Sign in to follow this  
dragonkings

New Sinister Six Pack set revealed

@Ddhawkins

Looks like we can find common ground afterall lol. I for one think the set is great. Is it just a bunch of repacks? Sure. Is it overpriced? Sure. Do I already have all of these characters? Yup. However I collect the line in its entirety and the box nostalgia really speaks to me lol.

Furthermore, for a set that me, Ddhawkins and maybe like one other person on here that didn't feel like it was the biggest piece of crap they'd ever seen...it did sell out pretty fast lol. For anyone that still wants the set, I wouldn't worry too much as Amazon is pretty great about restocking things. Time will tell though I suppose.

Lastly, for anyone that thinks buying this set will just result in more lame releases moving forward...my answer to that is-do you even collect the line? We all know that Hasbro has dropped focus on SA 3.75 in favor of doubling down on 6in (better margins) and Hasbro is making WAY too much money with their 6in legends for that to change anytime soon. Yes, the Vintage Collection is returning for SW SA 3.75 but that does NOT mean that MU 3.75 is magically going to do a 180 and become a real focus again. Also, in case anybody doesn't know, more collectors collect SW 3.75 than ANY other 3.75 line by a SIGNIFICANT margin. There's also the fact that SW 3.75 was already a line adored, adopted and widely collected by fans for over 30 years before MU 3.75 even existed...

Now the return of TVC for SW is the greatest toy news I've heard, period, in the last 5 years but in not naive and hopefully other SW SA 3.75 collectors aren't either with regards to what this "actually means" going forward; the line in returning in spring 2018 sure, but it's not going back to 65+ figures a year (most of which were new) and we won't be seeing a return of the VAST amount of vehicles, box sets, exclusives, etc. The line will most likely straddle 30 figures a year at best and be mostly (if not all) relegated to simple single carded releases. They will be split between repacks from the previous TVC/Black Series and new figures-my guess is a ratio of 50/50 on that but hopefully I'm wrong! I am NOT complaining by any means, just having a realistic mindset for what's to come is all.

I agree that to draw parallels between this line and Star Wars is foolhardy, but this isn't doing us any favors. Feeding nostalgia with overpriced repacks versus new product is a dick move, in my opinion. Perhaps, it's a this or nothing situation in terms of releasing the product at all- but Hasbro has stated, at least in reference to GI Joe, that budget considers any alteration or change to a figure as a "new figure". So, if that applies here, Hasbro has provided us with 7 "new" figures. Are these among 7 new figures any of us would actually want?

Also, as far as the sellout, the Hall of Armor sold out 2 or 3 times, so I imagine this will be back in stock in short order, to echo Saboteur's sentiment.

@cobrasaboteur87

Mate I was being a dick before. Can't wait to get my hands on that spider set. I'm loving the paint jobs on em.

It's good to c Star Wars getting some love back. I've flirted with collecting a phew of those figures. I havnt got many but I'm glad the new films will get some quality figures not just a phew exclusives. Most of my Star Wars figures are from the expanded universe. They did brilliant comic packs to go along with Star Wars legacy. If u havnt read it, it's worth a look.

Well,

As much of a overpriced set I felt this is,

I'm still kinda glad it sold out.

I'm sure it'll restock a few times,

but with them selling and enough people like a couple folks here picking it up till it sold out...

I hope it should show that quality figures in this scale being neglected is them leaving money on the table to some decision makers at Hasbro (and maybe mattel)

Well that escalated quickly. I cannot believe they sold out. They had to seriously under-produce these compared to previous exclusives. Normally I'd be pissed that I missed something, but I can't bring myself to feel it with these. At least by not going on clearance it's proven that 3.75" SA still has a market.

Well as far as TVC2 getting into EU, I'm sure the new line will be occasionally peppered with some EU figs as the previous TVC line did along with just about every years line before that (going back to the 30th Anniversary Collection I believe anyway)

The old comic 2packs that dominated the 30th/Legacy Collection days were by far the best source of EU figs (to echoe Ddhawkins sentiment) but it's highly doubtful those will be returning. Those were all, for the most part, amazing figures and having every single damn pack they ever released is one of my more fond aspects of my SW collection.

However, thanks to the concerted effort of the EU/Legends extremists that are once again hijacking the fans choice poll through ballot stuffing and botting...I'm sure the "winner" of the poll that just closed will undoubtedly be Ben Skywalker. I LOVE EU but my god is Ben Skywalker a boring character imo and more importantly, based on most photos/artist renderings of him...he is gonna make for one hell of a boring looking figure. I wanted Yak Face to win but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Yer they r pretty eye catching. The whole thing is a lot of fun. The packaging is awesome, I'm sure if they started to release single carded figures in that old toy biz style the mums and dads would b pick em up for the kids. And maybe get a new generation interested in 3.75 figures. To get 6 variants in one pack is brill.

Just saw that!!! Was thinking about it... but now maybe not

No... it's through them. I'll wait and hope the price drops back down

Question for the customizers out there. Is there any way to remove the painted leopard print bands on Kraven's biceps without screwing up the flesh coloring on the plastic?

$119.99 sold by ToyWiz. Amazon must have burned through their stock finally.

Well damn. I was planning to grab another one this weekend if they stayed in the $30-40 range. Oh well.

$119.99 sold by ToyWiz. Amazon must have burned through their stock finally.

Well damn. I was planning to grab another one this weekend if they stayed in the $30-40 range. Oh well.

Maybe Toywiz and other spots bought all the Amazon clearance stock and raised the prices.

Ah well, I never bought it and Ok with missing thos one.... now that Revolutions set I PRAY I can get my hands on retail from HTS.