finally, we have Swordsman, who I already did a Missing Legends for so you can see what I think there. (If you want me to talk about any of these, enter it into the Missing Legends Requests form).

Next post will be on Sunday.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Marvel has many possible futures in their library. One of them is the future where the original Guardians of the Galaxy, where Major Victory, Yondu, Martinex, Charlie-27, Starhawk, Nikki and so many other characters exist. (If you want a Missing Legends of any of those, you know the drill - Missing Legends Requests.) However, we are talking about any of those today. Today we are going back centuries in that timeline to a time where Martians took over Earth. Where humans were enslaved by their masters and forced to hunt and fight each other for their amusement. But one man leads the charge against the aliens and fought for the freedom of the human race. That person is Killraven (31st Century). Fun fact, if the original GOTG comic series was allowed to continue, he would have actually joined the GOTG team and formed a relationship with Rita DeMira's Yellowjacket.

The next post will be on Tuesday, where we will continue our look at the Avengers.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addict. Today we return to Earth's Mightiest Heroes as we continue our look at the members of the Avengers that have been made into Marvel Legends and those that we still need to make. This time we look at the members recruited in the 70's and the 80's. It was in the 80's that things started to get complicated as they split the team into two, with the West Coast Avengers.

It's also the time where we start to see more and more characters that we need to get made. I think we will see the comic book Mantis being made soon, whether she is in her classic or GOTG costume remains to be seen. I don't see Two-Gun Kid or Robart Frank's Whizzer coming. The remaining members of the original 5 GOTG members have a great chance of being made as Hasbro has started making a few members. I could see Starfox being made at some point if Marvel erases that aspect of him. (Those that read that She-Hulk comic know what I mean.) Dr. Druid has a low to possible chance of being made and could easily be slotted into a Dr. Strange wave. I already said what I thought of Marrina in her Missing Legends post. Firebird has become very obscure now, so she is looking unlikely but has a better chance than most. Ravonna has no chance of being made, at least not this version of her. Rita DiMara has a good chance of being made. She could easily be slotted into an Ant-man or GOTG wave. I initially would have said there was very little chance of Gilgamesh being made but well....we are getting Ikaris this year. Finally, you all know my feelings on Human Torch (Hammond) so I won't rant this time.

avengers00.jpg

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. I have quite a bit to talk about so let just jump into with starting with a quick update to Venom (Klyntar) and Venom (Brock), where I changed the classic version to the new Walmart retro version. Speaking of Venom, or at least Sony's pitiful attempt at him, I have also done a quick NCS for Carnage (Sony-verse).

Now onto what you are really here for. We continue our look at the Avengers with a look at all the characters that were recruited during the 90's. Out of the new members we have 10 of them made in some form or another, with a further six of them needing to be made. I have already done a Missing Legends for Stingray and Crystal so you can check those out once you are done here. Out of the remaining, the only one I see having a good chance of being made if Living Lighting as the rest seemed to have either vanished, died or barely make an appearance anymore.

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. Today, we look at probably a dream figure for many people as we look at Dr. Strange's oldest foe and probably third rank of his rogue gallery after Dormammu and Baron Mordo, the Lord of Dreams, Nightmare. Do you get it? Dream figure?................I'm sorry. I'll show myself out.

Anyway, it's not that surprising we don't have this figure yet. Yes, it's a highly requested figure but the fact he is constantly changing his appearance and size makes it hard for many manufacturers not just Hasbro. If they make him a baf, then people would say he is too tall. If they make him a regular figure, then too small. And there is also Dreamstalker. If they don't include him, half the collector would be okay with it and the other half would kick up a storm. Hasbro won't win. I do see him being made though. I just think people will give out either way. But we can all agree it will be part of a Dr. Strange wave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my fellow Plastic Addicts. We start today off by a quick update to a founding Avengers member, Iron Man, with a look at the MK 31 Argonaut Hulkbuster. Yes, he never wore this in the comic and yes, it acted like its own entity but come on. Where else am I going to put it?

We also continue our look at the members of the Avengers we have and don't have in Marvel Legends form, this time looking at all the 2000's recruits. As for the ones we need, I can't see Triathlon (or 3d man) or Silverclaw getting made at any point soon. Jack Of Hearts has a high chance of being made as collectors highly request him, as you can see in the Missing Legends link above.. I could see them making Lionheart as part of a Cap wave. Finally, Jonas' Vision is extremely likely to get made as....well it's a Vision.