tarot

Official SDCC 2017 Discussion Thread

Overall I was very happy with this year's reveals. There were a few omissions that I was disappointed with. I expected a little more info about the X-wave than just the repetition of "best wave so far". As usual, so sad Strong Guy didn't make the cut again, but I know the call out for a new Apocalypse overshadowed the Guido fan club along with Nimrod & Sauron. Oh well, his ship will come in one day. So I'm guessing the Deadwood wave BAF will be maybe Cyber or Omega Red if not Nimrod. I honestly was expecting to see some more 2 packs with a modern costume Scarlet Witch (Dwight has stated how bothered he is by the size of the current one) and Quicksilver update (maybe in his black/silver duds) or a Cloak & Dagger set (gotta capitalize on it now cuz it honestly sounds like the show is gonna be a bigger dud than that Inhumans POS).

Now on to what I like, which is everything.

Medusa & Blackbolt - love the update. Looks like they're going with the Dark Phoenix formula which is the smaller bust with the curvier thighs. This is my personal favorite set up. Still can't seem to get Blackbolts wings right, but the new effects are well done.

Hail Hydra - if anything, these are the ones I'm the least excited for. I'll still get them but I'm afraid of getting caught up in trying to build an army. A total wallet buster for a buncha non-specific characters. On the brighter side a SHIELD set can't be far behind. I have a brilliant idea for Hasbro that I'll outline on its own thread.

Defenders Box Set - totally love them but why oh why does Luke Cage keep getting the mass release snub. I'm not all that upset about his altered look cuz, for the most part, his look is pretty ridiculous no matter how you cut it. Sorry, just the truth. Never expected a comic Jewel, but a good pull on that one. I'm liking the new color scheme and billy clubs for DD but I was hoping for his black suit. I also woulda preferred an updated Immortal Iron Fist rather than the bare chested Kung Fu fighter look.

Walgreens Exclusives - I'm soooo happy FF has found its way back into Legends but I'm just wondering where they're all gonna drop. If I'm not mistaken, along with Medusa, we have Reed, Silver Surfer, Thing & Super Skull all on deck. I'm hoping we get at least one of them this year after Johnny Storm bringing the count to at least 3 or 4 this year & 3 or 4 next year. Of course, more than 4 a year would be fine as well. I think we could all stand for a new Doctor Doom & Kang, huh?

Vintage wave - a nice wave to get out updates on the major players on the Marvel Universe without having to endure any more lame MCU figs. Although I don't believe a BAF is essential to every line I do think Hasbro missed out on a golden opportunity to give us a comic Hulk update (with freaking ankle pivot) by not doing a BAF.

Deadpool wave - so glad this happened. And for the record, I do consider this wave an X-Men wave, just with DP as the headliner rather than Wolverine. So if it hits this year I will be right about getting 2 this year. As far as product? 90's Deadpool, totally unnecessary. Looks good but was a waste of a roster spot. Deathlok, love it, need it. Ole top heavy, rubber legs Deathlok is on it way to the storage bin. Domino, I was hoping for a little more than a straight Mockingbird repaint & the purple guns thing is deserving of a severe #$#@# slapping but she's one of my favorite conflicted characters, so....there ya go. Black DP, X-Force DP, oh yeah, they are gonna milk the #$@# outta his closet which has more outfits in it than freaking Barbie. I was hoping for Bishop or maybe Slapstick or Massacre. Maybe later. X-23, yes please. Speaking of another character they can exploit for several looks, hope her Wolverine version will include toe blades. Cable is awesome & one of the best in show. Please let the be an alternate head cuz I just hate the rediculous Leifeld hairdo.

Namor - good start to the Black Panther wave. Hopefully the Iron Man will be a modern comic version. I can only endure so many MCU version repaints, yknow?

Spider-Man figures - though it's really obscure the Spider Punk is miles (pun intended) better than Spider UK, who I know was more of an excuse just to create a new buck. Sadly no Spider Noir sighting. Hopefully it's as good as the MU (yes, I still call them MU cuz they sure as hell aren't Legends) version. Mysterio & Lizard, once again Hasbro set out to improve on TB's design and knocks it outta the park. Can't wait. Please give us a look at Prowler sometime soon.

Songbird - beautiful & amazing. I knew Hasbro wouldn't settle for the same design they used for the prototype way back during the Dark Days of ML. They wanna remember those days less than we do. Hopefully they take the chance to improve on the first Scarlet Witch in this same wave.

