Official SDCC 2017 Discussion Thread

tarot

Wow...kind of makes you wonder what they saved for the "big reveals" today, I should probably make sure I'm sitting down when today's reveals hit. I need that Ghost Rider and Motorcycle, so badly! And I'm so glad that Songbird came out looking so good, this is hands down far superior to the old one they scrapped a few years back.

Wow, it looks like the rumor lists were true. Songbird was rumored to be in the Avengers wave for Infinity War which the whole wave is a pass for me it looks like. Songbird looks nice and I may just grab her but not a priority for me. Google search Marvel Legends 2018 rumors and you will see that list pop up.

Black Widow is a must have for me. She looks sweet with that bike. I am not a fan of Gwenpool and Spiderpunk. Mysterio maybe the only one I am after in that wave. The Deadpool wave looks nice and I am happy we are getting a different X wave then just that to go with it.

I hope we get:

Storm First Appearance or the Jim Lee version. Either works for me but I really feel in my bones that we are getting a Storm figure with her being one of the main X females and we already got Rogue, Jean Grey, Kitty Pride and Polaris.

Gambit, This would really make this a homerun if its the classic one in his trenchcoat.

Jim Lee Pyslocke would sweeten the pot or a Rachel Grey figure which I feel we need a proper one.

Yeah so far this bike series are the only two figs i'm interested in. Maybe Cable and Domino.

Spider punk is gonna peg hard and Songbird, while pretty, is fairly obscure.

I'm ready for todays reveals. In addition to a Jim Lee Psylocke, I hope we get a JL Beast, Storm, and Prof X.

Wow, it looks like the rumor lists were true. Songbird was rumored to be in the Avengers wave for Infinity War which the whole wave is a pass for me it looks like. Songbird looks nice and I may just grab her but not a priority for me. Google search Marvel Legends 2018 rumors and you will see that list pop up.

Black Widow is a must have for me. She looks sweet with that bike. I am not a fan of Gwenpool and Spiderpunk. Mysterio maybe the only one I am after in that wave. The Deadpool wave looks nice and I am happy we are getting a different X wave then just that to go with it.

I hope we get:

Storm First Appearance or the Jim Lee version. Either works for me but I really feel in my bones that we are getting a Storm figure with her being one of the main X females and we already got Rogue, Jean Grey, Kitty Pride and Polaris.

Gambit, This would really make this a homerun if its the classic one in his trenchcoat.

Jim Lee Pyslocke would sweeten the pot or a Rachel Grey figure which I feel we need a proper one.

Songbird being in the Avengers: Infinity War wave (1st one) is confirmed by Dwight Stal. I'm putting my money on Gambit being revealed today as a definite with Psylocke also in the mix (Gambit was brought up in casual conversation and Dwight while not acknowledging anything, kept clowning about how they definitely have trenchcoats. I know that's not much to go on, but after chopping it up with Dwight and the rest of the design team for 6 years running, you learn to pick up on the subtle clues the drop). I don't know if they're tackling the Beast yet ( I don't know if they think they can compete with the Toybiz version and they take that challenge very seriously. They ask all the time how some of their redos stack against TB). What IS apparent is they're going through the 90's Jim Lee/Blue team squad 1st so I don't think we'll be seeing the likes of Storm, Bishop, Colossus(in 90's gear), or Nightcrawler yet...but I've been wrong before! Tony asked me to guess what character will be the BAF for the Deadpool wave. The only hint he gave was it's a character tied to both X-Men and Deadpool. During our conversation, I brought up Captain Marvel long range and said the BAF should be Sasquatch. Both Dwight and Tony both kinda went "WHOA" on me. I'm telling you all this because even though my default pick will always be Sauron, I'm going with Sasquatch as my pick. Both are tied to the X-Men. Both are Canadian. That's my pick.

PS: Since we always get a Wolverine, I'm thinking we finally get an "in scale" Tiger striper this go round.

I hope we get Multiple Man, Strong guy and Sunspot with this X-men wave.

Multiple Man was brought up Thursday. All I know is if this happens, Hasbro BETTER do the 2 per case game if the wave only has seven characters! This would probaly be the 1st time in Legends history that a long packed item was the hardest to get. Army build hell all the way!

I hope we get:

Songbird being in the Avengers: Infinity War wave (1st one) is confirmed by Dwight Stal. I'm putting my money on Gambit being revealed today as a definite with Psylocke also in the mix (Gambit was brought up in casual conversation and Dwight while not acknowledging anything, kept clowning about how they definitely have trenchcoats. I know that's not much to go on, but after chopping it up with Dwight and the rest of the design team for 6 years running, you learn to pick up on the subtle clues the drop). I don't know if they're tackling the Beast yet ( I don't know if they think they can compete with the Toybiz version and they take that challenge very seriously. They ask all the time how some of their redos stack against TB). What IS apparent is they're going through the 90's Jim Lee/Blue team squad 1st so I don't think we'll be seeing the likes of Storm, Bishop, Colossus(in 90's gear), or Nightcrawler yet...but I've been wrong before! Tony asked me to guess what character will be the BAF for the Deadpool wave. The only hint he gave was it's a character tied to both X-Men and Deadpool. During our conversation, I brought up Captain Marvel long range and said the BAF should be Sasquatch. Both Dwight and Tony both kinda went "WHOA" on me. I'm telling you all this because even though my default pick will always be Sauron, I'm going with Sasquatch as my pick. Both are tied to the X-Men. Both are Canadian. That's my pick.