Cycle figures - I'm all in for these. What a great, tho not very totally inovative, way to get some new product out there & a brilliant way to get a comic BW into ML. Zero complaints from me at that $40 price tag. And for all you complaining about the version of GR they used, rest assured, the others are coming tho I'm not sure exactly how they would do Robbie's Charger. Maybe an ultimate deluxe set? Other figs that can fall under this format? How bout Wolverine, Captain America, Gwenpool (with scooter) & Winter Soldier (comic version, of course).

I'm sure I missed a few but my heads still reeling from the best ComiCon reveal to date.

TEAM STRONG GUY FOR LIFE!

Do you know something the rest of us don't?!?! Why would there be an Iron Man in the Black Panther wave?

Overall I was very happy with this year's reveals. There were a few omissions that I was disappointed with. I expected a little more info about the X-wave than just the repetition of "best wave so far". As usual, so sad Strong Guy didn't make the cut again, but I know the call out for a new Apocalypse overshadowed the Guido fan club along with Nimrod & Sauron. Oh well, his ship will come in one day. So I'm guessing the Deadwood wave BAF will be maybe Cyber or Omega Red if not Nimrod. I honestly was expecting to see some more 2 packs with a modern costume Scarlet Witch (Dwight has stated how bothered he is by the size of the current one) and Quicksilver update (maybe in his black/silver duds) or a Cloak & Dagger set (gotta capitalize on it now cuz it honestly sounds like the show is gonna be a bigger dud than that Inhumans POS).

Now on to what I like, which is everything.

Medusa & Blackbolt - love the update. Looks like they're going with the Dark Phoenix formula which is the smaller bust with the curvier thighs. This is my personal favorite set up. Still can't seem to get Blackbolts wings right, but the new effects are well done.

Hail Hydra - if anything, these are the ones I'm the least excited for. I'll still get them but I'm afraid of getting caught up in trying to build an army. A total wallet buster for a buncha non-specific characters. On the brighter side a SHIELD set can't be far behind. I have a brilliant idea for Hasbro that I'll outline on its own thread.

Defenders Box Set - totally love them but why oh why does Luke Cage keep getting the mass release snub. I'm not all that upset about his altered look cuz, for the most part, his look is pretty ridiculous no matter how you cut it. Sorry, just the truth. Never expected a comic Jewel, but a good pull on that one. I'm liking the new color scheme and billy clubs for DD but I was hoping for his black suit. I also woulda preferred an updated Immortal Iron Fist rather than the bare chested Kung Fu fighter look.

Walgreens Exclusives - I'm soooo happy FF has found its way back into Legends but I'm just wondering where they're all gonna drop. If I'm not mistaken, along with Medusa, we have Reed, Silver Surfer, Thing & Super Skull all on deck. I'm hoping we get at least one of them this year after Johnny Storm bringing the count to at least 3 or 4 this year & 3 or 4 next year. Of course, more than 4 a year would be fine as well. I think we could all stand for a new Doctor Doom & Kang, huh?

Vintage wave - a nice wave to get out updates on the major players on the Marvel Universe without having to endure any more lame MCU figs. Although I don't believe a BAF is essential to every line I do think Hasbro missed out on a golden opportunity to give us a comic Hulk update (with freaking ankle pivot) by not doing a BAF.

Deadpool wave - so glad this happened. And for the record, I do consider this wave an X-Men wave, just with DP as the headliner rather than Wolverine. So if it hits this year I will be right about getting 2 this year. As far as product? 90's Deadpool, totally unnecessary. Looks good but was a waste of a roster spot. Deathlok, love it, need it. Ole top heavy, rubber legs Deathlok is on it way to the storage bin. Domino, I was hoping for a little more than a straight Mockingbird repaint & the purple guns thing is deserving of a severe #$#@# slapping but she's one of my favorite conflicted characters, so....there ya go. Black DP, X-Force DP, oh yeah, they are gonna milk the #$@# outta his closet which has more outfits in it than freaking Barbie. I was hoping for Bishop or maybe Slapstick or Massacre. Maybe later. X-23, yes please. Speaking of another character they can exploit for several looks, hope her Wolverine version will include toe blades. Cable is awesome & one of the best in show. Please let the be an alternate head cuz I just hate the rediculous Leifeld hairdo.

Namor - good start to the Black Panther wave. Hopefully the Iron Man will be a modern comic version. I can only endure so many MCU version repaints, yknow?

Spider-Man figures - though it's really obscure the Spider Punk is miles (pun intended) better than Spider UK, who I know was more of an excuse just to create a new buck. Sadly no Spider Noir sighting. Hopefully it's as good as the MU (yes, I still call them MU cuz they sure as hell aren't Legends) version. Mysterio & Lizard, once again Hasbro set out to improve on TB's design and knocks it outta the park. Can't wait. Please give us a look at Prowler sometime soon.