PS: Since we always get a Wolverine, I'm thinking we finally get an "in scale" Tiger striper this go round.

Maybe X-23 in her current suit for the Wolverine?

Everything looks great so far and even I have very little to complain about. Only problem I have is that Domino looks like a straight repaint of Mockingbird. Hope the final product has at least a few differences. Also, love all the throwback wave, but I think by not including a BAF Hasbro is missing out on the perfect chance to update the Hulk. Oh well, maybe the eventual release of the Totally Awesome Hulk will include an alternative head or something. Spider-Punk is a total cliche, but it's a thousand times better than Spider UK. I was hoping for a Spider Noire sighting but I'm sure it will share legs,with the new Hydra figure. Glad the GR is Blaze. I loved Danny Ketch the character but that bike was lame & we already got that bike in the TB days. I swear, if Strong Guy is the BAF for the Deadpool wave I will wet myself. Are we actually getting 4 Walgreens exclusives next year or is another gonna hit this year? And, even though Classic Thing was announced as an exclusive doesn't mean we can't still get a modern (larger) GOTG version as a BAF. Gambit & Psylocke are shoe ins for next X-wave & a Beast, a new Emma, & a Nimrod BAF would be a knockout punch, but if it''s not gonna hit till next year I doubt there'll be any reveal at this Con.

One thing the Hasbro team is trying to do is make the characters more in scale. You may have noticed Thor (Odinson) is a little smaller. He's been entirely too large for entirely too long! It's a mad This should translate to the Thing not needing to be "larger". He's only 6 feet tall and if Colossus didn't need to be a BAF (and at 7.5" that's a perfect 1:12 scale), the Thing definitely doesn't! I know a lot of collectors are obsessed with the "bigger is better notion, but it really isn't.

*breathes in* OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! THAT EPIC!!!!!! *breathes out*

I got to watch the panel via live streaming for the time so that was nice and I'm glad I did. If my niece wasn't sleeping in the next room I would be screaming.

So.....

• Medusa -
    • Nice surprise. Glad she is in her more classic costume and no frigging heels. I have the SDCC one but this one look better and goes with the Black Bolt coming as well. I hope we see at least Crystal and Lockjaw soon.
  • Hydra -
    • I'm not really a ABuilder but I might get this for my completist disease.
  • Defenders set -
    • Extremely nice surprise. Don't think anyone was expecting this. We get a repainted DD and rerelease Luke Cage with a ANAD Iron Fist and for the first time a comic book Jessica Jones. Looks like the Netflix one won't be taken up my shelf space for long.
  • Vintage
    • I think this will be the first comic line I ever skipped. I'm sorry, new paints, extra heads and new hand is not enough for me to buy these. Maybe Black Widow since she is different enough to warrant it.
  • Black Bolt
    • I have the SDCC one (hope they fixed the wings on him) but that paint, head and energy effect make this figure look epic.
  • Namor
    • Wow. who would have thought a guy in green trunks would make me smile so much. I'm surprise they allow it.
  • Deathlok
    • I like this one. I alway had a problem with getting the older one to stay and it had that stupid rubber hose for the gun. so this will be nice.
  • X-23
    • Yes! Finally! a costume she actually wore. I love it. By the way they were saying it, we may see her again in the near future with her toe claw. Wolverine version anyone?
  • Strong Guy not the BAF? I'm okay with that but I know someone going to rant and say Hasbro doesn't care about the fans even thought they are given us so much.
  • Mysterio
    • Goodbye CLassic Mysterio. Hello Hasbro Mysterio. They have almost replace all my Spidey rogues
  • Lizard
    • I honestly thought that they couldn't trump TB one. Boy was I wrong. This actually look epic and well worth getting all the figures.
  • Mr. Fantastic
    • Better head? Check. stretch arms? Check. regular arms? check. If I had a walgreen I be waiting to it to arrive.
  • Also poor Ben. :P
  • Sneak Peeks? MY Guess
    • Silver Surfer
    • White wolf ? Shuri?
    • Black panthr with flame powers. that one has me stumped.
    • MCU Thanos no doubt in my mind Either that or a bigger classic Thanos.
  • Apocalypse
    • oh thanks god. I know most people were asking for him when the AOA film came out so it's nice to have him. Hasbro listens so I think Sauron and Nimrod should be coming.

I held the Defenders Box set in these hands! Jessica in her Jewel costume, Iron Fist shirtless, and Luke Cage with new boots, new bracelets and no Thunderbolts logo. Apocalypse is BANGIN! NOT HAPPY with swim trunks Manor or Black Bolt (except for the screaming head). Media is basically the same, just different (classic) costume, and no heels. Way too many Deadpool stuff. The Defenders is an Amazon exclusive, out around Christmas.