Songbird - beautiful & amazing. I knew Hasbro wouldn't settle for the same design they used for the prototype way back during the Dark Days of ML. They wanna remember those days less than we do. Hopefully they take the chance to improve on the first Scarlet Witch in this same wave.

Cycle figures - I'm all in for these. What a great, tho not very totally inovative, way to get some new product out there & a brilliant way to get a comic BW into ML. Zero complaints from me at that $40 price tag. And for all you complaining about the version of GR they used, rest assured, the others are coming tho I'm not sure exactly how they would do Robbie's Charger. Maybe an ultimate deluxe set? Other figs that can fall under this format? How bout Wolverine, Captain America, Gwenpool (with scooter) & Winter Soldier (comic version, of course).

I'm sure I missed a few but my heads still reeling from the best ComiCon reveal to date.

TEAM STRONG GUY FOR LIFE!

Do you know something the rest of us don't?!?! Why would there be an Iron Man in the Black Panther wave?

Its on a rumor list on Reddit.

Jan 1st(so maybe end of year, movie based wave)

• Black Panther x 2
  • Siberian Toger
  • Leopard
  • Black Bolt
  • Iron Man x 2
  • Namor
  • BAF not confirmed

Spiderman:

I am happy that Lizard is the BAF. I can call my Spidey collection done finally. Just going to grab Mysterio and Lizard. Really don't understand Gwenpool. I would have rather that spot go to Firestar in her classic yellow costume but I am sure some people are happy to have Gwenpool so I am not going to knock it too much. I am cool with my Toybiz Doc Ock and Scorpion. If Hasbro makes them in this line then knowing me I will probably will grab them. Lizard looks great and so does Mysterio.

Deadpool:

I am defiently grabbing Domino. I might grab 90's Deadpool. Cable and X-23, I am on the fence on them. The rest is an easy pass for me. Sucks Strong Guy is not the BAF but oh well.

Deluxe Riders or whatever this is called:

I am going to grab that Black Widow. Ghost Rider looks pretty sweet as well but I am going to pass on him.

X-Men:

Apocalypse looks pretty good. I am probably going to buy the case again like I have been doing for the past two years.

The Rest:

I am going to pass on them. I will make an effort for The Fantastic Four figures but dreading going into Walgreens :(. I wished these were a wave and released altogether. I may grab that Vintage line Black Widow as well.

Its on a rumor list on Reddit.

Jan 1st(so maybe end of year, movie based wave)

• Black Panther x 2
  • Siberian Toger
  • Leopard
  • Black Bolt
  • Iron Man x 2
  • Namor
  • BAF not confirmed

Thanks for the assist. Also, didn't Rektangular do a video on it as well?

Looking at the preview again. it seem like the first 2 figures have connect backdrops. Maybe a new 2 pack?

The ones on the left on this image, looks like a 2 pack with Klaw and Shuri. Either that or Klaw and White Wolf.

IMG_4266__scaled_600.jpg

That could either be a box insert backer for the 2pack packaging, or just an image they used for the purposes of this preview. Who knows. But I loved the insert backer on the Star-Lord/Ego 2pack, just dazzling!

The ones on the left on this image, looks like a 2 pack with Klaw and Shuri. Either that or Klaw and White Wolf.

IMG_4266__scaled_600.jpg

One thing's for certain; That is a comic Klaw (Kinda funny. I told Tony Colella Klaw needs a redo. He's too scrawny and his power horn is too big. He said "you're right. He does need a do over". He did have a smirk on his face. Now some folks here may be asking "what makes me think it's a comic Klaw"? Well you tell me!

Oh it's definitely a comic Klaw. That body mold is a total comic style buck. A movie version would have some toned down jacketed or mechanical look to it. I doubt they would go full CGI to make him look more like the comic character.

Also, I do believe it's probably a 2 pack. As we've seen time & again Hasbro prefers to do redos in a different format from the original. You rarely see a single card figure get redone as another single card or a special edition or exclusive redone as another exclusive, tho Luke Cage seems to be the exception to the rule this go round. That's why I expect the Scarlet Witch redo to be in some sort of 2 pack or exclusive. Both SW & Quicksilver are in need of redos and since both were originally released as singles a 2 pack would kill 2 birds with one stone. Tho technically if they have different costumes & looks from the originals I wouldn't necessarily consider them a redo. Such is the case with the 90's style Cable.

What if it's a 3.75 movie 2 pack?

What if it's a 3.75 movie 2 pack?

not with that effect and spear.